Fog Harbor Fish House
Pier 39 #A-202
San Francisco, CA 94133Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Fog Harbor Fish House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fogharborfishhouse.com/
- Phone: (415) 421-2442
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Adolfo Soto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Fog Harbor Fish House is the perfect place for group dining, special corporate events and tour groups.
The Sea Lion Room is a beautiful room with stunning views of Alcatraz Island, the Golden Gate Bridge and the PIER 39 sea lions. This room accommodates 52 guests comfortably.
We also have the Alcatraz Room that will accommodate 56 guests and has great views of the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco Bay.
• We offer both pre-designed group and custom menus available for lunch or dinner.
• We feature a three-course price fix menu.
• We offer a special set menu or breakfast buffet for groups of 25 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Jane O’Donnell 8886346658
- Cross Street: Embarcadero
- Public Transit: F-line,10 & 15 stops right in front of PIER 39.
MUNI & Cable Cars: 415.673.6864
Alameda/Oakland Ferry: 510.522.3300
Vallejo Ferry: 415.705.5444
Sausalito & Tiburon Ferry: 415.705.5444
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: PIER 39 has convenient parking in the PIER 39 Garage, located directly across the street from the Entrance Plaza. Restaurant patrons who dine with us receive one hour free validated parking at lunch and two hours free validated parking after 6 pm for dinner.
A word from Fog Harbor Fish House
Fog Harbor Fish House is a classic San Francisco seafood restaurant. Their menu showcases a large variety of fresh seafood delivered daily and also features non seafood items that change seasonally. They are proud to be the first restaurant on Fisherman's Wharf to serve 100% sustainable seafood. The classic, comfortable dining room features panoramic views of Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco Bay, Alcatraz and The Golden Gate Bridge. It is part of the family owned Simco Restaurant Group, which has operated high quality, award winning seafood restaurants in San Francisco for over 30 years. Fog Harbor Fish House is located on the water, upper level at the entrance to San Francisco's PIER 39. Click the following link to view our short video of how their 100% sustainable seafood goes from the ocean to your plate. http://youtu.be/2QFUf16bcSMContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Fog Harbor Fish House - Best Restaurants in Fisherman's Wharf ›
Fog Harbor Fish House reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (102)special occasion (62)great for lunch (46)good for groups (42)romantic (37)fit for foodies (35)kid-friendly (27)hot spot (18)great for brunch (18)notable wine list (14)neighborhood gem (12)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for outdoor dining (8)Show More
- Great seafood and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/20/2014Had the Pacific sole and was grilled perfectly. My guests had the linguine and the halibut (special for day) and all of us thoroughly enjoyed our food. All 3 items were recommended by our waiter. The wine we had which was also recommended went perfectly with our seafood selections. Waiter and manager checked on us regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in tourist-townJMinSFVIPDined on 6/18/2014I do not expect to eat good food at Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39 and the like -- and so Fog Harbor Fish House, which I selected for a special dinner on Thursday night on the advice of a friend, was a delightful surprise. Excellent service, far-better-than-average food... a very positive experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fishDiamondsintheroughDined on 6/18/2014My wife and I celebrated a wedding anniversary here. I noted that event when I made the reservation. Got special attention. But best was the salmon and ahi tuna we ordered. Both meals were outstanding. Highly recommend this restaurant. We were a bit skeptical about Fisferman's Wharf and Pier 39 because of the touristy nature, but Fog Harbor was a terrific experience. Recommend making reservations since on a Wednesday night the place was very busy.Special Features:
- Excellent food and nice viewsepBillDined on 6/16/2014Had the signature shellfish platter and also tried the halibut and grilled shrimp that others ordered. The seafood was all high quality and prepared as well as any place I've been to on either coast. Service was great with the right balance of attentiveness without being overbearing. Great sourdough bread too. Best balance of high quality and reasonable prices we experienced all week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pier 39 RestaurantyupikwolfDined on 6/16/2014Fog Harbor Fish House was an excellent choice for my 55th Birthday. The portions were generous and tasty. I had the crab louis salad and couldn't finish because there so much crab on the salad. The crab was perfect. I highly recommend it, especially, if like us, we were doing other activities at Pier 39.Special Features:
- Perfect View and locationGreatPlaceForTheViewDined on 6/15/2014It's been an amazing experience to dine here. We've had a really long flight from the other side of the earth and had this amazing dinner at this place. Our fatigue disappeared as soon as we got here. However, I have to say that the service level didn't really match the place and the price we paid. They should spend a little more of their spirit on the quality of that.Special Features:
- Great seafoodAnniDined on 6/15/2014My crab Louie was overflowing with fresh crab. My friend's cioppino was tasty, with a lot of seafood and not overpowered by tomato taste. He couldn't even finish it!Special Features:
- I am a local resident and Fogbobbie26Dined on 6/14/2014Harbor is a fsvorite for myself as well as my friends.The food is consistently good a service is excellent.Have been going there since it opened.Great place in a tourist area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Gem of Fisherman's WharfSuemaloDined on 6/13/2014We flew into SF from NJ for an overnight, on our way to Hawaii. We chose Fog Harbor House because of excellent reviews, their sustainable fish program, amazing views and their Ciopinno sounded amazing! The Ciopinno, Ahi & Calamari lived up to all the reviews! The Red Chili Paste Garlic Shrimp was the best Shrimp appetizer I ever had! Other members in our party really loved the Clam Chowder as well. Desserts were equally as good! Our waiter was excellent: attentive, courteous, funny and enjoyable. Fog Harbor is clearly "The Gem of the Wharf"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great placeJazmagicDined on 6/11/2014Service was slow. Lobster was too hard to crack and then when they took it back in to open it up, what came out was a paltry, extremely overpriced portion. Touristy and unremarkable.
- Food Good - Service RushedDaiseeDined on 6/7/2014Our party of three (with reservation) was looking forward to a relaxed dinner after a long day of travel (from Boston) and sightseeing. We were approached very quickly by our server and approached again several times soon after asking if we were ready to place our order. Reluctantly, we ordered a glass of wine each, appetizers and, dinner hoping to slow things down so we could relax and have a leisurely dinner. Apps arrived before our wine - disappointing. While we were still working on the apps, dinners arrived! We had one drink, apps, dinner and $250 tab in 1 hr. and 15 min. and we were out the door. Food was very good - the rushed service was very uncomfortable - not what we had planned. Would not return for such a rushed meal!Special Features:
- Nice place to relax over dinnerGorgeousGeorgeDined on 6/7/2014Surf and Turf was delicious... But the prices was a little high overallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingnothardtopleaseDined on 6/6/2014We chose this restaurant because of it's walking distance from our hotel, the menu, and it's reviews from another site. First it didn't recognize our reservation made through Open Table however we didn't have to wait too long for a table. We ordered crab cakes for an appetizer and the mixed seafood grill for our entree. Both selections were bland and disappointing. The swordfish as well as the salmon were overcooked and drenched in butter. Our waiter never returned after taking our order until we were finished. Our water was never refilled until the manager stopped by toward the end to ask how everything was. The only redeeming part of this meal was our seat by the window overlooking the harbor.
- Great timeandieDined on 6/6/2014Everything was great except for when we went to check in. The Open Table system that we booked thru wasnt working, so they did not have our time change that was done. They only had the original message. We had to wait an extra 1/2 hour for a table, but they made good.Special Features:
- Playing Tourist in San FranciscoFood4FoodiesVIPDined on 6/3/2014Hostess led us to a fabulous window table with an excellent view of Alcatraz and the bay. Enjoyed the beautiful view on a clear sunny day. Started off with lightly fried calamari and a cup of mighty thick clam chowder...both tasty and good. Complimentary sour dough bread was warm and crunchy. A generous portion slab of grilled salmon with spring greens salad was light and refreshing. The seafood linguine contains an abundance of fish and shellfish...rich and content. Waitress was professional and knowledgeable, perfect for the job. Service was quick and efficient. Dining room is large and spacious. Wait staff is friendly. Had a very satisfying meal...will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- San Francisco TreatLennyDined on 6/2/2014The restaurant is inviting from the moment you approach. A very busy environment, yet the service and food were outstanding. Our 1st time dining and we will certainly return on our next visit.Special Features:
- Not What We Had HopedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014We had planned our last evening in SF having dinner there. We were seated on time at what appeared to be a nice table with a view. There were two main issues for us. We had just taken an emergency phone call when the server arrived so we said we would like to have an appetizer and enjoy some wine before we order dinner. She came back quickly and was visibly annoyed we had not ordered entrees yet. The biggest issue was the large party next to us. They absolutely ruined our dinner. They were loud, had kids running all over the place and bumped our table too many times to be counted. The sad part was all of the staff, including mgrs. could tell this was happening and no one did anything. To top it off the crab cakes were not good.Special Features:
- The view covers many short-comingsIlrf1Dined on 5/23/2014This is a restaurant at the base of pure 39. The view is spectacular of the bay. Unfortunately the food does not live up to the gorgeous view. Fresh salmon was tasteless and trenched in butter despite the request to have it on the side. Clamchowder was good but over salted. Sourdough bread was outstanding, but this is not difficult in this locale. I should say the manager realized something was amiss and did not charge for the salmon. Ok for pier 39, but so many better choices in the city.Special Features:
- Nice Dinner at Per 39LisaDined on 5/23/2014We enjoyed good food and drink overlooking the water. Service good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fog harborcafedinnerDined on 5/22/2014This place was located in a nice area. We enjoy the food and the service was great.Special Features:
- DoroxDined on 5/22/2014Very good food for such a touristic place, nice ambiance, very short waiting time with reservation.Special Features:
- ConstanceDined on 5/18/2014Although the service and views were excellent, the seafood dishes we ordered were very disappointing. Raw oysters seemed less than fresh, crab avocado salad tasted like mush, cioppino was tasteless and chewy, ahi not fresh tasting.Special Features:
- Good restaurant in a good placeSeyrakDined on 5/17/2014The food was really good. We had some starters and then fish mixed,it was very good. It's a nice place in pier 39 with viewz to Alcatraz. I'll repeat again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayFellForTheTouristTrapDined on 5/15/2014The food was a little disappointing for the price. Service was really, really, really slow. For a party of 11, we were seated at 1230 and didn't finish lunch until 245pm, and that was just ordering one dish per person and a beer or glass of wine. We ordered drinks first and even that was really slow. We didn't do multiple courses or desserts. The restaurant was not overbooked or overwhelmingly busy; there were plenty of empty tables, so I don't understand why the service was so slow for the volume of people they had. The only thing nice about the restaurant was the view of the pier. It's definitely just a tourist trap.Special Features:
- lilsis07Dined on 5/14/2014We had a great time the only thing was my mom's stake was dry, but they took it off the bill.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantBennieDined on 5/11/2014The service was attentive and the food was delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great meal on the wharf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreAnpoDined on 5/11/2014Food was nothing special. Pasta with chicken tasted a little like fish. Fried calamari were tasteless. Fried fish was good.Special Features:
- Mothers DayMason4VIPDined on 5/11/2014We went into the city for Mothers Day and overall had a great experience. We were disrupted by a couple causing a a disturbance with foul language trying to get a free meal. I must say the GM handled the situation with great restraint and kept it from ruining the special day for all of us. Our server seemed to be a new staff member and was the one being blamed for the poor service but through it all she kept her composure and was very attentive during our dinner. The only complaint we had was with the scallop appetizer which came out fried like popcorn chicken rather than actual scallops. It would have been nice to know prior to ordering. Other than that great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day!KeiKei22Dined on 5/11/2014First there were 6, 9 and finally 14. They were able to accommodate us. The food was GREAT!!! We wanted to try a little of everything. I liked the Blue Cheese Garlic Bread, Crispy Bay Scallops and Crispy Lemon Calamari! One party member ordered the Clam Chowder, he wished for a larger bowl. The Crab Louis Salad, Mixed Grill, Fish & Chips and Crab Cake Entrée looked splendid but by the time our food came we were full off of appetizers. But we all had to taste a little of our main dishes before packing them away in boxes. The cocktails were unexpectedly good as well. I had the Alcatraz Escape…try it if you like a little sweetness in your life. We would love to return to the restaurant but hopefully not on a crazy weekend such as Mother’s Day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, food just okMichaelBDined on 5/11/2014Our first time to the Fog Harbor Fish Market is a mixed review. First let me say that the service was outstanding. Our server was very attentive and never left us wanting for anything. Both my brother in-law and myself had the surf and turf which consisted of a 10 ounce New York Steak, half lobster tail partially stuffed with crab, garlic mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. My sister went with the lobster tail (same side dishes) and my mother the crab louie. We all started with cups of clam chowder which were wonderful. Both steaks were delicious and cooked to perfection. However, all three of the lobsters were rubbery and flavorless making the overall experience somewhat disappointing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/11/2014Food portions are good. Nice view. Good restaurant to go to if looking for a nice restaurant to eat at at Pier 39.Special Features:
- BottlesDined on 5/10/2014Having read reviews before leaving England I booked the restaurant for a birthday celebration and was very happy with all aspects of the meal, table allocation service and ambience. Well done FHFH!! Michael and Kathie Botley, Bath, EnglandSpecial Features:
- DisapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/7/2014Had reservation-was sat at high top in the bar! REALLY? Asked to be moved-told it would be a little bit-um hello I had a reservation! Once moved-waiter was impatient and rushed us thru ordering. Took half the tables appitizer order and then left. Food came out staggered. Was not enjoyable. Better places to goSpecial Features:
- Romantic Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014We celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary at the Fog House Fish House in SF. The romantic mood is set from the minute you walk up to their door with a large outdoor fireplace. Per our Open Table request, we were seated at a window table for two overlooking the harbor with views of Alcatraz Island. Mike, the waiter was attentive, jovial and treated us to a drink and dessert. The food was delicious, plentiful and reasonably priced. Dinner included two hours free parking in the garage across the street with a 3rd floor foot bridge that ends at their doorstep! We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience, great foodLeciaDined on 5/3/2014A group of 21 of us came in to Fog Harbor Fish House to dine on May 3. Prior to our trip, most places I'd checked into wanted us to have a 'special' menu, reserve our own room, etc. Not Fog Harbor - they took great care of us. We were able to sit our large party at two tables, side by side, tweens at one table with adults at the other. Our waitress was wonderful about checking with us to see if we wanted to put the kids' orders in before ours, whether we wanted her to offer dessert to them later, whether we wanted separate checks - she was fantastic! Drinks were prompt, food was prompt and everything was delicious. I can't say enough good things about our experience.Special Features:
- FriendlyandfunyummyhealthyDined on 4/28/2014Our waiter was the best. The view was beautiful. We had a pleasant experience. Our table was ready and the cioppino was delicious.Special Features:
- Wonderful view and very good foodPGatesDined on 4/27/2014We enjoyed this restaurant even though it appeared to be more touristy than not. We had a very nice dinner with a fantastic view of the harbor. The service was very informative and warm. I'd recommend folks try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food, view and serviceNunoVIPDined on 4/27/2014I really enjoyed the food and the service over there. I had lobster and it was very good. The view is also very nice.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantmimiDined on 4/26/2014I ordered the garlic crab and I thought the crab would have tasted better, is was kinda dry and bland but the overall restaurant was nice.Special Features:
- YumLuvfoodDined on 4/26/2014We took out son for his 21st Bday where he bellied up to a serious plate of shellfish yumminess. Took him awhile, but he got there. Everything was delicious. We had the Mixed Gril - highly recommend. The garlic mashed potatoes were good, but a little too light (too much water or milk) and not so "garlicky." I couldn't really taste the garlic. But all the fish and shellfish was cooked to perfection. The view of the bay made it a great experience. Service was good enough - attentive, but lacking personality and when made a mistake, wouldn't admit it or apologize (not my favorite). But nothing big enough to ruin the experience - friendly enough. I've been to many restaurants around Pier 39, and by far this was my favorite so far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.