Flyte World Dining & Wine
718 Division Street
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Flyte World Dining & Wine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.flytenashville.com/
- Phone: 6152556200x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
The bar opens at 4:30 and is open 1 hour later than the kitchen.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mike Moranski
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Flyte has 4 options: a 24 seat Kitchen Dining Room, a 60 seat lounge, a 100 seat main dining room, or the entire place!
- Private Party Contact: Scott Atkinson 6152556200x
- Special Events: Flyte has hosted numerous special events including wedding receptions, brand launches, holiday parties, music award receptions, etc. We can arrange for anything you might need to make your night special. Private events can be hosted 7 days a week!
A word from Flyte World Dining & Wine
Flyte World Dining & Wine is a unique culinary experience. Flyte's Executive Chef Mike Moranski incorporates local produce, free-range meats and beautiful presentations into a truly seasonal, farm-to-table menu featuring the best of Tennessee's independent farms. Flyte's knowledgeable staff can help you navigate the eclectic wine list and craft beer selection (or you can choose a pre-set wine or beer Flyte). There's even a 20-seat Kitchen Dining Room where you can dine in the midst of the action. Flyte's focus on service and hospitality is evident in personal touches from the moment you make a reservation until you conclude your evening. The restaurant interior is lively, colorful and beautifully lit to provide the perfect setting to your Dining & Wine adventure and the diverse music is handpicked by the staff. Happy Hour from 4:30 to 7:00 in the lounge everyday!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Flyte World Dining & Wine - Best Restaurants in The Gulch ›
Flyte World Dining & Wine reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (89)fit for foodies (84)special occasion (73)romantic (53)good for groups (26)neighborhood gem (24)hot spot (14)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A Great ExperienceexpectqualityDined on 10/18/2014We came across this restaurant via Google. It was billed as one of the best restaurants in Nashville. I think that's true. The idea of fresh and local food is one worth supporting. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and made the entire process less intimidating and more enjoyable. The selection of food was great, there were exciting dishes as well as recognizable staples. And the wine was divine. It's very pricey, but I would love to eat there again.Special Features:
- DisappointingRebelYellVIPDined on 10/16/2014Four of us ate here on a Thu night. First, they started to seat us at a table directly in front of the open door to the kitchen, after we had requested a quiet table. So they moved us. Next, the first bottle of wine they brought us was bad. So they replaced it. Then the Barracuda one of us ordered came out way overcooked. Two of us ordered the strip steak, which came out at two 2-ounce chunks, not a whole steak. And one of the chunks was half gristle. When we pointed this out, they did provide us with a complimentary cheese plate. So they try very hard to please, but the food and beverage were wanting.
- General commentsLuv2eatDined on 10/16/2014Great wine but food was too fusion oriented for me.Special Features:
- Didn't want to leaveutsa26VIPDined on 10/16/2014Hosted a business dinner there...we may have overstayed our welcome. Started with house-made charcuterie, which everyone loved. Panzanella and Hot Belly were the big hits on the starters. Lamb, Strip, Barracuda (!!) all got great reviews and clean plates. Desserts kept the pace...everyone had their favorite. I most enjoyed the Pumpkin and Olive Oil Cake/Ice Cream. Professional, friendly service -- took the time to pair wines and beers for us. Portions are big enough without being overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expense account dining onlyBNAfromNYCDined on 10/15/2014Innovative cuisine. I'd estimate 75% of diners were business groups on expense accounts. Portions could be much more substantial. Need more green salad options. Bread would have been a nice since most of the plates are not huge. Desserts are excellent. Too minimalist for a hungry diner.Special Features:
- Waited to long to try FlyteEatMorePiureDined on 10/11/2014After not trying Flyte for years, a coupon convinced us to go. We weren't trying to avoid the place but Nashville has lots of restaurants. The mistake was in waiting so long. The cocktail was good, the wine was excellent, the food interesting and tasty and not something we could have done better (or at least as well) at home, and the servers friendly and efficient. The acoustics were tested to the limit as the dining area was full and parties occupied an adjacent room and the bar area. We found it loud but the room seemed to mash all of the noise into a general jumble that became background and allowed easy conversation at the table. All in all, we should have come sooner and will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent nightNeverEnoughRedDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I are new to the area and Flyte was highly recommended. We spent a few minutes with our server talking about wines and what we liked (and didn't like) and he brought us an excellent selection that both of us really enjoyed. The starter and entrée were perfectly sized and very delicious. Presentation was great. The restaurant started filling up towards the end of our meal but we were still able to hold a conversation without raising our voices. Overall, I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very interesting menuWinnipegBelleDined on 10/9/2014The chef likes to provide interesting contrasts in food; of the dishes we tried, some of these contrasts were a little too interesting but still hats off to the chef for trying them -- just not so sure we were glad to be paying to be guinea pigs. Most of the food, however, was fabulous, including come contrasts we would never have thought of putting together, but they worked amazingly.Special Features:
- OutstandingRachelDined on 10/3/2014First of all, I have to give special commendation to Todd, our waiter, as well as Will, the operations manager. The level of attention to our table of two was absolutely outstanding. As in napkins folded when you come back to the table, recommendations for wine and drinks according to your taste, French press coffee according to your desired level of strength. Todd was outstanding with food recommendations according to our palates, and had great descriptions for everything on the menu. Our starters (beets and corn pudding) were really wonderful and nuanced. It is amazing how attention to spice palate and herbs can make a dish. The lamb loaf was wonderfully flavored and moist as was my husband's Bear Creek Strip. We will be back.Special Features:
- Design, execution, and presentationRicardoDined on 10/2/2014The Menu choices were varied to suit any mood. Vegetarian, fish and meats. Our dinner was was cooked perfectly and the items were well paired. The presentation was very nice and suitable for a photo shoot. We had heard that there had been a staffing transition in the kitchen and if there was a bump in the road is seems to be definately behind them.Special Features:
- Outstanding gemdanster1908Dined on 10/2/2014I'm so glad I booked a reservation here. I had my brother and sister in town and I really wanted to take them to the Gultch. The service was fantastic. The food was wonderful. The music was at a minimum level so there was no issues hearing the group talk. I would recommend Flyte to anyone who is looking for a great night out.Special Features:
- I really wanted to like FlyteOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/26/2014There are simply too many other venues in Nashville which do farm to table extremely well; Husk, Watermark, Silo. It took over two hours for our entrees to arrive at the table despite the fact that only half the tables were occupied. The kitchen had obvious problems plating a ten top table at the same time and that resulted in everyone else just waiting idly. The table next to us simply surrendered and left. The malted pear salad actually turned out to be a beet salad with a single tiny pear as a decoration and was horribly overdone and tasteless. When the entrees did arrive, my wife's rare filet was at best medium and my infused chicken was bone dry. Both tasted like something your aunt who can't cook would serve for Sunday dinner.
- Fabulous nightsuznpVIPDined on 9/26/2014It was a night with great food and service. This is a dining destination where you take time to savor each course.Special Features:
- Wow.FirsttimerVIPDined on 9/26/2014We've dined at Flyte many times and have always enjoyed our experience, but our most recent visit was a standout. The only way to say it is that the food here has gone to the next level. Everything was delicious and the presentations were absolutely stunning. I wish I could include a photo with this review to show what my mahi dish looked like! The services was great (as usual) and we enjoyed several interesting wines... but the food stole the show. Bravo, Flyte!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Service was extremely poor and dissapointing. After speaking with the Manager and making our reservation, we were so excited to experience Flyte. We were beyond let down. It took us 20 minutes to get drinks and there were only 3 full tables in the restaurant. The food was good, but over priced and very small portions. The food would have 'tasted better' had the service matched the prices on the menu. So upset about our dining experience at Flyte, especially since we have wanted to go for over a year, and my family drove from Ohio to go to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Must visit in Nashville 1FoodandwinesnobVIPDined on 9/26/2014One of two great meals while in Nashville. We were in a rush, so we want to go back when we can be leisurely and savor the food and experience. Still, the food was creative and had a great balance of flavors, textures, and a beautiful presentation. Definitely a great place for foodies!Special Features:
- Long on promise, short on productNashtenVIPDined on 9/20/2014Good open space - a bit noisy. Very knowledgeable waitress - but painfully slow service. Despite only 5 tables active, we waited about 45 minutes between first and second courses. Food labeled imaginatively - but pretty bland. Had a "signature" dish - beef filet with squid ink focaccia - the latter hard and dull - reminiscent of very refried beans but with less flavor. Has a ways to go to get in shape.
- A notch short of what I expected.GaryCoVIPDined on 9/20/2014The beet salad was perfect and the seafood soup was good. The beef filets were good but could have used a bit more seasoning.Special Features:
- Sigh.HostessVIPDined on 9/20/2014Plus side: waitress knew the menu inside and out and recited the whole thing (didn't leave out the details about the "head and shoulders, knees and toes" dish either - yikes). Great wine and beer list. Neat bar, superb bartender. Down side: excessive wait for food, inability to be flexible on the menu (no salad greens AT ALL in the entire restaurant?) and so fixated on the farm-to-table aspect that they've forgotten that it is also important to prepare dishes that taste good! If you are charging over $25 for an entree it needs to be out of this world, in my opinion. Steak was tough, scallops chewy and all around the table was blandness. Really hoping for a better experience at such a foodie place.Special Features:
- Not the sameFoodieVIPDined on 9/20/2014Flyte was our favorite restaurant and we always had the best food and service. However, we went Saturday night not realizing Matthew was no longer the executive chef. The food is not the same and I was missing all of the special elements that Matt put on the plate. The food service took forever. We waited an hour for our entrees. That never happened in the last two years of eating there. I cant say how dissappointed we were to find out our favorite restaurant is no longer the same.
- Just okayPHurstDined on 9/20/2014The food here was pretty good, but not great. We thought that there would be ample options for wine flights to try (hence the restaurant name), but there were surprisingly few. The only California reds flight featured premium wines, and they wanted $26 for three 2-oz. pours! Even the regular wine list is just okay - nothing to write home about. Don't waste your time and money here - too many other great restaurants in Nashville!
- Value doesn't match experienceTAM1975Dined on 9/20/2014We arrived at 5pm. The restaurant was empty. We were the first to get our orders in and one of last to get our food. People at surrounding tables seemed to be getting food and good service when we weren't. Food took too long. We were left without water for a period and we were left alone by our server often. The food was tasty but the smallest portion ever for the price. They did bring a free dessert which was nice but not anything special. It was our anniversary dinner so we were especially unimpressed. Won't be coming back or recommending it.
- Be prepared for a sleepoverhavedinnerbeforeVIPDined on 9/19/2014We went to this restaurant with high expectations after reading some praising reviews elsewhere. The experience was utterly disappointing. After waiting close to two hours for our main dishes, we found them quite unsatisfying. The lamb was way overcooked and dry. The grits were bland and overpriced for the small portion served. The fish was fine but not special. We were to tired of sitting to order dessert. Not planning to come back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Our party of eight was very pleased with our experience at Flyte! Our table was not ready when we arrived so we were provided with a complimentary round of cocktails! Our server was very knowledgeable and the food fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MandBVIPDined on 9/16/2014The food was as excellent as it was the last time we dined here so the new chef seems equally as creative. The big hitch was service. We had the same waiter and he was as competent as before except he was working the entire restaurant with only minimal help from two obviously new and untrained waitresses. When our entrée arrived the waiter was busy at another table with a larger party and the server just plopped two dishes on the table with no explanation about the dished, no attempt to fill empty wine glasses, but worse no flatware. We had to wait quite a while to attract someone's attention just to get a knife and form. Very disappointing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed bagdine4goodVIPDined on 9/13/2014Waited 1 hr 45 min between appetizer and entree. Waitress told us 45 min before entrees arrived that they were on way out in just a moment. She then disappeared for next 40 min. Had to ask if she could give us some bread. Oddly, as we realized how long we'd been waiting, we looked around full restaurant and saw there was only one table that had any food on it. Fish stew and poached egg appetizers we had before long wait were delicious and beautifully prepared. Grits and lamb entrees were good; steak was less than mediocre and overpriced. Waitress did provide unsolicited free dessert, having realized the unacceptable length of our wait for main course, and it was outstanding. Won't return to Flyte until they've worked out the kinks.Special Features:
- great nightlsimpDined on 9/12/2014Good food, excellent service, great experience. Wine list was lengthy. Server was knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality FoodCmdrgDined on 9/12/2014The quality and freshness of the food was very good. The menu was short but there was something for all tastes. Noise level was moderate and the service was timely.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014It was our first time at Flyte. Service was very good. Plates were small and in the salty side. Wine menu wasI would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerfor2reservationsVIPDined on 9/6/2014Dishes are very creative and fresh. Wine selection is huge and at first seems overwhelming. However the sommeliers are top notch!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014THE food was excellent and our server was very helpful with recommendations and service. They have great craft cocktails. We needed a taxi and they called one for us and it was waiting when we finished eating.Special Features:
- Perfect, as always.canooneVIPDined on 9/5/2014Food, wine, and service were amazing. I had a vegetarian entrée and loved it, despite the fact I rarely eat vegetables. Starters were wonderful, as well, and service was great from beginning to end. Only downside (which is not the fault of the restaurant) was the dining room full of sloppy diners constantly on their phones and wearing clothes more appropriate for fishing or painting your deck than enjoying first-rate cuisine. Unfortunately, this is a malady everywhere these days. Look forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014The service was great. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the food and drinks. The cocktails were very good and all of our entrées were deliciousSpecial Features:
- Fine PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2014Food and service were excellent. Portions very appropriate. One of the best in Nashville.Special Features:
- Nothing specialDobiVIPDined on 9/3/2014Good food but overpriced for what it was. The taste was there but the flavors in our fish were not "coming out". Had to rescue the dish with a lot of lime juice and then it was wonderful. For the price I should not have to be a sous chef.
- Amazing foodElisabethBVIPDined on 8/30/2014Every item we ordered was wonderful, service was great too. Wine list could be above many people's heads, but the wine flight options are nice to try several wines and be be overwhelmed by the wine list. The food portions were not huge, but every bite was perfect so no complaints here. We ordered the squash salad with a fried goat cheese ball and beet salad, the pork loin and the vegetable entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for anniversaryClaudiarb85Dined on 8/30/2014My fiancé and I went there to celebrate our anniversary. It was a very pleasant surprise to have complimentary wine because of that special occasion! And the food was amazing! totally worth it!Special Features:
- Vey Chic AND $$$cra2Dined on 8/30/2014Trendy- mod set. For the Gen X -millenials. Not for old Boomers. Small but delicious portions. Unusual but tasty choicesSpecial Features:
- Exquisite Wine, Food, and ServiceVegetarianinNashvilleDined on 8/29/2014I took my wife to Flyte for her birthday and I happened to mention this fact on the online reservation in advance--we were greeted with two glasses of complimentary sparkling wine to start our meal! Excellent! Try to get Scott to be your waiter because he is patient, attentive, and he knows their extensive wine list like the back of his hand. He helped us match our wines with our appetizers and meals without a trace of pretentiousness. The wines we enjoyed were complex in their bouquet as well as their flavor--and the same can be said for the meal. While the menu is not as extensive as some other restaurants, even dishes that may at first appear mundane turn out to be little masterpieces--multi-layered flavors, superb presentationSpecial Features:
- Noteablekarma1965Dined on 8/23/2014We were curious why it had taken us so long to visit Flyte and took the opportunity to find out during restaurant week. Unfortunately, our traditional favorite, Caffe Nonna, never made good on their blunder from last year, so here we were. Staff were exceptionally friendly, though the bartender forgot a spirit substitution on the an otherwise very well made drink. Food parings were different and interesting and made for a great conversation with wine at dinner...I encourage them to add more blends to their wine list. What they did have was great. Overall, a great special evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.