1602 17th Street NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://florianarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2026675937
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Scott Perry
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact for information.
- Private Party Contact: Rachel Tapper 2026675937
A word from Floriana
Floriana offers authentic Italian recipes with handmade pastas in the most comfortable of environments. Located in DC's Dupont Circle neighborhood, in a historic brick stone row house that has been converted into a cozy restaurant, but hasn't given up the feel of coming over to someones home for dinner. Offering a seasonal menu of fresh and local ingredients Floriana has developed a reputation for consistent, high quality, authentic, feel good dishes at a great value. Our pledge of superior service is matched only by our ability to make every guest feel welcome and comfortable when joining us for a DC dining experience.We pay special attention to every guest that chooses Floriana.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Floriana reviews from OpenTable diners
239 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (178)great for outdoor dining (129)fit for foodies (127)romantic (124)special occasion (107)notable wine list (67)great for brunch (27)good for groups (17)great for lunch (16)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (6)late-night find (5)Show More
- Loved it.....OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/20/2014We went there for our last night visit in DC. They were friendly and we had a very pleasant evening. Our waiter was charming and professional, he gave us the feeling that he really care that you feel at home and that you like what you eat. But also the others and as a matter of fact each of the staff. My husband says that it is one of the best stakes that he had for a long time and I had rhe ravioli lobster that was wonderful. We did not share the desserts as each of us liked his own very much; tiramisu and chocolate tort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another very satisfying meal!SwissMrs02VIPDined on 10/19/2014It has been nearly a year since I was last at Floriana, and it was still as amazing as ever. I was craving their braised short rib raviolis, but my disappointment was short lived after sharing 2 appetizers with my friends (Calamari Fritti and the Black Gnocchi with, Andoille Sausage, Rock Shrimp in a lobster sauce... both a pleasure to consume!) I had the pumpkin papperadelle with a spicy wild boar ragu. My dinner guests had Lasagna, Scallop & Shrimp Risotto and a Goat Cheese Agnolotti (mini raviolis) with Shrimp. We all had to share a bite and brag who had the best! The meal ended on a high note with a Nutella Tart, Pistachio Panna Cotta and Tiramisu. With 1/2 price wine on Sunday we splurged on a sumptuous Barolo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Wonderful ambiance--in a small house converted to a restaurant. Wonderful food--I went there after just getting back from Florence, and I barely noticed the difference. Great spot in a wonderful location.Special Features:
- Truly excellent mealJoeyDined on 10/18/2014We were very pleased this restaurant was recommended to us. Lovely converted townhouse and a superior menu. Best appetizers I've had in a very long time. Will definitely repeat the experience!Special Features:
- Would definitely go back.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/18/2014They have a very nice selection of pastas on the menu, so if you are in a a noodle mood, I would highly recommend. Their gnocchi were some of the best ever. I had the black gnocchi with shrimp as an appetizer and was very pleased. The duck breast for dinner was also very good, although a little salty. The honey ice cream for desert was a winner. Everyone at our table had a great time, with great food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Inattentive service tasty foodSweettoothDined on 10/17/2014Our waiter was constantly at his other tables but rarely at ours, coffee arrived without the ordered dessert which we ended up canceling after waiting 20 minutes. Appetizer calamari was tasty as were the main dishes although our waiter did not describe the dishes accuratelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyDavidVIPDined on 10/17/2014Great food with an outdoor patio, although service was spotty at times, the food and setting more than made up for it.Special Features:
- Fantastic Experience!PhillytomVIPDined on 10/16/2014Our party consisted of 3 adults and two young children (6 & 8). Everything was perfect. Al of the staff did a wonderful job, and food exceeded expectations.Special Features:
- Amazing Italian cuisineLaughingLionDined on 10/15/2014The autumn menu features a number of brilliantly executed pasta dishes. Everything we had was rich and flavorful without seeming too heavy. The place is a bit crowded, and it's not the cheapest restaurant in town, but it's a culinary treat.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood placeCairoJosDined on 10/11/2014Everything was very nice for brunch; not much in the way of "extras" with the entrees, but food well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An absolute gem!OnthetownDined on 10/10/2014Tucked away in DuPont Circle this charming find offers absolutely delicious food coupled with friendly, knowledgable wait staff. The lasagna is the best I've ever had and the pumpkin pasta with wild boar sauce is equal to any you'd find in Italy. I ate at many fine restaurants in DC--this was my favorite and one I'd definitely go back to. Be sure to ask for Marco. He was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parking DifficultFoodieDined on 10/9/2014The restaurant is physically attractive but parking is very difficult. Food is okay but menu is short on selections. Deserts did not include the traditional Italian favorite cannoli.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian foodces1Dined on 10/9/2014Located in an old row home in the Dupont Circle neighborhood. Outdoor patio is popular but need to reserve ahead to get it. We were seated in a bay window and had a great time. Service was excellent. Food was superb. We had glasses of prosecco to drink. Best lasagna I've ever had. Black gnocchi appetizer was excellent. My wife enjoyed the duck breast and found it perfectly cooked and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic spotEd1012Dined on 10/8/2014One of my favorite places for Italian in DC. Great location, excellent service and the food is unbelievable. A Traditional Italian lovers must eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Wait Staff created challengesLateandGreatDined on 10/5/2014I gave only a 'fair' to service. The wait staff was apparently new and a bit overwhelmed, requiring the manager to come onto the floor to assist. While that is forgivable, the few requests we made were never carried through. This is not business as usual for Floriana and we anticipate the challenges will be remedied. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the best finds in D.C.loveeatingoutDined on 10/4/2014A beautiful 1890's townhome located off the central part of Dupont. Everything from the atmosphere, to the service and especially the food was wonderful. We came in from Philadelphia last Saturday night to take my daughter and her friend out to dinner. Coming from Philadelphia and some notable restaurants with great food, we have come to find the DC restaurants "average." Floridana was WONDERFUL and we have already made recommendations to our friends in DC about this great find. I recommend it HIGHLY. The waiter (from Brooklyn which was a "plus!") was greatSpecial Features:
- PhyllisVIPDined on 9/30/2014Lunch for 4 on a weekday was not as expected. I had lunch here several weeks prior and everything was wonderful, so I suggested this to our monthly lunch group. Service was good; however, 3 of the 4 entrees arrived at the table cold. Spaghetti Carbonara turned out to be egg noodles as did the fettucine w/broccoli. Disappointed.Special Features:
- Better the second time aroundDjh89Dined on 9/29/2014This was my second time at Floriana. I got the duck breast, and it was one of the most flavorful duck plates I've had. The appetizers were stellar as well. I personally love this place; nice ambiance with the renovated rowhouse feel, intimate and a nice family or date spot.Special Features:
- Great brunch!bullcitycocoVIPDined on 9/27/2014Food was a little slow coming out, but really delicious and worth the brief wait. Bottomless mimosas had a good balance of bubbles to juice. Really enjoyed brunch here.
- Very good serviceJarrodDined on 9/27/2014Good food, good service and nice location. I came in with my brother for brunch and the place is busy inside and outside. Great Sept weather and we were lucky to get a nice table outside. The location can't be beat with nice looking vibrant people passing by.Special Features:
- DisappointedCabotomDined on 9/26/2014I had scallops and had to return them as they were too salty. The waiter, manager, and chef all tasted them and agreed. They gave me a new plate-same result. They apologized and did not charge me, to their credit. Tortino is a much better choice.
- Outstanding evening!DBksDined on 9/20/2014Went to Floriana at 7pm sat night with 3 friends, in town on a trip from NY. We were greeted warmly and seated right away. Our waiter, Ian made our evening special as well. We enjoyed all of our dishes, especially the Arugula and Fennel Salad and the Mussels. I had the Gnocci with lamb ragu, it was fabulous. Atmosphere is cozy-upscale, the building is from the 1890's. I booked this restaurant based on open table reviews and was so glad i did. My friends thanked me for choosing such a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A DC gemDCdinerVIPDined on 9/20/2014Love this neighborhood restaurant with a great wine list, wonderful pastas and lovely city ambiance. One of our favorites.Special Features:
- DisappointingReviewerDined on 9/19/2014When we entered, we found the ambience charming. It went downhill from there. They were understaffed making service very slow and sporadic. The food was C- at best. It was so loud that it was difficult to have a conversation with the person across the table.
- excellentMjamo3Dined on 9/18/2014The food is phenomenal. Got the arancini, and the tortelloni mignon, gf got the butternut squash ravioli (zucca, I think they call it) Everything was fantastic. I also love the bread they serve with the little bowl of pesto spread. The prices are reasonable for the quality of food you are getting. The portions are the perfect size, any larger and I would eat more than I should because everything is so tasty I can't leave anything on the plate. No joke, I basically licked my plate clean. The service is solid, very knowledgable and friendly staff, available when you need them, but not coming by the table every 2 minutes to bug you. I think our server's name was Brynn. She was great. This is my go to Italian spot. Love it.Special Features:
- Nice placeFranciscoVIPDined on 9/17/2014So this was my second time to Floriana's restaurant, and have to admit, the first time was much more enjoyable. It was a busy night, so the service was slow to start with... and then they tried to rush me through the 2nd half of my meal (like it was my fault that it took them over 30 minutes to get my mussels appetizer to me, and then gave me all of 8 minutes to consume it before bringing my entree...). The chef was apparently a little heavy handed with the salt with my risotto too, which made me cringe a few times, although not as much as the patron who wore the whole bottle of after shave that was seated right next to me (which made me regret not asking to be seated outside).Special Features:
- Wonderful!!TasterVIPDined on 9/17/2014Had a great table outside. The food was fabulous and the service attentive without being intrusive. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Consistenly good and freshKat50VIPDined on 9/17/2014Great service, a little slow on the follow-up, but overall really good. The warm bread with the pesto/garlic spread was fantastic. I had the Shrimp/Scallop Risotto - great flavor - risotta could have used more seasoning and maybe cooked 1 more minute but it was good, creamy and fresh. The shrimp and scallops were very good. I also had the beet salad which was one of the better beet salads I had had in a while. The constant confusion about combining the wine deal (half price on Wednesday and Sundays) with any other deals gets very burdensome after hearing it explained several times. Yes! I would absolutely go back and YES! I would recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Charming with good foodCliffsidersDined on 9/16/2014We went to Floriana at the recommendation of a former D.C. resident. It is set in the trendy DuPont Circle neighborhood and in a lovely old townhouse. The staff could not have been more welcoming and did their utmost to please us. The food was good, not great. My husband had a very good insalata caprese, with homemade mozzarella and heirloom tomatoes. His entree was their signature duck, which was sent back because it was too rare. The waiter and chef were very apologetic about this. I had the calamari, which were good,however I was not crazy about the sauce. A very large portion of risotto was made with shrimp and scallops and was very good. We drank an excellent Friuli by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDouglasVIPDined on 9/15/2014This restaurant is superb every time - the food, the service and the setting.Special Features:
- What changed?OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/14/2014We are regulars, and were very disappointed with our last experience. Patrons are typically treated like family, and the service we received seemed dismissive and nearly rude. All that being said, the food was still excellent.
- YumSherryDined on 9/14/2014Third time to dine at Floriana's and we love it. Wait staff always explains various options and are friendly. Staff timing is perfect, just enough attention but discreteSpecial Features:
- Upholding a traditionBustersDadDined on 9/13/2014Floriana's has long been a favorite restaurant. In 10+ years of going there, I've never had a bad meal. It's consistently good, great service, and fairly priced.Special Features:
- Floriana's the best!!!out5aboutDined on 9/13/2014The entire experience was primo!!! Our server, Ian, could not have been better. Management came by the table to make sure we were pleased with the meal and service. Now ... the food ... well, it could not have been better. Try the corn soup and definitely get the brussel sprouts. My wife had the butternut squash ravioli and I had the sea bass special -- both were exceptional!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FindAlexDined on 9/12/2014I went to this place because I had a Livingsocial voucher for it. I brought a date and had a great time. The food was amazing and the service was excellent. Really the only complaint I had was the noise level, which was a bit high, but it is a small space and there were many people there on a Friday night at 8pm. My date is hard to please though and she spoke nothing but good things about the place!Special Features:
- Will Be Going BackJosephVIPDined on 9/12/2014Took my new girlfriend and this was the perfect spot. We had the black gnocchi appetizer, shrimp goat cheese agnolotti, and the fettuccine and Chilean sea bass in lobster cream special. Each dish was excellent, and our waiter was extremely friendly. I give the place 5 stars! I most definitely recommend Floriana to all couples and families alike.Special Features:
- Good food and atmosphereTomboVIPDined on 9/12/2014We love Floriana and have come back often. The food is quite good, with a wide variety of Italian and Mediterranean selections. Not many vegetarian options, though. The staff have always been courteous, professional, and enthusiastic. If you can sit upstairs, try and get a seat looking out the window onto 17th street - or just sit on the patio outside if the weather is nice.Special Features:
- European FlairHealthyFoodLOverVIPDined on 9/10/2014With its ambiance of a French or Italian bistro, Floriana is quite pleasant if you are not noise-averse. The sound level inside makes conversation impossible even at a corner table. At this visit, my companion and I had only appetizers, which were good but not great. At previous visits, we had entrées that were delectable. We'll do that again, outside.Special Features:
- Check the specialsDeniseDined on 9/9/2014Went to the same restaurant in July and had a sensational meal. When I went back in August the daily specials were disappointing. Our overall experience was good but there are days when the menu is brilliant Unfortunately this time I was really disappointed. My family loved it. The staff is friendly and very efficient. Still consider it one of the best restaurants at the shore!Special Features:
- DorminDined on 9/9/2014Excellent food and service. Very clean. However, a few nats flying around and one support waiter confused on who to deliver the food to with only a few people in the restaurant. Very nice and quiet at the time we were there, around 6:00Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.