Fog Harbor Fish House
Pier 39 #A-202
San Francisco, CA 94133Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Fog Harbor Fish House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fogharborfishhouse.com/
- Phone: 4154212442x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Adolfo Soto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Fog Harbor Fish House is the perfect place for group dining, special corporate events and tour groups.
The Sea Lion Room is a beautiful room with stunning views of Alcatraz Island, the Golden Gate Bridge and the PIER 39 sea lions. This room accommodates 52 guests comfortably.
We also have the Alcatraz Room that will accommodate 56 guests and has great views of the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco Bay.
• We offer both pre-designed group and custom menus available for lunch or dinner.
• We feature a three-course price fix menu.
• We offer a special set menu or breakfast buffet for groups of 25 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Jane O’Donnell 8886346658
- Cross Street: Embarcadero
- Public Transit: F-line,10 & 15 stops right in front of PIER 39.
MUNI & Cable Cars: 415.673.6864
Alameda/Oakland Ferry: 510.522.3300
Vallejo Ferry: 415.705.5444
Sausalito & Tiburon Ferry: 415.705.5444
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: PIER 39 has convenient parking in the PIER 39 Garage, located directly across the street from the Entrance Plaza. Restaurant patrons who dine with us receive one hour free validated parking at lunch and two hours free validated parking after 6 pm for dinner.
A word from Fog Harbor Fish House
Fog Harbor Fish House is a classic San Francisco seafood restaurant. Their menu showcases a large variety of fresh seafood delivered daily and also features non seafood items that change seasonally. They are proud to be the first restaurant on Fisherman's Wharf to serve 100% sustainable seafood. The classic, comfortable dining room features panoramic views of Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco Bay, Alcatraz and The Golden Gate Bridge. It is part of the family owned Simco Restaurant Group, which has operated high quality, award winning seafood restaurants in San Francisco for over 30 years. Fog Harbor Fish House is located on the water, upper level at the entrance to San Francisco's PIER 39. Click the following link to view our short video of how their 100% sustainable seafood goes from the ocean to your plate. http://youtu.be/2QFUf16bcSMContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Fog Harbor Fish House - Best Restaurants in Fisherman's Wharf ›
Fog Harbor Fish House reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (123)special occasion (74)great for lunch (55)good for groups (42)romantic (42)fit for foodies (40)kid-friendly (28)great for brunch (21)neighborhood gem (20)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (8)notable wine list (8)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- FantasticPaletesRUssDined on 8/22/2014Definitely get your money's worth, amazing food, great scenerey, and good customer service. Wouldn't mine going back at least once a monthSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Good seafood! Very fresh. We arrived 45 mins before our reservation time and was able to get seated before our reservation time. Staff was great, service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Celebration!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014I took my BFF to the Fog Harbor Fish house for her Birthday and we had a wonderful time, the food was great and very tasty, the atmosphere and scenary entertaining. The Service was welcoming and friendly from the time we arrived and for the rest of our dining time. I would definately recommend this restaurant to my friends and co-workers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch and dinnerWaytogoVIPDined on 8/15/2014lunch was outstanding..service was great and food was great ,,had dinner that evening too a complete difference. Service was poor and food was not great. Dinner was brought to table and the empty appetizer dishes had not been cleared what a clusterSpecial Features:
- Food great, Service so-soLive2EatDined on 8/15/2014Had a great time celebrating my wife's birthday. Requested a table with a spectacular view of the bay. I ordered the fried seafood mix and the wife ordered the cioppino. Both were fantastic. I have to say the service was so-so. Maybe because we didn't order alcohol. We had to continue to ask for our water glasses to be filled. Also, the server never brought us over a bread basket. He seemed to be friendlier to the couple at the next table because they ordered a bottle of wine. Another thing, they charge $2.00 for opening the clams in my wife's meal. Lastly on the check, besides CA sales tax, there is a 4% surcharge for SF Employer Health Care. Not all SF restaurants do. Overall, the meal outweigh the annoying charges and the service.Special Features:
- Best foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014This is best for lunch I rate this Ten plus Wonderful service etchSpecial Features:
- Decent food, busy locationSeafoodDined on 8/11/2014Good food and fish menu. It's a large place, first one at Pier 39, plenty of walk ins, but surprisingly of decent quality of food. Service is timely, organized, but quick, almost rushed. Forget asking server a question due to high nose level. This would not be a good place for special occasion unless they have a separate sitting area.Special Features:
- Delicious!yoshiDined on 8/10/2014nice view, delicious food, kids friendly, not quietSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun LunchEDWARDVIPDined on 8/10/2014As a frequent diner at Fog Harbor Fish House I can state that the food is always very good regardless of what one offers, the service is usually very good and the view is outstanding. Once again we ordered many appetizers, soups, salads, and entrees and my party of nine thoroughly enjoyed each serving. The lobster mac & cheese appetizer/entree is outstanding. Attempt to make a reservation, but be advised that Fog Harbor Fish House does not book reservations for its busiest times of the day and relies on walk-in business. This is however, one of my favorite restaurants in San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, ambiance, and view!love2eatDined on 8/7/2014The food was great, we had crab/risotto for appetizer, fried combo (fish/calamari/shrimp), and crab roll. All the seafood are fresh and delicious! They also provide you a warm sourdough bread that is so amazing...seated by the window overlooking the boat cruise on the bay...it's nice for people watching :) Our waiter is very professional and friendly.Special Features:
- Fantastic FogHarborPhxFoodieDined on 8/6/2014Great seafood with an excellent view and wonderful service.. used OpenTable to request a romantic window seat for two!Special Features:
- Great food, service and views.SacramentofoodieDined on 8/2/2014Had a wonderful lunch here last weekend with my husband, baby and cousins visiting here from Malta on their honeymoon. The clam chowder was excellent as well as the service. I love that the restaurant offers many gluten free options since my cousin is allergic and the waiter was very knowledgeable about what items were safe for her as well as offering substitutions. They had the crab ceviche and halibut and loved it. We had the clam chowder and we split the grilled seafood plate but added two lobster tails and it was delicious. I'm glad we made a reservation in advance because their was a lot of people waiting when we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RIQUISIMO!ERICKRDZSANDined on 7/31/2014PROBAMOS LA COLA DE LANGOSTA Y EL CANGREJO ORIGINAL DE SAN FRANCISCO Y FUE EXCLENTE SERVICIO PERFECTO Y ADEMAS MIUY BUENOS PRECIOS MUY RECOMENDABLESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow! Great Meal!lpw1Dined on 7/31/2014The service was terrific for such a busy and crowded restaurant. Our waiter was very efficient and took really good care of us. The Lobster Roll was out of the world - I was stuffed but was not about to leave a single speck of it. Fresh lobster on warm buttery sourdough bread - need I say more. My husband could not stop talking about how wonderful his Chili Lime Shrimp Salad was. Also, could not missed their claim as best clam chowder so I ordered a cup and I must say the creamy wonderful soup was the best I have had.Special Features:
- Delightful Dinner!discerningdinerDined on 7/28/2014From the gorgeous ocean view to the delicious food and excellent service, our dinner at Fog Harbor was perfect in every way. Our server was extremely knowledgeable about the entire menu, and gave helpful suggestions. Warm sourdough bread is served at the beginning of the meal. We shared the Beet and Blue Cheese salad, which was a yummy combination of greens, walnuts, and blue cheese dressing served atop red and yellow beet slices. For our main courses, we had a halibut special served over a quinoa mixture and the wild salmon on the regular menu, which our server told us was caught locally and no more than 10 hours old. Everything was perfectly prepared and beautifully served. Timing and pace of meal was relaxed. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- PerfectPaulaDined on 7/28/2014Lovely setting, ambience, service and food with a good understanding of food allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For TouristOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/28/2014Great waiter. Very slow kitchen. Food was fine but nothing outstanding. Convenient location on cannery row.Special Features:
- Great food and great viewsMJFoodieDined on 7/21/2014We went to Fog Harbor for lunch on our second day in SF. It was our first time at Fisherman's Wharf, so I requested a table with a view. They did not disappoint - our table was next to the floor-to-ceiling window with a view of the water and the pier, complete with sea lions, and Alcatraz and Angel Island in the background. The seafood was delicious. My husband had the crab cocktail - a heaping mound of fresh Dungeness crab, and the crab and avocado salad. Very fresh and tasty. I had the ahi tuna poke - lovely presentation and very nice flavours, with lots of fresh Cali avocado, followed by the baked oysters - perfectly cooked, with ample yummy Parmesan and sauce, without being too rich. Would go back - would love to try the supper menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassicDebbieDined on 7/19/2014Good solid dinner. Nothing extraordinary but good. Crab louie, Fried seafood plate. Good calamari, good shrimp. Fast seating because of our open table reservationSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and viewlsh41Dined on 7/17/2014Make a reservation if you want to be at a table next to windows. The lobster tail was excellent as were the raw oysters. Definitely a place to go in San Francisco right on Pier 39. Go early and see the sea lions and the boats and shops then enjoy an excellent dinner. A relaxed atmosphere and great food.Special Features:
- FantasticJimWDined on 7/16/2014Great way to celebrate your birthday! Fantastic service, great food and incredible view.Special Features:
- EDWARDVIPDined on 7/12/2014Lunch at Fog Harbor Fish House was outstanding, as the food was delicious, the service was very good, and the views of Alcatraz, San Francisco Bay, and Fisherman's Wharf were incredible. My family particularly enjoyed the lobster and macaroni casserole, although the salads, crab cakes, clam chowder, mixed seafood grill, and chicken pasta were also excellent. Fog Harbor Fish House was crowded and noisy, as this is clearly a popular restaurant. Reservations are definitely suggested, although it appears that the restaurant does not accept reservations during a large block of time shortly after noontime. We will definitely return to Fog Harbor again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy chowder & great serviceSteveinspforkDined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed the restaurant for lunch. We requested in our reservation a window seat for 2 overlooking the bay and were pleasantly surprised to get a lovely table fitting our request. The dungess crab cakes were outstanding and we just loved he clam chowder and complimentary sourdough bread brought to the table with it. Perfect combo!Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner and ServiceGlennDined on 7/10/2014We had a party of (8) and decided to have an early dinner. We were seating at an excellent table with a bay window view of the harbor. After being seated, there was a short delay in being waited on. Although we did not complain, the server and manager more than made up for this short delay. The service and food was excellent. All (8) of us were severed at the same time as well. We really had a great dinner at the Fog Habor fish House and can't wait to go back when in San Francisco. Highly recommend for large party, small party, or family. The Pier 39 is also a great place to sight see and shop before or after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for touristguymelchanDined on 7/9/2014We were provided with excellent service on our visit. The food was fine - not as amazing and fresh tasting as one would think for the City by the Bay. We live in Dallas and regularly eat seafood that tastes more fresh than what we had on our visit. That being said, I would still tell friends to go here because the place has such a special feel and beautiful view. Our waiter had been working there for 29 years and it showed - he was a master waiter! Our fish and chips was tough and flavorless; clam chowder was great as was the sourdough bread; the whole crab was fine; the cioppino was good; fried scallop appetizer was very good; all of us loved the creme brulee. Overall - not bad food with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You will love itJonnyBDined on 7/8/2014In town from Denver with the family and we had a fantastic dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fog Harbor FantasticBonesDined on 7/7/2014My Wife and I flew down to hook up with my cousins from Walnut Creek and my Wifes Brother and his Family who are From Brandford Harbor, Conn.I'm from a fishing town- Astoria, Oregon- also known as little San Francisco. We were all raised on Fishing Boats and Seafood. We're all also sorry to say we had to go to San Francisco and Fog Harbor Fish House for probably the best Seafood we'd ever had- seriously- The Salmon was perfect, the Oysters yummy, the Fish and Chips-ya baby. The only complaint, we were in the back dining room and it gets a little warm. The cost for 9 people was considerable but divided by 9 it was quite reasonable overall. We recommended it, especially the Clam Chowder- to everyone we talked to at our Hotel.Special Features:
- 4th of JulyDesertFlowerDined on 7/4/2014I could only get a reservation for 3 pm, and it was so worth it. Excellent food (we went for seafood of course), personable service, the hostess was a master juggler of people, our waiter gave good recommendations for choices. It was a wonderful dining experience with a great view.Special Features:
- CindyDined on 6/29/2014Excellent food and service. Very accomodating. Great views!Special Features:
- Remarkable viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014Very good seafood, but pricey and not outstanding. Overworked staff. But a table along the window at sunset is just a stunningly fine place for dinner. Reserved through OpenTable and the 9:15 reservation was ready exactly on time with a choice table.
- Fog Harbor Fish House YUMMMMfatty4lifeDined on 6/24/2014Came by after work with my bestie to just relax and talk... The food was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD. My absolute favorite was the clam chowder, but the mussels and the calamari were to die for as well. We were seated by the window so the view was so gorgeous! :3Special Features:
- mojodineDined on 6/22/2014Great location on pier 39 in San Francisco in spite of being in a tourist trap area. The restaurant came across very well with service and delectability. The down side was the crab cakes were mediocre, too much filler but the swordfish and calamari were fantastic, moist and flavorful!Special Features:
- BirthdayHawaiianBornDined on 6/22/2014The table was decorated with a Happy Birthday which totally got me excited. The food and service was Fantastic!!!Special Features:
- Worst service experience of my lifeeliseDined on 6/21/2014We were so excited to eat here on the first day of our trip. I booked the table with a note that my sister has a food allergy. When we were seated, she informed the waitress she had a soy allergy and asked for the sauce of our appetizer to be on the side since it contained the allergen. When it came out, it was not on the side, so we sent it back. Our waitress went on break, so a new waitress brought it back, put it on our table and very insistently told us it was fine. After a debate, she reluctantly took it back. Then another staff member brought it back again and had the same debate with us. At that point, my sister was humiliated and started to tear up. Whether a necessity or a request, it should have just been put on the side.
- Great seafood and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/20/2014Had the Pacific sole and was grilled perfectly. My guests had the linguine and the halibut (special for day) and all of us thoroughly enjoyed our food. All 3 items were recommended by our waiter. The wine we had which was also recommended went perfectly with our seafood selections. Waiter and manager checked on us regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in tourist-townJMinSFVIPDined on 6/18/2014I do not expect to eat good food at Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39 and the like -- and so Fog Harbor Fish House, which I selected for a special dinner on Thursday night on the advice of a friend, was a delightful surprise. Excellent service, far-better-than-average food... a very positive experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fishDiamondsintheroughDined on 6/18/2014My wife and I celebrated a wedding anniversary here. I noted that event when I made the reservation. Got special attention. But best was the salmon and ahi tuna we ordered. Both meals were outstanding. Highly recommend this restaurant. We were a bit skeptical about Fisferman's Wharf and Pier 39 because of the touristy nature, but Fog Harbor was a terrific experience. Recommend making reservations since on a Wednesday night the place was very busy.Special Features:
- Excellent food and nice viewsepBillDined on 6/16/2014Had the signature shellfish platter and also tried the halibut and grilled shrimp that others ordered. The seafood was all high quality and prepared as well as any place I've been to on either coast. Service was great with the right balance of attentiveness without being overbearing. Great sourdough bread too. Best balance of high quality and reasonable prices we experienced all week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pier 39 RestaurantyupikwolfDined on 6/16/2014Fog Harbor Fish House was an excellent choice for my 55th Birthday. The portions were generous and tasty. I had the crab louis salad and couldn't finish because there so much crab on the salad. The crab was perfect. I highly recommend it, especially, if like us, we were doing other activities at Pier 39.Special Features:
- Perfect View and locationGreatPlaceForTheViewDined on 6/15/2014It's been an amazing experience to dine here. We've had a really long flight from the other side of the earth and had this amazing dinner at this place. Our fatigue disappeared as soon as we got here. However, I have to say that the service level didn't really match the place and the price we paid. They should spend a little more of their spirit on the quality of that.Special Features: