Flour - Italian Kitchen
34205 Chagrin Boulevard
Moreland Hills, OH 44022Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Flour - Italian Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.flourrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2164643700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Sunday 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Brunch: Sunday 11:00-2:30
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 2:30 pm- 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Paul Minnillo & Matthew Mytro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Special Events: Clam Bakes every Thursday, during the month of October, as well as Wine Tastings monthly! Please visit our Facebook page for additional details regarding the Clam Bakes and Wine Tastings!
A word from Flour - Italian Kitchen
Inspired by the rustic simplicity of Italian cuisine, Chef Paul Minnillo offers Italian food to his new culinary venture in Cleveland, Ohio. From Flour’s larder, he creates his own house-cured meats, hand-crafted artisanal cheeses, pastas, neopolitan wood-fired pizzas and rustic Italian specialities. Flour seeks the freshest locally raised and homegrown products harvested at their seasonal peak. We do offer first come first serve patio seating.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Flour - Italian Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Moreland Hills ›
Flour - Italian Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (93)neighborhood gem (81)vibrant bar scene (58)good for groups (58)notable wine list (57)hot spot (57)special occasion (53)great for outdoor dining (47)great for lunch (46)great for brunch (31)romantic (26)kid-friendly (18)late-night find (16)scenic view (4)Show More
- Fabulous find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Loved flour. This was our first visit. The staff was friendly and answered all of my menu questions with ease. She made recommendations as well. I throughly enjoyed my experience here and would go back! We dude at off the dinner menu and both of our meals were excellent. We will be going back to check out their pizza which everyone raves about- need to try it! This is definitely an upscale place so if you're not going to pizza. Expect to spend 70-100Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time, Not the LastOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014We had heard wonderful things about Flour. As first-timers to the restaurant and new "Clevelanders", we really enjoyed the food here. Our waitress was super attentive and helpful. Great wine list. We even stayed after dinner to grab an extra drink at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seriously OverpricedHoward245Dined on 10/16/201413.00 for a drink? The calamari appetizer at 13.50 would have been overpriced at 7.00 given the few bites on the plate. I have been to Flour several times, however the last time maybe 6 months ago. I will not go back. I ordered a pumpkin ravioli dinner (small portion) and it seriously looked like a kids meal. My friend had the short ribs for like 25 bucks and it was this tiny thing on a large plate by itself. I will put this in the same class as XO down the street, places to maybe try once if you want, and never return. Both of us even with salads were still hungry when we left.
- celebrationcelebrationVIPDined on 10/14/2014it is so nice to treat ourselves to special dinners during the week. thoroughly enjoyed everything about the evening. the food was great as was the atmosphere. thanks. it is great to have such a nice spot so close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and food!LauralgDined on 10/10/2014We tried a new fall menu item and it was great! They keep the menu items that people love, but also add a few news ones in. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon voyageavidclefoodieDined on 10/9/2014Great business dinner. Must say, I don't like truffle salt (on the lobstah pasta). Only time I've been when I didn't care for what I ordered. Not their fault though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed Flour alot!wineloverVIPDined on 10/7/2014We took another couple to Flour as our guests. It was their first time there and they loved it! Tuesday is our favorite night of the week there as they offer half-price wines by the bottle. It's fun to enjoy a bottle (or 2) of wine we would not normally order in a restaurant. Our server recommended a great cab that we definately try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New East Side FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/6/2014We sat at the bar with Morgan, dining room was very busy on this particular day. Clam chowder special was phenomenal! Pizza is the best in town. Will be back very soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking for brunchSundaybrunchDined on 10/5/2014Fun, eclectic atmosphere... Eggs Benedict were perfect! Some food was extremely salty. My son loved the oversized stuffed French Toast!Special Features:
- Great pasta and pizzaRobertVIPDined on 10/4/2014As the name implies, Flour makes their own pastas and pizza doughs and the difference in taste is obvious. Se might say the place is not "authentic" Italian. To them I'd respond, "try the Chicken Cacciatore."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014The calamari was the highlight of a very disappointing meal - and anybody can do calamari ok. Our party of 5 had a hard time finding anything to get excited about - let alone to consider ever returning. The pizzas were fair. The spaghetti con vongole was awful, (onions?) the eggplant meatballs bland... To be fair though - the space is very nice and the drinks are good.
- PizzakenyongalVIPDined on 10/3/2014A gloomy Friday night in October was made instantly warm and comforting thanks to the excellent Funghi and Bianca Pizzas served at Flour. Enough to share or take home, these pizzas never fail to delight our family with an excellent cracker thin crust and wonderful toppings. Paired with a salad and red wine, you can never go wrong here. Thanks!Special Features:
- doc6465Dined on 10/3/2014I've enjoyed a good food and an Ambiance. I'll recommend this restaurant to my friends any time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just the best!bleeVIPDined on 9/28/2014I love this place! The food is awesome and the service is great! Try the tagliatelle Bolognese, best I ever had. Great stone oven pizzas, great wine selection, moderate prices.Special Features:
- Busy EveningSilooetDined on 9/27/2014Our dining experience this time was not typical. It was Homecoming for University School, and this was the place for many of the couples to come. Therefore, there were large numbers of teenagers, which made the restaurant a bit louder than normal. There was also a large number of 12 - 16 tops, so the kitchen was swamped at times. With all of that, the service staff was well prepared, and was very attentive to us all evening. Also, the quality of the food that we received was very good. We were not rushed in any way, and the evening was quite enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BertmxDined on 9/25/2014With an almost empty dining room, 4 parties were seated next to each other. I know this was done to keep the servers tables together, but we felt cramped in a nearly empty room.Special Features:
- DinerDined on 9/25/2014The four of us celebrated all of our birthdays together at lunch and our waiter recognized we were going to visit, open presents and eat lunch. He was knowledgeable about the food, offered suggestions, attentive, but not intrusive. A special surprise for all of us was 3 plates of complimentary desserts which were all delicious. We have already made plans to return for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table for 8Farley5Dined on 9/20/2014We had another great experience at Flour and plan to keep gong back. Food was great and service was excellent:)Special Features:
- Everything was perfect!!AlyseVIPDined on 9/20/2014The ambiance was perfect, the server was wonderful, the food was incredible! The Gnocchi with oxtail was potentially the greatest thing my husband or I have ever had. The mussels were cooked perfectly! The salmon was amazing and the heirloom tomato salad was so tasty! Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- Housewives -FOODIE4MeVIPDined on 9/18/2014a Peyton Place bar group ... the 'housewives' come to hang out-creates a LOT of noise! Bartenders, service staff & wait staff get lost trying to help bar area customers-while our wine couldn't be found - food delivery was slow, wait staff not refill water or wine glasses, Waitress was slow at bringing food, nothing appetizing in caesar's salad, burata, or veal. 1 Short rib was DRY. We do not need to come back for a long time if ever! So sad to see this place deteriorate.Special Features:
- FlourDianeDined on 9/17/2014Enjoyed the food very much! Except for the so-so calamari, the rest of the meal was delicious and interesting. I had a lobster/pasta dish the was perfection! They were trying a new custard dessert that would make me head back here just to taste it again! SUBERB and probably the best dessert I've ever had! Please add it to he menu permanently! Attentive service. My only complaint was the noise level. Very hard to converse. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable neighborhood placeRobbVIPDined on 9/16/2014Food is good, if not creative. Location is convenient and parking is free. This is a basic Italian restaurant with a very limited menu. That being said, it is a good spot for a quick meal. Lunch is easy to get in for, but have a reservation for dinner, or the wait could be long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/16/2014We came into celebrate over lunch. Fantastic salads, great service and even a free homemade ice cream bar for dessert in honor of the birthday. Will be back again soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/13/2014Had the short rib, it was fabulous. The pizza was also great, very authentic.I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a favoriteavidclefoodieDined on 9/13/2014the food here never disappoints and i agree they have the best pizza anywhere. can't beat the tagliatelle bolognese although i am not certain i know anyone that would be able to order, eat and finish the large portion (took home most of the small). and i just discovered they have the best calamari appetizer in town. hadn't tried it before this visit as i like to be adventurous with the new menu items. it's the right size and the preparation was perfect all the way. it's a lively place as others have mentioned so if you want a quiet spot this is not that place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/12/2014We've been there a few times. Each we're hoping for a foodie experience that matches all the hype. Not yet. It's expensive and the food is unimpressive.
- LOUDGregDined on 9/6/2014Very loud. Food was good but we had to shout all night.
- Another home run at Flour!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Our favorite neighborhood hang. Best pizza in town. My husband & I shared the heirloom tomato pie and a small tagliatelle (my go-to here, not to be missed). Ciabatta bread served in cast iron crock is new, great flavor. Outstanding wines by the glass. Our server treated us to a round of lemoncello when we passed on dessert! A nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestnoida333VIPDined on 9/5/2014The bread, the bolognese, the incredible peach panzanella dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodGaryDined on 8/31/2014Great food. They need to sell chocolate desserts! No chocolate!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014OK FOOD, OK AMOUNT OF FOOD, BUT I FEEL TOO EXPENSIVE .Special Features:
- Great Anniversary Dinner!CLEfoodieDined on 8/29/2014We had a great dinner here for our anniversary. The staff was very knowledgeable about the wine list and they brought us a lovely complementary dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flour is "thumbs up"RobertVIPDined on 8/29/2014"rustic Italian" is how Flour wants to be known. Since the place opened, food and service have been uneven. At rhe moment both are near outstanding. Flour is busy, very boisy but not without charm. "Rustic Italian" in either decor or menu offerings it is NOT! More eclectic American. Pizzas and pastas are fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Returned 2nd time Very disappointedlocalfoodieVIPDined on 8/26/2014After a fabulous first time meal at Flour a few weeks ago, I was driven to return right away. Unfortunately the 2nd visit was not comparable with the 1st. The bartender convinced us to stay at the bar, stating that we would receive "better service," unfortunately that was not the case. Service was poor at best. Asked for bread 3 times. My friends pizza was burned; The pasta that I specifically went back for (with clams) was off the menu. I asked if they could just make the pasta & sauce portion of the dish without the clams, as we were told the clams haven't been good, the kitchen would not accommodate the request. Very turned off & didn't order an alternative dish. Expectations certainly not met on this subsequent visit.Special Features:
- Consistently DeliversOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014I enjoy Flour very frequently. The dishes on the menu are always well prepared. The service is quick and friendly. Overall, one of my favorite spots on the east side of town.Special Features:
- Birthday VisitmrspacmanDined on 8/24/2014We went for our son's 9th birthday dinner celebration. As a side note, the restaurant does not have a children's menu. However, the dinner options do come in smaller portions. My boys are foodies and thankfully, do not need a children's menu to eat. We started with crispy calamari, best I have ever had, and beef carpaccio. For dinner we enjoyed salmon, porchetta, ricotta angolotti, and tagatelle pasta. Dinner was amazing and we throroughly enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- Good food enhances friendships.FoodnymphDined on 8/24/2014Wine very good. Salmon excellent. Salads very good. Dessert excellent. Chicken Parmesan rated 'F'. My husband has taken many excellent cooking classes and worked in restaurants. He was very disappointed w/this entree. So, we are coming back for salmon and bringing friends. My husband's review of the chicken Parmesan: My opinion of a new restaurant is obtained by chicken or veal parmesan--I ordered the chicken and it could have been warmed-up from last week in a microwave. Not tender and little flavor, as was the marinara on the spaghetti. Very disappointing, only ate 1/3 of it all. The salmon, however, was excellent! Snuck a bite from my wife.fSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScottVIPDined on 8/23/2014Food, nothing specal, Pizza joint.Service fair to poor. Servers didn't know product. Would I return, no . Great looking place, could be so much better. Price point and value proposition do not align. There is no WOW.Special Features:
- Nice but not quite...Just4funDined on 8/22/2014While taking my girlfriend out for a special dinner, I was looking for a nice place with classy ambiance and a quality menu. The place is nice but not the atmosphere we had in mind. It was loud. Noticeably busy. Slightly over the top for what the menu offered. Food was not bad, again, yet not exceptional. Perhaps it's an off day. Might consider it another time and day with another menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014Waiter was rude. Only good thing on the menu is the bolognese. Was way too loud. Was way too expensive. Pizza was burned. Gnocchi was horrible. Really disappointed to have to take this one off my list. This is not the first time it has been a bad experience at Flour.