Flour and Vine Restaurant & Wine Bar
300 South Lamar
Austin, TX 78704Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Flour and Vine Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://flourandvine.com/
- Phone: 5124744846
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
Dinner: Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Tony Clevenger
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering is available and can be customized per request.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining is available for parties of 50 or more and can be organized in the restaurant or on the patio.
- Private Party Contact: Chak Yarlagadda 5126896971
- Entertainment: Thursday through Saturday nights, guests can be serenaded by the staff singing sultry jazz songs.
A word from Flour and Vine Restaurant & Wine Bar
Our goal is to provide Austin with culinary creations that will satisfy any palate, while promoting a sense of community and stewardship. We feel it is important to use quality and sustainable ingredients in our dishes to provide customers with a wholesome dining experience. Our passion for comfort food allows us to transform traditional dishes by adding a unique twist. With influences from all over the globe, our menu is both simple and diverse. We strive to create a memorable experience for our guests in this rustic, yet modern restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Flour and Vine Restaurant & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Central Austin ›
Flour and Vine Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (40)romantic (31)great for outdoor dining (30)notable wine list (28)special occasion (25)good for groups (24)vibrant bar scene (16)great for brunch (8)hot spot (8)great for lunch (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great pre-Show diningLukejbhDined on 9/18/2014We love the small plates at Flour and Vine.--just right for a pre-theater dinner.Special Features:
- perfect date nightLauraMDined on 9/6/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Flour and Vine. The service was excellent, the atmosphere really pleasant, and the food and wine was just terrific. In addition, there was a jazz duo playing and they were wonderful! It was a wonderful place for my date night with my husband. We really loved our evening and look forward to a return.Special Features:
- great spot for good food and drinksfoodie78746VIPDined on 9/5/2014I love going to Flour and Vine. The service is great, there is free covered parking behind the building with an easy in and out and the food is inventive, clean, fresh and delicious. It has a great happy hour menu also. The sound level is not loud and frenetic like in so many good restaurants in Austin. I highly recommend Flour and Vine for a wonderfully relaxing and special meal.Special Features:
- Rediscovery2happycatsDined on 9/3/2014Enjoyed our meal and the excellent service. The waiter was enthusiastic and attentive. The food was well-prepared and presented. Glad we decided to return for dinner.Special Features:
- Nice spot outside of right downtownaaronb13Dined on 8/29/2014Had a good dinner here on a Friday night. Live music was a nice touch, although sitting right next to them made conversation a bit tricky. The appetizers started our meal of great. Mac and Cheese and the habenero honey Brie were both amazing. Had the shrimp and grits and the mahi for entrees. Disappointed in the Mahi (too salty and bitter), but the shrimp were very good. Overall, was a good experience and would go back again if only for the mac and cheese :).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingHungryRunnerDined on 8/23/2014Our reservation was at 615pm (early dinner seating in my opinion). The restaurant was busier than I expected it to be at that time, however, it did not feel overly crowded which was nice. We noticed most tables ordering the ROCK FISH IN PARCHMENT so we decided to give it a try since there must be a reason it was so popular. To my surprise, our waiter came by after we had ordered to tell us they were out of this menu item. For a restaurant to run out of their most popular dish before 7pm was pretty terrible planning in my mind. We ordered the PAN SEARED SNAPPER instead, but I found it to be flavorless and I could definitely make better myself at home. The service we received was great, but almost too "stiff" or "formal" for my taste.
- Great food, tough service nightFivestarDiveDined on 8/13/2014The food was really good especially the pork chop. They were short handed so the mngr(?) waited on us and was very kind & apologetic but waiting tables isn't his forté. The acoustics are strange so it can be very loud if there is a large group nearby or after they leave, a loud person across the room can be heard word for word. They had a difficult time cleaning the tables because of being short handed as well. It may be that the staff needs better training in efficiency but not by the manager...poor thing, he was all over the place. He did however offer us their bread pudding on the house as an apology and it was delicious! Good business move...we will give them another try and might try HH as well.Special Features:
- First ImpressionceliDined on 8/12/2014First time at this place and I would highly recommend it to my family and friends. Appetizers were good and they had a good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad.. but not fantastic...BucketListerDined on 8/3/2014This one has been on our bucket list for a while now so we were really excited to go. We were there on a Sunday night around 7:30 and the place was a ghost town. They were out of the two dished we wanted, which was odd since we were in an empty restaurant. The potato salad app was delicious, probably the best part of the meal. I ordered the drum which came out still wrapped in the dirty parchment paper it was cooked in. The rice was crunchy and undercooked and the fish itself was a bit salty. My date ordered the lamb linguini which was tasty but nothing special and certainly not worth $17. We may try happy hour sometime but we will not be back for a meal any time soon.Special Features:
- Must try!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Food was amazing, especially Black Drum, Lamb Linguine, and Beef Wellington. Great wine list with affordable variety. Mixed drinks also delicious - try the sauzerac. For dessert, Bread Pudding is extraordinary! We had a party of 7 and everyone enjoyed their entrees. Service was friendly, accommodating, comfortable. Will definitely recommend and return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown Gem!VespagirlDined on 8/1/2014First time to Four and Vine. Drove by it many times and glad we finally made reservations. It's a wonderful gem! Food was outstanding especially the nut crusted Brie. Wine options plentiful. Service of a knowledgeable and kind wait staff. Many downtown locations are so loud, but this was the perfect atmosphere for catching up with old friends. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Pre-TheatreAustinDinerDined on 7/31/2014I love to come here before enjoying a play at Zach Scott Theatre. Walking distance to Zach -- and they have a great wine list. The small plates are perfect for a quick bite before the show and its fun to share with the table.
- Great foodMargaritaDined on 7/29/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Flour and Vine. The Shrimp with Grits was fantastic. Our waitperson was very nice and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as usual!davidhDined on 7/26/2014Flour and Vine never fails. Very good food, wine, and cocktails. We try to go there before we go to Zach Theater. We will continue to go there as we like everything about the place. The Zach crowd should really take advantage of this place (I'm almost hesitant to tell folks). Tee-hee.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014Great spot for dinner before a show at Zach Scott. It took a little too long between ordering and the food arriving at the table. Otherwise everything was well done.
- First Timegood2goDined on 7/23/2014My wife and I went for dinner at Flour and Vine prior to attending the ZACH Theatre. Great find. The food was delicious and the presentation to match. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theatre dinner and wineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014We had a great experience with a pre-theatre dinner at your restaurant on Saturday. The food was divine and the service and atmosphere were really wonderful. They timed everything well for us to be able to make our show as well.
- Good Food and Close to Zack TheaterDadFoodCriticVIPDined on 7/16/2014We usually eat here befor going to Zack Theater. The food is usually good and the ambience is great. I have noticed the service is always a little slow. Drinks take a bit of time to come out and the wait staff seems to be alway rushed or understaffed. Don't get me wrong- great place and good food and decent drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseGeohesDined on 7/11/2014We happened on to flour and vine as a dinner before theater spot and were pleasantly surprised on how good the food was as well as the service being able to accommodate our theater start time...the place was packed so glad we had reservations...very convenient to Zach'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseAmber722Dined on 7/5/2014We were super surprised and pleased by this discovery. We had 815 dinner reservations and the place had a man playing guitar set up. It was quiet, intimate and every recommendation our server made was outstanding. Food was amazing and it made for a wonderful night out. Look forward to going back and trying something else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a keeperfoodieDined on 6/29/2014We decided to try it because there was a groupon. Boy, were we surprised! It is lovely, very pleasant decor, conveniently located, plenty of parking, the service was great. We loved our fried green tomato with goat cheese appetizer. Also ordered shrimp and grits, which were as good as we had in deep south and baked fish with fennel and other veggies in parchment paper was very aromatic and delicious. Will definitely go back and recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another fine evening at F & VBeckyVIPDined on 6/25/2014One of our favorite spur of the moment dining spots---always reliably good..Special Features:
- excellenttxagdinerDined on 6/25/2014Our server was knowledgeable, helpful, courteous and attentive. Food was flavorful. The tart for dessert was delicious. We were stuffed. Will recommend and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful restaurant findfoodie78746VIPDined on 6/22/2014The food at Flour and Vine is inventive, delicious, and perfectly prepared. After dining a number of times including happy hour and for Sunday brunch, I can highly recommend Flour and Vine to my friends. The items on the menu are all expertly prepared and there is variety for every taste. The prices are reasonable and the drinks and wines well chosen. My vegetarian friends have all found something they like as well as the rest of us omnivores. The service has always been very friendly, professional and efficient. My favorite spot for high quality, dependable food and service. I've also seen friends having dinner before theatre at Zach Scott, another great idea!Special Features:
- Awesome Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014This was the best food I've had in a restaurant in a long time! I had the black drum fish in parchment, and it was flavorful and well-cooked. The sides that came with it were also wonderful. We had the habanero honey brie appetizer and it was amazing. We also had the chicken and smoked gouda casserole, which was great too. The wine suggested by our server went great with the food and didn't cost an arm and a leg (Roth Cabernet Sauvignon)! For dessert we had the goat cheese graham cracker tart, which was interesting, different, and really good! The dishes were more creative and interesting than the dishes prepared in many restaurants that would fall into the same category as this one. An overall very positive and memorable experience!Special Features:
- Great pre theater diningLukejbhDined on 6/21/2014Dependably good food, service, in convient location.Special Features:
- Great for pre-Zach Scott diningpbltlovesfoodDined on 6/21/2014We came here for dinner before seeing a show at nearby Zach Scott. The parking garage is free, and it's just a short walk to the theater. But convenience isn't the only factor. The menu was filled with interesting choices. We started with the Habanero Honey Brie appetizer. 3 pieces of panko crusted brie with a habanero honey dipping sauce. Delicious! We then shared the soup of the day, a tomato based soup with vegetables and pork. Tasty, but I found it a bit too salty for my liking. We then shared orders of Beef Wellington and Seared Mahi Mahi. Both were excellent. Our server was very friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient. Mention you're going to Zach Scott and you get a free appetizer! We'll return for sure!Special Features:
- Dano88Dined on 6/20/2014Some of the most delicious food I've had in Austin... the aromas alone were enough! The macaroni and cheese and potato salad as not to be missed. The one disappointment was the lack of salad selection -- definitely a need to expand the variety of salads to accompany the meals. Excellent wine selection -- and extremely friendly service.Special Features:
- Nice surprise!!RADNEYDined on 6/20/2014Had not hear much about this place so we tried it out. Very pleased with everything as the food was great, guy playing the piano was really good but the noise level was a little high. Will definitely go back!!Special Features:
- Great atmosphereYeziDined on 6/20/2014Great place for our 6 party group. We had business meeting mixed with hearing friend play piano. All requirements met.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food? Nice. Drinks? Not so muchAustinFoodieDined on 6/19/2014Our group had a nice evening at Flour and Vine on our first visit there. Service was very friendly but getting things out to the table took a long time. Good thing we weren't in a hurry. Gave us time for drinks which were pretty disappointing. Thinking about it later, I should have sent my Moscow Mule back to the bartender with a "Where's the vodka?" My wife had a French 75 that tasted like "lemony Prosecco". In other words the important liquors were not mixed well into the drink, or the bartender was just light on them that night. I can never understand why restaurants think that is a good idea, when doing the opposite is what gets customers talking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this little restaurantHornsFan73VIPDined on 6/15/2014I so want this restaurant to succeed, as it is one of my favorite restaurants in Austin! We have had several enjoyable special occasions there now: a girls' night for a birthday, a wonderful family dinner with a large group, and most recently, Father's Day brunch. My husband and I also enjoyed a nice happy hour before a play at Zach Scott - so convenient. In addition to the good food and great service, I love that the restaurant has a parking garage! Traffic and parking are such hassles in Austin these days, and this is such a nice feature. I also like the acoustical features in the restaurant - you can actually have a conversation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!ChuckCDined on 6/15/2014We recently tried Flour and Vine's Sunday brunch and had an excellent experience. The food and drinks were delicious (and reasonably priced) and our service was outstanding. Highly recommend for dinner, happy hour and brunch!Special Features:
- Great PlaceRoccoRonzoniDined on 6/13/2014We like this place a lot. Great food, nice people, good wine, etc. We'll be back often.Special Features:
- Great pre-Zach dining8trackVIPDined on 6/11/2014I love the Schlotzky's that's next door to the Zach, but it's great to have a nice meal with wine before walking over. My wife and I shared the drum en papillote over bok choy, and it was absolutely delicious. The reason we shared was that they failed to serve my wife the pork chop she had ordered. When they discovered the error they immediately apologized profusely and worked hard to make it up to us, which they did by comping us a very tasty bread pudding. Very good wine list, and both food and wine are very reasonably priced. We plan to return even if we're not going to the Zach.
- BrendaDined on 6/6/2014We came for my boyfriend's birthday as we had been before and he wanted to go back. The music for dinner was nice, but if it had been cooler I would have eaten outside. We ordered the mahi mahi and the hangar steak with drinks before dinner. They were both very good and reasonably priced. We shared the bread pudding and thought it great. We would go back sometime as it isn't too expensive and the quality is good compared to some other places in town.Special Features:
- jenniferDined on 6/4/2014Flour & Vine was a nice little spot we are glad we tried. I would go again and would also try the Sunday brunch. The entrees (3 of us) were all very good. The apps and desserts were not as strong--not bad, but not great.Special Features:
- Great placeHappydinerDined on 5/30/2014This restaurant is ideally located, close to Zach Scott so perfect for pre-theater dining, but also great for any time as it's easy to get to and easy to park. The food is delicious and the cocktail menu is very creative and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedglobalmomDined on 5/30/2014We went for a graduation dinner. The service was excellent. The food, however, extremely disappointing. The presentation was lovely, but literally every dish had some major issue- and we ordered 6, so it was quite a sampling. Things were too salty, burned, underdone, cold, off- tasting. They looked so beautiful but boy were we disappointed .Special Features:
- Best meal yet at Flour and VineTexasSourdoughVIPDined on 5/28/2014We have often eaten at Flour and Vine over the past year before plays at the Zach theater and once again we were there for an early dinner. Started in the bar with a couple of happy hour beers and the Humboldt Fog Cheese and Sausage plate which was excellent. Then over to the dining area where we shared the Fried Brie with Habanero Honey - also excellent. For main courses we had the Chicken Marsala with Fettucine and Spaghetti with Lamb Ragu - both very good. Service was Good to Very Good. We think the prices are reasonable. Recommended.Special Features:
- The following 167 reviews are from the Flour and Vine Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews archive.