Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Chicago
661 N. LaSalle Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fogodechao.com/
- Phone: 3129329330
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse, South American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Chicago
Fogo de Chão® (fo-go dèe shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, Fogo® began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)good for groups (80)fit for foodies (40)great for lunch (34)romantic (31)hot spot (31)notable wine list (25)kid-friendly (22)neighborhood gem (17)great for brunch (12)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- A unique dining experience...CaliforniaOneDined on 8/28/2014All of my quests had a great time. Food was excellent. A very unique place to celebrate a birthday. The chocolate cake and key lime pie (served with HBD message and a candle) was outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimessanderlDined on 8/23/2014I had an amazing time as usual. Food was good (if you're a true carnivore) and the service was even better. Only thing that bothered me a bit this time was obtaining split checks. It took nearly 35 min + at least 5 servers to get this taken care of.Special Features:
- Saad bar not as goodfoodieinChicagoDined on 8/22/2014The salad bar does not seem as good. The salmon which used to be house smoked and delicious is now equal to what can be bought at Sam's of Costco. Bacon on the bar was burnt. Seems to have less items on salad bar, more filler type foods. As usual the meats were fabulous.Special Features:
- HerbVIPDined on 8/20/2014I enjoy this place everytime. Service n food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast foodXoxfoodDined on 8/16/2014The food is great. The atmosphere is fast pace. Similar to playing a food game trying to catch the servers to recieved the meat of your choice. There was eight guest to our dinner part. I recommend a round table. Our party was place at a straight square table. We did not have enough arm room. When the servers came around, guest had to lean to my right or left for them to place the meat on the table for cutting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brazilian ExperiencegabyDined on 8/15/2014Every time we come to Chicago we go to Fogo de Chão. As Brazilians we love to eat Churrasco and this is one of the best restaurants that serve this type of food abroad. Great service and amazing beef cuts. Even if you are not Brazilian you should try!Special Features:
- The best rodizzio EVER!OlgaDined on 8/15/2014Everyone works in sync here, the meat is fantastic, the waiters,the manager and the hostess are amazing! You can ask everybody for everything and they expedite inmidiately. The side dishes especially the sweet plantains are so delicious. The salad bar is very good. The warm cheese bread is deadly, you can't stop eating it. It's the best experience ever in a restaurant with great ambiance and really, really good service. If you're a meat lover this is the place to go, every single cut is cooked to perfection, no mater what your preferences are. The Gaucho or chef who is cooking the meat is very kind, smiling and you can see they love what they are doing. To book in advance is highly recommended.Special Features:
- Dinner DatePeggyDined on 8/15/2014It wasn't my first visit, however, the service this time wasn't as prompt as before. If a dissatisfaction is brought to someone's attention it will be corrected with an apology. I will return again!!!Special Features:
- Overwrked genre?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014Maybe the no ekty has wirn off since Fogo arrived, along with others, from Brazil. While the food quality remains high, service has deteriorated, and the place is in need for some new cuts of meat so fans can be surprised on occasion.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Watch out for what you order, they start offering you addtnl dishes and next thing you know youre getting a expensive bill
- Reservation not honored -waitedQueenDined on 8/10/2014They made us wait not honoring Rez. Server was great but could not get picania meat and felt used
- OutstandingEdgarDined on 8/9/2014I have never eaten at a restaurant where the customer service was impeccable and the food was simply fantastic. Everything was phenomenal: from the main entree, to the salad bar, to the drinks, to the friendly customer service. Drink to get: superfruit lemonade. I give this restaurant a 5/5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Meal - for any occasionTMLSWDined on 8/9/2014This was our first time and we didn't know what to expect; but by the end of the meal, it had surpassed all our expectations. To start, the salad bar is a meal in itself. The chicken salad was moist and full of flavor, the fixings for caprese salad was a great find and selections were fresh and bountiful. The main course - sea salt encrusted bottom round and bacon wrapped chicken breast were two of our favorites but every piece of meat was great- tender and seasoned to perfection. Our table ranged from medium rare to well done and our servers always made sure we had exactly what we wanted. As excellent as the food was, the service is what stands out in my mind. I have never had such great service and can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great food, but too crowdedJmanDined on 8/9/2014Great food, but too crowded. Waiters and people kept bumping into us. Take a few tables out and be a much better experience... Ate there many times and never had this problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect experience.AngieDined on 8/3/2014The food was delicious and the service was scary perfect. I love that the restaurant's employees all work as team. This is what makes the service phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SergiomaDined on 8/2/2014The Pichana is the best, and you shouldn't skip the lemonade it has a unique tasteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time at Fogo de ChaoEliaDined on 8/2/2014Had an amazing time celebrating my 13th year anniversary. The waiters were very helpful and made it a comfortable environment. The gauchos were very attentive with our preferences. My husband enjoyed the beer and tequila selection which is very high quality. Had a great time and would love to return.Special Features:
- CarefulDined on 8/2/2014We were a party of 7 and all of us were fully aware of how much we would be spending for the wonderful meal. The only problem we had was the "little speciality cocktails" offered. They were offered shortly after we order regular cocktails and no one told us the cost. The "little cocktails" were somewhat pushed on us. The price for the "little cocktails" was too, too much. Good thing none of went for the shrimp cocktail despite the pressure to try them. Who knows what that would have cost. The food was good and we will return as a group or individual couples. But we will be aware of the "little speciality cocktails" and shrimp cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice BBQKip1110Dined on 8/1/2014Good service and food, I would like to go this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Went early at 5:30 on Friday night and the noise level was great. However, as the restaurant become fuller the level increased dramaticaally. Hard to hear the conversation at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Yum!MikebVIPDined on 7/28/2014Really enjoyed the service and the food. Special shout out to the managers who made it a point to help my wife understand what was gluten free and what wasn't!!!
- Excellent Brazilian ExperiencePchet33Dined on 7/24/2014The Red/Green cards on the table feels like a game but truly it is an awesome way to keep the excellent food coming. The 16 different meats, salad bar and staple sides that are presented at your table leads to a great dining experience. The Chefs, kitchen staff and servers do a great job to ensure your time spent in the restaurant is a taste bud filled delight. The lime-ade is a delicious substitute if alcohol is not your thing. The wine list and bar is stock well. Overall the experience is nice, a little pricey but great for a special event in your life.Special Features:
- TastyAlainaVIPDined on 7/22/2014Best lamb chops ever! Be ready to be incredibly stuffed, but with really good meat!Special Features:
- Great food and servingKip1110Dined on 7/19/2014Food are wonderful and great serving. I really like it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentdrlallyVIPDined on 7/19/2014Meat brought freshly done right off the spit. Very attentive staff. Great meal.Special Features:
- Try it!EatingOutDined on 7/18/2014I had dinner here 2 nights in a row, a Friday and a Saturday. We were seated within a few minutes of our reservation. The food and service are great. I highly recommend this place for a special occasion. The dining experience is original, and informal for a steakhouse, no pretentiousness. Both nights a manager made a point to stop by our table to survey what needed to be replenished, and asked whether we wanted any thing specifically. When we did have some requests, we were served almost instantly. The crowd on both nights was varied, some couples on dates, some families, tourists, and some large parties. I had heard very good things about Fogo de Chao, and they were all true.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was alrightKriver12Dined on 7/17/2014I went to Fog De Chao with high expectations. I've been to a similar Brazilian Steak house a few times before but heard Fogo was much better. What I found was the "salad" bar had a lot less offerings of food. Not only that, the food the gouchos bring to the table, although very good, there was no seafood at all. This was also in abundance at the other restaurant. And to top it off, the price at Fogo was $2.00 more. Not at all what I expected.Special Features:
- Go with an empty stomach!HungryhipposDined on 7/11/2014Had never been before. Had no idea what to expect. Service is lightning fast and servers were extremely friendly, efficient, helpful, polite and attentive. Salad bar is crazy in terms of selection. The meat is outstanding in quality and quantity. My wife and I were literally stuffed to the gills. I wish I had known what we were in for, as I would have fasted for a several days. The wine list has great breadth in quality and price. The restaurant is busy and fast-paced. This is not the place to go to linger over a quiet and romantic meal. We were in and out in less than an hour. But if there with a group, it's a fast and simple way to make sure everyone gets what they want. Overall, this was an oustanding find, given the caveats above.Special Features:
- Excellent.NA11VIPDined on 7/5/2014Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent.
- rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2014Hostess didn't have our open table reservation but was still able to seat us Friendly and attentive servers- but felt extremely rushed liked they wanted to flip the table. Salad station had tasty options. We didn't get fresh plates for our meat course and was expecting more variety in the meat dishes. They also picked up people's plates before everyone else was done with that course I had expressed it was my sister's birthday- all the desserts were delivered-including what she ordered first- then they brought a piece of cake with a candle - seemingly an after thought. So overall everything was good but not exceptionalSpecial Features:
- wonderful tim great dinningGawt2869Dined on 6/28/2014Some of the people with us had never dined there and it was a new and wonderful dinning experience for themSpecial Features:
- Service is top notchUrbanfoodieDined on 6/22/2014The meats were delicious, well seasoned and cooked to perfection. From the salad bar to the unlimited sides, the food and service was number one in my book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for Splurge OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/21/2014Wait staff and manager very friendly and helpful. Had no issues getting preferred cuts of meat as needed. Meat was excellent. We liked their specialty "C-cut" top sirloin, filet mignon, bottom sirloin the best. Salad bar is outstanding. Many fresh and unusual items. Need not be a carnivore to enjoy (although I am and am proud of it!). There are fish entrees and a salad-bar only options. Pricey but worth it for a splurge occasion.Special Features:
- Great FoodpintsizeDined on 6/19/2014I love this place and over the years it has stayed amazing. I wanted to go here for my 23rd birthday and I was not disappointed. It was perfect becuase even though it is a Brazilian Steakhouse they have an awesome Salad bar as one of my friends was a Vegetarian. Service was fantastic except for a little slow on the drinks at times but either way it was a great birthday and I can't wait for another special occasion to go again!Special Features:
- Go to Zed451 insteadchifoodsceneroxVIPDined on 6/18/2014We were unimpressed by the meat or the drinks (we had caipirinhas to keep the experiences authentically Mexican). The only/best option was the filet. Either save yourself the calories by going and getting a real steak at one of the Chicago steakhouses or go to Zed451 for the Brazilian steakhouse option.
- All around amazing experiencestuffed2burstingDined on 6/13/2014This place is amazing. The selection is huge and I have never had a single piece of food there that I didn't love. Make sure to only have a little of each dish and to pace yourself.Special Features:
- The food is phenomenal!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014I love most everything. The food was outstanding. The atmosphere was appealing. My server was pretty good. I must say that the Assistant Manager, Paul Ritchie made the experience all the more memorable. He made sure our special occasion was a great experience. The only dissapointment we experienced was slow service for the meat coming to our table. To which Mr. Ritchie did more than his best to make sure that we were taken care of in a timely manor. Please advise your servers that all of their guest are equally special and not to overlook anyone. But, Mr. Ritchie, is maticulous and a good example of how people in Customer should conduct themselves. I will return to this establishment, partly due to his Customer Service and the food!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent StaffNurseMooDined on 6/11/2014This restaurant is very neat and clean with excellent wait staff. I would advise anyone to come here and it is also kid friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodnessTheSauceDined on 6/8/2014This was my first time at Fogo but had heard plenty. As expected, the food was DELICIOUS! You must come with an appetite. We were celebrating my mom's birthday, and the ambiance was great for a celebration and most age groups (I wouldn't recommend brining small children). The house special was my favorite, but all meats were prepared spectacularly and the gaucho's were pleased to adjust for you. My only complaint was that it was SO noisy it was difficult to hold a long conversation. Even so, still worth it!Special Features:
- Amazing ExperienceNemo01Dined on 6/3/2014It was our first time and my boyfriend's birthday. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The salad bar was great, lots of variety and went well with the meats. It was my first time really trying steak since normally the most I ever had was a bite from my boyfriend's steak. I really like the different selections. I liked that they also prepared the chicken breast for me without bacon since I don't eat pork. They also especially prepared things well done. The manager kept coming around to make sure we were satisfied and if we didn't spot something then it was sent over to us immediately. Since it was my boyfriend's birthday, I requested on open table to do something special. They comped us for the molten lava cake that I requested for him.Special Features: