Fog Harbor Fish House
Pier 39 #A-202
San Francisco, CA 94133Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Fog Harbor Fish House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fogharborfishhouse.com/
- Phone: (415) 421-2442
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Adolfo Soto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Fog Harbor Fish House is the perfect place for group dining, special corporate events and tour groups.
The Sea Lion Room is a beautiful room with stunning views of Alcatraz Island, the Golden Gate Bridge and the PIER 39 sea lions. This room accommodates 52 guests comfortably.
We also have the Alcatraz Room that will accommodate 56 guests and has great views of the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco Bay.
• We offer both pre-designed group and custom menus available for lunch or dinner.
• We feature a three-course price fix menu.
• We offer a special set menu or breakfast buffet for groups of 25 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Jane O’Donnell 8886346658
- Cross Street: Embarcadero
- Public Transit: F-line,10 & 15 stops right in front of PIER 39.
MUNI & Cable Cars: 415.673.6864
Alameda/Oakland Ferry: 510.522.3300
Vallejo Ferry: 415.705.5444
Sausalito & Tiburon Ferry: 415.705.5444
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: PIER 39 has convenient parking in the PIER 39 Garage, located directly across the street from the Entrance Plaza. Restaurant patrons who dine with us receive one hour free validated parking at lunch and two hours free validated parking after 6 pm for dinner.
A word from Fog Harbor Fish House
Fog Harbor Fish House is a classic San Francisco seafood restaurant. Their menu showcases a large variety of fresh seafood delivered daily and also features non seafood items that change seasonally. They are proud to be the first restaurant on Fisherman's Wharf to serve 100% sustainable seafood. The classic, comfortable dining room features panoramic views of Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco Bay, Alcatraz and The Golden Gate Bridge. It is part of the family owned Simco Restaurant Group, which has operated high quality, award winning seafood restaurants in San Francisco for over 30 years. Fog Harbor Fish House is located on the water, upper level at the entrance to San Francisco's PIER 39. Click the following link to view our short video of how their 100% sustainable seafood goes from the ocean to your plate. http://youtu.be/2QFUf16bcSMContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Fog Harbor Fish House - Best Restaurants in Fisherman's Wharf ›
Fog Harbor Fish House reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (99)special occasion (58)great for lunch (44)good for groups (40)fit for foodies (34)romantic (34)kid-friendly (26)hot spot (17)great for brunch (15)notable wine list (12)neighborhood gem (11)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for outdoor dining (8)Show More
- Good but not greatDeniseDined on 11/20/2014The place is nice. The food is good, but not great! We shared a entree. It was very big. But i dind't like foodSpecial Features:
- GREAT FOODloveopentableDined on 11/20/2014I HAD VISITORS FROM SOUTH AMERICA, I TOOK THEM THERE AND THEY LOVED THE FOOD, THE TURIST AREA AND OVERALL THEY WERE HAPPY BECAUSE I TOOK THEM TO FOG HARBOR FISH HOUSE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/19/2014We went there for dinner with my daughter and my husband. They serve immediately my daughter which I really appreciate that and we enjoy a good bottle of wine and a delicious steam crab fresh from the ocean. Very friendly staff, very clean and the view is an amazing. Very good experience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisy machines coming from bar area;noisy childrenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014food was tasty yet overpriced you are paying for viewSpecial Features:
- EXCELLENT FOOD,MANAGER,AMBIANCE,ATMOSPHERE ETC!ROSEDined on 11/16/2014Had a wonderful time celebrating with friends! Everything was perfect, just had 1 mishap but the manager named Seth was so attentive and managed the situation with excellence! I HAVE BEEN COMING HERE 25 YEARS.. this was my 26th. The calamari is always excellent, linguini with fresh clams perfectly done well, not full of butter and greasy like other places. Excellent sourdough bread, piping hot and perfectly baked. Petrale Sole oh so tasty, nestled in a bed of green spinach and soft luscious fingerling potatoes! The best flavorful clam chowder to die for! OH SO GOOD, Then came the dessert to end and top off the delicious dinner! My 2 favorites.. Creme Brulee so delicate and such a soft smooth texture that just melts in your mouth! The other dessert was my 2nd favorite! A Blondie..that consists of a crusted baked golden batter with a blast of exciting flavors and texture that burst into your mouth.. ah so heavenly! I must say one thing the food here is always consistent and even though I commute all the way from Union City and cross the Bay Bridge..well it is all worth it for everything I have mentioned..Excellent food, Ambiance,Atmosphere,View Location and The Manager is just so great! I also forgot to mention I had a hi ball for my cocktail, was great too but next time I will mention to put it in a taller glass that is why they call it a hi ball. Well I feel very happy to say it was such a pleasure to meet Seth the manager and with further ado will continue to return as I do every year! Thank you for such a great lunch! Fog harbor fish house is one of my favorite Restaurants! Be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fisherman's Wharf SpotSargeVIPDined on 11/15/2014Great experience and great service from our waitress. Had seafood platter w/1/2 crab, shrimp, mussels, and clams w/ lots of garlic butter sauce. $36 for 1, but plenty to eat. Very nice calamari app w/ great olio or special Jalapeno olio. Great large lobster tail, very large hamburger (yeh I know, at a fish house) enough for two meals, and a loaded crab salad w/ ceaser dressing. Nice view just about anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and viewBettinaDined on 11/14/2014We had a wonderful lunch with a lovely view, celebrating a friends birthday. The crab rolls were delicious, and the waiter kindly offered a salad instead of the fries. We were also very pleasantly surprised to receive a delicious and festive birthday dessert! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional on the wharfJdalyDined on 11/8/2014The service and food were more than exceptional. The Alcatraz Escape is absolutely recommended, also the Lombard Lemonade. I will absolutely be back to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went back twice in a week.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014Went with wife, and the took customers. Everyone enjoyed the food and service . Tables are a bit small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Efficient but unfriendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014With only one night in SF we wanted our dinner to be very special (Oct.31st). It is right in tourist trap zone but the resto is upstairs with a very nice sitting area by a fireplace. The resto is huge but about half was closed off (we could only get a reservation for 9:30, so that was a bit frustrating). The waiter was quite efficient but in a huge rush, backing away before we could finish our sentences. The cocktail of the evening (a Moscow Mule) was very good, fresh hot bread was served and my appetizer (the poke) was good. My husband had the stuffed lobster tail which was really lacking in meat and not even close to worth the cost of $35. Really overrated from our perspective, especially with the copious options for fantastic food in SF.Special Features:
- Anniversary mealPat55Dined on 10/31/2014Staff couldn't have been nicer. They gave us a table by the window then wrote a tablecloth wishing us a happy anniversary! They were very accommodating about what we wanted to eat too and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!debakerDined on 10/27/2014This was our anniversary dinner and we were traveling. I looked up several restaurants and this had the best menu. We loved the dinner and the view was beautiful.Special Features:
- Nice dinner with the kidsExPatriotDined on 10/27/2014Was in San Francisco with the family for my husband's work conference. Wanted to enjoy the water view as much as we could so we booked a reservation at the Fog Harbor Fish. The appetizers were excellent - had the special crab and risotto fritters and the clams. Entrees were ok - had the Cioppino and steak (I know it was a seafood place). Cioppino had good flavor and fresh tasting seafood - the steak was only ok. Overall a great experience at a tourist trap restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2014Everything was great! Great service food, and view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for seafood & best view in SFmimi56augustaDined on 10/26/2014We wanted a great restaurant at the Wharf for our last night in San Francisco. Fog Harbor did not disappoint! Friendly staff, great views and fabulous seafood. We had a relaxing meal and did not feel rushed. Restaurant was clean, well run and easy to access.Special Features:
- Wonderful!JeenDined on 10/25/2014Had a great view, an awesome meal and really amazing service from Niessa. All of the staff seemed very pleasant and looked happy to be there. (Nothing worse than coming out for a nice dinner and getting servers who are unhappy and letting it show) While it's in a "touristy" area, I would not hesitate to come back here. We were celebrating a birthday, and it was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marieDined on 10/24/2014We arrive at the restaurant got a table by the window very pleasant view. We ordered drinks and appetizer and ask to take our time in between courses which didn't happened. We have not been served or asked for water . The food was very dry not very tasty, I don't think they serve fresh fish or seafood. the service wasn't friendly . I wouldn't go or recommend the restaurant .Special Features:
- Great local restaurantSimplythebestDined on 10/21/2014Read reviews on open table and booked. Was true to reviews and enjoyed very good food, efficient and vibrant service and would return or recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pier 39 place to EatDJPoreviewsDined on 10/18/2014Loved this restaurant. Everything was perfect....we loved the view from our window seat location. They accommodated us early. We had made a 5:30 reservation and were hungry at 3:30 so we asked and they changed our reservation. Food was exceptionally good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!myselfDined on 10/17/2014This restaurant has some great food choices. The drinks my boyfriend and i had were really good. Definitely would go back there again. Very romantic!Special Features:
- Really GoodelwademdDined on 10/17/2014I was in town with my girlfriend for the Nike Women's half marathon. So we wanted some seafood a few days prior to the race. The meal did not disappoint - we started with the clam chowder, which was spot on. I had the seafood mixed grill - salmon, swordfish, shrimp, broccoli, red pepper, and garlic mashed potatoes. She had a special - lobster and squash ravioli. Both of us thought our food was very good. I tasted hers and was impressed. We passed on dessert, simply because it didn't fit her food requirements pre race (she's pretty competitive), but the options looked very good. We also had some non alcoholic drinks which were pretty tasty. The service was great. If I lived here, I would definitely return.
- Pleasant SurpriseLMNYCTPAVIPDined on 10/13/2014I wasn't expecting such a good place in the tourist trap section of Fisherman's Wharf -but we were pleasantly surprised that For Harbor was very good. The staff is professional and knowledgeable. The drink selection and food was very good - sticking to local options - we weren't disappointed and if you are lucky enough to get a table near the window (we were) you will have a nice view to enjoy your meal.Special Features:
- Great food, Beautiful Setting!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014The food was wonderful and the location is great! Right on Pier 39 and right on the water with a view of the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatLovelifelovefoodDined on 10/8/2014I had the combo menu clam chowder in signature bread bowl and green salad with grilled crab. Food was great and further more, I was impressed with the Hawaiian waiter there. He was very professional, calm and smooth. Also, since I was travellong alone, he came up to me and had nice chat about SF. Even made a great recommendations for more restaurants! It was perfect experience :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/6/2014What a great place! The food and service was outstanding! Sat at the bar until our table was ready and the bartenders were very entertaining! We were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and they suggested some good cocktails to try! Will go back to this restaurant next time we are in town!Special Features:
- Large Group for Sunday BrunchPhilVIPDined on 10/5/2014This restaurant on Pier 39 has a great view of Fisherman's Wharf, Golden Gate Bridge, etc. They accommodated our group of 13 with no fuss whatsoever. The server was knowledgeable, pleasant and met all of our requests quickly. I would say our event at Fog Harbor Fish House was exceptional.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2014Pleasant dinner after the Alcatraz Tour. The Clam chowder was creamy and loaded with clams but the dinners were average - nothing special or memorableSpecial Features:
- Great dinnerkirkDined on 9/30/2014We were from out of town, and took some customers who were also from out of town. Wanted seafood with a good view. This was great for both. We also had some eaters that are picky in terms of quality, and this place had great food! Everyone was happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go on a weekday nightfood4funDined on 9/29/2014Located in a busy tourist areas so you might be turned off going on a weekend. But during the week this location provides a romantic dinner with wonderful views of the bay. Not terribly busy either. Food was good and desserts were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/23/2014View was great but food was a disappointment. Both of us had crab cakes that were more filler than crab. If you go for the view, stay away from the crab cakes!Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyTwoCUsDined on 9/11/2014The view at Fog Harbor is nice - but the food was nothing special. We felt rushed - but at the same time neglected by the staff. It took three tries for me to get a glass of water. When I asked our main waiter for it - he said he was going on break and someone else would need to get it because it wasn't his job. I had a $38 entree - lobster and crab special - which was rich - but small in portion size and not that impressive. While Fishermen's Wharf is fun to walk around and explore - head into the quaint nearby neighborhoods for your dining experience.Special Features:
- AWESOME service, food was just okayScroogeDined on 9/10/2014Awesome Service, wonderful view, but the food was just fair. I you just wanted a couple of drinks, the blue cheese garlic bread and a nice view this is a good place, the SERVICE is simply AWESOME!!! If you wanted a light meal, mine was just okay, but not good enough for me to go back for.Special Features:
- Great place to eat with viewkathgirl6432Dined on 9/9/2014While visiting San Francisco my daughter and I decided we would have one night for a nice dinner. Booked on line and the only reservation available was 930 p.m. We accepted that time knowing I would be limited to what I could eat. We arrived and the place was almost empty. Made me realize that a earlier reservation should have been possible. I order salad with crab and my daughter order garlic crab dinner. Great presentation for dessert menu. Service was good, food was good, bill was hefty for what we got. Did not exceed our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem on Pier 39.FoodpornmakerfromWIDined on 9/8/2014Thought that we might be in a tourist trap given the location but boy were we wrong! Awesome blue cheese on the salad. LOVED the halibut special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view of the BayDanaVIPDined on 9/7/2014Enjoyed this restaurant, once again. I had the clam chowder and scallops. My daughter always has the ginger lemonade. I plan to go back on my next trip to San Francisco.Special Features:
- Great Seafood with Golden Gate ViewAnnieDined on 9/6/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in the city and well-located to enjoy Pier 39 and the Wharf too. The hot sourdough, excellent clam chowder, fresh salads and seafood and wonderful service keep us coming back. Best of all, every window looks out at Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge! For birthdays, they serve a complimentary dessert to the guest of honor with their name written in chocolate on the plate. Very nice!Special Features:
- Wonerful ExperienceHIDEDined on 9/6/2014We celebrated my own birthday and enjoyed lots of delicious food. Addtionally met lots of friends at restaurant who enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!luv4foodDined on 9/5/2014This was our first time to San Francisco and the Fog Harbor did not disappoint! Upon arrival the hostess sat us at a fantastic table overlooking the water and Alcatraz. The food and service was top notch! A must visit at Fisherman's Wharf!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out for the daylovelunchDined on 9/5/2014We took our 92 year old mother for lunch on a beautiful day in San Francisco. Too bad the food had no flavor. A pile of shredded lettuce with tasteless shrimp. Two of us had the shrimp louie salad, and it was one of the worst shrimp Louie's I have ever had. Thinking we would all have some type of fish (since we were in the city) we quickly discovered that it wasn't the item to order on their menu at all. Even the thousand island dressing was off. It was orange in color and too sweet. I had to ask for lemon twice. We did have a window seat which was nice. We would choose another restaurant in the area over Fog Harbor Fish House with our next visit to San Francisco.Special Features:
- Nice lunch on Pier 39FatAliDined on 8/28/2014Nice location to have a quick lunch in on the Pier. Nice staff, Basic menu. Would recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.