185 Sullivan Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.florencia13nyc.com/
- Phone: 2126776830
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm -12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Californian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Florencia 13
Southern-California Mexican CuisineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Florencia 13 reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great Mole marred by other issuesOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/17/2013The mole sauce was excellent, and I make it a point to order Mole any time it is on the menu, but unfortunately the chicken under it was like rubber. It was 20 degrees outside which unfortunately meant it was very cold inside. The waitress tried really hard to move the space heaters closer to us when she saw I was keeping my coat on---she was wonderful---but the building is not solid enough against wind and drafts were plentiful. The happy hour prices on the drinks were good. But they didn't have coffee!!! The place was basically empty at 4pm on sunday---might be a more happening spot late night
- Amazing margaritas, but thedavidjenisonVIPDined on 1/2/2013Amazing margaritas, but the food was average. We did like the red Chile beef, but we also got a combo platter with a taco, enchilada and chile relleno. None of them stood out. We also got a cheese fondue that was weak. I am from SoCal and had images of the Mexican style food I get back home at places like Mexico City in Silver Lake or Garden of Taxaco in Hollywood, but the food tasted more like the average corner joint with prices doubled. I hate to say this because the vibe is awesome there and the service was amazing, but we just didn't love the food, which is a bummer because i was dying for some quality SoCal style.Special Features:
- Good place to have small party.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/26/2012They have 5-6 bar counter and around 10 table seat and comfortable kind like table for group (6-8 people). We made surprise birthday party with 8, and we used comfortable table, ordered Nachos and Salad those are good, beer/wine/ginger ale/orange juice. Total cost was around $300, so not so expensive. Atmosphere is so good because not so noise and all staffs were very friendly and flexible. I'd like to come again!Special Features:
- Decent mexican food and okuntoldcenturiesDined on 12/6/2012Decent mexican food and ok mixed drinks... but they don't have any mezcal. Lame. Nothing special, but ok for a bite or drink if you happen to be walking by.
- Great little GEM! Tiny placefoodieVIPDined on 9/27/2012Great little GEM! Tiny place great location. Fantastic food!Special Features:
- Loved it. Staff was so friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2012Loved it. Staff was so friendly and nice and then the food and drinks great too! guacamole and chile relleno amazing pork tacos were tasty. Portions were just right, not overwhelming enough for everyone to taste a couple of things. will be back!!
- I recently went here for theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2012I recently went here for the first time with two friends for a fun dinner. We didn't have to wait long for a table and got one in the front window which was fantastic. The restaurant is very small and we happened in on a night that two large parties basically took over the entire place. The service was a little slow, though we think that was due to the two large parties. Despite the demands of the large groups, the staff was incredibly friendly throughout the night. We never felt rushed, which was unexpected in such a small restaurant. The food was ok, not bad, but nothing amazing either. However it was a great little spot to catch up with friends, grab a drink and simple dinner and had a fun, energetic vibe.
- The perfect spot for whenOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/26/2012The perfect spot for when you miss L.A.-style burritos. The place is chill, the food is good - it almost feels like Cali.Special Features:
- I can't deny that the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/30/2011I can't deny that the food was delicious. BUT... the hostess called me TWICE to lecture me on the importance of being on time for my reservation. Is that really necessary? Ever? I told her if I make a reservation for 7, I plan to be there at 7. To top it off, we were 10 minutes early and they wouldn't seat us even though the place was EMPTY. Crickets chirping. My suggestion would be not to accept reservations if you don't want people to make reservations.
- The food was decent at theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/19/2011The food was decent at the time but heavy later. Also the tables were tiny and the margaritas were nothing special.
- We ate here at an off-time,lovetoeatVIPDined on 10/22/2011We ate here at an off-time, between lunch and dinner on a long layover. It was WELL worth the long subway ride from JFK. Local place with the best enchiladas, best salsa, and wonderful margaritas. But the atmosphere-small bar meets East LA Mexican joint-blew the food, which was delicious, away. Would recommend this place to anyone, and definitely going back the next time we are in NYC.Special Features:
- Outside of the excellent guacamole,simontnycVIPDined on 9/14/2011Outside of the excellent guacamole, the food and drinks were middling at best. Our party of six ordered several dishes (burritos, tacos, beef stew) and a pitcher of margaritas. None of what we ordered was worthy of a repeat visit. However, it was nice to dine on the sidewalk and service was good. I'd give this place a second chance by a narrow margin.
- amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/13/2011We had a group of 7 and had an amazing time. Good food, good friends, great time!Special Features:
- Delicious FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2011I would recommend Florencia 13 for dinner, but I would not recommend going with a big group (we had reservations for 15 people for a birthday dinner). PROS: The atmosphere was perfect for a fun night out with friends (dark, busy bar, low-level music in the background, kitschy decorations, etc.), and the food was reasonably priced/delicious (I loved the corn on the cob). CONS: The staff was only moderately friendly and was not equipped to handle such a large group. Our drink orders were continually wrong and the food took far too long to come out. OVERALL: Despite these drawbacks, the food was worth the wait and we had a great time. Definitely go to Florencia, but leave your extended group of friends at home.
- The waitress was terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/14/2011The waitress was terrible - there were numerous times we asked for more drinks and she never brought them - the service was terrible and I am sure it is becuase they automatically put a tip on your bill - so they know they will receive something no matter how poor the service.