Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Baltimore
600 E. Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fogodechao.com/
- Phone: 4105289292
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 3:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse, South American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Baltimore
Fogo de Chão® (fo-go dèe shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, Fogo® began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (135)good for groups (112)fit for foodies (76)notable wine list (48)great for lunch (36)romantic (35)hot spot (31)kid-friendly (20)neighborhood gem (15)vibrant bar scene (14)great for brunch (11)late-night find (5)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Like a Vegas BuffetPhillymedstudentDined on 9/13/2014What a mess. They lost our opentable reservation, the service is awful and the atmosphere is similar to a Vegas buffet except much rowdier.
- Great experienceBrianDined on 9/13/2014Food was amazing as always. Service outstanding will defentily be returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodMikesgbear1Dined on 9/12/2014We went there on a Friday night and there was a good crowd and the staff was very friendly. The waiters bring the food to you and we never had to wait the meat was fast and plentiful and they accommodated our every need. I am not a big meat eater so i ordered the seafood shrimp but all my friends loved the meatSpecial Features:
- Excellent Food Service and QualityAlbo2kDined on 9/11/2014Recently went to Fogo de Chao and had a great meal. We love how quickly the meat is available when you flip the chip over to green. The chefs appear and offer you meat in about thirty seconds when you flip to green. All of the food was excellent. Only place where they could of improved is when I mentioned how hard the walk from the Hippodrome was for my wife. She usually does not wear heels and walked from the theater to Fogo and back which is about eight blocks. She ended up with a blister on one foot. I was hoping they ask If I would like for them to call a cab for us to get back. The night would of been better If I would of known where to get a cab (I am sorta clueless about Baltimore).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fogo is just a great timeTazbadDined on 9/9/2014If you don't love consuming the flesh of those lower on the food chain, then why are you reading this? If you do love it, then this place is for you! Pace yourself! Take small portions so you can taste all of the seared greatness of each cut, finding the ones you like the most and consuming until you need a wheelchair to get back to your car. But seriously, the flavors are incredible, the service is exceptional, and the selection is superb. Go, at least once. Go.Special Features:
- Great foods.donnaDined on 9/8/2014Foods were great and had a great time with friendsSpecial Features:
- Nice!MikeyDined on 8/31/2014Get your empty tummies ready! Great service, great food, great experience!Special Features:
- Delivered a decent decadent mealbbtsunamiDined on 8/31/2014Have been to Fogo de Chao several times. This time a group of 6 of us went and gorged on the meats. The salad bar is superb. The little rolls are a good foil to all the meat making the rounds. The meats were hit and miss on level of flavor and whether they actually had any that were done as requests (e.g. medium rare). Always have the option of waiting for the next one.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/31/2014We really enjoyed our meal at Fogo De Chao, particularly the guys in our party! Both the salad bar and the meats were delicious with a wonderful variety. We would definitely recommend this restaurant as a great food experience. However it was very crowded, with lots of tourists and children and at times was so loud, it was difficult to hear conversations. There was a very large (and loud) party close to us celebrating a birthday, but thankfully they left soon after we arrived. And there was the crying baby, whose parents were so intent on eating that they let him cry on and on. So I would be careful about going back to Fogo on the weekend, but would definitely return during the week, when, hopefully, it would be a bit quieter.Special Features:
- Our Go-to special occasion spotBirthdayDinerDined on 8/31/2014One of our favorites. The food is great and the salad bar is awesome. Just be prepared to eat a lot of meat.Special Features:
- The best Brazilian steakhouseMeffKDined on 8/30/2014I've gone to Fogo many times, and it has never disappointed. The service is great, the food and drink second to none. This is the first time I didn't go the the salad bar first, and I don't regret it. Though the salad bar is outstanding, even a tiny bit cuts into the amount of meat I can consume, and that is what Fogo de Chao is all about -- meat, and lots if it. As for the service, there was only one minor slip up when the waiter brought flan instead of Creme brûlée. The mistake was instantly rectified, and although it made no difference to me, the manager gave me $30 in gift cards! He wouldn't take no for an answer. That kind of treatment in a place that isn't hurting for clientele is why they aren't hurting for clientele.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MiddiesDined on 8/30/2014Took 3 USNA Firsties to early dinner after Ohio State game, and although Navy lost (gave Buckeyes a great game), they hadn't lost their appetites. After all the red meat, they still had room for dessert! Recommend FOGO for series meat eaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Completely underwhelmedMMGWDined on 8/30/2014If you want to spend a lot of money for an unlimited amount of bland food, go to Fogo de Chao. My husband and I could not understand why so many people rave about this place. The cuts of the meat were good, but they had no flavor. The only two meats that we thought were worth it were the parmesan-crusted pork and the sausage. The vegetables and sides are not even worth getting up to get. The mashed potatoes that they bring to your table literally have the same taste and texture as tv dinner mashed potatoes. Aside from that, the meat servers were constantly running into my chair. The decor is terrible, and the waitstaff is not much better than fast food employees. The one positive thing is that my husband and I enjoyed the drink selection.
- Great FoodMel2020Dined on 8/29/2014The service was great and the food.....GOD!....SO GOODSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Go Wrong!Foodie4LifeDined on 8/25/2014I have visited this restaurant many times and they have never disappointed me. The service is top notch and professional, the food is supurb and it is a great place to celebrate an anniversary or birthday. Very much worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kinda the perfect restaurantKerrbearDined on 8/17/2014Thank god I can't afford to eat at Fogo often or I'd be the size of a Buick. The salad bar alone is a gourmet experience, with a whole parmesan cheese to nibble from, asparagus spears... Then they give you all the delicious meat you can handle. Even the rolls on the table are the best I've ever had. My friend used to live in Costa Rica and said the plantains were just like the ones she ate there. Worth the money for a fancy night out.Special Features:
- Totally enjoyed will be back soon.TimetodineDined on 8/16/2014Great food and service. Had a wonderful time was there a lot longer than expected. Was having so much fun didn't realize how much time had passed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerLovegoodfood5Dined on 8/13/2014We love this restaurant and have fun bringing our kids and friends here to celebrate every special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come Hungry!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/12/2014Service was outstanding, food was superb.. Meat, meat, and more meat! You name it, they have it. Salad bar is outstanding and top shelf as well. Dont eat all day before you come!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This Place is AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014I cannot describe the experience. Everyone has to see it for themselves. This is my second visit to Fogo de Chao, and I was just as satisfied (even more so) than before. The salad bar is delicious! I love the variety. And, of course, the table-side meat carving is perfect. I always have to watch myself b/c I want to try everything, and that can be dangerous. I will say that I don't remember the spareribs when I visited before. That was the best addition! I had to keep from licking my fingers! Oh, and another nice addition was the roving bartender. I was really impressed! Your drink varieties come to you!!! Well done to all for another successful and tasty experience!Special Features:
- Great meal--horrible serviceJamesDined on 8/8/2014It's never good when you overhear waitrons making fun of patrons who "can't afford the regular menu" during restaurant week. It's a shame, because the rest of the experience was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!ostrdmDined on 8/8/2014The staff is amazing, far better than any place I have been to. Jair the general manager is very impressive and works hard along side his wait staff. The staff is very friendly, attentive and fast. I would highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fuel for an entire dayscuffleVIPDined on 8/8/2014We go here once a year, usually restaurant week when it's a bit more affordable. The salad bar is really lovely, but the focus is the grilled meats. We prefer the beef and lamb as we don't find the chicken and sausage to be anything unique and the pork tenderloin is overdone for my taste (I like a bit of pink in the middle and this is well done). The endless flow of food will stuff you like it's Thanksgiving twice over. Once we've eaten here, we don't need to eat for an entire day.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014Have been here before lots of times. Amazing place. Great food and service. However hosts are really rude and ignorant. They are face of the restaurant. They are first and last people customers see so they should be super friendly, pleasant and polite, not the opposite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip Fogo De ChoaDL350Dined on 8/6/2014If you are a smorgasbord type eater, this is a perfect place for you. If you are looking for great food, service and ambiance. this is not the place. All the meats tend to taste very similar. The sides were freezer food, it seems you just heat up and serve. Salad bar was average also. If you are looking for good food and not interested in meat after meat after meet, skip Fogo de Chao
- Not worth it!DatenightfoodieDined on 8/4/2014Primary server barely smiled, dismissive and walked away from the table while we were giving him our drink order. The food was fair, nothing exceptional. There are several great steak houses in Baltimore and the surrounding area with better cuts. The open seating with few barriers lends to a very loud atmosphere, not a great place for conversation or a date.
- FabulousRioDegenuineDined on 8/4/2014This is my new favorite eatery. Salad bar to die for and meats served every grilled way possible as well as top notch service. And, this will remain in my monthly budget allowance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat lovers havenAnnieDined on 8/2/2014Carnivores this is the place for you! If you like meat, then eat till your hearts content. Herbivorous this isn't for you. The salad bar is awesome, but the cost for just the salad bar is expensive. We went to celebrate my husbands birthday. My daughter and I are vegetarians and both my son and husband are meat eaters. Although they enjoyed the food, they did not enjoy the service. We sat in the back corner and was overlooked quite frequently. They provide these cardboard round disk that are green on one side and red on the other side. The only problem is the disk are flat, and hard to see. If you want more food, the green side is up. If the server doesn't see the disk then you are passed over. A different method would work better.Special Features:
- Good overall dining experienceCynthiaDined on 8/1/2014Was unaware of the limited restaurant week menu however the food was good. Very crowded so it was difficult to get individual attention but overall a good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining ExperienceKautiontapeDined on 8/1/2014Come hungry, because there are a huge number of delicious meats that you'll want to try. The service is incredible, and you'll hardly find time where you are sitting without food on your plate. The second you are seated, you're ready to fill a plate with selections from their salad bar. There are quite a lot of selections, even outside of the traditional greens and meat. There are even some more "exotic" sides they deliver which you don't tend to find elsewhere. The meats are well prepared, and the system for delivering more food means you won't be interrupted during conversation.Special Features:
- MEATOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014I am told that there was a substantial salad bar; however, I did not waste my time because there is all the meat that you care to eat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/18/2014Service and food were both fantastic throughout the meal, however it took 20 minutes to get the check and 20 more minutes for the check to be processed, which left a sour taste in our mouths. Manager cut the drink bill in half which more than made up for the inconvenience.Special Features:
- A carnivors dreamMimiDined on 7/15/2014Although there is no way that the average person could eat enough food to make this restaurant worth the expense, the quality of the food is excellent & the service attentive to every need. Considering that we had 3 children (who because of their age ate free) there was value in this restaurant. The salad bar was wonderful & we were prewarned not to fill up on it. That was an excellent recommendation since the continuous parade of meat that came to our table was overwhelming. The garlic steak & filet were incredible but I would pass on the ribs next time. My one complaint would be that I felt that with so many people at our table in various stages of red/green, there was little time in between being offered food to relax and enjoy.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Can't ask for more than this. All the food you want, great wine, delicious desserts. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Meat eaters extravaganzaerickezmanDined on 7/12/2014I have had better Brazilian steak house before. This place is no Braza( another kind of Brazilian steak house) but well worth a visit. The salad/app bar was adequate I have seen better but I was there for MEAT! All the meat was good beware if you are not the medium to well done person because most everything is MR. The leg lamb was OK I wish the lamb chop was more on the MR side but it was tasty. The chicken, pork was ok, the pork with crusted parm was good and full of flavor. The service was very good and the meat kept coming we were skipped a little because our seat was in the corner but I would tell them what I wanted back and someone would show up with it in a min or so. At least do it once in your life if you just want to feast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTillmoore2014VIPDined on 7/10/2014The service and the food are both outstanding! The selection of meats were just fabulous! Fresh and hot!!! And the salad bar was extremely fresh delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Few Outstanding VenuesteddybeartwoVIPDined on 7/10/2014I know of no other restaraunt where food, service and ambiance all rate outstanding.No other restaurant offers what they offer. Price is also reasonable.Special Features:
- A Great ExperienceAnnapolisFoodieDined on 7/9/2014The meat was prepared wonderfully as always. I love the variety of meats -- beef rib, bottom sirloin, tenderloin, chicken breasts wrapped in bacon, top sirloin, ribeye, baby lambchops, and more. The side dishes were excellent. I love the popovers and polenta especially. The service was impeccable. The waiters are always replenishing the side dishes, refilling the water glasses, bringing new fresh meat choices, and replenishing cocktails. One never needs to flag the waiters (gauchos) down to get a refill. This restaurant provides the best steakhouse experience.Special Features:
- Suprise birthday dinnerDash4dinnerDined on 7/4/2014My family suprised me with my birthday dinner in Baltimore location in July4 th, the food was delicious and plentiful! My kids enjoyed the whole experience and although a little expensive it was worthy for a special day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salad meats mouth!DazzledDinerDined on 7/4/2014Fogo de Choao is always great but the one in Baltimore seems to be a little cut above the others. The salad bar is very fresh; don't miss the salmon if they can keep it on the bar long enough, it goes quickly. The meat selection is not only variety but very delicious. I would recommend this as the place to dine.Special Features: