26 Church St.
Liberty Corner, NJ 07938Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.focacceria26.com/
- Phone: 9086042440
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm,
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Nicholas Berisha
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Catering options are available. Please call the restaurant directly and ask to speak with Nicholas.
- Private Party Contact: Nicholas Berisha 9086042440
A word from Focacceria Ristorante
Part of what makes a dining experience special is ambiance. Now is the perfect time to enjoy an amazing meal in our quaint and charming home-like atmosphere. It’s the perfect setting to enjoy a real gourmet Italian meal. Outside seating is on a first-come first-serve basis.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Focacceria Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Basking Ridge ›
Focacceria Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (62)neighborhood gem (54)fit for foodies (35)special occasion (30)romantic (22)good for groups (21)great for lunch (10)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- This is a regular for us.LovetodineDined on 9/12/2014The inside dining room is pleasant but small. We prefer to eat outside in the nice weather. It is a pleasant country setting and off the road far enough so that traffic is not an issue. The food and service is consistently good. Being a BYO is a bonus! My only negative is that some of the outdoor seats face an outdoor spotlight which shines directly in your face. This happened to me once, and to my husband just a few nights ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great OutdoorsConmanVIPDined on 9/5/2014Awesome food with and even better scene. Outdoor dining is the best, and BYOB makes worth it. Food and service top notch.Special Features:
- Consistently good.Ridge1127Dined on 8/30/2014We have been dining at Focacceria since it opened. The food and service has terrific and the outdoor patio is a real treat in the summer months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Lunchluv2lunchDined on 8/29/2014Enjoyed on a delicious lunch on the outdoor patio. Food and service both to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014Outstanding food, service, and ambiance. Outside patio is lovely in a nice evening. The inside dining rooms are also very cozy. I highly recommend the eggplant lasagna! For dessert, the chocolate cake with hazelnut gelato is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014One of the best BYO's around. The food was excellent with good seasonal options. We had no problem with service. it was quick and professional.Special Features:
- Back againluv2eatDined on 8/24/2014Great outdoor setting. Keep going back. A very enjoyable dining experienceSpecial Features:
- FttdoDined on 8/23/2014Excellent as usual. Very attentive service, never rushed and a delicious meal. All four of us were very satisfied, loved the short ribs!Special Features:
- Enjoyable BirthdayMartinHDined on 8/22/2014Wonderful experience, both the food and service. Waiter brought dessert with a lighted candle when we mentioned this was a birthday celebration.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014I loved the food. Portions were huge. Service was very good and friendly. Tables outside are a little close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great RestaurantBuffetGuyVIPDined on 8/14/2014My wife and I have been aware of this neighborhood restaurant for a long time and finally had dinner there. We shouldn't have waited so long. Figs wrapped in prosciutto with added ricotta cheese and then baked was remarkable. The eggplant parmigiana was so fine that it was like eating the dish for the first time. The salmon entree accompanied by grapefruit segments was a find. And the highlight of the dinner was a table-side preparation of zabaglione cascading over mixed berries in a tall glass. We've had this dessert before but nothing to match this gem. A special restaurant, worth going to for any occasion.Special Features:
- Great Italian in Liberty CornerShoes63Dined on 8/13/2014I absolutely love this restaurant and frequent it often. The waitstaff are attentive and friendly. The specials are very good and change with the availability of items. Spicy Calamari is a fantastic appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- they were clearly overwhelmedPCfromBRDined on 8/9/2014The service was good, as was the food. We received our apps in a timely fashion, but waited a good 45 minutes or so for dinner to arrive after we finished our apps. Twice the waiter came to the table and said it would be 'just a few more minutes, the kitchen is backed up'. We waited almost 30 minutes from the first time he said this. I think they simply had too many diners for the kitchen to handle. They should have spread the reservations out.Special Features:
- One of Our FavoritesMeisterNJDined on 8/9/2014We love this place. Great for outdoor dining. Service is exceptional. Food is always fresh and flavorful. The black linguine with shrimp fra diavolo is my favorite.Special Features:
- Not sure if we will return...DSCthDined on 8/8/2014We have been to this restaurant many times and totally enjoyed the food and service. Last Friday they booked a rehearsal dinner in a private room for which they were totally unprepared. Consequently, all regular diners were waiting hours for their food, some of which came out cold anyway. The staff tried extremely hard to rectify things with lots of apologies but to no avail. The couple next to us got so upset they actually walked out after their first course. I didn't really blame them. They waited at least 1 1/2 hours before the waiter came to their table and advised them that one of the entrees they had ordered was now unavailable. The featured entree I wanted was also unavailable but at least they told me at the beginning. Really sad!Special Features:
- Favorite place had an off eveningbirdsthewordVIPDined on 8/8/2014We always love our evenings at FR, so we brought friends for the first time. Arrived at 7:45 PM, were seated immediately. Outside dining full, inside dining 3/4 full. Ordered 6 appetizers and 6 entrees but waited way too long for each course. Appears the kitchen could not handle the volume. Seafood special $38 was overpriced and lacked the described shell fish and pasta was scant, all 4 people who ordered it, complained about meager portion. I kept apologizing to every one for bad service and lack luster food. Our waiter knocked a full glass of red wine into our friend's lap. Dinner and dessert ended at 10:40 PM. I was embarrassed for the restaurant and staff because I know they can do better. I will return, my friends not so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MR Basking RidgeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/2/2014The best BYO Italian restaurant in the area. Nick and Cheech are always there to make sure everything is attended too. Friendly wait staff. Nice outdoor patio when the weather permits. Quaint historic property.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2014Wonderful dining experience with a good menu and very nice specials. Just the right amount of attention from wait staff.Special Features:
- Great local find!Foodheaven10Dined on 7/19/2014This restaurant is close to where we live. The food is excellent and presented well. They have a large outdoor patio which is great when the weather is fine, and it is well-staffed and service is well done even when the patio is crowded. There is a large party room upstairs and the service there is smooth there as well, but when crowded, that room can be a bit noisy. Keep in mind this restaurant is BYOB, common in this area. Certainly worth a visit!Special Features:
- Interesting NightCrackerjackDined on 7/16/2014On the night we were there, the electricity went out with a pretty full restaurant. They were terrific, brought out candles, opened windows (no A/c but remained comfortable), attended to the tables. They were still able to deliver the delicious food. They served bruschetta first on the house. The sweet and spicy calamari and the grilled peach salad (special) was very good. The Three of us had the Tuscan seafood stew which was delicious. Another had the skirt steak which he liked a lot. The menu was reasonably priced except for the special which seemed too high for a NJ establishment. All in all a very nice night. We ate inside so it was very quiet because most of the guests were on the patio which looked lovely.Special Features:
- joeygVIPDined on 7/11/2014A favorite place with a great atmosphere and nice people that take care of the customers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Around Great Dining ExperienceGabbyGirlDined on 7/11/2014Dining at Focacceria is always a pleasure -- terrific menu, delicious food, very well presented, excellent service and outdoor seating always adds to the experience....a neighborhood favorite and I am already looking forward to my next dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre birthday dinnerbirdsthewordVIPDined on 7/10/2014We celebrated my birthday a day early, at Focacceria Ristorante. Eggplant parm, caesar salads and mussels and clams appetizers were all fresh and delicious. The entrees of grilled salmon, seafood stew and the liver special, were all prepared to perfection. The waiter was able to add a little pasta to the stews, for us, to better take advantage of the savory broth. After cappuccinos and coffee, we enjoyed cannoli and a warm chocolate souffle cake. Food was great, service was attentive and we left happy campers! Oh yes, we brought several bottles of our favorite cabernets, as FR is a byob. Whether you dine inside or outside, you can be sure your dinner experience will be wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food & ambianceluv2eatDined on 7/8/2014The sesame encrusted tuna "rare" was excellent. great outdoor area & ambianceSpecial Features:
- outside dinner - perfectIRWWestfieldDined on 7/5/2014Great food, well served and attentive wait staff. Will go back and hopefully to an outside table again because the atmosphere was really great. Also a BYOB so it makes it great value.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatVIPDined on 7/2/2014From appetizer, entree, and dessert - truly superb. Do not miss the "best" veal chop in New Jersey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better outdoorsmarkVIPDined on 6/28/2014This time of year, Focacceria is especially enjoyable on evenings when a leisurely, casual outdoor meal is the goal. The always-excellent menu features many items that are designed with the outdoor space in mind. The wide range of salads and starters works very well outdoors, and be sure to consider the daily specials which are almost always interesting and top-notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our 26th anniversaryLinderbagelDined on 6/25/2014Absolutely fabulous food and staff. We need to go more often!!Special Features:
- Real findCheflizDined on 6/25/2014Focacceria has been in liberty corner for 9 years but this was the first time we went there. We were blown away. The food was outstanding and the value terrific. The two owners were very personable and made sure guests were enjoying their experience. We're going back again.Special Features:
- Outstanding NYC style restaurant!DSCthDined on 6/19/2014Focacceria Ristorante can truly rival even the best that NYC has. The food choices and quality are top-notch with excellent service as well. You don't mind spending more for food here because you don't need to pay for the wine margin charged elsewhere. In addition, eating outside on a beautiful day is a real treat. Reservations important - even on a Thursday evening at 8pm they were crowded! Enjoy.Special Features:
- Great first visitSheriTVIPDined on 6/12/2014We decided somewhat last minute to try Focacceria for sinner and we loved it - the food was outstanding. We tried many of the specials and they were all inventive and tasty - the fish was very fresh. We are looking forward to going back and we are all hoping the tuna tartare is on the menu!Special Features:
- DeliciousMuffyDined on 6/7/2014We have been to lunch as well as dinner at Focacceria and have always been pleased. We recently had dinner there (dined outside) and our meals were delicious. I had soft shell crabs over pureed parsnips ...outstanding! I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Another great mealbirdsthewordVIPDined on 6/6/2014This visit we enjoyed two appy specials, the stuffed zucchini flowers and roasted stuffed fig with proscuitto, both were seasonally great choices. Two of us had the mixed seafood special over cappellini (al dente pasta in a wonderful fra diavolo broth), the other person had the grilled salmon which was crispy on the edges and buttery soft inside. All entrees were perfectly cooked and the presented nicely. The service is always attentive and yet not intrusive. We are planning a visit back next week, with a party of 8, to celebrate a family birthday. I know we are in for a terrific evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect day to dine outdoors!LovetodineoutVIPDined on 6/4/2014I have been here often and love it! On this particular occasion I made lunch reservations for 5 of us for a business lunch. We ate outdoors. It was a beautiful day. The service was great. We all had salads. They were all delicious. I noticed the waiter doing a lot to accommodate a large group who wanted the umbrellas re-arranged. The service there is top notch!Special Features:
- One of my favorites!LovetodineoutVIPDined on 5/28/2014I have dined here several times before. It never disappoints! I had the grilled pear and spinach salad. It was a special. I will go again soon in hopes they have it again! I love the Tuscan Stew on the regular menu and the beet salad.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014Great food and attentive service at this BYOB with lovely outdoor dining option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fourth visitbirdsthewordVIPDined on 5/24/2014Service is very attentive, food is consistently wonderful. Appetizers of beet salad and hot and sweet sausage with broccoli rabe were wonderful. Pork loin special, stuffed with caramelized apples, was tender, sweet and savory. Squid ink linguini cooked al dente, with prawns in a fra diavolo sauce was cooked to perfection. We are so glad that we found this restaurant on Open Table. We can't wait to return and try different appetizers and entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014Focacceria is always a safe bet. This place never ceases to amaze me. The food is delicious and with the specials there are always different options to choose from. I had the seafood special... phenomenal! My friend had the filet mignon, also amazing. Service was excellent as usual!Special Features:
- The following 136 reviews are from the Focacceria Ristorante reviews archive.
- Exactly what we were looking for!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014Our choice of Focacceria was perfect for dinner with another couple. The table we were given allowed us to converse without the feeling like the customers at next table were part of our group. (Most of the other tables are closer together though.)The service was very attentive and the atmosphere perfect...not too noisy nor too quiet. The food was fabulous (as always)! If I were to be critical it would only be that the bread must be cut in the morning and then when it is served with dinner it isn't as fresh as I would like it. However, all in all, we all enjoyed our time at Focacceria and will definitely return!Special Features:
- Great FindGigiDined on 5/16/2014This place is a great find. You wouldn't recognize it if you weren't looking. Its in a house, but once inside you'll see a beautiful quaint restaurant greeted by smiles and wonderfully delicious Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.