1602 17th Street NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://florianarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (202) 667-5937
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Scott Perry
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact for information.
- Private Party Contact: Rachel Tapper 2026675937
A word from Floriana
Floriana offers authentic Italian recipes with handmade pastas in the most comfortable of environments. Located in DC's Dupont Circle neighborhood, in a historic brick stone row house that has been converted into a cozy restaurant, but hasn't given up the feel of coming over to someones home for dinner. Offering a seasonal menu of fresh and local ingredients Floriana has developed a reputation for consistent, high quality, authentic, feel good dishes at a great value. Our pledge of superior service is matched only by our ability to make every guest feel welcome and comfortable when joining us for a DC dining experience.We pay special attention to every guest that chooses Floriana.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Floriana - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
Floriana reviews from OpenTable diners
242 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (194)fit for foodies (143)romantic (138)great for outdoor dining (127)special occasion (112)notable wine list (72)great for brunch (31)good for groups (29)great for lunch (23)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (16)kid-friendly (14)scenic view (11)late-night find (10)Show More
- Good food, really pleasantMCatsVIPDined on 11/20/2014Enjoyed our dinner -- very good pumpkin pasta. Nice service. Pleasant ambiance in an old townhouse /row house close to Dupont Circle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening at Florianamrg123Dined on 11/18/2014I met a friend for dinner at Floriana, and we had a lovely dinner. We met at 7 pm and didn't leave until close to 9:30 pm and we didn't feel rushed at all. I really love the cozy atmosphere. Our waiter was really nice. And, most importantly, the food never disappoints. It's one of my favorite restaurants in D.C.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surpriseLapcoDined on 11/17/2014We went early, but there we others already seating-a good sign. We were seated by the front bay window, a delightful location, with a view of the outdoors; it was perfect. We were first delighted by parsley pesto sauce served with warm fresh baked bread, and then by the calamari lightly fried, tender and delicious, and an assortment of salami and cheese, although there was only one cheese; it was a wonderful compliment to the fruit chutney. Our main courses were the Muscovy Duck Breast, which was outstanding, and the Pan Seared Trout, which was enhanced by acron squash, and fabulous mustard vinaigrette! The Nutella tart and pistachio panna cotta were a pleasant variation and smooth finish to our meal. Go early for your choice tables, and for attentive service by the friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarcLaurelDined on 11/15/2014Warm atmosphere, friendly service, and arty ambience make this a good restaurant for stealing away from your busy life and settling into a nice dinner with good conversation.Special Features:
- Outstanding food--747 Noise levelsSmkyMtnCarpenterDined on 11/14/2014The good: Really outstanding Italian food, above average service in an attractive older Townhouse. The bad: Really, really, REALLY high noise levels. The tables are inches apart, the surfaces are all hard and if you're unlucky (as we were) you find yourself in a room with a table of folks who have had too many bottles of wine and, as a result, are shouting back and forth (interrupted by raucous laughter) that would shame an (open-air) German beer garden. Combine that with being a couple inches away with a man who has hearing problems and feels the need to shout to his partner, and it is not a pleasant evening.
- Exceeded My Expectation!MoeCODined on 11/13/2014The server was very accommodation. When my nephew asked about two of the pastas he offered to serve half portions of each to him as his entrée. I had the duck and it was delicious. My husband had the risotto and was very good as well. I would definitely go back to this restaurant when in DC again. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spot-on!BigHouseDined on 11/11/2014This restaurant hits the Italian sweet spot. It's not a "Italian American" pasta-with-red-sauce/veal parmesan joint, nor is a ridiculously-priced fru-fru "see and be seen" spot whose food has little to do with what people in Italy eat (I'm talking about you, Fiola). Our entire meal was creative yet identifiably Italian, used high quality ingredients, and was perfectly executed. The only minor detraction was that my wife's salad dressing was a bit over-salted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Very GoodKleinchikDined on 11/10/2014Good food. Nice setting. good service/staff. Nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchEstragonDined on 11/9/2014The dinners at Floriana are outstanding and very creative. Our first Sunday brunch there, on the other hand, was good but not great. Appetizers and entrees (an omelette and eggs benedict, in our case) are little more complex than home-made, and the all-you-can-drink mimosas guaranteed a noise level higher than the nearly empty restaurant would have suggested. A half-priced bottle of wine helped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/8/2014Floriana is always great! The food choices are plentiful and the food is seasonal and locally sourced. Reasonably priced too. Can't beat it if you are looking for a go-to Italian restaurant.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesMaryVIPDined on 11/7/2014We visit floriana on a regular basis. My husband and I love this for our Friday night date nights to forget about the work week. The service is always great, and the food is reliably good.Special Features:
- Truely marvelous.karsudDined on 11/6/2014Cant say enough about this charming restaurant. Just loved it. The food and service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeBettinaDined on 11/5/2014Awesome food, specially the scallops and shrimp risotto. Beautiful placeSpecial Features:
- Hidden GemScottDined on 11/4/2014Great choice for dinner, with a nice seasonal menu. Close enough to Dupont Circle for convenience, but just far enough away (two blocks actually) to avoid the crowds. Tuesday has a $35 3 course meal, 1/2 price wine on Wednesday and Sunday, both great buys, especially the wine....Special Features:
- Great NightFunNightOutDined on 10/31/2014Had a phenomenal night here. Amazing food, great service, the perfect date spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWWmpiVIPDined on 10/31/2014We came here per the recommendation of a friend, even though it is in my neighborhood we had never gone in. Well that has changed, this might be one of my favorite places in the entire city. The food was spectacular, the wine was lovely and they service was wonderful. Not a single complaint. They even wrote a little note to my boyfriend to say congrats since we were celebrating a big promotion, such a sweet and personal gesture you just don't find at all these crazy places opening each week. This is a new staple in our lives and we couldn't be happier about it!Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2014Floriana is the best restaurant on 17th St in Dupont Circle! Been wanting to try this place since I moved to Dupont, and finally did when my parents came to visit. The food, service and ambience were beyond compare to any other restaurant I've eaten at so far in Dupont. We each ordered a different salad and all were fresh and made with good quality ingredients. The lasagna and lamb gnocchi were amazing! The tortellini mignon dish was ok. Desserts were great as well...we had tiramisu, bombolini, and gelato. Well done, Floriana...we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/27/2014Ambitious, creative, well-executed and beautiful plates. This is classic fine dining. The menu presented one superb choice after another, many with luxury products. The cocktails are impeccably mixed and garnished and the wine list is impressive. Our server was knowledgeable and patient and the pacing of the meal was perfect. All this is priced accordingly. This is a weekly date night spot for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank YouOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/26/2014we knew the food would be very good; however, we were also impressed by the very friendly and helpful staff, giving excellent advice and making the evening very enjoyableSpecial Features:
- Food continues to improveLateandGreatDined on 10/26/2014The menu changes with the season and that's a plus. The only criticism is that the salad dressing for the arugula salad is too sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Perfect....OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/26/2014The quality of the food was amazing. My halibut special was as good as the best steak (and I am a steak lover); husband's duck breast perfect, and the salads were works of art. We did not want to eat a lot and felt no pressure to do so. For dessert we shared a house made tiramisu and it was indescribably good.Special Features:
- Great Meal (Except Desserts)AnlaluDined on 10/25/2014Dined here for the first time last Saturday. Loved the ambiance and service, and my entree (Gnocchi with Lamb) and bread were outstanding. The desserts, however, were a bit amateurish: the doughnuts were heavy and chewy and the tart crust was too thick and not flaky. Also, the Nutella filling could have been a bit more refined/lightened. That said, I would definitely go back, just not for dessert. This time, I'll make sure to plan enough time because the area is crowded and it is hard to park (no valet parking, not much street parking, and parking in garage is time-consuming).Special Features:
- Always friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/25/2014We live down the street, and we are never disappointed with Floriana. Great homemade pasta plus a nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfecto......OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/23/2014We had great service and everything we ordered food/drink wise was delicious! Our server was delightful and very knowledgeable of the menu and history of the different wines and choices. The atmosphere was on the quieter side, but still full life and very relaxing to enjoy your meal with those around you without having to raise your voice. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great Night Out!!!!!!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/22/2014This is what Italian food is supposed to taste like. While it's a very nice restaurant, the restaurant had a high chair and was very accommodating for my 2-year old daughter - the server mentioned that they can make anything for her that's not on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it.....OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/20/2014We went there for our last night visit in DC. They were friendly and we had a very pleasant evening. Our waiter was charming and professional, he gave us the feeling that he really care that you feel at home and that you like what you eat. But also the others and as a matter of fact each of the staff. My husband says that it is one of the best stakes that he had for a long time and I had rhe ravioli lobster that was wonderful. We did not share the desserts as each of us liked his own very much; tiramisu and chocolate tort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another very satisfying meal!SwissMrs02VIPDined on 10/19/2014It has been nearly a year since I was last at Floriana, and it was still as amazing as ever. I was craving their braised short rib raviolis, but my disappointment was short lived after sharing 2 appetizers with my friends (Calamari Fritti and the Black Gnocchi with, Andoille Sausage, Rock Shrimp in a lobster sauce... both a pleasure to consume!) I had the pumpkin papperadelle with a spicy wild boar ragu. My dinner guests had Lasagna, Scallop & Shrimp Risotto and a Goat Cheese Agnolotti (mini raviolis) with Shrimp. We all had to share a bite and brag who had the best! The meal ended on a high note with a Nutella Tart, Pistachio Panna Cotta and Tiramisu. With 1/2 price wine on Sunday we splurged on a sumptuous Barolo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice BrunchmddemDined on 10/19/2014We stopped on a cold windy day for the brunch and we pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and the variety of the menu. The eggs benedict with salmon was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticZachWDined on 10/18/2014Wonderful ambiance--in a small house converted to a restaurant. Wonderful food--I went there after just getting back from Florence, and I barely noticed the difference. Great spot in a wonderful location.Special Features:
- Truly excellent mealJoeyDined on 10/18/2014We were very pleased this restaurant was recommended to us. Lovely converted townhouse and a superior menu. Best appetizers I've had in a very long time. Will definitely repeat the experience!Special Features:
- A nice findCCPGCDined on 10/18/2014A little twist on typical Italian fare. Different dishes with different flavors from the norm. All three dishes were diverse and delicious. Service was professional and unhurried. Good atmosphere both indoors and out. Will definitely return when in town.Special Features:
- Would definitely go back.MojoVIPDined on 10/18/2014They have a very nice selection of pastas on the menu, so if you are in a a noodle mood, I would highly recommend. Their gnocchi were some of the best ever. I had the black gnocchi with shrimp as an appetizer and was very pleased. The duck breast for dinner was also very good, although a little salty. The honey ice cream for desert was a winner. Everyone at our table had a great time, with great food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Inattentive service tasty foodSweettoothDined on 10/17/2014Our waiter was constantly at his other tables but rarely at ours, coffee arrived without the ordered dessert which we ended up canceling after waiting 20 minutes. Appetizer calamari was tasty as were the main dishes although our waiter did not describe the dishes accuratelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyDavidVIPDined on 10/17/2014Great food with an outdoor patio, although service was spotty at times, the food and setting more than made up for it.Special Features:
- Fantastic Experience!PhillytomVIPDined on 10/16/2014Our party consisted of 3 adults and two young children (6 & 8). Everything was perfect. Al of the staff did a wonderful job, and food exceeded expectations.Special Features:
- Amazing Italian cuisineLaughingLionDined on 10/15/2014The autumn menu features a number of brilliantly executed pasta dishes. Everything we had was rich and flavorful without seeming too heavy. The place is a bit crowded, and it's not the cheapest restaurant in town, but it's a culinary treat.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood placeCairoJosDined on 10/11/2014Everything was very nice for brunch; not much in the way of "extras" with the entrees, but food well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An absolute gem!OnthetownDined on 10/10/2014Tucked away in DuPont Circle this charming find offers absolutely delicious food coupled with friendly, knowledgable wait staff. The lasagna is the best I've ever had and the pumpkin pasta with wild boar sauce is equal to any you'd find in Italy. I ate at many fine restaurants in DC--this was my favorite and one I'd definitely go back to. Be sure to ask for Marco. He was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parking DifficultFoodieDined on 10/9/2014The restaurant is physically attractive but parking is very difficult. Food is okay but menu is short on selections. Deserts did not include the traditional Italian favorite cannoli.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian foodces1Dined on 10/9/2014Located in an old row home in the Dupont Circle neighborhood. Outdoor patio is popular but need to reserve ahead to get it. We were seated in a bay window and had a great time. Service was excellent. Food was superb. We had glasses of prosecco to drink. Best lasagna I've ever had. Black gnocchi appetizer was excellent. My wife enjoyed the duck breast and found it perfectly cooked and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.