Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Chicago
661 N. LaSalle Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fogodechao.com/
- Phone: (312) 932-9330
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse, South American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Chicago
Fogo de Chão® (fo-go dèe shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, Fogo® began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)good for groups (87)fit for foodies (48)hot spot (28)notable wine list (22)romantic (21)great for lunch (16)kid-friendly (14)neighborhood gem (10)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- AMJFAMJFDined on 11/21/2014I would highly recommend this restaurant to a friend. Very good food and service. This was our third visit there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent quality food and serviceLynnDined on 11/15/2014Consistently flavorul food, energetic/vibrant atmosphere; not inexpensive, but always worth it for a special occasion. Staff is always attentive, and nobody EVER leaves hungry (shame on you if you do !0) - good value in spite of price pointSpecial Features:
- Great lunchYvonneVIPDined on 11/11/2014I went for lunch and was surrounded by tourists and business people. For $31, I got all of the meats (except seafood and shrimp) and access to the Harvest Bar. I strategized with my new favorite server Roberto and we decided that I should first focus on the meats. I got about six different meats - yum yum yum! I also enjoyed the sides that they kept bringing to my table: popover rolls, plantains, mashed potatoes, and polenta fries. The Harvest Bar wasn't as wonderful as I remember it from years ago; however, it still had great options. Combined with my two glasses of wine, I thoroughly enjoyed lunch today!Special Features:
- Brazilian at it's best!ButterDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I chose this restaurant for the second night of our anniversary weekend. We have enjoyed other Brazilian Steak house restaurants so we thought let's roll with it while in Chicago. Well needless to say we were not disappointed. The salad bar was amazing (don't fill up too much) great cheeses, and sides. But the main event is obviously the meat. My favorite was the Ribeye, while my wife fell in love with the sirloin. I arranged for a special dessert to celebrate our anniversary and we were not disappointed. They brought our cheesecake with Happy Anniversary on the plate as a special surprise. We were so full we took our dessert back to the room to go with our bottle of champagne.Special Features:
- 2 Thumbs Up!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014My wife and I went on our anniversary and the food exceeds all expectations! The service there was great and our waiter Jarvis was a cool laid back fellow. We will definitely be going back soon. Top choice, will not be disappointed if you go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!JotzeDined on 11/7/2014Great service + great food == great time = coming back soon Family and friends really need to come and enjoy an amazing taste of BrazilSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious foodprof1foodieVIPDined on 11/7/2014This restaurant is terrific. Outstanding service, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - a little priceyRonfromBallwinDined on 11/4/2014Dinner was great. Arrive early if you don't want to get caught up in the crowds. 5:30 is a great time to get there where it's not too busy. By the time we left at 7:00pm we could hardly get out the door due to all of the people waiting for tables. Everything tasted fantastic and the service was the best.Special Features:
- Wait time was brutalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014Had to wait 1 hour past reservation time despite arriving 1/2 hour earlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a PleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/3/2014Always excellent value. Meat was fantastic but be prepared for overly salted and seasoned meat if you have not been exposed to this fare before. Salad bar used to be bigger and a tad better or perhaps I'm mixing up Chicago to Philly. Awesome nonetheless. It was first time for my colleague so his socks were blown off. During busy times the venue is very noisy- hard to have a discussion. Service outstanding as usual - don't change!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PerfectHeim4Dined on 11/2/2014You can never have a bad meal here. (Well, I guess unless your a vegetarian.) our family eats here pretty regularly and it's absolutely consistently perfect. From the food to the service....perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We took friends for their first timLovesDessertDined on 11/1/2014We took friends for their first time. The food was awesome. We felt that one of our servers was a bit grouchy and the upsell was blatant. Too pushy.Special Features:
- Service a declineHQ532VIPDined on 11/1/2014Fogo used to be one of my favorites, I think the number of beef servers has drastlically been reduced thus the reason for the decline in serveice quality and performance.
- Perfectly cooked food...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Excellent choice of a restaurant for our anniversary date night! All the meats were cooked to perfection. The salad bar was clean and plentiful and the staff was very knowledgeable as well as cheerful. They were very attentive to our table and kept our side dishes stocked. Paying $50+ per person just for the meats can be considered pricey, but you have to remember the quality of the food and.... it is downtown. The only reason I dropped a star was due to the lack of sausages that night. No one cane to our table with the sausage skewers even though it was on the menu. Drinks are great but extremely pricey. $13.00 for a mixed drink in a rocks glass 3/4 full of ice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE...JFLORESDined on 10/29/2014Very disappointed. I have not been there in a while, let say 2 years......it has changed an not for good. Food now is simply good...that´s it, service is not what used to be....I can see the profile of the people taking care of the customers is now totally different. This was our last time in Fogo da Chao.Special Features:
- always awesomeCaryDined on 10/27/2014It is always an awesome experience at Fogo de Chao! I just wish the tables were slightly larger. The 4 of us were jostling plates all night to fit everything in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Celiacs but $$$AngieVIPDined on 10/26/2014My kids love this very busy place - they love the constant attention and choices of food. We love that it's very Celiac-friendly and we barely have to worry about gluten at all (everything is GF except some bread at the salad bar and the chicken legs - even the rolls they bring to your table are GF). It's really too much food, though - a lot of different steak and chicken, sometimes super salty, and pretty crazy-expensive. Would never, ever go for a date, as there's too much waiter activity and way too much noise, but for the kids' birthdays it's a "fancy" GF treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just steakNotJustSteakDined on 10/25/2014While the steak/meats are delicious, the "salad bar" redefines what a salad bar is. Huge assortment of high quality and extremely nutritious foods to complement the steak or to eat on its own if you are a vegetarian.Special Features:
- Long waitAlyTDined on 10/25/2014We booked an 8pm for a birthday... Unfortunately, we were told that the restaurant was running behind by 15 min. By the time we were seated it was close to 9. Also, while the servers and food are great, the hostesses are borderline hostile here. We checked many times on our reservation, explained that we didn't walk in - but once you arrive and check in, reservation or no - it's one list. Everyone waits the same amount of time. Just a shame.Special Features:
- EXCELLENTCrichoDined on 10/24/2014The food is amazing the place is beautifull there are more than 10 different meats with great side dishes to satisfy everyone a would definitely recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for dinnercatwizVIPDined on 10/20/2014Nothing like having hunky men serve you steak on a big knife! Salad bar is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014Although I booked the reservation through Open Table over a week in advance, we waited over 40 minutes to get seated. Other than a feeble "I'm sorry" from the hostess, no one else seemed to care. The franchise of Fogo in Washington,DC is much better. I doubt we will be going back to this one through Open Table in the near future!Special Features:
- Amazing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Fogo De Chao lived up to all of my expectations. I have to give a special thanks to the manager Drew Bekius and his staff for being so polite and accommodating when we asked to change to a bigger table. The staff was very professional and attentive during our entire visit. As always, the food was amazing and the servers recommendation for cocktails was absolutely perfect. We will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/5/2014I always enjoy Fogo, and enjoyed bringing my out of town Dad to his first churrascaria. He has always favored the traditional steakhouses in Chicago--Gibsons, Gene and Georgetti, etc. But his new favorite is by far Fogo. He cannot wait to bring my Mom next visit. The salad bar is beyond adequate, the meat selections are excellent in both choice and quality. And the team of servers, managers and all staff are among the best I've encountered. If you are a carnivore that wants a nice evening, you cannot go wrong with Fogo!
- Quick, good, priceyBeth217Dined on 10/4/2014When eating at Fogo de chao it is expensive - but for special occasions it is totally worth it! They have wonderful service that is quick - you see the entire staff helping one another - and the food - well the food is of course wonderful. Just make sure to come hungry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience.MacMcBlackDined on 10/3/2014I went last night with my girlfriend to celebrate two years together. We had a 7PM reservation, and were promptly seated once we arrived. From the moment we walked in, the staff were top notch. Everyone was extremely nice, anticipated potential needs ahead of time, and kept the meat flowing. We were sat in a smaller section that had maybe 8 tables total. The noise level wasn't anywhere near what I was expecting, based off of reading on here and Yelp-I thought it was going to be loud. Instead, it was remarkably moderate. Not exactly quiet, but I never had issues hearing my girlfriend. The food...yes. Come hungry. All of the meats that I had were amazing. I would not hesitate to go back.Special Features:
- above and beyongRandBDined on 9/30/2014The food was excellent, the ambience great for a group, but was aboove and beyong was the maitre d' hearing my wine order and recommending a bargain that was not obvious. On the menu. A much better drinking winr, at a lower price. Because they got a deal on the wine, they were giving their guests a better deal... very refreshing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WAAAAY over-pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014The food was fantastic if you are super hungry for meat. Service was great for this style dining. The ambiance sounded a lot more romantic online than in actuality, it's better for a big group of very very hungry people. Worst part was the price, totally not worth the $200 for a couple for what it offers.
- you must love meat!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014My husband had dined here before with business associates and he wanted to take me. We got all dressed up and well...it was not what i expected. I felt way overdressed to begin with. To be fair with this review, I am not a big meat eater. It is all about meat!!! and a lot of it!!! I felt there should be more hot vegetables on the table for those of us that might light a little meat but loves hot vegetables. I would not return to any restaurant of this nature. I felt like it was chaotic and loud. I thought it would be fine dining and it was not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2014Service and meat service was slow and not the usual service we have come to expectSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DinnerMariMarDined on 9/20/2014This restaurant was everything I expected. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- customer service perfectionAngelaDined on 9/16/2014I have a plant-based diet, but wanted the others in my party (meat eaters) to experience this place...plus, their salad bar is epic! I let the waiter know my dietary standards, and the manager, Drew Bekius, came to our table and walked me around the salad bar, letting me know what items were fully plant-based (no dairy or meat)--such a fantastic gesture. There were plenty of options, and I'm pretty sure I left with a more satisfied tummy than the carnivores in my party! thanks so much for such awesome customer service!!!Special Features:
- Excellent!BethVIPDined on 9/13/2014Definitely worth the price, though the drinks were seriously over priced. Excellent service and food. Loved the salad bar.Special Features:
- Great placeSimsimDined on 9/13/2014Went for a double date and it was wonderful. It was loud but not too loud and all the waitrons were really nice. The food tasted fantastic and all of us would love to come back some time soon. Defiantly worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jimmyceeDined on 9/13/2014Had a great time. Food was fantastic, especially the carne! Salad bar had just about every item you can think of. The beets were amazing. Just don't make the mistake of filling up on the salad bar. Service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best deal everGamingtildawnDined on 9/13/2014Fogo was delicious. 16 cuts of meat to choose from and an amazing salad bar. The service is great, very attentive whether it is 2 people or 10. Recommend highly if you want many choices, fun place and some of the best steak in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EtiennebirneDined on 9/12/2014Even though the meat and salad bar where fine, they have not enough service staff to accommodate a full house nicely. I dined there on a Friday night, it was crowded, however I don't care for waiters running around to try to keep up with demand. It was way too hectic to be an enjoyable dinner. If I spend that much, I want enjoyable.
- best serviceOhiotravelerDined on 9/12/2014From the time you walk in and are seated until you finish a great meal and depart the wait staff and management care for you like they are happy to serve you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A unique dining experience...CaliforniaOneDined on 8/28/2014All of my quests had a great time. Food was excellent. A very unique place to celebrate a birthday. The chocolate cake and key lime pie (served with HBD message and a candle) was outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/27/2014Everyone is nice. They make sure we get the meats we wanted, and they remembered our preferences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.