Flour - Italian Kitchen
34205 Chagrin Boulevard
Moreland Hills, OH 44022Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Flour - Italian Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.flourrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (216) 464-3700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Sunday 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Brunch: Sunday 11:00-2:30
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 2:30 pm- 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Paul Minnillo & Matthew Mytro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Special Events: Clam Bakes every Thursday, during the month of October, as well as Wine Tastings monthly! Please visit our Facebook page for additional details regarding the Clam Bakes and Wine Tastings!
A word from Flour - Italian Kitchen
Inspired by the rustic simplicity of Italian cuisine, Chef Paul Minnillo offers Italian food to his new culinary venture in Cleveland, Ohio. From Flour’s larder, he creates his own house-cured meats, hand-crafted artisanal cheeses, pastas, neopolitan wood-fired pizzas and rustic Italian specialities. Flour seeks the freshest locally raised and homegrown products harvested at their seasonal peak. We do offer first come first serve patio seating.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Flour - Italian Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Moreland Hills ›
Flour - Italian Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (90)neighborhood gem (80)hot spot (61)vibrant bar scene (60)notable wine list (57)good for groups (55)special occasion (54)great for outdoor dining (38)great for brunch (37)great for lunch (36)romantic (29)kid-friendly (20)late-night find (15)scenic view (6)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/16/2014Great place, great service, great food. Love it! Would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre.AirManDined on 11/12/2014I ordered the veal parmesan that was one of the most expensive items on the menu at $31. It was ok, but not more than that. I was expecting something better. I have had better versions at much less expensive, lower profile Italian restaurants in the area. The Italian wedding soup was very good, to be fair, but the main dish was mediocre. The service was ok until our server disappeared near the end of our meal, leaving us waiting a while before we could ask for our bill. For four people with a couple of drinks, some wine by the glass, 2 appetizers, 1 soup, 1 salad and 4 entrees, the bill including tip was over $300. It wasn't worth anywhere close to that amount, so I am not likely to go back.
- kleeDined on 11/8/2014Food was wonderful, i would highly recomend. I wish I would have tried the short ribs... the waitress talkled me into the pasta, which was good, but i should have went with the ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Cleveland Pizza...pasta too!RobertVIPDined on 11/8/2014I almost never order pizza at Flour, but somebody in my group does. I get a taste and can't believe what I'm missing, even though my order is good, too. Happened again on Saturday, this time mushroom pizza..fantastic taste, incredible crust, too good to take home and reheat. We ate everything.Special Features:
- Top PickSwissDined on 11/8/2014Excellent restaurant...excellent service...great ambiance...price points are surprisingly high...over all a great addition to the area...would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2014Thank you for a great birthday dinner! Dinner was delicious! The staff was great! I definitely recommend Flour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over all always goodLeslieDined on 11/5/2014We enjoy going to Flour. It is always good and we enjoy the food. I love that it is so close to home.Special Features:
- NoNamesPleaseDined on 11/4/2014Server was very good. Helpful with menu. Food good but most portions small for an Italian rest. Largest distraction was the nois level. Hard to hold a conversation with several people. Over all good experience. Wil go back and will recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodCarolVIPDined on 11/1/2014We have eaten here several times, but this was the best experience we have had. The service was much better and the food was outstanding!Special Features:
- foxroadheatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014great food, great nite, ate at the bar and got excellent service and recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once was enough...yummyseekerDined on 10/31/2014Service was not up to expectation considering the atmosphere and the price of food. Calamari was great, and the pizza was edible. However, the pasta dish we ordered didn't not taste freshly home made as told to us by the waitress. It actually looked and tasted like ramen noodles, heavily oiled with olive oil. Once was enough to get the curiosity out of the way. There are plenty of other places to go for better food, price and service.Special Features:
- Lunch EastOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/29/2014Flour does it again. Great Pizza and Salads for lunch. The Grilled Shrimp Nicoise was outstanding. Service incredible, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely for lunchMarcieLDined on 10/28/2014I'd been to Flour for dinner several times but never for lunch before. Service and food never disappoint. The atmosphere at lunch was lovely; perfect for catching up with a friend over a delicious lunch.Special Features:
- worst dinner!ChristinaDined on 10/25/2014Wine was bad and served a different bottle. Asked for vegetable risotto and served lamb. Manager laughed and asked if I wanted a shot. Entree never removed from bill. Poor experience!
- Fabulous find!Jschill22Dined on 10/17/2014Loved flour. This was our first visit. The staff was friendly and answered all of my menu questions with ease. She made recommendations as well. I throughly enjoyed my experience here and would go back! We dude at off the dinner menu and both of our meals were excellent. We will be going back to check out their pizza which everyone raves about- need to try it! This is definitely an upscale place so if you're not going to pizza. Expect to spend 70-100Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time, Not the LastOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014We had heard wonderful things about Flour. As first-timers to the restaurant and new "Clevelanders", we really enjoyed the food here. Our waitress was super attentive and helpful. Great wine list. We even stayed after dinner to grab an extra drink at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seriously OverpricedHoward245Dined on 10/16/201413.00 for a drink? The calamari appetizer at 13.50 would have been overpriced at 7.00 given the few bites on the plate. I have been to Flour several times, however the last time maybe 6 months ago. I will not go back. I ordered a pumpkin ravioli dinner (small portion) and it seriously looked like a kids meal. My friend had the short ribs for like 25 bucks and it was this tiny thing on a large plate by itself. I will put this in the same class as XO down the street, places to maybe try once if you want, and never return. Both of us even with salads were still hungry when we left.
- Lunch with Out-of-town GuestsOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/15/2014Sat in the bar area. I had the shrimp nicoise, out-of-town guests had Tagliatelle Bolognese and a Margherita Pizza, we shared the chorizo dates as an appetizer. They were floored. CLE is on the map!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrationcelebrationVIPDined on 10/14/2014it is so nice to treat ourselves to special dinners during the week. thoroughly enjoyed everything about the evening. the food was great as was the atmosphere. thanks. it is great to have such a nice spot so close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Flavorful DinnerbuckeyegalVIPDined on 10/11/2014Just love coming to Flour, my Open Table requests have always been accommodated and the staff goes out of their way to make the evening special as a couple or in our group. The menu selections are always packed with Italian Comfort food and inventive/flavorful seasonal specials. You can always enjoy the Italian Wedding soup, some of the best in town, the flat bread pizzas, Chicken Cacciatore or Seafood item. The service staff is attentive and entertaining, the only downfall ~the mixed drinks...usually takes a 2nd time to get the request down. On the positive, the bar is always packed, loud, and energetic, great for people watching until your table is ready. A neighborhood favorite. Valet parking is available. Open for brunch too.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and food!LauralgDined on 10/10/2014We tried a new fall menu item and it was great! They keep the menu items that people love, but also add a few news ones in. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon voyageavidclefoodieDined on 10/9/2014Great business dinner. Must say, I don't like truffle salt (on the lobstah pasta). Only time I've been when I didn't care for what I ordered. Not their fault though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed Flour alot!wineloverVIPDined on 10/7/2014We took another couple to Flour as our guests. It was their first time there and they loved it! Tuesday is our favorite night of the week there as they offer half-price wines by the bottle. It's fun to enjoy a bottle (or 2) of wine we would not normally order in a restaurant. Our server recommended a great cab that we definately try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New East Side FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/6/2014We sat at the bar with Morgan, dining room was very busy on this particular day. Clam chowder special was phenomenal! Pizza is the best in town. Will be back very soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking for brunchSundaybrunchDined on 10/5/2014Fun, eclectic atmosphere... Eggs Benedict were perfect! Some food was extremely salty. My son loved the oversized stuffed French Toast!Special Features:
- Great pasta and pizzaRobertVIPDined on 10/4/2014As the name implies, Flour makes their own pastas and pizza doughs and the difference in taste is obvious. Se might say the place is not "authentic" Italian. To them I'd respond, "try the Chicken Cacciatore."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014The calamari was the highlight of a very disappointing meal - and anybody can do calamari ok. Our party of 5 had a hard time finding anything to get excited about - let alone to consider ever returning. The pizzas were fair. The spaghetti con vongole was awful, (onions?) the eggplant meatballs bland... To be fair though - the space is very nice and the drinks are good.
- PizzakenyongalVIPDined on 10/3/2014A gloomy Friday night in October was made instantly warm and comforting thanks to the excellent Funghi and Bianca Pizzas served at Flour. Enough to share or take home, these pizzas never fail to delight our family with an excellent cracker thin crust and wonderful toppings. Paired with a salad and red wine, you can never go wrong here. Thanks!Special Features:
- doc6465Dined on 10/3/2014I've enjoyed a good food and an Ambiance. I'll recommend this restaurant to my friends any time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just the best!bleeVIPDined on 9/28/2014I love this place! The food is awesome and the service is great! Try the tagliatelle Bolognese, best I ever had. Great stone oven pizzas, great wine selection, moderate prices.Special Features:
- Busy EveningSilooetDined on 9/27/2014Our dining experience this time was not typical. It was Homecoming for University School, and this was the place for many of the couples to come. Therefore, there were large numbers of teenagers, which made the restaurant a bit louder than normal. There was also a large number of 12 - 16 tops, so the kitchen was swamped at times. With all of that, the service staff was well prepared, and was very attentive to us all evening. Also, the quality of the food that we received was very good. We were not rushed in any way, and the evening was quite enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BertmxDined on 9/25/2014With an almost empty dining room, 4 parties were seated next to each other. I know this was done to keep the servers tables together, but we felt cramped in a nearly empty room.Special Features:
- DinerDined on 9/25/2014The four of us celebrated all of our birthdays together at lunch and our waiter recognized we were going to visit, open presents and eat lunch. He was knowledgeable about the food, offered suggestions, attentive, but not intrusive. A special surprise for all of us was 3 plates of complimentary desserts which were all delicious. We have already made plans to return for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table for 8Farley5Dined on 9/20/2014We had another great experience at Flour and plan to keep gong back. Food was great and service was excellent:)Special Features:
- Everything was perfect!!AlyseVIPDined on 9/20/2014The ambiance was perfect, the server was wonderful, the food was incredible! The Gnocchi with oxtail was potentially the greatest thing my husband or I have ever had. The mussels were cooked perfectly! The salmon was amazing and the heirloom tomato salad was so tasty! Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- Housewives -FOODIE4MeVIPDined on 9/18/2014a Peyton Place bar group ... the 'housewives' come to hang out-creates a LOT of noise! Bartenders, service staff & wait staff get lost trying to help bar area customers-while our wine couldn't be found - food delivery was slow, wait staff not refill water or wine glasses, Waitress was slow at bringing food, nothing appetizing in caesar's salad, burata, or veal. 1 Short rib was DRY. We do not need to come back for a long time if ever! So sad to see this place deteriorate.Special Features:
- FlourDianeDined on 9/17/2014Enjoyed the food very much! Except for the so-so calamari, the rest of the meal was delicious and interesting. I had a lobster/pasta dish the was perfection! They were trying a new custard dessert that would make me head back here just to taste it again! SUBERB and probably the best dessert I've ever had! Please add it to he menu permanently! Attentive service. My only complaint was the noise level. Very hard to converse. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable neighborhood placeRobbVIPDined on 9/16/2014Food is good, if not creative. Location is convenient and parking is free. This is a basic Italian restaurant with a very limited menu. That being said, it is a good spot for a quick meal. Lunch is easy to get in for, but have a reservation for dinner, or the wait could be long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/16/2014We came into celebrate over lunch. Fantastic salads, great service and even a free homemade ice cream bar for dessert in honor of the birthday. Will be back again soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/13/2014Had the short rib, it was fabulous. The pizza was also great, very authentic.I would recommend this to a friend.