Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Baltimore
600 E. Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fogodechao.com/
- Phone: 4105289292
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 3:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse, South American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Baltimore
Fogo de Chão® (fo-go dèe shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, Fogo® began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Inner Harbor ›
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (130)good for groups (104)fit for foodies (73)notable wine list (47)romantic (40)great for lunch (36)hot spot (30)kid-friendly (18)neighborhood gem (15)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (8)scenic view (5)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Kinda the perfect restaurantKerrbearDined on 8/17/2014Thank god I can't afford to eat at Fogo often or I'd be the size of a Buick. The salad bar alone is a gourmet experience, with a whole parmesan cheese to nibble from, asparagus spears... Then they give you all the delicious meat you can handle. Even the rolls on the table are the best I've ever had. My friend used to live in Costa Rica and said the plantains were just like the ones she ate there. Worth the money for a fancy night out.Special Features:
- Totally enjoyed will be back soon.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Great food and service. Had a wonderful time was there a lot longer than expected. Was having so much fun didn't realize how much time had passed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerLovegoodfood5Dined on 8/13/2014We love this restaurant and have fun bringing our kids and friends here to celebrate every special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come Hungry!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/12/2014Service was outstanding, food was superb.. Meat, meat, and more meat! You name it, they have it. Salad bar is outstanding and top shelf as well. Dont eat all day before you come!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This Place is AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014I cannot describe the experience. Everyone has to see it for themselves. This is my second visit to Fogo de Chao, and I was just as satisfied (even more so) than before. The salad bar is delicious! I love the variety. And, of course, the table-side meat carving is perfect. I always have to watch myself b/c I want to try everything, and that can be dangerous. I will say that I don't remember the spareribs when I visited before. That was the best addition! I had to keep from licking my fingers! Oh, and another nice addition was the roving bartender. I was really impressed! Your drink varieties come to you!!! Well done to all for another successful and tasty experience!Special Features:
- Great meal--horrible serviceJamesDined on 8/8/2014It's never good when you overhear waitrons making fun of patrons who "can't afford the regular menu" during restaurant week. It's a shame, because the rest of the experience was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!ostrdmDined on 8/8/2014The staff is amazing, far better than any place I have been to. Jair the general manager is very impressive and works hard along side his wait staff. The staff is very friendly, attentive and fast. I would highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fuel for an entire dayscuffleVIPDined on 8/8/2014We go here once a year, usually restaurant week when it's a bit more affordable. The salad bar is really lovely, but the focus is the grilled meats. We prefer the beef and lamb as we don't find the chicken and sausage to be anything unique and the pork tenderloin is overdone for my taste (I like a bit of pink in the middle and this is well done). The endless flow of food will stuff you like it's Thanksgiving twice over. Once we've eaten here, we don't need to eat for an entire day.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014Have been here before lots of times. Amazing place. Great food and service. However hosts are really rude and ignorant. They are face of the restaurant. They are first and last people customers see so they should be super friendly, pleasant and polite, not the opposite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip Fogo De ChoaDL350Dined on 8/6/2014If you are a smorgasbord type eater, this is a perfect place for you. If you are looking for great food, service and ambiance. this is not the place. All the meats tend to taste very similar. The sides were freezer food, it seems you just heat up and serve. Salad bar was average also. If you are looking for good food and not interested in meat after meat after meet, skip Fogo de Chao
- Not worth it!DatenightfoodieDined on 8/4/2014Primary server barely smiled, dismissive and walked away from the table while we were giving him our drink order. The food was fair, nothing exceptional. There are several great steak houses in Baltimore and the surrounding area with better cuts. The open seating with few barriers lends to a very loud atmosphere, not a great place for conversation or a date.
- FabulousRioDegenuineDined on 8/4/2014This is my new favorite eatery. Salad bar to die for and meats served every grilled way possible as well as top notch service. And, this will remain in my monthly budget allowance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat lovers havenAnnieDined on 8/2/2014Carnivores this is the place for you! If you like meat, then eat till your hearts content. Herbivorous this isn't for you. The salad bar is awesome, but the cost for just the salad bar is expensive. We went to celebrate my husbands birthday. My daughter and I are vegetarians and both my son and husband are meat eaters. Although they enjoyed the food, they did not enjoy the service. We sat in the back corner and was overlooked quite frequently. They provide these cardboard round disk that are green on one side and red on the other side. The only problem is the disk are flat, and hard to see. If you want more food, the green side is up. If the server doesn't see the disk then you are passed over. A different method would work better.Special Features:
- Good overall dining experienceCynthiaDined on 8/1/2014Was unaware of the limited restaurant week menu however the food was good. Very crowded so it was difficult to get individual attention but overall a good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining ExperienceKautiontapeDined on 8/1/2014Come hungry, because there are a huge number of delicious meats that you'll want to try. The service is incredible, and you'll hardly find time where you are sitting without food on your plate. The second you are seated, you're ready to fill a plate with selections from their salad bar. There are quite a lot of selections, even outside of the traditional greens and meat. There are even some more "exotic" sides they deliver which you don't tend to find elsewhere. The meats are well prepared, and the system for delivering more food means you won't be interrupted during conversation.Special Features:
- MEATOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014I am told that there was a substantial salad bar; however, I did not waste my time because there is all the meat that you care to eat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/18/2014Service and food were both fantastic throughout the meal, however it took 20 minutes to get the check and 20 more minutes for the check to be processed, which left a sour taste in our mouths. Manager cut the drink bill in half which more than made up for the inconvenience.Special Features:
- A carnivors dreamMimiDined on 7/15/2014Although there is no way that the average person could eat enough food to make this restaurant worth the expense, the quality of the food is excellent & the service attentive to every need. Considering that we had 3 children (who because of their age ate free) there was value in this restaurant. The salad bar was wonderful & we were prewarned not to fill up on it. That was an excellent recommendation since the continuous parade of meat that came to our table was overwhelming. The garlic steak & filet were incredible but I would pass on the ribs next time. My one complaint would be that I felt that with so many people at our table in various stages of red/green, there was little time in between being offered food to relax and enjoy.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Can't ask for more than this. All the food you want, great wine, delicious desserts. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Meat eaters extravaganzaerickezmanDined on 7/12/2014I have had better Brazilian steak house before. This place is no Braza( another kind of Brazilian steak house) but well worth a visit. The salad/app bar was adequate I have seen better but I was there for MEAT! All the meat was good beware if you are not the medium to well done person because most everything is MR. The leg lamb was OK I wish the lamb chop was more on the MR side but it was tasty. The chicken, pork was ok, the pork with crusted parm was good and full of flavor. The service was very good and the meat kept coming we were skipped a little because our seat was in the corner but I would tell them what I wanted back and someone would show up with it in a min or so. At least do it once in your life if you just want to feast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTillmoore2014VIPDined on 7/10/2014The service and the food are both outstanding! The selection of meats were just fabulous! Fresh and hot!!! And the salad bar was extremely fresh delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Few Outstanding VenuesteddybeartwoVIPDined on 7/10/2014I know of no other restaraunt where food, service and ambiance all rate outstanding.No other restaurant offers what they offer. Price is also reasonable.Special Features:
- Suprise birthday dinnerDash4dinnerDined on 7/4/2014My family suprised me with my birthday dinner in Baltimore location in July4 th, the food was delicious and plentiful! My kids enjoyed the whole experience and although a little expensive it was worthy for a special day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salad meats mouth!DazzledDinerDined on 7/4/2014Fogo de Choao is always great but the one in Baltimore seems to be a little cut above the others. The salad bar is very fresh; don't miss the salmon if they can keep it on the bar long enough, it goes quickly. The meat selection is not only variety but very delicious. I would recommend this as the place to dine.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014Absolutely delicious! Make sure you are hungry when you arrive. There is so much food to try! Love the idea of being able to try a little bit of everything. Although very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MattDined on 7/1/2014As always unbelievable service! Fresh salad bar and tender seasoned cuts of meats!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lamb!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014Highlight for me was the superbly cooked lamb, which is hard to find. Atmosphere was great, although a little loud (I dislike having to raise my voice to have a conversation) and service was attentive. I definitely recommend this unique dining experience to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continued greatnessAhabDined on 6/28/2014It is rare to find a place where the service and food is outstanding. We have been there numerous time and each time it is just wonderful. Lamb t-bones for the first time, and they were fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for special occasions; priceyMedrayDined on 6/28/2014Worth a visit for those who have not visited churrascarias in Brazil. Expensive. For those who may have someone in their party abstaining from meat: My wife opts for a no-meat dinner at Fogo de Chao, but we were never asked what we were eating, so she simply ate from the salad bar and side dishes but had no meat (keeping the colored indicator on red = "nao obrigada") throughout. When the bill came (indicating all at full fare) it was not easy to have the bill adjusted (nor was it pleasant - we were questioned intensely and corrected firmly). Apparently, they expect the customer to make a point of this so that the red/green symbol can be removed at the start of the meal. I think the wait staff should be more consistent in this.Special Features:
- Great for meat loversGoodbar200Dined on 6/27/2014Me and my friends really enjoyed it. Great food, great service. It's a little bit noisy but there is nothing they can do about that. Will go there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best to sit by the kitchenJS60Dined on 6/26/2014Food was generally good. Some of the steaks were less than tender. The least desirable part is actually getting the meats/poultry at your table. We sat at a less than desirable table. We could literally grab napkins and silverware without getting up. If the napkins etc. were edible we would have been in great shape. Since they come around with the meats, we were the last to receive any and had to wait with nothing to eat in the meantime. I think our table was the last in line for meat. I would definitely suggest you sit near the kitchen! Other than that the service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/25/2014Very expensive. This is for people who want to overeat and thereby get their money's worth.Special Features:
- After all the trafficJcmoDined on 6/24/2014We had a pleasant meal - everyone was so attentive. You just have to feel special. The salad bar alone is worth the trip - the meat is just a bonusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foods great but thats about it!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/21/2014The meat selection here is great. Steak eaters will be very happy. With the amount of money your spending per person one should get the whole package: great food, sufficient service, some type of atmosphere. Once our group was seated, we literally felt like we were in an office cafeteria, on ambiance there is none. We asked to be moved to what appeared to be a more "intimate" part of the restaurant which helped, a little. The waiters come by so quickly, you do feel rushed in and out of there. After viewing the wine list, I asked the waiter for a taste of the glass of wine i was considering - he looked at me as if I was from mars...as in "you want what...!!". You do feel rushed in and out of there. I would not return.Special Features:
- Amazing!AspagsDined on 6/21/2014All the meat was amazing!! The flavor was delicious and I was stuffed! Definitely go here! It's pricey but worth every single penny. I'd come back next time I'm in town for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place on occasionnwrust17Dined on 6/20/2014I preface this by admitting I am not filthy rich, because you'd have to be to frequent this venue. But it's great for an occasional date night, as the food is excellent. It was a little noisier than I would like, but it didn't distract from a very nice evening with my gf. I definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingGingerDined on 6/16/2014This was a great place to take my husband. He is one of the biggest carnivores I know. The amount of meat they offer is out of this world. I am not a huge meat eater, so I drew mostly to the salad bar and sides, but I did hear one young lady who was so excited about the meats that she called the servers "Brazilian beef angels." :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Special OccassionslovefogoDined on 6/15/2014Fogo de Chao is one of my favorite restaurants. I go there to celebrate anniversaries, Valentine's Day and birthdays. The food and service is always great. You need to go there with a huge appetite. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- great for meat loversfoodieinmeDined on 6/15/2014while i say that i like to DC location over this one, the food was great the only problem was being at a corner table you get over looked by the server and meat cutter which i a big negative..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fogo-Magnificent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014I was thoroughly impressed with food & the service. I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.