Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Baltimore
600 E. Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fogodechao.com/
- Phone: (410) 528-9292
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 3:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse, South American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Baltimore
Fogo de Chão® (fo-go dèe shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, Fogo® began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Inner Harbor ›
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (120)good for groups (114)fit for foodies (70)notable wine list (41)hot spot (33)romantic (27)great for lunch (26)kid-friendly (15)vibrant bar scene (14)neighborhood gem (13)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Not as special as we hopedDisappointedDined on 11/22/2014Very noisy night. food was ok. Service was lousySpecial Features:
- Good food, terrible servicerhayesDined on 11/15/2014Been to Fogo a few times and this last Saturday night was just awful. We were seated around 8:30pm. Food is great, salad bar was awesome. You'd think that the service would be fast and efficient since everyone is getting the same food. NO. Our table had asked to keep the wine flowing--if a bottle was empty, then open a new one and to keep the alcohol tab separate. Wine service was atrocious--took way too long. We were never offered clean plates, so we had to keep going to the salad bar to get them. We were never offered the sauces until we saw the table behind us get them and by then, our table of 7 was finished with our meat service. We asked for the sauces anyway just so that we could sample them...and they were delicious--especially the chimichurri. By 10:45pm we were all done. We didn't leave the restaurant until 11:45pm. Yes, it took an hour to get our tab--and get it correctly. They never separated the alcohol as requested. We also asked for the auto-tip removed so that we could leave our own, more appropriately deserved tip amount. These 2 corrections literally took an hour to resolve. Don't think we'll be coming back.Special Features:
- Amazing restaurant!MayVADined on 11/15/2014Good food & Good services. We are recommend this Restaurat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fago de chaoBeckyDined on 11/14/2014I have to start with the food. The food was amazing. The lamb, chicken, beef whatever was so delicious. However after an hour of dining, they stopped coming around our table with meat. I eat very slowly, so I left this place not satisfied. We had to tag down a waiter to get our bill; tag down another one to take it so we could leave. Also prices have increased. Not worth the $51 dollars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply ExcellentTillmoore2014VIPDined on 11/12/2014The salad bar is outstanding, everything is SUPER fresh !!! The meats are all very tasteful and the customer service is outstanding!. This place is above 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KOBRIENDined on 11/11/2014Food was fantastic, service was unbelievably good.Special Features:
- Usually BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2014Fogo de Chao I suspect is usually better, but the food we received was on the colder and drier end of the usual standard of Southern Brazilian eateries I've been to. The side dishes seemed like they had been prepared not as freshly as they usually are, and the meats were on the dry side that the servers brought around. I suppose for a slow Monday night, this should be expected?Special Features:
- AframeDebDined on 11/9/2014Wow .. awesome experience! Loved it! A must try!Special Features:
- GreatFrancisIamDined on 11/8/2014Took my wife her for a surprise on her birthday. The food was excellent , best cuts of meats we both have ever tasted. The staff was very courteous and helpful , always coming and asking if you needed anything . Dessert came and the cheesecake was out of this world with a special happy birthday message on it for my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food with Lots Going OnLoveToEatDined on 11/8/2014The food was outstanding, and the service was quick. It isn't a place if you want slow and quite. It's a very busy place with servers running around everywhere. That's not necessarily a problem, just be ready for it.Special Features:
- It's a Brazilian Steakhouse.irishblueDined on 11/5/2014I've been to a number of Brazilian Steakhouses in Latin America (none actually in Brazil unfortunately) and Fogo de Chao lives up to what they are about. Lots of choices for well seasoned and well cooked meat, some consolation for people who want to eat green stuff and a very attentive staff. I think that I had a little of every variety of meat available and not one was bad, but the roasted lamb was particularly good as was the sirloin. If you are down for a night of eating a little bit of a lot of different beef, lamb and chicken this is well worth the money, but it is nothing like a traditional American Steakhouse, so if you are looking for some prime rib or a New York Strip look elsewhere.Special Features:
- Too Expensive for the QualityBGinBmoreDined on 11/2/2014You go to a Brazilian barbecue place for the meat and Fogo de Chao's meat was not wonderful this past weekend. Side dishes were middling, and salad bar items, especially the salad greens, needed careful attention to avoid wilted or outright rotted pieces. Service was attentive but mostly inarticulate, making it difficult to understand what we were being offered.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014This was our first time here and we will definitely return. Staff was wonderful!Special Features:
- Just OKKIMADined on 10/28/2014The various cuts of meat were decent, service was fine, salad bar was large, but nothing crazy. I understand why people like the concept of enless food, just not my style.
- really fun experienceMINKSCVIPDined on 10/28/2014Excellent salad bar. Very good food. Excellellent service. Our. Server knew wine very well. And choose a great Malbec for usSpecial Features:
- Best BeefMeatLoverVIPDined on 10/22/2014I go here often. I have NEVER had a bad meal. The meat is cooked to perfection and always delicious. I will return again and again due to the good food and exceptional service that I get on a regular basis.Special Features:
- Service was weakCajunPmacDined on 10/18/2014One of my favorite restaurants is Fogo in Chicago. This Fogo did not meet the same standards I would expect from a restaurant of this caliber. For me, the food could be adequate as long as the service is exceptional, this was not the case. From the time we sat until we left I believe we only saw our actual server twice. I will say he had a birthday party a few tables away with about 10 people however how hard is it to ask how you're doing and if you need anything as you walk by? most of our service came from the water lady and other waiters/waitresses in which we were not even their table. I specifically asked for a type of meat three or four times during the meal and never did get any though I had seen them out with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was lackingKirasmomVIPDined on 10/12/2014food was amazing but there was a large group dining at the same time as us. The gauchos ignored us and focused on the large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go to Baltimore Fogo de ChaoLuvcreoleDined on 10/11/2014I usually eat at Fogo de Chao when I can get to one, maybe once a year, and it's usually the San Antonio restaurant. This was the worst experience I've ever had and I brought a couple friends who never been here before. The service was aweful. Our waiter never checked in on us, rolled his eyes at us when we asked for help and we asked multiple staff for assistance. We were rarely helped. We were not asked to refill our drinks, bread, and we had to ask for the check 3 times. I don't know what the excuse was but this wasn't the amazing experience I've always associated with Fogo de Chao
- Impeccable ServiceMjtravellerVIPDined on 10/9/2014I could tell you about the incredible cuts of meat, I could rave about the fresh, diverse salad bar, the great wine list, and the desserts, but what really keeps me coming back is the service. All of the staff are so warm and attentive. The team is always moving so quickly and always are eager to help with any request you may have. Their hard work deserves a sixth star in my opinion. The bill can end up on the pricey side, but for those truly special occasions, there is no place I would rather go to celebrate.Special Features:
- Good for OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Had been to this place in Dallas and Columbia. First experience we had Brazilian atmosphere and dancing . It was the best one. This was very nice too but not the fun atmosphere. It is a little stiff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded Expectations!PeterJDined on 10/4/2014I dined here this weekend with my wife, my toddler son and my parents to celebrate my wife's birthday. I was concerned whether my parents, who aren't big meat-eaters, would enjoy it. They LOVED it! They probably ate more meat than I did. The salad bar is excellent, as usual, and the meats are delicious. The service was top-notch, with our waitors making sure that we were getting the meats that we wanted. One note - we went on Saturday at 4:30PM, when it opens for dinner, and there were already a crowd at the host stand - make sure to have a reservation!Special Features:
- BirthdayPamADined on 10/3/2014We went to celebrate a birthday and we had a group of 7 people. The entire staff was attentive and worked very well as a team! We were pleased with the food and had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nicknameVIPDined on 10/3/2014I have been to similar resturants in the best . I was surprised with the combination of price ( expensive) and lack of variety of meats served.Special Features:
- Meat, meat, meat!AllTattedUpJayDined on 10/3/2014If you don't get your fill of meat here, its your own fault. With 16 different cuts of meat carved and served table side, its hard to find something you don't like. Most of the time I even skip the salad bar just to eat more meatSpecial Features:
- Meatacular!eatmeatDined on 9/27/2014Our group of six adults enjoyed our visit very much. As expected, the food and service was great; with the extensive 'salad bar' (that name does not give it justice) even the one vegetarian in the party had a special evening. Fogo is where to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodFoodyDined on 9/20/2014We loved the Limeade!!! Strongly recommended! The food is fabulous- there are a great variable cuts of meats !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent And Fun!Amadancer1VIPDined on 9/20/2014This is a Brazilian churrascaria. It has a massive, excellent salad bar (great for vegetarians but don't overdo if you want to have room for the meat). Great drinks and wines, too. You get a coaster, red on one side, green on the other. When green is up, servers come around with skewers of Brazilian meats, sausage, chicken, and pork. They have filet Mignon, several types of sirloin, prime rib, flank steak, chicken, some wrapped in bacon...whew! Salmon on salad bar. Way too much to describe. Turn it to red when you need to stop. Turn it over as much as you like! Don't forget the polenta, potatoes, and caramelized plantain side dishes. And the dessert? Fabulous! Great staff, as well. We have eaten here several times and will go back.Special Features:
- First timeTTopDined on 9/20/2014Nice place to gather with a group. Salad bar is just right. The beef could use a lil more seasoning. The pork loin is phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's an eventLococandiDined on 9/18/2014Eating out here is an event. All you can eat salad bar but for canivores, the main event is the all you can eat meat extravaganza. Add in an original Caipirinha drunk and the night will be perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at this location.Johnk01850Dined on 9/18/2014Ended up here after our original plans were canceled by the venue. There were 6 of us and we couldn't have had a better time. The staff was gracious and accommodating. They explained all of the meats as we were served and brought us our various libations. We will definetly be going back and look forward to it! Thank you Fogo de ChaoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like a Vegas BuffetPhillymedstudentDined on 9/13/2014What a mess. They lost our opentable reservation, the service is awful and the atmosphere is similar to a Vegas buffet except much rowdier.
- Great experienceBrianDined on 9/13/2014Food was amazing as always. Service outstanding will defentily be returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodMikesgbear1Dined on 9/12/2014We went there on a Friday night and there was a good crowd and the staff was very friendly. The waiters bring the food to you and we never had to wait the meat was fast and plentiful and they accommodated our every need. I am not a big meat eater so i ordered the seafood shrimp but all my friends loved the meatSpecial Features:
- Excellent Food Service and QualityAlbo2kDined on 9/11/2014Recently went to Fogo de Chao and had a great meal. We love how quickly the meat is available when you flip the chip over to green. The chefs appear and offer you meat in about thirty seconds when you flip to green. All of the food was excellent. Only place where they could of improved is when I mentioned how hard the walk from the Hippodrome was for my wife. She usually does not wear heels and walked from the theater to Fogo and back which is about eight blocks. She ended up with a blister on one foot. I was hoping they ask If I would like for them to call a cab for us to get back. The night would of been better If I would of known where to get a cab (I am sorta clueless about Baltimore).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fogo is just a great timeTazbadDined on 9/9/2014If you don't love consuming the flesh of those lower on the food chain, then why are you reading this? If you do love it, then this place is for you! Pace yourself! Take small portions so you can taste all of the seared greatness of each cut, finding the ones you like the most and consuming until you need a wheelchair to get back to your car. But seriously, the flavors are incredible, the service is exceptional, and the selection is superb. Go, at least once. Go.Special Features:
- Great foods.donnaDined on 9/8/2014Foods were great and had a great time with friendsSpecial Features:
- Nice!MikeyDined on 8/31/2014Get your empty tummies ready! Great service, great food, great experience!Special Features:
- Delivered a decent decadent mealbbtsunamiDined on 8/31/2014Have been to Fogo de Chao several times. This time a group of 6 of us went and gorged on the meats. The salad bar is superb. The little rolls are a good foil to all the meat making the rounds. The meats were hit and miss on level of flavor and whether they actually had any that were done as requests (e.g. medium rare). Always have the option of waiting for the next one.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/31/2014We really enjoyed our meal at Fogo De Chao, particularly the guys in our party! Both the salad bar and the meats were delicious with a wonderful variety. We would definitely recommend this restaurant as a great food experience. However it was very crowded, with lots of tourists and children and at times was so loud, it was difficult to hear conversations. There was a very large (and loud) party close to us celebrating a birthday, but thankfully they left soon after we arrived. And there was the crying baby, whose parents were so intent on eating that they let him cry on and on. So I would be careful about going back to Fogo on the weekend, but would definitely return during the week, when, hopefully, it would be a bit quieter.Special Features: