Fluke Wine Bar and Kitchen
41 Bowen's Wharf
Newport, RI 02840Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Fluke Wine Bar and Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.flukewinebar.com/
- Phone: 4018497778x
- Hours of Operation:
Winter Hours (November 11-May1) Wednesday-Saturday from 5PM
Summer Hours (May 1 - November 10) Open nightly from 5PM
Bar from 4PM on weekends
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wine
- Catering: Share the experience of Fluke Wine, Bar & Kitchen with your friends and family. Please inquire about having an event catered by Fluke.
- Private Party Facilities: Conveniently located, intimate, casual and with great views, Fluke Wine, Bar & Kitchen is a perfect spot to host any number of private events whether it is a casual dinner party for friends, a rehearsal dinner, corporate event, etc. Please inquire and we will customize a menu to suit your needs!
- Private Party Contact: Geremie Callaghan 4018497778x
- Special Events: Fluke is available for corporate events, luncheons, off-site meetings, rehearsal dinners, post wedding bruncheons, etc. Please call for more information.
- Cross Street: Banisters Wharf & America's Cup Ave
- Public Transit: Bowen's Wharf
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Bowen's Wharf and The Mooring (paid) parking lots are both easily accessible to the restaurant. Limited metered spaces are available on Thames Street (free Nov-April). Mary Street or the Gateway Center parking lots are less than 5 minutes walk from the restaurant.
Fluke can validate parking for up to two hours in the Bowen's Wharf parking lot from October through April.
A word from Fluke Wine Bar and Kitchen
Sample a variety of snacks, cheese and charcuterie, small or large plates, all inspired by local, seasonal ingredients. Extensive wine selections and award-winning cocktails in a contemporary setting with harbor views.Continued
Always a comfortable atmosphere, whatever the occasion – Fluke, Wine, Bar & Kitchen will always fit the mood!
Always a comfortable atmosphere, whatever the occasion – Fluke, Wine, Bar & Kitchen will always fit the mood!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Fluke Wine Bar and Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Newport ›
Fluke Wine Bar and Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (92)scenic view (70)romantic (64)special occasion (60)notable wine list (52)neighborhood gem (35)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (24)good for groups (15)late-night find (10)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- "Best meal I've ever had."GfjesDined on 10/18/2014My aunt was visiting Newport from Philadelphia and wanted to go out for a nice dinner. Fluke is one of my favorite places to suggest to people for special occasions, so I made a reservation for us. Fluke's best qualities are their gluten-free friendliness, wine/cocktail list, and overall yumminess! You will not be disappointed. My favorite small plate is the fried oysters with sriracha sauce and finely diced mangoes. They're coated with rice flour so they're gluten-free and a nice treat! At the end of the night, my aunt said "this is the best meal I've ever had."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice locationL02118VIPDined on 10/17/2014We enjoyed dinner here in the fall. The standouts were: the view (which was amazing at our third floor table by the window overlooking the wharf area, the cocktails (huge menu, well done), the wine list, the mussels (my husband couldn't get enough!) Our entrees, steak frites and the rabbit orrecchiette were good, not as flavorful as we expected after the mussels. Goat cheesecake was a tasty dessert. Would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014We were 3 people wanting a fun delicious dinner with a chance to talk. We were at a table upstairs. The service waas good. We were immediately asked if we wanted drinks. Dinner menus were explained. What to order was the question. The scallops were fresh and pleasing,salad fresh with wonderful buttermilk dressing.Dessert totaly decadent hazelnut panna cotta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014Fluke is a wonderful combination of delicious food, wines and specialty drinks that are a pleasure to taste and attentive subtle staff. The location on Bowen's Wharf has the vibrancy of night life. Great Choice in downtown Newport!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 9/27/2014As usual, Fluke was great. Food was delicious, drinks were great. Our server was a little lackluster but not bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is no flukeWayneDined on 9/26/2014Interesting, well prepared food, nice people staffing the restaurant, and nice locationSpecial Features:
- Best meal we had in Newport!!JickyGuerlainDined on 9/21/2014We love visiting Newport and always look forward to consistently delicious food all over town. This was our first time to dine at Fluke and it was hands down the best meal we had! Nice wine selections, too. I'd highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Tuna. just get it.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Not disappointed at all - they served some great food and large portions. Date and I had an amazing time there!Special Features:
- Glad we found it!DTandETDined on 9/14/2014Tucked away among the many dining options on the Wharf this place was a great find. Excellent service and the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBetteDined on 9/14/2014The web site was very well done leading me to expect a special meal. Unfortunately, we were both disappointed. The service was inattentive and slow. The food wasn't better than ordinary. The view was the only thing that we enjoyed.Special Features:
- Phenominal ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014It really doesn't get any better. Fantastic venue with an outstanding sunset; Food and service are the best in NewportSpecial Features:
- Excellent!!ClauDined on 9/13/2014Food was delicious and ambience was great. We really enjoyed the evening, we will definetly return next time we are in Newport.Special Features:
- DebRNDebRnDined on 9/13/2014Great Night Out, The wine list is amazing and the food was delicious!! Dim lights and candlelight made dinner very romantic and relaxing. Great Location in Newport Harbor!!Special Features:
- Great food and service!SeawolfDined on 9/6/2014Been there several times- food is always fresh, delicious and nicely plated. Service is the best. Only down side is that it can get quite noisy -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Dining ExperienceNocoDined on 9/6/2014Our first night in Newport and we wanted a casual yet upscale dining experience. What a perfect find. We were seated on the second floor by the window which allowed for a beautiful sunset view. Our waiter was very attentive but not intrusive. He allowed us time to enjoy our glass of champagne before he served the entrees and wine. The food was delicious. We had the striped bass and scallops, both cooked perfectly. The menu offers something for almost any diner, not just seafood. The wine list is very impressive for a small restaurant and the specialty cocktails are fresh and creative. Next time I am in Newport, Fluke will be first on my dining list.Special Features:
- great for first year anniversarySarahKDined on 9/5/2014My husband and I had a great time celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary dinner here. We arrived 15 minutes early but were seated right away. The server could not tell us about the wine we wanted to order so she asked her manager to stop by. He gave us an honest, thorough description of the wine and we learned he was responsible for the restaurant's wine inventory. It was a great bottle and matched the scallops and bass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014The food and wine was excellent. Our waitress was just okay. The wait staff is not very friendly and at times look like she was annoyed. We met the owner who was lovely. I would go back because the food is excellent and there is a great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ViviDined on 9/1/2014Excellent farroto and sea bass entree; veggie tart appetizer. Ceviche a little too spicey for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food is fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/31/2014we both had the seared scallops and were delighted with our meals. Attentive service and beautiful viewSpecial Features:
- Not Kid FriendlyJCJCVIPDined on 8/30/2014The restaurant had only a pasta offering and was rigid with regard to modifications. They would not let us add shrimp to my daughters meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodluv2eatDined on 8/24/2014Recommended by a friend. Went to Fluke to celebrate a Birthday, food was fantastic! Everything was uniquely prepared. Had the Tuna and the Bass and they were perfectly cooked. Highly recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but...allaspectsmatterDined on 8/23/2014The food was creative and tasty. However, the hostess was miserable and unaccommodating, not only to us, but to the people ahead of us who left immediately after she snubbed them.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner hit the markdinnerfor2Dined on 8/22/2014We were on our second day of our 10 year anniversary weekend and had a wonderful experience. The wait staff was knowledgeable. attentive and forthright. The crostini starter, shrimp appetizer and linguine were all fabulous. The bass was very good though just a little dry. Specialty drinks definitely hit the mark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServicePassingThroughDined on 8/20/2014From the get go, the service was terrible. The waitress addressed my family with a rude and condescending tone. She did not ask the table if we would like to order drinks. When my dad asked her questions about the wine list, she was combative. When we asked questions about specific items on the menu, she made us feel stupid for even asking. We decided to order an appetizer and leave immediately after. When we asked to speak with the manager, he didn't remedy the situation at all. He took the waitress's side and said, "I think you must have misunderstood her tone." This was the first time we had ever left a restaurant before ordering a meal and leaving without a tip. Terrible service, but the appetizer we did order was very good.Special Features:
- Always ExcellentLoveMyWinesVIPDined on 8/17/2014Every time me and my better-half are in Newport we make it a point to have dinner here. Service is always very good, and the food incredible. The wine list is also fantastic and the owner know's his stuff! Highly recommend trying the (always) sinful french fries with the homemade garlic aioli, rabbit, and scallops.Special Features:
- Great night out !KewpiesDined on 8/16/2014My Partner and I were treated by a life long friend to dinner and we got to pick the location. We live in CT, but also have a home in Jamestown and visit Newport offen, we wanted to try Fluke... Very satisfied with the food and service. Now that we have tasted this location, we will be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time2dineDined on 8/16/2014Food was good although very small portions... Service was disappointing... Nice ambiance . I wouldn't recommend it.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Outstanding food, presented with flair but not obstentatious ( as does Tallullah's)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable birthday dinnerKkhesterVIPDined on 8/14/2014My husband and I had a yummy meal of various shared plates: almond-stuffed dates wrapped in bacon were amazing, as was the halibut ceviche. Only disappointment was that I'd mentioned upon arrival ( and out of earshot of hubby) that it was a special birthday for my husband and wanted them to select whatever dessert to bring at end of the meal. They forgot to do this but the owner came by the table, dropped off a single candle and graciously said he'd like to comp the glass of port we shared as a birthday wish. I assume it was a lack of communication - I paid the bill and realized the port was charged. The waitress while polite seemed tired and not really happy- but the owner was very enthusiastic and passionate as he should be! Great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/11/2014My girlfriend and I came here after a day of sailing. After looking at the menu earlier in the day, we were both very excited to try this place out. Once we were seated, it took approximately 20 minutes for the waitress to ask for our drinks. The poor service continued throughout the night and the food was a disappointment. For the prices they charge, I do not recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- A FavoriteNewporterDined on 8/11/2014Fluke is a favorite among Newport locals as well as tourists. Friendly, casual dining with excellent food and good service. We enjoy Fluke often throughout the year and have never had a bad experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drgph66honestDined on 8/10/2014Don't miss this!! Outstanding meal. We loved the food and wine. Scallops were the best I have ever hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/9/2014Best food in Newport with great seating above the wharf for people watchingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Untrained staffOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014For a restaurant that prides itself on farm to table food and sources out local ingredients it is ashame that the servers and the hostess do not have the same reverence for the dining experience. Care should be taken to hire severs that understand food, enjoy people and get the value of excellent service. Good food , McDonald' s quality service. Shame on management.
- non-alcohol drinking veggie fun!MaehemDined on 8/8/2014As someone who loves and appreciates tasty alcoholic beverages I loved how many fun and creative cocktails there were! I'm taking a tiny break from the booze so I was so excited to see a whole section dedicated to non-alcoholic concoctions. The Pom Fizz was insane! So full of flavor I never even missed the alcohol:) Also loved the meatless options, tasty and way not boring. Great job Fluke! We shall return....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot!JasonDined on 8/7/2014Very impressive fish menu, nice views and overall a great night!Special Features:
- Visiting Newport oftenboatnikDined on 8/6/2014We have been to most restaurants on the waterfront and were totally surprised by this one. Presentation and food was great. A little noisy but it was worth it. Not exactly on the water but great view of the crowds milling below. It will be one of our favorites when we come next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining at FlukeNewdiner1Dined on 8/5/2014We had a great experience at Fluke. We ordered crispy oysters, tuna tartar, striped bass, roasted eggplant puree, grilled asparagus - the quality was outstanding. Our waitress was extremely helpful. We loved the atmosphere - very relaxing, yet vibrant. We sat on the second floor near the window and enjoyed the sunset, cocktails, and superb food.Special Features:
- always greatPhillyDined on 8/4/2014Fluke is one of my all time favorite restaurants. Always great food, relaxed and fun.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningMaineiacExplorerDined on 8/1/2014The service is well balanced, attentive but non-intrusive. The food is excellent, unique pairings and balanced flavors and portion sizes are perfect. The Owners take great care to check in directly with you. The wine list is excellent and the knowledge of the list is extensive. You can tell each bottle was personally selected by the Owners to match their food offerings.Special Features: