Flyte World Dining & Wine
718 Division Street
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Flyte World Dining & Wine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.flytenashville.com/
- Phone: 6152556200x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
The bar opens at 4:30 and is open 1 hour later than the kitchen.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mike Moranski
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Flyte has 4 options: a 24 seat Kitchen Dining Room, a 60 seat lounge, a 100 seat main dining room, or the entire place!
- Private Party Contact: Scott Atkinson 6152556200x
- Special Events: Flyte has hosted numerous special events including wedding receptions, brand launches, holiday parties, music award receptions, etc. We can arrange for anything you might need to make your night special. Private events can be hosted 7 days a week!
A word from Flyte World Dining & Wine
Flyte World Dining & Wine is a unique culinary experience. Flyte's Executive Chef Mike Moranski incorporates local produce, free-range meats and beautiful presentations into a truly seasonal, farm-to-table menu featuring the best of Tennessee's independent farms. Flyte's knowledgeable staff can help you navigate the eclectic wine list and craft beer selection (or you can choose a pre-set wine or beer Flyte). There's even a 20-seat Kitchen Dining Room where you can dine in the midst of the action. Flyte's focus on service and hospitality is evident in personal touches from the moment you make a reservation until you conclude your evening. The restaurant interior is lively, colorful and beautifully lit to provide the perfect setting to your Dining & Wine adventure and the diverse music is handpicked by the staff. Happy Hour from 4:30 to 7:00 in the lounge everyday!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Flyte World Dining & Wine - Best Restaurants in The Gulch ›
Flyte World Dining & Wine reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (98)fit for foodies (95)special occasion (83)romantic (63)good for groups (28)neighborhood gem (23)hot spot (13)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (6)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Amazing foodElisabethBVIPDined on 8/30/2014Every item we ordered was wonderful, service was great too. Wine list could be above many people's heads, but the wine flight options are nice to try several wines and be be overwhelmed by the wine list. The food portions were not huge, but every bite was perfect so no complaints here. We ordered the squash salad with a fried goat cheese ball and beet salad, the pork loin and the vegetable entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for anniversaryClaudiarb85Dined on 8/30/2014My fiancé and I went there to celebrate our anniversary. It was a very pleasant surprise to have complimentary wine because of that special occasion! And the food was amazing! totally worth it!Special Features:
- Vey Chic AND $$$cra2Dined on 8/30/2014Trendy- mod set. For the Gen X -millenials. Not for old Boomers. Small but delicious portions. Unusual but tasty choicesSpecial Features:
- Exquisite Wine, Food, and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014I took my wife to Flyte for her birthday and I happened to mention this fact on the online reservation in advance--we were greeted with two glasses of complimentary sparkling wine to start our meal! Excellent! Try to get Scott to be your waiter because he is patient, attentive, and he knows their extensive wine list like the back of his hand. He helped us match our wines with our appetizers and meals without a trace of pretentiousness. The wines we enjoyed were complex in their bouquet as well as their flavor--and the same can be said for the meal. While the menu is not as extensive as some other restaurants, even dishes that may at first appear mundane turn out to be little masterpieces--multi-layered flavors, superb presentationSpecial Features:
- Noteablekarma1965Dined on 8/23/2014We were curious why it had taken us so long to visit Flyte and took the opportunity to find out during restaurant week. Unfortunately, our traditional favorite, Caffe Nonna, never made good on their blunder from last year, so here we were. Staff were exceptionally friendly, though the bartender forgot a spirit substitution on the an otherwise very well made drink. Food parings were different and interesting and made for a great conversation with wine at dinner...I encourage them to add more blends to their wine list. What they did have was great. Overall, a great special evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!wineandfoodieDined on 8/19/2014I received an email about wine and food week from Flyte. We decided to try it. We ordered the 3 course food week menu. I had the carrot soup and trout. He had the beats and steak. Everything was wonderful. We traded plates half way through and when my husband tried the trout he was in heaven. He is a long time fisherman and has cleaned and cooked many trout himself. He was amazed at how the kitchen was able to remove the skeleton of the fish and keep it intact on the plate. He said this was quite possibly the BEST TROUT he has ever eaten. We finished with a goat cheese cheesecake. Neither one of us are usually goat cheese fans however this cheesecake was fabulous! Thank you for a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Flyte=AwesomeamesbirthdayDined on 8/15/2014You have to check this place out if you haven't already. The food was incredible, our service was amazing. We had a blast!Special Features:
- Great farm to table findfiftyishfoodieDined on 8/9/2014Excellent meal, no pressure to clear the table, pork, steak and rainbow trout all very tasty and well presented. Portions are well sized. A very enjoyable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service questionableTraveltoeatDined on 8/9/2014Service was very random. Our waiter was very kind yet he seemed to be pulled too many directions. Slow on ordering and we wanted dessert but the waiter did not return to get that order. We finally asked for our ticket to leave. All farm fresh produce but limited on selections of items on the menu. Wine list top-notch! Not sure I would return.Special Features:
- Inventive and absolutely solid!enmasseyDined on 8/9/2014Flyte was wonderful from start to finish. The staff were friendly and well informed about all of the dishes, the drinks and the wines. Service was exact and attentive without being intrusive at any point. The food was superb! Flavor profiles were complex and beautifully balanced. Every dish was cooked to perfection, nicely presented, and portions were exactly right. We had a wonderful time!Special Features:
- Delicious Food, Wonderful ServiceKristenAVIPDined on 8/8/2014Our trip to Flyte was nothing short of spectacular. From the ambience, food, and service, everything was on point. The menu is locally sourced and seasonal but I recommend the trout entree. The fish was cooked perfectly and sat on a bed of delicious braised cabbage. My date got the charcuterie platter and accompanied it with the cheese platter. There was an assortment of jams, mustard and picked veggies to help create all kinds of yummy meat and cheese combinations. The service was superb from beginning to end. We were celebrating that evening and Flyte generously gifted us two glasses of champagne upon arrival. We sipped on the 2010 Cavalchina - "Santa Lucia" bottle of wine. It was a perfect dining experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic experience, all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014From the moment we stepped into the restaurant. The ambiance was warm and inviting, the staff was welcoming and friendly, and the food was extraordinary! And what a wine list! We will definitely be returning to this gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative foodJoanVIPDined on 8/8/2014Matt always comes up with incredible dishes that are not only creative but also delicious. A new dessert, his adaption of carrot cake, was the best I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedDfg2aDined on 8/2/2014Way too overpriced. Just not my cup of tea. Subpar food. Won't ever go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Really disappointed this time. Concept for food was bizarre." Soup" underneath the entrée and need to use a spoon was unappealing and detracted from the centerpiece of the dish. Never should the dessert be the highlight of the meal and it was.
- AwesomeShaungVIPDined on 8/1/2014We simply love the food, and the people who serve it. We always feel so welcome and the food is incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantBaldingDined on 7/31/2014We had a great evening of food and drink. The service could not have been better. I would have preferred the music to be a little softer but all in all, a great experience.Special Features:
- Elegant food and servicewildcardcisDined on 7/25/2014Limited menu of starters, entrees, and desserts. Extra courses provided by the chef, free of charge. Everything was excellent, though it was rather expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceBillDined on 7/23/2014The chef made some amazing simple dishes with some of the best produce I've ever had. The waitstaff was knowledgable and you could tell they cared about the restaurant and the client. Our waiter helped a couple of amateurs navigate the wine list and found us the perfect bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!FabfoodieDined on 7/23/2014We had heard great things about Flyte, and it did not disappoint! From the extensive wine list, to the unbelievable food to the best service, flyte is the best restaurant we have tried in nashville. We HIGHLY recommend it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!rickyweavesDined on 7/19/2014From start to finish Flyte was top notch! From the time we walked thru the entrance until the time we walked out, it was an excellent experience. I would highly recommend this place and I will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Our party of four had a wonderful experience at Flyte. The staff was personable and knowledgeable. They offered great insight on the impressive wine list and entree options. Every starter and entree I tried was wonderful. We will be back!Special Features:
- Very very slowOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014Carrot soup was very good but extremely skimpy portion for $8. Want a slie of bread? That'll be $6. Waited OVER an hour and a half for entrees to arrive. Fortunately 3 out of 9 in our group hadn't seen anything that enticed them on the extremely limited menu options!
- Much worse than previous timesNashvilleDiningDined on 7/19/2014Because previous experiences, we looked forward to visiting Flyte. However, the service was indifferent and the portions both small and uneven in quality. Though the carrot soup was good and the grilled beans excellent, the tomato salad was only average and the trout that we ordered for the main dish was inferior not only to Tin Angel, but even to Cracker Barrel. All in all, we have had better fine dining experiences.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Server was very attentive& explained each menu item which was a plus. The dinner fare was delicious & the dessert was amazing! A great place to dine anytime!Special Features:
- Used Nashville Originals certAngel1VIPDined on 7/19/2014Service was excellent, with very knowledgeable staff. Food pricey but tasty. Music better when it was turned down, though prefer "dinner music" to R&R. Exceptional wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what it used to beexpectmoreDined on 7/18/2014Wow this place has changed Had not been there in about 2 years. The prices have gone way up! The service last Friday was terrible. I guess the waiter did not want to be bothered with us as we did not order a bottle of wine. The menu had 5 items none of them were appealing to us so we ordered 3 appetizers. The soup was 8.00 dollars and they gave us about 3 to 4 oz. I will NOT be back.
- MandBVIPDined on 7/16/2014Everything about Flyte was fantastic - great food, too many fabulous choices, fresh, fresh, fresh ingredients (I even ordered dessert, I generally don't like desserts, these were more savory than sweet). Great wine list, well organized, easy to follow. Amazing service, I usually don't care to know my server's name but in this case my wife and I were very impressed with Todd and so, remember his name. He was extremely knowledgeable, knew every aspect of the menu, right down to spices, flavors, tastes, etc., which was most helpful. He knew the wine list and, even though I know wines, his knowledge and recommendation was right-on. Rarely have my wife and I been so impressed with a restaurant. Despite not living in Nashville, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014We adored everything we ate at Flyte - sourdough bread, the fried egg appetizer, the vegetable risotto, and the trout. This is careful, meticulous cooking. Great wine selection and attentive service, although I could have done without having the menu read to us almost verbatim and it took quite a while to receive our appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Wine.Great Place To CelebrateluvgoodfoodVIPDined on 7/12/2014With trained sommeliers, they make a massive wine list easy to understand and enjoy. Good food and atmosphere as well!Special Features:
- Eat to live welljoyofeatingDined on 7/12/2014From the moment we entered we were cared for by an enthusiastic and extremely well versed group of servers and were ecstatic to be personally greeted by Chef Lackey who took time from his very busy kitchen to select and present the excellent and complex fare. I am only sorry we could not have eaten more but everything we tried showed the vision of a young chef who is very partial to sustainable food production and religious about using very local ingredients. Will absolutely recommend Flyte for those who care about the food which nourishes them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique dining experienceShortfor2Dined on 7/12/2014Really great fresh ,delicious food. Small menu that changes often and unique. We loved that the food is from local farms. Presentation of food was wonderful. We had the trout and Rabbit for our main course. Both very delicious. For starters we had the cheese plate and Fried egg. Both were wonderful. The Chocolate & Cardamom Semifreddo and Black & Blue Financier were great but for $10 per dessert it's a bit much for the small size you get. Lastly, the staff and service was amazing. Def. a great place for a nice and unique dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED Flyte!kathandrandDined on 7/10/2014My husband and I went to Flyte for first time this week. It was absolutely outstanding. Service was impeccable as well. The wine list was unusual and fabulous. Also had option of having a wine"flyte", allowing option of trying 4 different wines. The ambiance is chic and casual. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An enigmaWhaaaDined on 7/10/2014The first two courses were decent. The dessert was so weird. Not sweet and the flavors did not work. They served something called cardamom ash with the lemon puff. It was awful if you mistook that item for something edible. Why even put it on the plate? The pastry chef is trying way too hard and is likely responsible for several bad reviews given dessert is the last thing you remember.Special Features:
- Vegetarian celebrationsceelo321Dined on 7/8/2014As a vegetarian, it can be hard to find good spots to celebrate special occasions. I was surprised to find that almost half the appetizers and at least two entrees were vegan or vegetarian. In addition the wine list was incredible. Highly recommend. The deserts, unfortunately, all contained eggs but they do have daily sorbets off the menu.Special Features:
- Magnificent!LivetoeatalotDined on 7/5/2014My party of 14 was seated in the private room that's call 'the kitchen coliseum' because of the view right into the kitchen. It was really neat to watch the food prepared and plated. Having eaten at Flyte years ago with a different chef at the helm, I expected a good dining experience, but Chef Matt really hit the ball out of the park. For appetizers, a combination of squash salad, fried egg, pickled egg, cheese plate, and charcuterie were ordered. All were good, but the squash salad and charcuterie were the stars. The trout and chicken won out with the group entree wise and every raved about them. I for one will be back for the trout! The only thing I'd suggest is to ask the server about portion size. Some items are too small to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the bestFirsttimerDined on 6/28/2014Another memorable dinner at Flyte. Four of us pretty much ate through the entire menu... the new charcuterie is maybe one of the best things I've ever eaten. It was all fantastic, with the exception of one overly-salty lamb-sausage dish which they quickly replaced. Had a fantastic bottle of Oregon Pinot Noir recommended by our server. Finished with one of each dessert (the chocolate one was crazy good.. super rich and creamy) and french-press coffee. Service was impeccable. Flyte stands out among the best in Nashville.Special Features:
- Something SpecialJoeheartsfoodDined on 6/28/2014Moved to the city of Nashville only a year ago, so had no idea this place was a thing. Co-worker suggested it for my wife's birthday, and what a suggestion that turned out to be! Long story short, the service was exceptional (at least our waiter was), the wine list was exceptional, and even though it was my wife's birthday, the moment they were out of the beef and substituted for rabbit (RABBIT!!), I thought it was my birthday. The cheese plate and turnip starters were delicious, and the entrees were even better than that (wife had the rainbow trout). Dessert was one of the most unique cheesecake offerings I've ever had, and that too was....I think you know where I'm going with this.Special Features:
- Great starters but average entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014Noise level rises so that it requires shouting across the table to be heard. As to service, it was excellent. Absolutely no criticisms at all. Great creative wine list with something for everyone. The starters were the best part of the meal. We shared asparagus with homemade ricotta, a charcuterie board and squash salad. All delicious. The squash salad with squash purée , warm goat cheese and ribbons of squash was a revelation. It was light, tasty and totally unexpected. We also ordered the focaccia with homemade butter. The usual bread and butter do not come to the table here. Entrees were not as successful . The beef was tough and the dish just missed somehow. The rainbow trout was deemed good. Desserts inventive and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrilliantreturncustomerDined on 6/26/2014My go-to spot for a business dinner to impress friends from out of town, Flyte never disappoints. This time, I stayed to the vegetarian side of the menu, and was blown away by freshness and flavor. From the squash salad through to the sorbet trio, and the perfect rosé, the entire meal said, simply, summer. The service is as three-star professional as the cuisine is inventive. A gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.