Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Indianapolis
117 E. Washington St.
Indianapolis, IN 46204Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fogodechao.com/
- Phone: (317) 638-4000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse, South American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Indianapolis
Fogo de Chão® (fo-go dèe shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, Fogo® began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (106)good for groups (80)fit for foodies (55)notable wine list (29)romantic (28)hot spot (25)great for lunch (23)kid-friendly (12)neighborhood gem (11)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/22/2014The restaurant was too crowded to enjoy and the staff was running around with no regard to guests. What a waste of a special night night out
- High Energy Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014If you'e going out for quiet romantic date night, don't go here. But High energy date experience please do. It was a wonderful experience with great food. Loved the salads and cold food. Then when the meats came, we were amazed by the quality and seasoning of it. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More please?MauriVIPDined on 11/16/2014There is not doubt that the food is awesome. Plus, it never stops coming. Be sure you are hungry when you go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FogoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014It is a very nice restaurant and offers much with a salad bar that is better than any, however, the quality of steak and service is just not worthy of the premium price that is charged. We had a nice evening but can think of a half dozen restaurants I would go back to before returning here.Special Features:
- excellentBuckeyesDined on 11/10/2014This is our second visit. The food was delicious, the waiters were prompt, we were seated immediately and enjoyed not only the food but the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableFgcoolDined on 11/9/2014Do to some surgery I am only able to eat small amounts. That is impossible to do here! So basically the value is not there for me, but it sure is for others. Beef and lamb was wonderful however the pork, ribs and chicken were very dry. The ribs were basically inedible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NO Complaints!manoffewwordsDined on 11/8/2014Practically no wait (had 7pm reservations on a Sat. Night), food was delicious, waiters always available, one of the best places to go in Indy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our thingLoveIndyDined on 11/8/2014Service was absolutely amazing. Very attentive. But we like more of a traditional restaurant. Salad bar was wonderful.Special Features:
- Nice, not amazingSweetMeatDined on 11/7/2014We sat pretty close to the salad bar so there was a little more noise and traffic. Also, we met our waiter at the beginning, but we only saw him briefly throughout the night. Other people came to help, so I wasn't sure who was assigned to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful place for all meat lovers.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/6/2014We have been twice now during the lunch hours. We enjoy the polished casual lunch crowd and the inviting staff. Our glasses are never less than half full and the meat is always delicious. The warm bananas are scrumptious and something I crave and can't stop eating. The salad bar is always clean and full. Exciting colors are inviting and they just never disappoint. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations?EatsALotDined on 11/1/2014Ive dined at Fogo many times before, for both lunch and dinner and have always had great service. This past Saturday, 11/1/14, I made reservations for 5 people at 7:30. The whole party arrived a few minutes before hand and checked in. The hostess handed me a buzzer and said to bring this back when it goes off. We waited 30 minutes before I first asked how much longer the hostess thought it would be. She replied 10 more min. 2 tips and other bigger parties came and went. 20 min later, I asked again. After that we were seated. 50 min after our set reservation time. Why goto ghe trouble to make reservations if you aren't going to be seated in a timely fashion. Very disappointed with the lack of organization. The food was good as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday treatMeatandmoreDined on 11/1/2014I am not a big meat eater, but my fiancé is. I treated him to Fogo for his birthday and he thoroughly enjoyed it. He had been excited about the reservation for weeks and the restaurant did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I made a reservation but I still waited for 45 mins. One other group with same amount of people that also had a reservation at the same time arrived later than us but got served earlier. The atmosphere is energetic and very noisy. The meat they cooked is not as good as I thought, apparently not very good quality of meat. I would suggest just go to local butcher shop to buy a good portion of prime and cook at home.Special Features:
- Good but hecticKathyDined on 11/1/2014The salad bar and food were good. We wanted to try the variety of meats but were never offered more than five options. Really wanted the lamb but it never appeared even after requesting. We decided you would need to stay for several hours to get the choices. Glad we went not sure we would go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderempressedSadcustomerDined on 10/31/2014Been here many times normally a fun romantic overwhelming experience. However, this evening was upsetting considering the food service and how much you spend. We waited two times for over 10 min with out seeing beef come around. At one point all the kept bringing was pork. When beef finally started coming around at an abundant level what do you know, it was cold. It was not a busy as normal so I'm not sure what was going on. But on behalf of the front entry section on Halloween all you could here was the 8 tables not happy. I know this was just a fluke I will still tell people to go but we probably will spend our money elsewhere for a birthday and anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014It was my first time here and I was excited about going here. Unfortunately it was very noisy where we were seated so I had a hard time hearing our server. Once we figured out on our own how it all worked it was amazing minus thr noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations...mattmo38Dined on 10/25/2014The food at Fogo was good. I would not say that it was excellent especially given the price point. I understand that the food is all you can eat but at approx $50/plate I would expect excellent food. A disappointing aspect of the evening was the fact that we had reservations for 7:30 PM and were not seated until nearly 7:50. My expectation is that if I make the effort to make a reservation for a certain time then the restaurant should have a table available for my party at that time, not make me sit and wait for 20 minutes.Special Features:
- busy weekendGoldieDined on 10/18/2014ok so this is not my first trip to Fogo however, this was the first time that I came away frustrated & still a tad hungry, even after being there for over 2 hours. Service was off, I don't know what the problem was because this is a city built for conventions and this is a large restaurant that can easily accomodate big groups. Bar service was forgetful and slow, our wine acutally got warm waiting for someone to return with glassware and a corkscrew. This visit has to be the exception to the rule as we normally have great service combined with great food. Hopefully management will take into consideration the triple threat of a weekend football game combined with a Pacers game along with a large convention in town and staff accordingly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time guestsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/18/2014The salad bar was amazing. The meat was good. The side dishes were too small. There were 4 at our table and there wasn't even enough mashed potatoes to go around to all four of us. Pretty expensive place to take kids. I'm sure we will go again, but without kids.Special Features:
- JRand4Dined on 10/15/2014Good service, (and not pushed) great food results in a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FogoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Overall ambiance was nice. Meats were delicious ! Would probably go again if in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyCountryfFolkDined on 10/4/2014Salad bar many interesting choices. The meat is a meat lovers dream come true. Drinks many to choice from. Great service. A very unique dining experience that one should try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun experiencejpsouthbendDined on 10/4/2014We were there on a Saturday night so it was quite busy. We enjoyed the variety on the Salad Bar as well as the variety of meats that were available. It is a unique dining experience and pricey so I'd probably save it for a special occasion. The wine selection was quite nice - a lot from South America which was to be expected - several very good choices. The service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD ONCE AGAINDAvidDined on 10/4/2014I have had the opportunity to eat here several times. It is a consistent and fun place to go.Special Features:
- Reservation system is brokenOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014I have eaten here many times in the past and enjoyed the experience, but the last two or three times I have made reservations I have been unable to get seated at any time resembling my reservation time. The first two times it was between 20 and 30 minutes after my stated time before I got seated. This last time I ended up leaving the restaurant before dining because I was taking my mother out to eat and after 45 minutes (with the staff continually telling me it would be 10 more minutes) I decided to take her elsewhere. I will not be eating here again unless someone else in the group insists and will surely not be taking my mother here again.
- not happyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014too many waiters,most where rude you have to wait to more that you want. you just get a bite of this and that, way over priced.
- A meat lover's dreamrobertbakerDined on 9/19/2014Took my stepson here for his birthday. Afterwards he proclaimed "its my new favorite restaurant!". The servers paced us just right and with 16 meat choices you can't go wrong - not to mention lox at the salad bar. Wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatDined on 9/15/2014Everything was wonderful! We would highly recommend this place to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014This was my 2nd time here. I loved the quick service and how everyone worked as a team. I loved it as well as my lady friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meat selectionRusty25Dined on 9/12/2014The "salad" bar was great, great selection of cheese and vegetables that you don't get on your normal salad bar. The meats variety was great and service is excellent.Special Features:
- Eh...KevinMDVIPDined on 9/6/2014Fogo de Chao is a fun place to eat, but it is really quantity over quality. While the lamb, chicken and sausage selections are fantastic, and the salad bar has no rival in terms of selection and uniqueness, the steak always comes up short. It is not as tender, and there is usually more gristle compared to a typical steakhouse of the same price. This was true of our recent visit, and our server seemed half-hearted. The cocktails and dessert were good as well. As a whole package, it was a treat to go to Fogo, but afterward, it seems hard to justify how high the bill was compared to the experience.Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I have been in Fogo at DC and i found that the food at DC was much better than the food here in indy. I liked the service here more than DC.Special Features:
- Service was lousyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/5/2014Not what it used to be. The service was lousy and the side dishes were much smaller in portion and very hard to get.Special Features:
- Fogos A HitBigbeefloverVIPDined on 8/31/2014Eaten at Fogo's many times, and as always this was a great night. Due to Devour Downtown Event, they were very busy and crowded, but food was great.Special Features:
- Won't Go Back During DevourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014During Devour Fogo has reduced the meat selections (No Top Sirloin) and limited the available desserts ( You can purchase other desserts at regular price). The service was slow and not as attentive as normal and for the first time ever there was long waits in-between meat service. I love this place and will go back many times for sure, but just not during devour. It is also becoming increasing loud in the dinning room which is starting to give it a T.G.I. Friday's feel.Special Features:
- Good food Good AmbianceBrothergrimiamDined on 8/28/2014Food was good and so was ambiance. Kind of pricy but well worth the cost. Go and have a good time.Special Features:
- ExpensiveDined on 8/28/2014It should be at least 10.00 cheaper. The servers were excellent, the decor did not justify a Brazilian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacularahunter2323Dined on 8/27/2014Amazing as always! Service team always makes us feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TulipDined on 8/26/2014The food was amazing, however even though having reservations at 8:30pm we were not seated until 9pm. During this we tried to go to the side bar to have a drink, the bartendar left and we never got to actually order one. Then when we were ready for our bill it took over 20mins for someone to even come and and take our request, then another 20mins for them to actually bring it. Food is good kind of pricey we spent over $100.00 and there was just two of us, but the waiting before and after makes me not want to go back.Special Features:
- Fogo during devour downtownJjeffersDined on 8/26/2014Party of 7 during devour downtown week and both the food and service were just as excellent as when we dined on a much less hectic night with only four. Surprised that the quality and amount of food was equal at the discounted price. Only missed the papaya cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.