1602 17th Street NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://florianarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2026675937
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Scott Perry
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact for information.
- Private Party Contact: Rachel Tapper 2026675937
A word from Floriana
Floriana offers authentic Italian recipes with handmade pastas in the most comfortable of environments. Located in DC's Dupont Circle neighborhood, in a historic brick stone row house that has been converted into a cozy restaurant, but hasn't given up the feel of coming over to someones home for dinner. Offering a seasonal menu of fresh and local ingredients Floriana has developed a reputation for consistent, high quality, authentic, feel good dishes at a great value. Our pledge of superior service is matched only by our ability to make every guest feel welcome and comfortable when joining us for a DC dining experience.We pay special attention to every guest that chooses Floriana.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Floriana - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
Floriana reviews from OpenTable diners
266 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (193)great for outdoor dining (144)fit for foodies (139)romantic (135)special occasion (116)notable wine list (80)great for brunch (41)great for lunch (26)good for groups (25)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (20)kid-friendly (16)scenic view (16)late-night find (14)Show More
- Very good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/27/2014Good food, good service and nice location. I came in with my brother for brunch and the place is busy inside and outside. Great Sept weather and we were lucky to get a nice table outside. The location can't be beat with nice looking vibrant people passing by.Special Features:
- DisappointedCabotomDined on 9/26/2014I had scallops and had to return them as they were too salty. The waiter, manager, and chef all tasted them and agreed. They gave me a new plate-same result. They apologized and did not charge me, to their credit. Tortino is a much better choice.
- Outstanding evening!DBksDined on 9/20/2014Went to Floriana at 7pm sat night with 3 friends, in town on a trip from NY. We were greeted warmly and seated right away. Our waiter, Ian made our evening special as well. We enjoyed all of our dishes, especially the Arugula and Fennel Salad and the Mussels. I had the Gnocci with lamb ragu, it was fabulous. Atmosphere is cozy-upscale, the building is from the 1890's. I booked this restaurant based on open table reviews and was so glad i did. My friends thanked me for choosing such a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A DC gemDCdinerVIPDined on 9/20/2014Love this neighborhood restaurant with a great wine list, wonderful pastas and lovely city ambiance. One of our favorites.Special Features:
- DisappointingReviewerDined on 9/19/2014When we entered, we found the ambience charming. It went downhill from there. They were understaffed making service very slow and sporadic. The food was C- at best. It was so loud that it was difficult to have a conversation with the person across the table.
- excellentMjamo3Dined on 9/18/2014The food is phenomenal. Got the arancini, and the tortelloni mignon, gf got the butternut squash ravioli (zucca, I think they call it) Everything was fantastic. I also love the bread they serve with the little bowl of pesto spread. The prices are reasonable for the quality of food you are getting. The portions are the perfect size, any larger and I would eat more than I should because everything is so tasty I can't leave anything on the plate. No joke, I basically licked my plate clean. The service is solid, very knowledgable and friendly staff, available when you need them, but not coming by the table every 2 minutes to bug you. I think our server's name was Brynn. She was great. This is my go to Italian spot. Love it.Special Features:
- Nice placeFranciscoVIPDined on 9/17/2014So this was my second time to Floriana's restaurant, and have to admit, the first time was much more enjoyable. It was a busy night, so the service was slow to start with... and then they tried to rush me through the 2nd half of my meal (like it was my fault that it took them over 30 minutes to get my mussels appetizer to me, and then gave me all of 8 minutes to consume it before bringing my entree...). The chef was apparently a little heavy handed with the salt with my risotto too, which made me cringe a few times, although not as much as the patron who wore the whole bottle of after shave that was seated right next to me (which made me regret not asking to be seated outside).Special Features:
- Wonderful!!TasterVIPDined on 9/17/2014Had a great table outside. The food was fabulous and the service attentive without being intrusive. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Consistenly good and freshKat50VIPDined on 9/17/2014Great service, a little slow on the follow-up, but overall really good. The warm bread with the pesto/garlic spread was fantastic. I had the Shrimp/Scallop Risotto - great flavor - risotta could have used more seasoning and maybe cooked 1 more minute but it was good, creamy and fresh. The shrimp and scallops were very good. I also had the beet salad which was one of the better beet salads I had had in a while. The constant confusion about combining the wine deal (half price on Wednesday and Sundays) with any other deals gets very burdensome after hearing it explained several times. Yes! I would absolutely go back and YES! I would recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Charming with good foodCliffsidersDined on 9/16/2014We went to Floriana at the recommendation of a former D.C. resident. It is set in the trendy DuPont Circle neighborhood and in a lovely old townhouse. The staff could not have been more welcoming and did their utmost to please us. The food was good, not great. My husband had a very good insalata caprese, with homemade mozzarella and heirloom tomatoes. His entree was their signature duck, which was sent back because it was too rare. The waiter and chef were very apologetic about this. I had the calamari, which were good,however I was not crazy about the sauce. A very large portion of risotto was made with shrimp and scallops and was very good. We drank an excellent Friuli by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What changed?OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/14/2014We are regulars, and were very disappointed with our last experience. Patrons are typically treated like family, and the service we received seemed dismissive and nearly rude. All that being said, the food was still excellent.
- YumSherryDined on 9/14/2014Third time to dine at Floriana's and we love it. Wait staff always explains various options and are friendly. Staff timing is perfect, just enough attention but discreteSpecial Features:
- Upholding a traditionBustersDadDined on 9/13/2014Floriana's has long been a favorite restaurant. In 10+ years of going there, I've never had a bad meal. It's consistently good, great service, and fairly priced.Special Features:
- Floriana's the best!!!out5aboutDined on 9/13/2014The entire experience was primo!!! Our server, Ian, could not have been better. Management came by the table to make sure we were pleased with the meal and service. Now ... the food ... well, it could not have been better. Try the corn soup and definitely get the brussel sprouts. My wife had the butternut squash ravioli and I had the sea bass special -- both were exceptional!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FindAlexDined on 9/12/2014I went to this place because I had a Livingsocial voucher for it. I brought a date and had a great time. The food was amazing and the service was excellent. Really the only complaint I had was the noise level, which was a bit high, but it is a small space and there were many people there on a Friday night at 8pm. My date is hard to please though and she spoke nothing but good things about the place!Special Features:
- Will Be Going BackJosephVIPDined on 9/12/2014Took my new girlfriend and this was the perfect spot. We had the black gnocchi appetizer, shrimp goat cheese agnolotti, and the fettuccine and Chilean sea bass in lobster cream special. Each dish was excellent, and our waiter was extremely friendly. I give the place 5 stars! I most definitely recommend Floriana to all couples and families alike.Special Features:
- Good food and atmosphereTomboVIPDined on 9/12/2014We love Floriana and have come back often. The food is quite good, with a wide variety of Italian and Mediterranean selections. Not many vegetarian options, though. The staff have always been courteous, professional, and enthusiastic. If you can sit upstairs, try and get a seat looking out the window onto 17th street - or just sit on the patio outside if the weather is nice.Special Features:
- European FlairHealthyFoodLOverVIPDined on 9/10/2014With its ambiance of a French or Italian bistro, Floriana is quite pleasant if you are not noise-averse. The sound level inside makes conversation impossible even at a corner table. At this visit, my companion and I had only appetizers, which were good but not great. At previous visits, we had entrées that were delectable. We'll do that again, outside.Special Features:
- Check the specialsDeniseDined on 9/9/2014Went to the same restaurant in July and had a sensational meal. When I went back in August the daily specials were disappointing. Our overall experience was good but there are days when the menu is brilliant Unfortunately this time I was really disappointed. My family loved it. The staff is friendly and very efficient. Still consider it one of the best restaurants at the shore!Special Features:
- DorminDined on 9/9/2014Excellent food and service. Very clean. However, a few nats flying around and one support waiter confused on who to deliver the food to with only a few people in the restaurant. Very nice and quiet at the time we were there, around 6:00Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spotDCdinerVIPDined on 9/8/2014We love this place and it is always our go-to spot in the neighborhood or to take friends for a lovely evening out. I highly recommend it, but please save some space for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014Floriana is one of my favorite restaurants and I had never been to their brunch. It was everything I had hoped for! The pumpkin/jalepeno beignets were out of this world!Special Features:
- RecommendeddeltatangoDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I really enjoyed this restaurant. The environment was nice, the food was excellent, and it wasn't overly expensive. We will visit again.Special Features:
- Worth the drive in torrential rain!FoodieinKensingtonDined on 9/6/2014Our meal was perfect, tasty and beautifully presented. Large group near our table for two was loud, but was still worth it.Special Features:
- Terrific Neighborhood restaurantLovelyVIPDined on 9/5/2014They do a wonderful job on all accounts. The food is definitely well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun group dinner early friday nightrahulbrVIPDined on 9/5/2014Perfect spot for a group dinner friday night, had great food and company, restaurant was friendly and welcoming felt cozy. And desserts were stellar too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great combo of setting food serviceJohnnyJetVIPDined on 9/3/2014The headline says it all; its just a really nice mix of everything you look for in a restaurant.Special Features:
- Italy in DCgoodeatsVIPDined on 8/31/2014Whenever I come to DC this is one of the must go to's for me. I love the variety of Italian Regional dishes. Sunday and Wednesday half off any bottle of wine is a deal you can't beat. Grat location in Dupont.Special Features:
- Hit or MissdinneroutDined on 8/31/2014In all, the food was good but also expensive. I had the "Shrimp Cocktail" - Do NOT order it. It consisted of four medium/small sized shrimp, hot, over-seasoned, with a little chopped tomato on top. Definitely not worth the price. I also had the seafood Risotto, which was ok but could have used more seafood for what I was paying. Nice wine list and the waiter was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodluverDined on 8/31/2014Service and food were certainly B+! We enjoyed the scallops and salmon dishes. I look forward to returning soon for a pasta dish.Special Features:
- Yummy again!JulieDined on 8/29/2014Had a great meal outside on a gorgeous night. Ian took great care of us and the food was yummy as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group dinnervanessa317Dined on 8/29/2014We had a group of old grad school buddies - ten people came and we had our own room, with amazing ambiance, service. I picked this restaurant quickly and I feel like I have never been happier with a restaurant for a group setting like that. Food was just delicious.Special Features:
- Food is outstandingPhylDined on 8/26/2014We had the Mussels and then the three course meal and every bite was fabulous. Love this place.Special Features:
- Excellent ItalianJCS531Dined on 8/24/2014The character of an old DC brick row house, good wine list, great food and friendly, efficient service and up to a casually elegant evening out. Try the Zuca ravioli - delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceTravelingDined on 8/22/2014I took my girlfriend to this place after it was highly recommended by a friend. Upon arrival we were seated in the middle of the restaurant. Then we waited 10 mins before anyone came to take a drink order. Good was decent. Service was horrible. The guy was more worried about his social status than the guest. I asked several times for a drink refill. After we received our check the waiter dropped dirty dishes down my back and then thought it was funny!!! Never again will I spend 80 dollars for horrible service and to be treated rudely.
- Beautiful spotouttoomuchDined on 8/22/2014What a pleasant surprise. The food at Floriana was as good as the lovely ambiance. The restored townhouse is quaint and cozy, a perfect date night. The food was above standard Italian fare- the arancini (riceballs) were top notch. Would definitely recommend to couples as well as families.Special Features:
- Old standby has a new chefpragmaticgourmetVIPDined on 8/21/2014And a new vibe: host was welcoming and easy going. Our server was low key, self-deprecating, and always smiling. The host (one of the owners) explained that they'd extended restaurant week menu and would even accept our Living Social coupon if we took advantage of the $35 fixed price menu. We did, though I paid extra for the filet mignon (well worth it). The meal was fabulous--everything prepared and presented to perfection. The owner later explained that they'd hired a new chef about 6 months ago, which explained some of the menu changes. We're looking forward to our next dinner here, when we'll be sure to try at least one of the pasta dishes. We got a taste this time: The duck breast was accompanied by sweet potato gnocchi--delish.Special Features:
- Fine ItalianJudahman79Dined on 8/18/2014While there may be more notable Italian dining in the DC area, Floriana is one of the finest. The character of the venue sets the mood and the food is fresh and authentic. Wait staff are welcoming and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic eveningBAeatsDined on 8/17/2014Perfect for Romantic evenings or intimate groups; beautiful setting within a historic DC townhouse. Homemade pasta is just like in Italy. Desserts are only slightly above average.Special Features:
- Pleasant eveningsatine416VIPDined on 8/17/2014We had a very pleasant experience at this restaurant from start to finish. We actually managed to get seats outside so I did not see the interior, but the outdoor setup was adorable. Waiter was friendly but very professional. Really took care of us and attended to our needs, making sure the pace of the meal was leisurely rather than rushed so we could enjoy our time together. For food, I enjoyed the roasted cauliflower appetizer, which was complex and divine, and the squash ravioli, which had a nice balance between sweet and savory flavors. Good wines by the glass, as well, and interesting other menu items for the future. Worth a visit, and would gladly return.Special Features: