Flour Mill Restaurant
6080 Fallsview Blvd
Niagara Falls, ON L2G 3V5Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Flour Mill Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oldstoneinnhotel.com/cuisine.html
- Phone: (800) 263-6208
- Hours of Operation:
8 am TO 10 pm
Holiday Dinning Hours
Dec 24 - 8am - 3pm
Dec 25 - 11am - 3pm Brunch Only
Dec 26 - 11am - 3pm Brunch, 5pm-9pm Dinner
Dec 27-31 8am - 10pm Regular Hours *NYE Set Menu
Jan 1 - 11am - 3pm Brunch, 5-9 Dinner
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Flour Mill Restaurant
At the Flour Mill we bring together all the elements that discerning guests love about the culinary experience - extraordinary food, a notable Niagara focused wine list, quality spirits and service in surroundings that pamper with the energy, comfort and value of casual dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Flour Mill Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (9)romantic (9)special occasion (8)neighborhood gem (5)notable wine list (4)good for groups (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Truly a Hidden Gempoptart15Dined on 11/13/2014As soon as you walk into The Flour Mill restaurant, you realize that you're in for a unique experience. The stone walls (The original 'flour mill'), the vaulted ceilings, the working wood burning fireplace, the rustic-glam décor, the silent black and white films being projected onto the wall.....its all different without being pretentious. From the moment we were seated, our server, Jimmy was very attentive, but not obtrusive. Definitely going above and beyond from the start of our night to the very end. The food was delicious - seafood paella was cooked to perfection. And although its tempting to indulge in the freshly made-in-house breads, try to save room for dessert. We had the crème brule trio....so yummy! There is also a lounge (called the 1904 Lounge) which would be a great place to either start with pre-dinner cocktails or an after dinner drink. I cant think of a better way to have started a girl's night out and I'm looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DandLDined on 11/2/2014Fantastic Food with friendly and attentive service. A wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute place, a relaxing evening!Travlers5334Dined on 10/25/2014My husband & I went to Flour Mill for dinner during our 3 day weekend getaway to Niagara Falls. We picked Flour Mill for a few reasons - it was close to our hotel, it had an interesting menu, and we could reserve our table online. We also like that we can see the available reservation times through Open Table. We went for a later dinner, about 9pm, and the place was pretty quiet. There was a wedding being held in one of the side rooms. Our table was comfortable and near the cute fireplace, it was romantic! My husband and I both ordered wine, our waitress was kind enough to let me sample two wines while I was trying to decide which one to drink with dinner. The service was fantastic! The food was good, but nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- a wee bit flatGypsyTechDined on 10/18/2014My fiancé and I were celebrating our hours old engagement and were very happy to tell everyone. We were left to sit at our table without so much as a drink order for better than 10 minutes. When our server finally came around, she apologized and cited some confusion about who's table it was. My fiancé has a thing for dry sparkling rosés, and there was a rosé listed in the sparkling section... We asked if it was brut and our young server was unknowing. She quickly returned from the bar area with the bottle and poured for us to sample. If it was indeed sparkling, it had been left alone long enough to become as flat as our table. We settled on a Sauvignon Blanc and proceeded to order the same filet mignons, both came as overcooked strips.Special Features:
- Worthy of our 20 Anniversary!KatieDined on 10/15/2014We carefully looked over our options for our 20th Anniversary dinner, and saw the other reviews here and decided to try out this little gem. This restaurant was just perfect! The food was wonderful and we tend to be unusual foodies in that we don't like the complicated and overdone meals (spare us the quail please!). But this restaurant was reminiscent of many restaurants in France that we loved where they made meals that were meant for the family Sunday dinner, somewhat traditional meals but done to perfection! The wine was also well selected. I had the gnocchi which just melted and the sauce was amazing. A great find!Special Features:
- We had a light dinner which was just okay.UnhappyVIPDined on 10/11/2014Dinner was just okay, no dish too exciting. I'd try some other restaurants.
- Excellent foodSem377Dined on 10/11/2014The food is excellent. My steak was perfect and my wife's seafood was cooked perfectly as well. The atmosphere of this restaurant was a bit too quiet for my liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Run, Don't Walk, to the Flour MillTravelGirl19Dined on 10/1/2014My husband and I enjoyed a lovely dinner at the Flour Mill in early October. We dined mid-week and, while the restaurant was quiet with few guests that evening, it deserved to have many more. The food and service were very good and the ambiance lovely. The wine list has several local Ontario wines on offer and we enjoyed sampling a few. As noted by previous reviewers, do not be put off by the exterior of the Old Stone Inn when entering the restaurant. If you like loud, formulaic, chain restaurants with excessive portions and waiters who up-sell the specials and expensive menu offerings, the Flour Mill is not for you. However, if you like an authentic dining experience with good food, ambiance and service, do try the Flour Mill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WINNER OF TRIFECTAMrESDined on 8/18/2014Wife and I celebrated 35th anniversary with 3 nights in Niagara Falls. 1st night- Weinkeller, 2nd night- AG, and 3rd (actual anniversary) night at Flour Mill. This was my favorite. The old, restored building has a nice comfortable feel that sits nicely between the anything goes casualness of Weinkeller and the slightly cold elegance of AG. Although the room is open, I never was distracted by any of the other patrons. The menu is strongly influenced by local produce. After this trip, that concept of locally sourced, farm-to-table dining now tops my list in searching for new restaurants. Service was perfectly suited for the location- attentive and friendly. I had an excellent steak and my only regret was I could not possibly finish it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rare great find in niagra falls!Moe244Dined on 8/9/2014Recently opened in spring 2014, newly renovated spacious and comfortable, with an old world chiche appeal. Food locally sourced and delicious. We were only second table that late eve, and some staff were overly attentive, at the wrong times. Not a huge fault- likely growing pains. Cocktails- caeser- was huge, and great if u like hickory smoke. Caesar salad with baby kale was a unique twist on an old fav. Seafood risotto packed w seafood and succulent. Creme brûlée was worth it! A hidden gem - worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining it a must experience!withsugarontop123Dined on 8/6/2014Our experience at The Flour Mill Dining Room is definitely going to be a memorable one for sure. The ambiance and service was outstanding. The selection of food and wine choices were very good. Something there for everyone. Our server "Jimmy" was very pleasant and was able to clearly explain menu choices and offer his expertise and suggestions. The seating was fantastic! Comfortable chairs and Dining Room floor plan gave each table the feeling of intimacy. It is a must see and wish anyone else that is able to enjoy the same experience we did a wonderful time! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Flour Mill Restaurant reviews archive.