Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Chicago
661 N. LaSalle Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fogodechao.com/
- Phone: 3129329330
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse, South American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Chicago
Fogo de Chão® (fo-go dèe shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, Fogo® began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (97)good for groups (84)fit for foodies (39)hot spot (29)romantic (26)notable wine list (25)great for lunch (23)kid-friendly (18)neighborhood gem (14)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- WAAAAY over-pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014The food was fantastic if you are super hungry for meat. Service was great for this style dining. The ambiance sounded a lot more romantic online than in actuality, it's better for a big group of very very hungry people. Worst part was the price, totally not worth the $200 for a couple for what it offers.
- you must love meat!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014My husband had dined here before with business associates and he wanted to take me. We got all dressed up and well...it was not what i expected. I felt way overdressed to begin with. To be fair with this review, I am not a big meat eater. It is all about meat!!! and a lot of it!!! I felt there should be more hot vegetables on the table for those of us that might light a little meat but loves hot vegetables. I would not return to any restaurant of this nature. I felt like it was chaotic and loud. I thought it would be fine dining and it was not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2014Service and meat service was slow and not the usual service we have come to expectSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DinnerMariMarDined on 9/20/2014This restaurant was everything I expected. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- customer service perfectionAngelaDined on 9/16/2014I have a plant-based diet, but wanted the others in my party (meat eaters) to experience this place...plus, their salad bar is epic! I let the waiter know my dietary standards, and the manager, Drew Bekius, came to our table and walked me around the salad bar, letting me know what items were fully plant-based (no dairy or meat)--such a fantastic gesture. There were plenty of options, and I'm pretty sure I left with a more satisfied tummy than the carnivores in my party! thanks so much for such awesome customer service!!!Special Features:
- Excellent!BethVIPDined on 9/13/2014Definitely worth the price, though the drinks were seriously over priced. Excellent service and food. Loved the salad bar.Special Features:
- Great placeSimsimDined on 9/13/2014Went for a double date and it was wonderful. It was loud but not too loud and all the waitrons were really nice. The food tasted fantastic and all of us would love to come back some time soon. Defiantly worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jimmyceeDined on 9/13/2014Had a great time. Food was fantastic, especially the carne! Salad bar had just about every item you can think of. The beets were amazing. Just don't make the mistake of filling up on the salad bar. Service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best deal everGamingtildawnDined on 9/13/2014Fogo was delicious. 16 cuts of meat to choose from and an amazing salad bar. The service is great, very attentive whether it is 2 people or 10. Recommend highly if you want many choices, fun place and some of the best steak in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EtiennebirneDined on 9/12/2014Even though the meat and salad bar where fine, they have not enough service staff to accommodate a full house nicely. I dined there on a Friday night, it was crowded, however I don't care for waiters running around to try to keep up with demand. It was way too hectic to be an enjoyable dinner. If I spend that much, I want enjoyable.
- best serviceOhiotravelerDined on 9/12/2014From the time you walk in and are seated until you finish a great meal and depart the wait staff and management care for you like they are happy to serve you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A unique dining experience...CaliforniaOneDined on 8/28/2014All of my quests had a great time. Food was excellent. A very unique place to celebrate a birthday. The chocolate cake and key lime pie (served with HBD message and a candle) was outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/27/2014Everyone is nice. They make sure we get the meats we wanted, and they remembered our preferences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimessanderlDined on 8/23/2014I had an amazing time as usual. Food was good (if you're a true carnivore) and the service was even better. Only thing that bothered me a bit this time was obtaining split checks. It took nearly 35 min + at least 5 servers to get this taken care of.Special Features:
- Saad bar not as goodfoodieinChicagoDined on 8/22/2014The salad bar does not seem as good. The salmon which used to be house smoked and delicious is now equal to what can be bought at Sam's of Costco. Bacon on the bar was burnt. Seems to have less items on salad bar, more filler type foods. As usual the meats were fabulous.Special Features:
- HerbVIPDined on 8/20/2014I enjoy this place everytime. Service n food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast foodXoxfoodDined on 8/16/2014The food is great. The atmosphere is fast pace. Similar to playing a food game trying to catch the servers to recieved the meat of your choice. There was eight guest to our dinner part. I recommend a round table. Our party was place at a straight square table. We did not have enough arm room. When the servers came around, guest had to lean to my right or left for them to place the meat on the table for cutting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brazilian ExperiencegabyDined on 8/15/2014Every time we come to Chicago we go to Fogo de Chão. As Brazilians we love to eat Churrasco and this is one of the best restaurants that serve this type of food abroad. Great service and amazing beef cuts. Even if you are not Brazilian you should try!Special Features:
- The best rodizzio EVER!OlgaDined on 8/15/2014Everyone works in sync here, the meat is fantastic, the waiters,the manager and the hostess are amazing! You can ask everybody for everything and they expedite inmidiately. The side dishes especially the sweet plantains are so delicious. The salad bar is very good. The warm cheese bread is deadly, you can't stop eating it. It's the best experience ever in a restaurant with great ambiance and really, really good service. If you're a meat lover this is the place to go, every single cut is cooked to perfection, no mater what your preferences are. The Gaucho or chef who is cooking the meat is very kind, smiling and you can see they love what they are doing. To book in advance is highly recommended.Special Features:
- Dinner DatePeggyDined on 8/15/2014It wasn't my first visit, however, the service this time wasn't as prompt as before. If a dissatisfaction is brought to someone's attention it will be corrected with an apology. I will return again!!!Special Features:
- Overwrked genre?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014Maybe the no ekty has wirn off since Fogo arrived, along with others, from Brazil. While the food quality remains high, service has deteriorated, and the place is in need for some new cuts of meat so fans can be surprised on occasion.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Watch out for what you order, they start offering you addtnl dishes and next thing you know youre getting a expensive bill
- Reservation not honored -waitedQueenDined on 8/10/2014They made us wait not honoring Rez. Server was great but could not get picania meat and felt used
- OutstandingEdgarDined on 8/9/2014I have never eaten at a restaurant where the customer service was impeccable and the food was simply fantastic. Everything was phenomenal: from the main entree, to the salad bar, to the drinks, to the friendly customer service. Drink to get: superfruit lemonade. I give this restaurant a 5/5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Meal - for any occasionTMLSWDined on 8/9/2014This was our first time and we didn't know what to expect; but by the end of the meal, it had surpassed all our expectations. To start, the salad bar is a meal in itself. The chicken salad was moist and full of flavor, the fixings for caprese salad was a great find and selections were fresh and bountiful. The main course - sea salt encrusted bottom round and bacon wrapped chicken breast were two of our favorites but every piece of meat was great- tender and seasoned to perfection. Our table ranged from medium rare to well done and our servers always made sure we had exactly what we wanted. As excellent as the food was, the service is what stands out in my mind. I have never had such great service and can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great food, but too crowdedJmanDined on 8/9/2014Great food, but too crowded. Waiters and people kept bumping into us. Take a few tables out and be a much better experience... Ate there many times and never had this problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect experience.AngieDined on 8/3/2014The food was delicious and the service was scary perfect. I love that the restaurant's employees all work as team. This is what makes the service phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SergiomaDined on 8/2/2014The Pichana is the best, and you shouldn't skip the lemonade it has a unique tasteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time at Fogo de ChaoEliaDined on 8/2/2014Had an amazing time celebrating my 13th year anniversary. The waiters were very helpful and made it a comfortable environment. The gauchos were very attentive with our preferences. My husband enjoyed the beer and tequila selection which is very high quality. Had a great time and would love to return.Special Features:
- CarefulVIPDined on 8/2/2014We were a party of 7 and all of us were fully aware of how much we would be spending for the wonderful meal. The only problem we had was the "little speciality cocktails" offered. They were offered shortly after we order regular cocktails and no one told us the cost. The "little cocktails" were somewhat pushed on us. The price for the "little cocktails" was too, too much. Good thing none of went for the shrimp cocktail despite the pressure to try them. Who knows what that would have cost. The food was good and we will return as a group or individual couples. But we will be aware of the "little speciality cocktails" and shrimp cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice BBQKip1110Dined on 8/1/2014Good service and food, I would like to go this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Went early at 5:30 on Friday night and the noise level was great. However, as the restaurant become fuller the level increased dramaticaally. Hard to hear the conversation at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Yum!MikebVIPDined on 7/28/2014Really enjoyed the service and the food. Special shout out to the managers who made it a point to help my wife understand what was gluten free and what wasn't!!!
- Excellent Brazilian ExperiencePchet33Dined on 7/24/2014The Red/Green cards on the table feels like a game but truly it is an awesome way to keep the excellent food coming. The 16 different meats, salad bar and staple sides that are presented at your table leads to a great dining experience. The Chefs, kitchen staff and servers do a great job to ensure your time spent in the restaurant is a taste bud filled delight. The lime-ade is a delicious substitute if alcohol is not your thing. The wine list and bar is stock well. Overall the experience is nice, a little pricey but great for a special event in your life.Special Features:
- TastyAlainaVIPDined on 7/22/2014Best lamb chops ever! Be ready to be incredibly stuffed, but with really good meat!Special Features:
- Great food and servingKip1110Dined on 7/19/2014Food are wonderful and great serving. I really like it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentdrlallyVIPDined on 7/19/2014Meat brought freshly done right off the spit. Very attentive staff. Great meal.Special Features:
- Try it!EatingOutDined on 7/18/2014I had dinner here 2 nights in a row, a Friday and a Saturday. We were seated within a few minutes of our reservation. The food and service are great. I highly recommend this place for a special occasion. The dining experience is original, and informal for a steakhouse, no pretentiousness. Both nights a manager made a point to stop by our table to survey what needed to be replenished, and asked whether we wanted any thing specifically. When we did have some requests, we were served almost instantly. The crowd on both nights was varied, some couples on dates, some families, tourists, and some large parties. I had heard very good things about Fogo de Chao, and they were all true.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was alrightKriver12Dined on 7/17/2014I went to Fog De Chao with high expectations. I've been to a similar Brazilian Steak house a few times before but heard Fogo was much better. What I found was the "salad" bar had a lot less offerings of food. Not only that, the food the gouchos bring to the table, although very good, there was no seafood at all. This was also in abundance at the other restaurant. And to top it off, the price at Fogo was $2.00 more. Not at all what I expected.Special Features:
- Go with an empty stomach!HungryhipposDined on 7/11/2014Had never been before. Had no idea what to expect. Service is lightning fast and servers were extremely friendly, efficient, helpful, polite and attentive. Salad bar is crazy in terms of selection. The meat is outstanding in quality and quantity. My wife and I were literally stuffed to the gills. I wish I had known what we were in for, as I would have fasted for a several days. The wine list has great breadth in quality and price. The restaurant is busy and fast-paced. This is not the place to go to linger over a quiet and romantic meal. We were in and out in less than an hour. But if there with a group, it's a fast and simple way to make sure everyone gets what they want. Overall, this was an oustanding find, given the caveats above.Special Features: