2335 Murray Holladay Rd.
Holladay, UT 84117Neighborhood:
Holladay / Midvale / Sandy / Union
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.florasaltlake.com/
- Phone: 8014328345
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:00 am - 2:30 pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bryan Rubey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Fireplace, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The East wing of our main dining room can be partitioned to serve as a private dining facility. We are happy to accommodate anything from business luncheons to birthday parties.
- Private Party Contact: Kaylan Martin 8014328345
A word from Flora
Flora brings creative and healthy modern cuisine to the Holladay area. We proudly present artisan fare to the community and surrounding Salt Lake Valley. We are locally owned and operated and greatly appreciate your business! Flora’s goal is to provide you with the best hospitality and food available. Enjoy Flora!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Flora reviews from OpenTable diners
- Had a lovely anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Had a lovely anniversary dinner with you. First time, we will be back.Special Features:
- THE LAMB CHOPS AND NEW YORKRichDined on 4/2/2013THE LAMB CHOPS AND NEW YORK STEAK WERE SO TENDER.A LITTLE ON THE EXPENSIVE SIDE,BUT YOU DO GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.Special Features:
- Our family purchased a kslOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Our family purchased a ksl deal for Flora and were able to apply this to Easter Sunday Brunch. We loved it and are looking forward to another visit. Our server was very attentive and pleasant and the food tasted great. Made for a very Happy and relaxing Easter Day.Special Features:
- We had a group of 7 and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2013We had a group of 7 and the food was excellent. We brought our own wine this time but ordered wine by the glass the first time and it was quite good. We enjoyed live music and the waiter was very attentive. This is the second time we have eaten there and have been very pleased both times. I would highly recommend Flora.Special Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2013The food was delicious. The tables and set up are cheap. The whole place lacks warmth, style and the cozy atmosphere you think you're going to get upon first arriving.Special Features:
- Exceptional service, wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/6/2013Exceptional service, wonderful food. Midweek excursion found the restaurant doing light business, but we did get the best seat in the house, next to the fire place.Special Features:
- Warm, Inviting AtmospheremcvicksciVIPDined on 2/28/2013Upon arrival our party of 5 was met with a friendly staff. All choices of appetizers, entrees and dessert were very tasty and delicious. I recommend getting the special of the day as it was very fresh and aromatic. Definitely a place to bring clients or friends. The fireplace lent a great warm atmosphere compared to the snow outside.Special Features:
- There were only a few tablesdebnajdVIPDined on 2/27/2013There were only a few tables filled with patrons during our visit yet it took 30 minutes to receive a soup appetizer. It took almost an hour to receive our main course. I realize the main course is cooked to order but with so few tables filled, I'd hate to see what the wait time is when the restaurant is fairly busy. The chichen dish was wonderful but the salmon dish was horrible. I couldn't eat it but didn't want to send it back fearing the wait time of receiving another dish so my husband ate most of it. The fish dish tasted like a fish market smells. It was so fishy tasting. I love fish but cannot stand fishy tastes. I have never had a salmon dish that tastes fishy before. Its like a fish tank was poored into it.
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/23/2013Very creative menu. We loved the unique sauces. Everything was cooked perfectly. It was quiet and romantic- we sat by the fireplace. Good to see a kids' menu with $5 meals-- You don't often find a fine dining restaurant with a reasonably priced kid's menu. Waiter was enthusiastic about the dishes and answered all our questions, even going to ask the chef. We hope to be back and try their brunch.Special Features:
- Had high hopes - it is a nicetakemeout4Dined on 2/16/2013Had high hopes - it is a nice enough place, but the food just wasn't very good.
- We have eaten here 5 timesAndrewDined on 2/14/2013We have eaten here 5 times now and we love it. The best thing on their menu is the pork osso bucco. To die for. Honestly though, I have never eaten anything here that is not spectacular. Defintely worth checking out.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, butBynicholsDined on 2/14/2013The food was excellent, but we had to wait quite a while before the food came to our table, service was very good and atmoshere was good!Special Features:
- excellent food took too longOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013excellent food took too long for entrees to be served after salad was clearedSpecial Features:
- THis is a nice setting - aZinniaDined on 2/1/2013THis is a nice setting - a beautiful fireplace, there is plenty of room between tables, the service is polite and good. They give you a lot of food but I would say it is only fair. In my opinion they use too much salt. The garden salad had a type of green that I don't care for - stringy and tough and the candied walnuts were strangely salty. The chicken Marsala was good except again that it was coated in a salty crust. It came with mashed potatoes and zuccini, which were good.
- We really wanted to like Flora.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/1/2013We really wanted to like Flora. But, from start to finish, this meal was just . . . unfortunate. Overblown sauces with no relationship to the rest of the dish, gristly meat (pork chop), stale and cold vegetable sides, and wine by the glass that was definitely not opened recently. On the upside, our server was friendly and parking was easy.
- Average at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2013The establishment was entirely empty when we arrived and never gained more than 2 other couples. The food was nice, but very overpriced for the small amount and for the only slightly above average quality. The one item of note that I cannot say a single negative comment about was the waiter. He was absolutely wonderful in his friendliness, his knowledge of the products, and his ability to quickly adapt to requests. The food was not bad, but for the price, I would expect something far superior.Special Features:
- Very cozy, pleasant and quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/29/2013Very cozy, pleasant and quite restaurant, very appropriate for adults/romantic dinner. I wouldn't take my smaller kids there for dinner since they would destroy the much desired quite atmosphere. Food from the small menu was really good. Service was very good too. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- it's nice to have a new neighborhooOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/25/2013it's nice to have a new neighborhood restaurant in the area that isn't fast food or a soup and sandwich place. The food at Flora was very good...the presentation on the plate was nice...portions were just the right size. Our desserts were also very good. However, not sure if they are still trying to work out the kinks in the kitchen. It took FOREVER to get our food. Even our soup took a good 15 minutes to get out to us. Then our entrees took another 20 minutes. A family near us was seated before we arrived. We ordered, had our meal and dessert before they got their food. If you are going to have a kids' menu, you better get food out fairly soon or you won't see families coming in. Hope they figure this out. It could be a nice spot.Special Features:
- There were only 5 other tablesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/15/2013There were only 5 other tables that were full the night we went, so it was really quiet. The food was really good, but the entrees did take a while to come. Relaxed atmosphere. A place to linger :)Special Features:
- I took my wife to Flora forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013I took my wife to Flora for her birthday. It was really good food. The selections are few, but quality. It was a freezing cold night when we went out and to walk into a restaurant with a giant fireplace and a warm, welcoming atmosphere was just great. I felt like the lamb I ordered was cooked to perfection, but I feel like the portion could have been a bit larger for the money I paid. Overall, I would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- Our first trip to FloraOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/12/2013This was our first trip to flora. We quite enjoyed it. My wife had some beef ravioli while I tried the pork osso buco. Both were quite good. For dessert we split a lovely peat tart. We will be back.Special Features:
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2013This was our second visit to Flora. Both times the chef had prepared delicious specials. The food is unique and well worth every bite. The only dish not thoroughly enjoyed was the steak salad. Too much spinach and not enough of anything else. The easy fix for that is try one of the many other delicious and to die for items. This visit we loved the shrimp and green tomato sandwich appetizer...coupled with the mushroom artichoke soup, I could have made that my meal! Still more could be done with the decor, plenty of space. A barrier at the front door would block the cold draft. Chef Bryan both times has indicated if there was something special we wanted to let him know and he would try to accomodate us. We will definitely return againSpecial Features:
- Food was good. I like beets,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/28/2012Food was good. I like beets, though many at my table didn't so that wasn't as good for them. I really think the experience here would be dramatically improved with a few cosmetic adjustments. Having the front door open directly into the dining room was odd and did two things: made the environment stark, and let cold air in. A simPle screen could help this. Eating out is an experience. You really need to address the atmosphere. Even the kids at our table thought it was odd. Service was a bit slow on the entree. Seemed like it was our waitress' first day, but she was very sweet.
- Still evolving, an excellentDrMikeyDined on 12/26/2012Still evolving, an excellent dining experience if not quite outstanding. Some outstanding dishes, like the daily soups, the mango and avocado spring rolls, the pear gallette. it continues to improve.Special Features:
- There were 5 of us dining,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012There were 5 of us dining, and all found their meal absolutely delicious. Will definitely recommend Flora to friends. I want to try it for lunch soon. It was most helpful, to our group, that they were open Christmas Eve until 8. Except for Asian restaurants, most are closed at 5 on the 24th (not that I blame them one bit.) But it was very nice for us to enjoy Christmas Eve at Flora. The newspaper article in the Tribune last week is what led us to go there, as we had not heard of Flora before. The fireplace working and the overall ambiance of Flora made for a really pleasant evening. Also, our waiter was very good. Everything about our experience at Flora was just lovely.Special Features:
- The food was very good. TheMumsaVIPDined on 12/20/2012The food was very good. The space has so much potential, but it's not being used. The place feels "temporary" -- as though the owner's haven't really invested the energy or $$ to make it lovely, unique or memorable. That's a shame, because the food is good... but the setting, ambiance, decor and servers all need an upgrade. Service people shouldn't be in calf-length pants with knit-top boots. Terrible personal presentation. C'mon, Flora, I'm cheering for you to step it up and fulfill your potential.Special Features:
- Great restaurant. A Must Try.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012This is a great restaurant. The food not only is of high quality, but also well presented.Special Features:
- Tribune Review WRONGOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/13/2012The only thing we found lacking about this restaurant was the decor. Food and service were wonderful. Wine delicious. Everything beyond our expectations, except the room itself. Stark, colorless, and not cosey or intimate.Special Features:
- Pork Spring rolls and theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/8/2012Pork Spring rolls and the Chicken/feta quesadillas were delicious. New York steak entree was maybe 3/4 inch and not restaurant quality. Salmon portion was also meager, especially considering the price. Osso Buco was well prepared and tender. Gorgonzola pommes anna are scrumptious. Service was excellent.
- Great food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/3/2012Great food and great service in a building with wonderful character.Special Features:
- The food was great, I willOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012The food was great, I will definitely go back. The only thing that I did not appreciate is an over-eager server who kept wanting to clear the table. I felt rushed and she would ask every time I am in the middle of a conversation. The place was not that busy so I didn't understand the rush.Special Features:
- Food and service excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/24/2012Food and service excellent. The place itself is large and open. Adding some big plants or something would make it feel more intimate. I would recommend this restaurant. The spring roll starters were especially good.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere, more candlesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2012Nice atmosphere, more candles (lit) and decor would warm it up. Appreciate the low noise level. Service and food were both good, but prices are a bit high, so will go again for special occasions only.Special Features:
- We went on a very slow nightsunflowers1000Dined on 11/21/2012We went on a very slow night (the night before Thanksgiving), which may have impacted our experience. The menu item we most wanted was not available. But the food we did order was excellent. Service was great, too. It's nice to have such a good restaurant in downtown Holladay; we hope it survives. But the ambiance is just not there. The dining room is much too large, even for nights that bring a larger crowd. The tables are separated by so much space that it doesn't feel like a "fun" experience. Please support this restaurant; it deserves to succeed!Special Features:
- Interesting, innovative andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012Interesting, innovative and well-executed menu. Our food was delicious and our service impeccable. The space is a bit big, so it feels a little empty, but overall it was great!Special Features:
- The only reason I gave AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/15/2012The only reason I gave Ambiance a 4 instead of a 5 was because it is a rather large space, and it felt a little empty.Classy, but just a little sparse. The food was great, the service was great, the prices were not outrageous. I hope that they are successful. I love having a nice place like this in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Good food, great value, goodBillyBDined on 10/12/2012Good food, great value, good service... Ambiance is nice although a bit too quiet for us loud folks.Special Features:
- Very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012My wife and I had dinner at Flora for her birthday. The food was very good, although the texture of the spring roll with peanut sauce was a bit strange. My wife had the goat cheese ravioli and I ordered the chicken linguine with lemon cream sauce. The chocolate cake was also very good. The space is a bit large and felt a little bit like you were eating in a fancy warehouse, although the table settings were nice and the decor was elegant. It was my wife's birthday and I had mentioned that when making the reservation, but no birthday wishes were extended....so that was kind of a bummer. Overall very good and I'm sure we'll go back.Special Features:
- Space needs warming, way tooDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 10/11/2012Space needs warming, way too stark - service from the kitchen excessively slow with very few diners
- Go try this food!WildRDined on 10/6/2012This place has exceptional food. We purchased the beat tower, mustard ribs, and kale ravioli. For desert a chocolate tort. Amazing chef! The ambiance could use some work and the service can be a little more professional in presentation.Special Features: