300 Westlake Ave North
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Lake Union / Eastlake
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flyingfishseattle.com/
- Phone: 2067288595x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Fri : 11:30am to 2:00pm
Daily 5:00pm till Closing
Daily 4:00pm to 6:00pm, 8:30pm to closing
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Princess Franada
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Flying Fish catering can provide service to off-premise banquet facilities, corporate locations and other local special events upon request. Please call 206-728-8595 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
- Private Party Facilities: Flying Fish private dining room can seat up to 40 people for lunch or dinner, and up to 70 reception style. The space is elegantly designed and decorated. You and your guests would experience our remarkable seafood and northwest cuisine while served by our exceptionally attentive and knowledgable staff.
We currently offer three different dining options:
_ plated 3-course menu
_ passed hors d’oeuvres
Our restaurant is perfect for a variety of intimate gatherings, coporate and social events. Whether it’s a cocktail reception, business luncheon, rehearsal dinner or holiday party, our dedicated private dining team is on hand to assist in carefully planning your next event.
- Private Party Contact: Godwin Moy (email@example.com) 2067288595x
- Special Events: $0.75 Oyster Frenzy Happy Hour 4:00 to 6:00pm and 8:30pm to closing, daily. 50% off Whole Fried Rockfish every Sunday. Both in bar area only.
- Cross Street: Thomas
- Public Transit: The South Lake Union Street Car runs every 15 minutes, 6am to 9pm Sunday thru Thursday, and 6am to 11pm Friday and Saturday.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available in our building. The rates are variable during the day and just $5 after 4pm. To use the garage enter the alley between Westlake and Terry from Harrison. Our garage entrance is immediately on your right as you enter the alley.
A word from Flying Fish
We at Flying Fish take pride in being a Seattle landmark for seafood dining. From our renowned salt + pepper dungeness crab to the most stunning fresh oysters, wild Pacific Northwest salmon and exotic fish from Hawaii, we keep our menu inspired with exciting seasonal selections. Each plate is artfully prepared, and served by our dedicated servers. It is also our pleasure to offer a tasteful selection of local wines and beers. So stop in today for an exquisite seafood dining experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Flying Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (28)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (16)special occasion (12)great for lunch (12)romantic (9)great for outdoor dining (8)notable wine list (7)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Happy AnniversaryLadybugDined on 10/27/2014We celebrating our anniversary at Flying Fish! Great Food, great service, great ambience.....all in all a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/27/2014I used to bring clients to the previous Flying Fish when it was in Belltown. At that time it was a "Seattle Insiders" seafood restaurant. One where they had excellent food in a vibrant environment but without a view. Four years ago I moved away and just recently returned to Seattle. I was looking forward to trying the new location of an old favorite. What a disappointment. The salad looked and tasted like they had made it hours ahead, soggy would be the term I would use. The fish was overcooked and salty, the asparagus were tough. The desert good but not worth raving about. As a foodie who eats out several times a week, often bringing in clients from out of town, I wont be coming back. Bring back the old one, it was much better!Special Features:
- I Enjoyed My LunchjimofseattleVIPDined on 10/24/2014I had a weekday lunch at this restaurant. The dining room is stylish and comfortable, and service was good. I ordered the steelhead served over quinoa and topped with wild mushrooms and a vinaigrette, and my companion ordered the small version of fish tacos. My dish was perfectly prepared, but it came with King salmon rather than steelhead--a salmon variety that is less "fishy" than I prefer. My companion's small order of tacos, was too large a serving for him. He ate about half of it. This make-you-own dish had a somewhat sloppy appearance and too much oil for my friend. I don't eat tacos often, but I tasted one and thought it was quite good.Special Features:
- Sloooooooow serviceMountainWandererDined on 10/23/2014Took forever to get a waiter to take our order and the same for getting the pretty good food. Wasn't that busy and, weirdly, we had a different waiter half-way through the meal. Told them this was a birthday celebration but nothing special done. Won't be going back.
- SC168Dined on 10/23/2014We had dinner on Seattle Restaurant Week. The food came out lukewarm. Thankfully the seafood chowder, while a bit watery for my taste, was hot. We liked the casual and warm atmosphere. Parking was convenient and reasonable. Our server was attentive and responsive but not very friendly or welcoming.
- Good food, not great serviceDaniMDined on 10/13/2014I can always count on (pricey) innovative, fresh seafood at Flying Fish, and great service. Unfortunately, that was not the case last night with our waiter forgetting a number of requests, not knowing basic information and getting a drink order wrong. Overall the experience was fine, but for 'fine' I will go someplace less expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingburbaniteVIPDined on 9/27/2014We ate here twice on our Seattle trip. First time, fantastic fresh Alaskan King crab legs, and Miso Cod was amazing. So good, that we decided to go again on our last night. It was awful. Crab legs looked like the dregs and one was ammonia tasting. Server brought another order but by then veggies were cold. My salmon was dry and overcooked. Server failed to ask how I wanted it, and I assumed a fish restaurant would do medium rare. I complained to 3 servers, but the salmon was not replaced, nor was it removed from the bill. How can a restaurant be so inconsistent?
- Best Alaskan Crab LegsburbaniteVIPDined on 9/24/2014Love this place. Incredibly fresh seafood and fantastic serve. Creative chef and South Lake Union in Seattle is very cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service, what service?JAFFDined on 9/9/2014We were entertaning out of town guests, it ws their first time to Seattle. We chose this restaurant because of the location near the hotel where our guests were staying. The server was very inattentive. Dirty dishes sat at the table long after the appetizers were finished. We waited for our meal for 40 minutes, waiter never came over to explain why. The waiter never asked how everything was. Water glasses remained empty. The food was good but seriously service makes the dinner and evening. the worst!
- Casual..laid back..friendly spot...stonefireDined on 9/6/2014Nice ambience..interesting menu..great service..would return often..easy to get to from downtown!Special Features:
- Good for noisy kidsPompomDined on 8/30/2014We were visiting seattle from Chicago. This restaurant was highly recommended in several blogs. The food was just average and we were seated by a large group with noisy, obnoxious kids. They ruined th entire evening. He waiter never offered us another table or asked the kids and thir parents to ship up. DO NOT GO THERE FOR ANY SPECIAL OCCASION.
- We expected more...spatDined on 8/25/2014It was good but we expected it to be better. We all had different dishes and they were OK, but nothing special and a couple of us did not quite like their dishes that much. Dining room was nice. Host was very personable.
- Flying No LongerLanecrestDined on 8/21/2014Not up to snuff - Far from it as a matter of fact. They do not have the subtleties of food preparation that the original owner had. The fish that I ordered was to come with miso and udon. Well it was floating in miso soup with wheat noodles. No udon an no miso paste as I had expected. The beet salad had in-editable stems in it - possibly from the arugala. I ate it. I did not complain at the table because that would have made my guests uncomfortable. I could have gotten as good or better in Chinatown for half the price. I have a history with Flying Fish over the years and I am afraid that it has just ended. Deserts were still really good but the one we all wanted was sold out.
- Large Group, Little ServiceBriBMGFDined on 8/11/2014We come to Flying Fish all the time for group business meetings and dinners and usually have a great experience. Unfortunately, our last visit was the opposite. Our server barely talked to our table, and he was never visible when he needed something (we were always asking other waiters, the hostess, bussers, etc. for things or for him). Our food came out improperly and at odd times where we found ourselves waiting long periods between meals. I'm not sure if he was too busy/there needed to be another server on or if he was just having an off night, but his attitude was poor and it was obvious across the entire table. We hope our next visit will be better.Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014We came to Seattle to explore for a few days and found Flying Fish. The fish tacos were insanely awesome!
- Overpriced good foodjazzDined on 8/6/2014Food was very good, but chips and salsa pay extra, early in the evening the main special (6:00 PM) ran out, Bill was aprox. $100 for 2 that included one entree each, a few drinks. Not used to paying so much for quality Mexican fare.Special Features:
- lovely foodNorahDined on 7/31/2014I brought first-time-to-Seattle friends here to represent how well we do food and restaurants. They loved the food and the restaurant. We had calamari first and I highly recommend it. Two of us had salmon and it was five star. The clams and linguine was also enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but priceyLabmomDined on 7/29/2014The meal was enjoyable, especially the seafood chowder and beet salad. The salmon was good, but tasted like it had been basted in butter or oil. Grilled perfectly, though. Fun cocktails and nice wines available by the glass. Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- criticalVIPDined on 7/25/2014Waiter was "as pretentious as they come" ... once he finally decided to wait on us ... the food was EXCELLENT ... great presentation ... prepared perfectly with great taste ... would have been one of best experiences if waiter could loose his attitude ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting neighborhood spotTexasmom43VIPDined on 7/5/2014We were recommended to try Flying Fish by a hotel employee. Its decor is very nice and and soothing inside. Since we don't get fresh seafood often, we wanted to try as many seafood places as possible. We were very disappointed that on Saturday evening, Flying Fish was completely out of crab for our 8:00 dinner. They had evidently had a busy lunch rush of crab. The fried fish in curry sauce appetizer wasvvery yummy!. The mussels were interesting but didn't have a lot of flavor. The salmon and the linguini with clams were decent. They were kind enough to substitute the clams with grilled shrimp for our daughter. She ate everything except the mushrooms! The wine list is limited but they have a full bar. Decent food and nice ambience.Special Features:
- The following 716 reviews are from the Flying Fish reviews archive.
- terrific food and atmosphereFood4LifeDined on 6/25/2014A terrific menu of Pacific Northwest fish, a good variety of preparations. The restaurant did not have a vegetarian option for one of our guests and graciously created a delicious meal for her. Highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen service horribleOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/25/2014I used to eat here a lot. Great chicken sandwich which they Changed. I don't like it now. The kitchen staff is chaotic and don't know what they are doing. Wait staff friendly and at the mercy of the kitchen. Burger medium was well done. Sorry to say but I've been my last time for lunch.
- Good Food Good ServicepreservedmooseDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I went for dinner. Food was great and very personable service. Mixed drinks did not skimp on alcohol. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just another $$$ seafood placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014I have not been to Flying Fish since the move into new location. The new building sign is non-discript just like everything else. Character, value, feeling lost when moved to fancy building.
- Good Food, Under Staffeddksj4Dined on 6/14/2014Had dinner reservations for four, and we were welcomed by a polite and attentive staff. We brought a bottle of wine and were looking to buy another and were offered a great wine not on the menu. The food overall was good. The salmon and swordfish were fantastic, but the fish tacos were a little too spicy. Staffing seemed to be a bit light, as the service was a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful wonderfullcucinella1949Dined on 6/13/2014From holding our reservation for two extra hours to the ambiance to the delightful service absolutely terrific the food was beyond wonderful the Calamari was outstanding and every dish we ordered was a work of art and most importantly tasted amazing. This is a restaurant not to be missed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeattlecatDined on 6/12/2014Albacore tuna with risotto was superb. Tuna was very fresh and seasoned perfectly. Risotto was creamy and had lovely bits of mushroom and edamame. Looking forward to going back for more soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SeafoodLiketodineDined on 6/10/2014We had a variety of seafood appetizers and entrees. All were very good. Service was very slow. Our server was great when he was there. It seemed obvious that he was working very hard so I wonder if they were short staffed. The slow service did detract from the overall experience.
- nice sunny day on the patioseattlecamperVIPDined on 6/9/2014We really enjoyed coming to Flying Fish. Our server was attentive but not overly in our face. He kept up with our water, beer, and food.Special Features:
- Delicious!seattlefoodieDined on 6/7/2014It had been a while since we had been to the Flying Fish but it did not disappoint. The new location is beautiful and the food was amazing as always. We had a group of six and all of us ordered different dishes and shared bites - I can't tell you what was the best as they were all amazing!!! The Flying Fish is wonderful and it will definitely be back on our hot list for great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early reservation was unnecessaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2014We had a party of 5. We began with clams, calamari, and oysters. All were fantastic, great flavors and good presentation. Entree's were all flavorful and well prepared. My only qualm was the only reservation we were able to get was a 5:45 for Saturday night. We arrived to a completely empty restaurant and the only tables sat through our dinner were walk ins with no reservation. We were there until 7:30...still empty. We were sat at a table directly behind the hostess stand...not ideal for a reservation and empty restaurant. Server was distracted, especially for having no other tables.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good...HungryDined on 6/4/2014The food was very good. Four of us met for lunch. We all drove in separately from other areas in the city, which proved to be the biggest detractor. Parking during the day in Amazon land is horrific. I understand that in the evening when all the Amazonians have fled, parking is easier and cheaper.Special Features:
- Food is always good here.FrancescaDined on 5/25/2014Our server was friendly, but she didn't really "get" the timing of our meal. I found her intrusive and pushy with regard to drinks, but then she failed to clear the salad plates before our entrees were delivered by another server. The result was an awkward shuffle that had him trying to balance cleared plates and new servings on both arms, and when he put some of them down on the empty table next to ours, the host picked that precise moment to bring a new party to that table, so he had to reverse the process and stand there with everything until our server noticed the problem and came back to our table. I thought she also lacked much of a repertoire in answering questions about wine beyond "that's dry" or "that's more sweet".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better in old locationSushimanVIPDined on 5/11/2014We used to frequent this spot before they moved. It's terrible now. Food was overcooked, service was slow, menu was 'normal'. Was much better everything when it was in Belltown. Not sure what happened.Special Features:
- Ruined Mother's Day….BrunchLos1Dined on 5/11/2014We went to brunch on Mother's day expecting a great meal. The restaurant was half full to our surprise. After ten minutes of waiting, I had to get up and ask the host if we had a waiter assigned to our table. We had to beg our waitress for bread, then didn't see her again for almost 20 minutes when our food was served. Another competent waiter who seemed to be handling several large parties thankfully filled our water glasses after we asked. She then brought our apps out, then 2 mins later brought our main course…too bad it would be cold by the time we could start eating it. Part of the order wasn't right and instead of bringing a new one, they simply brought a side. Tried to talk to someone, but NO manager working. Won't be back!
- AwesomeDscovkiVIPDined on 5/10/2014The food is really good, the drinks made by the bartender, the best. Very attentive wait staff, but not annoyingly so. Love this place.Special Features:
- Flying Fish was JumpingfishmongerDined on 5/9/2014Great place for large groups, but also very nice for small date might. Food was best I had while in Seattle visiting sister. Shared the Rockfish appetizer and had the chicken as main course. Everything complimented each other very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good by not greatjanehVIPDined on 5/2/2014Enjoyed the salmon, but prefer other options in seattleSpecial Features:
- Flying Fish...j1hall2Dined on 4/22/2014It was okay. I met my daughter for dinner, Open Table indicated the restaurant was "South Lake Union", I made the reservation expecting to be on the water...not, that's my bad. Server didn't know the menu, when we asked questions she replied; "Uhm, Uhm, let me find out". We struggled to get her attention for minutes as she was walking from point to point. Other servers just walked by...It was a Tuesday and not that busy.Special Features:
- Sunday dinningTonyDined on 4/13/2014We attanded this restraurant on a Sunday evening which was a lot less busy than our normal Saturday. All four of the dinners found the food to be of good quality and the service very friendly and attentive. The wine list is rather limited but adequate. All in all a good but not great restaurant in an up and comming area of Seattle.Special Features: