Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Indianapolis
117 E. Washington St.
Indianapolis, IN 46204Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fogodechao.com/
- Phone: 3176384000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse, South American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Indianapolis
Fogo de Chão® (fo-go dèe shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, Fogo® began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (115)good for groups (68)fit for foodies (55)notable wine list (31)romantic (30)great for lunch (26)hot spot (21)kid-friendly (9)neighborhood gem (8)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Fogos A HitBigbeefloverVIPDined on 8/31/2014Eaten at Fogo's many times, and as always this was a great night. Due to Devour Downtown Event, they were very busy and crowded, but food was great.Special Features:
- Won't Go Back During DevourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014During Devour Fogo has reduced the meat selections (No Top Sirloin) and limited the available desserts ( You can purchase other desserts at regular price). The service was slow and not as attentive as normal and for the first time ever there was long waits in-between meat service. I love this place and will go back many times for sure, but just not during devour. It is also becoming increasing loud in the dinning room which is starting to give it a T.G.I. Friday's feel.Special Features:
- Good food Good AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2014Food was good and so was ambiance. Kind of pricy but well worth the cost. Go and have a good time.Special Features:
- ExpensiveDined on 8/28/2014It should be at least 10.00 cheaper. The servers were excellent, the decor did not justify a Brazilian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacularahunter2323Dined on 8/27/2014Amazing as always! Service team always makes us feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TulipDined on 8/26/2014The food was amazing, however even though having reservations at 8:30pm we were not seated until 9pm. During this we tried to go to the side bar to have a drink, the bartendar left and we never got to actually order one. Then when we were ready for our bill it took over 20mins for someone to even come and and take our request, then another 20mins for them to actually bring it. Food is good kind of pricey we spent over $100.00 and there was just two of us, but the waiting before and after makes me not want to go back.Special Features:
- Fogo during devour downtownJjeffersDined on 8/26/2014Party of 7 during devour downtown week and both the food and service were just as excellent as when we dined on a much less hectic night with only four. Surprised that the quality and amount of food was equal at the discounted price. Only missed the papaya cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HowardVIPDined on 8/24/2014First time customer. Took getting use to the tapas style portions, but they kept coming. Get in practice using tongs to catch the slices of meat as they are shaved off for you. Service is quite good. This restaurant is not for a quiet dinner. Huge enthusiastic crowd. Be prepared for items not to be labeled on the salad bar which is quite extensive. Try new items you won't see on other salad bars.Special Features:
- ExcellentChristinaDined on 8/23/2014Great restaurant! Nice staff not over crowed. We was not rushed. They made sure that any meat we wanted to try made its way to our table. The food was delicious. I would recommend to everyoneSpecial Features:
- A "Must" experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Fantastic quality food, served at whatever temperature you prefer. Of course....also....all you care to eat. An amazing experience of taste, flavors, and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMommybearDined on 8/23/2014This was the first time we have been to Fogo de Chao and it was AMAZING!!! The food was great and the service, well let's just say that the last time we had service this wonderful we were on a moving restaurant called a cruise ship! It was almost like they anticipated our needs before we even knew what we wanted or needed! :) The food was delicious and we look forward to returning againSpecial Features:
- They have a few issues right now.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014730 reservation turned into seating nearly at 8. Food was not very good. Found the hostess was only been there a week and their kitchen was short 3 people. Give them a couple months and I imagine they'll have figured it out. This was my 4th time there and not had a problem before.
- Always A WinnerMariaDined on 8/20/2014We have been numerous times and each and every time it has been perfect. The food is wonderful and most of all the staff is so nice which adds to the pleasure. We enjoy going more each time. Keep up the good work!!!Special Features:
- What happened?Kent46123Dined on 8/19/2014Fantastic, delicious, authentic Brazilian charruscaria. Service was sub-par that night, though. Seated 20 minutes after reservation time, even though we arrived early. Later, another 20 minutes to pay the check, which came back to my table with my credit card but with someone else's bill. :-( Also, very cold draft at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a must!enderVIPDined on 8/19/2014Great experience. Definitely got to experience. The service is excellent and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent food. Service not too god - they tried hard but were obviously understaffed and/or disorganized. We've eaten at the one in Buckhead and know that Indy needs to improve their service.Special Features:
- We got exactly what we wanted!4gooddiningDined on 8/12/2014We had a special occasion that brought us to the restaurant and we were fully satisfied with the food and the service. It is a fun and different way of eating and trying many different meats.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceFood4ThoughtDined on 8/9/2014Had a fantastic time with a group of friends. We thoroughly enjoyed the food, service, and energetic atmosphere.Special Features:
- Always great food!JasonKDined on 8/8/2014This place is carnivore heaven! I also recommend the pineapple caiprihina at the front bar.Special Features:
- Great dinnerBgbJepDined on 8/8/2014Had a wonderful dinner with my family. The staff was amazing!!! The food was fabulous!!! We will be back!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceKrisDined on 8/7/2014Treated like royalty and the cuts of meat are always perfect! The salad bar is the best around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smaller version of ChicagofossilloverDined on 7/30/2014We have dined in the Fogo de Chao in Chicago and in NYC. The one in Indy is a smaller version of Chicago. There are not as many meat selections, but the ones that they have are my favorites anyway. We found the service to be impeccable and the food very good. Both my husband and I did experience a mild stomach upset after dining at the Indianapolis restaurant. I cannot be certain of exactly what caused it, but there you have it.Special Features:
- We Love Fogo!RjProductionsDined on 7/28/2014Fogo is are go-to for any holiday/birthday/anniversary! My wife and I love it and will continue to go back. Amazing food and the service has always been exemplary for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!docbgreenDined on 7/26/2014I love Fogo. The food is amazing, and service was pretty quick! Just be sure to have a reservation and bring an appetite!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant in IndianapolisjohnandjoDined on 7/19/2014Fogo de Chao is amazing. The cuts of meats are vast and taste is exceptional. The salad bar is always a treat. One of our favorite things about Fogo is the service. Every employee is courteous and extremely helpfulSpecial Features:
- Awesome!luv2chaoDined on 7/19/2014Absolutely loved my experience at Fogo De Chao! Everything was 5star even the service! Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a nice romantic dinner outing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Special Occasion LocationKellygirlDined on 7/12/2014Took my farther for his 70th birthday party to Fogo de Chao, and it was a huge success! He loves buffet and anything grilled, so the salad bar / hot bar with 45 options and the 12 different grilled meats was perfect, and am gluten free foodie who loves to be served at the table, so the Brazilian Gauchos catering to our every need and coming back repeatedly bringing us new surprises made me smile (along with the rest of our family). I knew it was a hit when he laughed out loud and held the 'stop service' card in front of his face and said "I'm stuffed - can we come back again next year?" Great food, great service, great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun--and Wonderful FoodBARSTLVIPDined on 7/5/2014The fun is in having many cuts of meat coming to your table to be carved to you request. But that wouldn't be more than a gimmick if the food were not outstanding, and, in my experience, it is. The meat is wonderful, the sides (especially the fried banana) are wonderful, and the preliminary salad bar in wonderful. The place is lively, but quiet enough to hear your companions. And the staff is efficient, not inclined to rush you, and very pleasant. I recommend it for a night out in Indianapolis! And have the Papaya Cream for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the splurgeralphandaliceDined on 7/4/2014We all its expensive but its so worth it! We even got our daughters to try different meats since they just were prepared so well! Great salad bad as well. We live the group serving staff...so you never wait for anything! Ive always personally been a fan of the plantains! Also great valet service. We ate there on the 4th, they pulled pur car up front and let us leave it there so we could have a front seat for fireworks and wouldnt have to repark!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningMapscDined on 7/4/2014It was my birthday's daugther and she wanted to have dinner here. It was a wonderful time. Family had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Our fav place to dine!!! I just started dining there within the last year. We have been several times. Luv it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and meatSweetMeatDined on 6/27/2014The servers are great. Don't forget there are no free refills on pop. Save your appetite for all of the delicious food...and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but last time was betterTandTMooseDined on 6/21/2014We came for our anniversary b/c we liked it so much the first time. They didn't bring around all the things on the menu. A lot of steak, but never the sausage or pork loin. We ordered the beef ribs (they take extra time) but it seemed like they took forever. A Manager finally told us they take 20 minutes. They weren't that great - fatty - so the wait was not worth it. The chicken wrapped in bacon was very dry. The beef was very good - top and bottom sirloin both very tender. The filet was out of this world - as good as in any restaurant I have eaten at. The servers and staff who work here work very hard and are extremely pleasant. They make you feel very welcome. They also gave us a nice table, away from the more active area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indy's Most Unique Steakhouse!JAYatJWIndyVIPDined on 6/21/2014From service to salad bar, steaks to dessert, Fogo de Chao is one of the best steakhouses in Indianapolis. Their wonderful salad bar is a meal in itself, but don't pass up the various cuts of meat. One of my favorites is the Lombo!Special Features:
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/18/2014Took two friends who had never been to Fogo before. Overall very good. I was very disappointed in the pork ribs - extremely dry. It's also a bit pathetic that you drop 48.50 on dinner and they don't cover parking but I suppose they figure if the customer has that kind of money for food, $8 plus tip to park is just not a big deal.
- A Very Welcome Surprise!IRugirDined on 6/17/2014We'd never been to a Brazilian Restaurant before; but we had high hopes. My wife and I were looking to be "Wowed". Many restaurants in town have failed to deliver good cuisine; not "Fogo De Chao"! This dining experience was "a very welcome surprise", to say the least. We hope to return for another visit very soon....Magnífico!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ? Don't know what this meansfogofansDined on 6/16/2014The restaurant and food are wonderful. It is a true dining experience. We have recommended it to all our friends. Since we live in Columbus and we are in our early 70's, we just don't get to Indy much anymore--except to go to Fogo de Chao :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealICE2020Dined on 6/14/2014this is a must try if your In INDY... sooo much food and its all great!!!!!!! from the service to the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!ShackpapaDined on 6/13/2014Great Brazillian style restaurant. Staff provides great service and demonstrates superior knowledge of their fare. Outstanding salad bar and the meats are excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnbelievableOrganist09Dined on 6/12/2014This place is so fantastic, the quality of the meats and preparation is seldom found, so well seasoned and juicy, always hot! The service is impeccable with everyone as friendly as they come, willing to go above and beyond for you. The salad bar has such wonderful things on it to get a great start to your meal. The ambiance of the place is so elegant and remarkably quiet, it's such a treat versus the noisy hustle and bustle of other places. Over all if you haven't been here, I highly recommend it for a exquisite evening of dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.