102 N Harbor Blvd
Fullerton, CA 92832Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://florentinesgrill.com/index.html
- Phone: (714) 879-7570
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday and Sunday 11:30am - 4:00pm. Dinner: Daily 4:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Cuahetumoc Diaz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Florentine's catering offers full food and beverage for any off-site location. Our director of catering, Sara Kataka, provides excellent service and is capable of coordinating and customizing any event. She may be reached at 714-328-2083.
- Private Party Facilities: Florentine's dining room may be reserved for private or semi-private functions up to 80 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Joe Florentine 7148797570
- Entertainment: Live entertainment at Florentine's Tuesday thru Saturday. And at their Tuscany Club 7 days a week.
A word from Florentine's Grill
Florentine’s is an independently owned and operated restaurant located in the quaint historical area of downtown Fullerton. If you’re looking for that easy-going local eatery that offers everything the “chains” don’t, this is your kind of place. Friends and family gather here often to celebrate just about any occasion or, just hang out. Entertainment is offered nightly right next door at their Tuscany Club. Dancing is available there on the weekends and happy hour is offered 4-8pm Monday through Friday. Florentine’s some of the best BBQ in the OC. Their new menu still offers some of their old favorites like pastas, steaks, salads and seafood. They've reduced prices and increased their portions so come on down. Florentine's Grill has received numerous high ratings for their outstanding food, and friendly service. Kids’ menu is available. This truly is, one of Orange County’s best kept secrets!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Florentine's Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance2.7Noise LevelEnergetic
late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014No where as good as previous visits. Redone menu was a real disappointment. Probably will not return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014wait staff was very good. entre was not beyond average.
- The following 143 reviews are from the Florentine's Grill reviews archive.
- Got there and they were closedCharlieWDined on 6/26/2014I arrived at the restaurant at our confirmed time and the restaurant was closed. Guess I know why it was so easy to get a reservation.
- Florentine'sCarolTVIPDined on 6/21/2014We have gone here several times and each time I am pleased with the dish I ordered. THe food is pretty darn god and service is also good. It is part of the downtown Fullerton scene so can be quiet early and a hot spot later in teh evening. Also ahve multiple TVs for the sports fan but doesn't interfere with a nice dinner. Really nice date night for us and the food keeps edging up in my mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlorentinestriemdadDined on 5/23/2014We missed having bread @ butter. The service was great. The food ranged from good to better than expected. Parking is a real problem and may prohibit future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceserenetreamDined on 5/2/2014I went to Florentine's Grill to celebrate a friend's birthday. We were given a booth with some seeming. Our waitress, Marissa, was amazing! She truly went the extra mile. The food, service, dessert, and overall experience will be remembered for a long time.Special Features:
- Florentine'sbigdogDined on 3/14/2014Very good service, all 4 of us ordered different dishes and enjoyed our food. The staff was very attentive and it was obvious they were happy we chose to dine at their restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindLoveFoodDined on 3/8/2014We chose this based on the varied menu. We had a fantastic experience. The mac n cheese and wings we had for appetizers were excellent. The choices for surf and turf we fun and we had the ribs and shrimp. Ribs were great; shrimp was ok. The pork chops were huge, juicy, flavorful. The sides were very good. The burger was delicious. We had more food than we ever imagined so no room for dessert. The owner is very friendly and chatted with us for quite a while. We thoroughly enjoyed the meal and look forward to bringing friends here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best serviceDisappointedDined on 3/8/2014We enjoyed the food and the bar drinks but mostly we loved the service. The waitress was very attentive and the manager kept checking on us. They had a large variety of American and Italian food on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night diningkarenbDined on 3/1/2014We love the location and ambience of Florentine's. We were greeted by the owner Joe Florentine and he made sure we had everything we needed. The waitress was friendly and accomodating and we really enjoyed the foord. Generous portions and a glass of wine seemed like 2 glassed. Highly reccommend this restaurant hotspot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There was a private partymojoDined on 2/28/2014There was a private party in the main dining room, so we had to eat at the bar next door. We had never been there before, so we don't know what the bar is like on a typical night. Perhaps because it was a rainy night, not a lot of bar traffic? Maybe that was a good thing because it was quiet, the service was very attentive, and the food was great. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy Florentine's!AnnaDined on 10/5/2013We were looking for a good place to have dinner last Saturday which had a lot of variety, great service and great food. For vegetarians and meat-atarians a like. We found our place at Florentine's!Special Features:
- Dinner was OKVictorfox36VIPDined on 9/21/2013Menu has changed from our last visit; somewhat limited now. Disappointed in house wine selections; did not feel comfortable requesting replacement. Salad was nothing special and there is an additional charge for rolls or bread which was served after our salads were eaten. Entrees were hot and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What Fun !OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2013Enjoyed our meals. We had a small group and everything was good, it all came out together and was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's usually very quiet inCatherineVIPDined on 6/1/2013It's usually very quiet in here for dining, but I don't know why. The food is lovely (you get quite big portions) and everything is reasonably priced. We had a full rack of ribs and the chicken/scampi surf and turf combo - delicious!Special Features:
- ParkingSharkLady777Dined on 5/22/2013The parking in Down Town Fullerton is hard. Had to park at the bus depot. If you enjoy walking around Fullerton then parking is no big deal. If you want to be in and out this is not the place for you. Put on your walking shoes and go have a great dinner Florentine's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Mother's Day SpotTheSixesof33Dined on 5/12/2013For the second year in a row we went to Florentine's Grill for Mother's Day. And for the second year in a row, we were very happy campers. The food was outstanding - I had their special filet mignon and it was cooked to perfection. Lots of vege's and potatoes to go with it, as well as a salad (with the best blue cheese dressing) and a sundae with chocolate on top! All of this for under $20? Yep.. The staff was very attentive and went that extra mile with the little one. I have a feeling when we start talking about Mother's Day next year, this is going to be the choice (heck, this may be Father's Day this year!). Great job Florentine's Grill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service wereLindaVIPDined on 4/28/2013The food and service were great but because all the tables are in the bar, the overall noise level makes conversation difficult.
- Great menu and service. CommentedRicarDined on 3/16/2013Great menu and service. Commented to the host that we were celebrating our first date 6 years ago at that restaurant and he surprised us with a free special desert. Made the evening!Special Features:
- This is not health food placeBillyjoe52Dined on 3/3/2013This is not health food place but it is still very good. Great place in the middle of downtown Fullerton.Special Features:
- Was here on a Sunday night.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/20/2013Was here on a Sunday night. While it was noisy we could still carry on a conversation with our friends. They serve a nice glass of white wine - generous and cold. will come back again for food and wine.Special Features:
- Food was excellent and veryThisPlaceRocksDined on 12/31/2012Food was excellent and very reasonably priced. Service was good as well. Will definitely come back here.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our food, the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2012We enjoyed our food, the service was excellent and the prices were superb.Special Features:
- Price was great. ServiceJudyDined on 9/29/2012Price was great. Service and food were excellent. However, it is much too noisy for conversation.Special Features:
- We took some friends to dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2012We took some friends to dinner and they found it to be very enjoyable and the food was great. We all will be sure to go back again.Special Features:
- Loved the BBQ special, thelifeskillsDined on 6/24/2012Loved the BBQ special, the ribs really did fall off the bone and the chicken was excellent. Will go again.Special Features:
- We were at the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012We were at the restaurant for Father's Day. Our reservation was at 11:30 AM via open table and when we got there, the restaurant was not yet open. We were a little worried becuase we were a group of 9 and it will be hard to find a place to eat where we can be seated right away. We noticed the connecting door between the restaurant next door (Falapa Grill) & the Florentine Grill was open, so we decided to inquire. I guess both restaurants have the same owners because the lady let us in & prepared our table in the restaurant. After about 15 mins, one of the staff came & took our orders. Service was average but the food was good, plentiful & reasonably priced. The baby back ribs, which most of us had, was delicious. Will be back.Special Features:
- Fantastic Place for Mother's Day!TheSixesof33Dined on 5/13/2012The food was outstanding - everyone in my group was extremely happy!Special Features:
- Oh my, those sweet potato fries!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/18/2012I had been to Florentine's previously some time back and had enjoyed my experience. I needed to find somewhere local to take a group of 8, all ages from 7 to 83 after a special church mass. I thought that Florentine's Grill would fit the bill. We arrived just as they were opening and they were extremely accommodating regarding table placement and the music level. Food was very good. A few of the group ordered the sweet potato fries. WOW! Out of this world! Tender, light and a great and unique flavors. Everyone had more than they could eat and loved every bite. The meatloaf sandwich is unbelievable. Gotta try it!Special Features:
- We have been going to Florentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2012We have been going to Florentine's for years and was a little disappointed, on the changes, but understand that it is probably due to bring in a different group of people (younger, college kids). We were there for Valentine's Day.
- Great Food - Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2012We dined at 7pm on a Friday night. It's kind of a Bar scene. It was nice & romantic. Maybe later in the evening it gets to be more of a bar scene. Service was great. Food was good & plentiful. Prices were reasonable. I had the rib-eye. I've paid alot more at other resturants for alot less quality meal. It's on my list to dine again and again.Special Features:
- The service was poor. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2011The service was poor. The food was cold and the ribs had extreme amounts of fat.
- We were very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/30/2011We were very disappointed with "Florentines Bar and Grill". This use to be a nice place to go for a steak and seafood dinner. The food was always delicious and seasoned properly. This time the fish was rubbery! We will not be returning to this restaurant!
- First time we had eaten here.CatherineVIPDined on 11/5/2011First time we had eaten here. Looked pretty casual when we've walked past before but thought we'd give it a go - very glad we did! Portions were a super size - I had the lemon chicken and it was delicious.Special Features:
- The food was delicious andLisaCVIPDined on 8/24/2011The food was delicious and plentiful, and the service was great. My only comment was they charged a fee for bread. Bread should always be provided with no charge. Overall, I'd go back and dine again.Special Features:
- 1920's Speakeasy Waiting for YouEricVIPDined on 7/30/2011Florentine's is in a nice location in downtown Fullerton near the corner of Harbor and Commonwealth. This area is fun to walk around and check out. Florentine's is one of many places in the downtown area to stop in for dinner and/or a drink. Florentine's food is good (mostly comfort food) and the prices are reasonable (although the dinner discounts they used to offer appear to be over). The atmosphere is kind of cool, like an old 20's speakeasy but it's often pretty quiet inside. It's a cool place to bring a group of friends and have a few drinks at the bar then grab a bite to eat. It's also fine if you just want to eat dinner. If you've never tried Florentine's and you're looking for a low-key place in the downtown area, check it out.
- Nice college town bar/grillmebeVIPDined on 7/11/2011This is basically bar/grill in downtown Fullerton. As long as you are not expecting a higher end restaurant, then you won't be disappointed. Cheeseburger was excellent as was the service. Seafood pasta was descent, but a little on pricey side for what it was. Probably a great place to go and watch a game since there are several flat screen tv's placed above the bar.Special Features:
- Considering we were the onlyG2AHHADined on 6/19/2011Considering we were the only ones in the restaurant, you would think the wait staff and cooks would get things right. Our plates came out two at a time (6 people). Only a total of five came out. No explanation, just that it would be a couple of minutes. Not to be rude to our fellow diners, most of us waited to eat. After 5+minutes, we asked what was going on. At that time the waitress said the cook made a mistake on the dish. About 10 minutes for the final dish to come out. Food itself was nothing special. Mashed potatoes were cold, even before the wait.
- $16 salads that can be hadOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/28/2011$16 salads that can be had elsewhere for $10-12. $12 for two of the smallest crab cakes I've sen cut in half to look like more on the plate. No value here. What we had was good though...but not that good.
- My salmon dish was very tasty.DinerVIPDined on 5/13/2011My salmon dish was very tasty. Caesar Salads, nicely prepared and made just right. Lasagne was very odd, with a vinegar consistentcy favor. Avoid this dish at all costs.