Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Baltimore
600 E. Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fogodechao.com/
- Phone: 4105289292
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 3:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse, South American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Baltimore
Fogo de Chão® (fo-go dèe shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, Fogo® began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (124)good for groups (112)fit for foodies (69)notable wine list (41)hot spot (31)romantic (30)great for lunch (28)kid-friendly (15)vibrant bar scene (14)neighborhood gem (11)great for brunch (9)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Service was weakCajunPmacDined on 10/18/2014One of my favorite restaurants is Fogo in Chicago. This Fogo did not meet the same standards I would expect from a restaurant of this caliber. For me, the food could be adequate as long as the service is exceptional, this was not the case. From the time we sat until we left I believe we only saw our actual server twice. I will say he had a birthday party a few tables away with about 10 people however how hard is it to ask how you're doing and if you need anything as you walk by? most of our service came from the water lady and other waiters/waitresses in which we were not even their table. I specifically asked for a type of meat three or four times during the meal and never did get any though I had seen them out with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was lackingKirasmomVIPDined on 10/12/2014food was amazing but there was a large group dining at the same time as us. The gauchos ignored us and focused on the large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go to Baltimore Fogo de ChaoLuvcreoleDined on 10/11/2014I usually eat at Fogo de Chao when I can get to one, maybe once a year, and it's usually the San Antonio restaurant. This was the worst experience I've ever had and I brought a couple friends who never been here before. The service was aweful. Our waiter never checked in on us, rolled his eyes at us when we asked for help and we asked multiple staff for assistance. We were rarely helped. We were not asked to refill our drinks, bread, and we had to ask for the check 3 times. I don't know what the excuse was but this wasn't the amazing experience I've always associated with Fogo de Chao
- Impeccable ServiceMjtravellerVIPDined on 10/9/2014I could tell you about the incredible cuts of meat, I could rave about the fresh, diverse salad bar, the great wine list, and the desserts, but what really keeps me coming back is the service. All of the staff are so warm and attentive. The team is always moving so quickly and always are eager to help with any request you may have. Their hard work deserves a sixth star in my opinion. The bill can end up on the pricey side, but for those truly special occasions, there is no place I would rather go to celebrate.Special Features:
- Good for OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Had been to this place in Dallas and Columbia. First experience we had Brazilian atmosphere and dancing . It was the best one. This was very nice too but not the fun atmosphere. It is a little stiff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded Expectations!PeterJDined on 10/4/2014I dined here this weekend with my wife, my toddler son and my parents to celebrate my wife's birthday. I was concerned whether my parents, who aren't big meat-eaters, would enjoy it. They LOVED it! They probably ate more meat than I did. The salad bar is excellent, as usual, and the meats are delicious. The service was top-notch, with our waitors making sure that we were getting the meats that we wanted. One note - we went on Saturday at 4:30PM, when it opens for dinner, and there were already a crowd at the host stand - make sure to have a reservation!Special Features:
- BirthdayPamADined on 10/3/2014We went to celebrate a birthday and we had a group of 7 people. The entire staff was attentive and worked very well as a team! We were pleased with the food and had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nicknameVIPDined on 10/3/2014I have been to similar resturants in the best . I was surprised with the combination of price ( expensive) and lack of variety of meats served.Special Features:
- Meat, meat, meat!AllTattedUpJayDined on 10/3/2014If you don't get your fill of meat here, its your own fault. With 16 different cuts of meat carved and served table side, its hard to find something you don't like. Most of the time I even skip the salad bar just to eat more meatSpecial Features:
- Meatacular!eatmeatDined on 9/27/2014Our group of six adults enjoyed our visit very much. As expected, the food and service was great; with the extensive 'salad bar' (that name does not give it justice) even the one vegetarian in the party had a special evening. Fogo is where to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodFoodyDined on 9/20/2014We loved the Limeade!!! Strongly recommended! The food is fabulous- there are a great variable cuts of meats !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent And Fun!Amadancer1VIPDined on 9/20/2014This is a Brazilian churrascaria. It has a massive, excellent salad bar (great for vegetarians but don't overdo if you want to have room for the meat). Great drinks and wines, too. You get a coaster, red on one side, green on the other. When green is up, servers come around with skewers of Brazilian meats, sausage, chicken, and pork. They have filet Mignon, several types of sirloin, prime rib, flank steak, chicken, some wrapped in bacon...whew! Salmon on salad bar. Way too much to describe. Turn it to red when you need to stop. Turn it over as much as you like! Don't forget the polenta, potatoes, and caramelized plantain side dishes. And the dessert? Fabulous! Great staff, as well. We have eaten here several times and will go back.Special Features:
- First timeTTopDined on 9/20/2014Nice place to gather with a group. Salad bar is just right. The beef could use a lil more seasoning. The pork loin is phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's an eventLococandiDined on 9/18/2014Eating out here is an event. All you can eat salad bar but for canivores, the main event is the all you can eat meat extravaganza. Add in an original Caipirinha drunk and the night will be perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at this location.Johnk01850Dined on 9/18/2014Ended up here after our original plans were canceled by the venue. There were 6 of us and we couldn't have had a better time. The staff was gracious and accommodating. They explained all of the meats as we were served and brought us our various libations. We will definetly be going back and look forward to it! Thank you Fogo de ChaoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like a Vegas BuffetPhillymedstudentDined on 9/13/2014What a mess. They lost our opentable reservation, the service is awful and the atmosphere is similar to a Vegas buffet except much rowdier.
- Great experienceBrianDined on 9/13/2014Food was amazing as always. Service outstanding will defentily be returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodMikesgbear1Dined on 9/12/2014We went there on a Friday night and there was a good crowd and the staff was very friendly. The waiters bring the food to you and we never had to wait the meat was fast and plentiful and they accommodated our every need. I am not a big meat eater so i ordered the seafood shrimp but all my friends loved the meatSpecial Features:
- Excellent Food Service and QualityAlbo2kDined on 9/11/2014Recently went to Fogo de Chao and had a great meal. We love how quickly the meat is available when you flip the chip over to green. The chefs appear and offer you meat in about thirty seconds when you flip to green. All of the food was excellent. Only place where they could of improved is when I mentioned how hard the walk from the Hippodrome was for my wife. She usually does not wear heels and walked from the theater to Fogo and back which is about eight blocks. She ended up with a blister on one foot. I was hoping they ask If I would like for them to call a cab for us to get back. The night would of been better If I would of known where to get a cab (I am sorta clueless about Baltimore).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fogo is just a great timeTazbadDined on 9/9/2014If you don't love consuming the flesh of those lower on the food chain, then why are you reading this? If you do love it, then this place is for you! Pace yourself! Take small portions so you can taste all of the seared greatness of each cut, finding the ones you like the most and consuming until you need a wheelchair to get back to your car. But seriously, the flavors are incredible, the service is exceptional, and the selection is superb. Go, at least once. Go.Special Features:
- Great foods.donnaDined on 9/8/2014Foods were great and had a great time with friendsSpecial Features:
- Nice!MikeyDined on 8/31/2014Get your empty tummies ready! Great service, great food, great experience!Special Features:
- Delivered a decent decadent mealbbtsunamiDined on 8/31/2014Have been to Fogo de Chao several times. This time a group of 6 of us went and gorged on the meats. The salad bar is superb. The little rolls are a good foil to all the meat making the rounds. The meats were hit and miss on level of flavor and whether they actually had any that were done as requests (e.g. medium rare). Always have the option of waiting for the next one.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/31/2014We really enjoyed our meal at Fogo De Chao, particularly the guys in our party! Both the salad bar and the meats were delicious with a wonderful variety. We would definitely recommend this restaurant as a great food experience. However it was very crowded, with lots of tourists and children and at times was so loud, it was difficult to hear conversations. There was a very large (and loud) party close to us celebrating a birthday, but thankfully they left soon after we arrived. And there was the crying baby, whose parents were so intent on eating that they let him cry on and on. So I would be careful about going back to Fogo on the weekend, but would definitely return during the week, when, hopefully, it would be a bit quieter.Special Features:
- Our Go-to special occasion spotBirthdayDinerDined on 8/31/2014One of our favorites. The food is great and the salad bar is awesome. Just be prepared to eat a lot of meat.Special Features:
- The best Brazilian steakhouseMeffKDined on 8/30/2014I've gone to Fogo many times, and it has never disappointed. The service is great, the food and drink second to none. This is the first time I didn't go the the salad bar first, and I don't regret it. Though the salad bar is outstanding, even a tiny bit cuts into the amount of meat I can consume, and that is what Fogo de Chao is all about -- meat, and lots if it. As for the service, there was only one minor slip up when the waiter brought flan instead of Creme brûlée. The mistake was instantly rectified, and although it made no difference to me, the manager gave me $30 in gift cards! He wouldn't take no for an answer. That kind of treatment in a place that isn't hurting for clientele is why they aren't hurting for clientele.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MiddiesDined on 8/30/2014Took 3 USNA Firsties to early dinner after Ohio State game, and although Navy lost (gave Buckeyes a great game), they hadn't lost their appetites. After all the red meat, they still had room for dessert! Recommend FOGO for series meat eaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Completely underwhelmedMMGWDined on 8/30/2014If you want to spend a lot of money for an unlimited amount of bland food, go to Fogo de Chao. My husband and I could not understand why so many people rave about this place. The cuts of the meat were good, but they had no flavor. The only two meats that we thought were worth it were the parmesan-crusted pork and the sausage. The vegetables and sides are not even worth getting up to get. The mashed potatoes that they bring to your table literally have the same taste and texture as tv dinner mashed potatoes. Aside from that, the meat servers were constantly running into my chair. The decor is terrible, and the waitstaff is not much better than fast food employees. The one positive thing is that my husband and I enjoyed the drink selection.
- Great FoodMel2020Dined on 8/29/2014The service was great and the food.....GOD!....SO GOODSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Go Wrong!Foodie4LifeDined on 8/25/2014I have visited this restaurant many times and they have never disappointed me. The service is top notch and professional, the food is supurb and it is a great place to celebrate an anniversary or birthday. Very much worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kinda the perfect restaurantKerrbearDined on 8/17/2014Thank god I can't afford to eat at Fogo often or I'd be the size of a Buick. The salad bar alone is a gourmet experience, with a whole parmesan cheese to nibble from, asparagus spears... Then they give you all the delicious meat you can handle. Even the rolls on the table are the best I've ever had. My friend used to live in Costa Rica and said the plantains were just like the ones she ate there. Worth the money for a fancy night out.Special Features:
- Totally enjoyed will be back soon.TimetodineDined on 8/16/2014Great food and service. Had a wonderful time was there a lot longer than expected. Was having so much fun didn't realize how much time had passed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerLovegoodfood5Dined on 8/13/2014We love this restaurant and have fun bringing our kids and friends here to celebrate every special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come Hungry!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/12/2014Service was outstanding, food was superb.. Meat, meat, and more meat! You name it, they have it. Salad bar is outstanding and top shelf as well. Dont eat all day before you come!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This Place is AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014I cannot describe the experience. Everyone has to see it for themselves. This is my second visit to Fogo de Chao, and I was just as satisfied (even more so) than before. The salad bar is delicious! I love the variety. And, of course, the table-side meat carving is perfect. I always have to watch myself b/c I want to try everything, and that can be dangerous. I will say that I don't remember the spareribs when I visited before. That was the best addition! I had to keep from licking my fingers! Oh, and another nice addition was the roving bartender. I was really impressed! Your drink varieties come to you!!! Well done to all for another successful and tasty experience!Special Features:
- Great meal--horrible serviceJamesDined on 8/8/2014It's never good when you overhear waitrons making fun of patrons who "can't afford the regular menu" during restaurant week. It's a shame, because the rest of the experience was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!ostrdmDined on 8/8/2014The staff is amazing, far better than any place I have been to. Jair the general manager is very impressive and works hard along side his wait staff. The staff is very friendly, attentive and fast. I would highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fuel for an entire dayscuffleVIPDined on 8/8/2014We go here once a year, usually restaurant week when it's a bit more affordable. The salad bar is really lovely, but the focus is the grilled meats. We prefer the beef and lamb as we don't find the chicken and sausage to be anything unique and the pork tenderloin is overdone for my taste (I like a bit of pink in the middle and this is well done). The endless flow of food will stuff you like it's Thanksgiving twice over. Once we've eaten here, we don't need to eat for an entire day.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014Have been here before lots of times. Amazing place. Great food and service. However hosts are really rude and ignorant. They are face of the restaurant. They are first and last people customers see so they should be super friendly, pleasant and polite, not the opposite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip Fogo De ChoaDL350Dined on 8/6/2014If you are a smorgasbord type eater, this is a perfect place for you. If you are looking for great food, service and ambiance. this is not the place. All the meats tend to taste very similar. The sides were freezer food, it seems you just heat up and serve. Salad bar was average also. If you are looking for good food and not interested in meat after meat after meet, skip Fogo de Chao