826 East Baltimore Pike
Kennett Square, PA 19348Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.flogabistro.com/
- Phone: 6104446500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Christos Marchio
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: All Items Available. Call for pricing.
A word from Floga Bistro
Welcome to Floga Bistro! We are a family owned and operated Italian restaurant in the heart of Kennett Square. We offer a wide range of Italian cuisine with a Mediterranean flair. From paninis to home grown salads, pasta, real brick oven pizzas and fresh seafood dishes, we have it all. Also available are gluten free rolls, pasta and desserts to make any of our dishes fit you dietary needs. Our chicken and veal dishes are divine and our homemade deserts are the perfect ending to any meal. We are BYOB, so grab your favorite bottle of wine and join us for a great dining experience. Large party seating and catering available. Please call us for more information.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Floga Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (13)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (8)special occasion (5)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- PuckVIPDined on 10/25/2014The food, service and ambience were all excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent DiningHandymanDined on 10/18/2014Great food and a quiet ambience make this restaurant a good pick. I will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.HealthyeaterDined on 10/18/2014This was our first visit and we loved our food and the service was outstanding. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerLucyDined on 10/6/2014We took our friend to Floga Bistro for her birthday with a group of seven. We had been there before and liked it enough to invite our friends. It was a Monday night, so it wasn't busy. The food did not disappoint. We ordered several appetizers to pass around, and all were yummy. I got one of the specials and one of my friends got another. Both were delicious and the portions were generous. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu, which helped with our selections. This is a BYOB which really keeps the price down. We brought our own cake for the celebration, and they added candles and a singer who was good enough to be a professional! All in all it was a very enjoyable evening!Special Features:
- BYOB!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Wish we would have remembered to bring our own bottle. Nearest wine store is the west side of Kennett Square. Seafood soup is a winner - with a salad it was a meal. Ample rolls and seasoned oil for dipping. Highly suggest reservations.Special Features:
- Consistently goodHungrygirlVIPDined on 10/2/2014I think there is a new chef. The menu is the same, but the dishes are different - but a good different. You could tell there was a different spin on the recipes, with delicious results. All of the dishes were excellent and delicious with the old chef, and they are excellent and delicious and different with the new chef. All is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This restaurant had wonderfully, flavorful food. The pace between soup/salad and sinner is perfectly paced. Food is delicious and 4 of us had 3 different meals. The cod fish special was incredibly presented and tasted even more wonderful than it looked. Waitress was pleasant and had a great sense of humor, kidding with us as we kidded with her. We just didn't know to bring our own wine but will do so next time!Special Features:
- Never DisappointingNYINPADined on 9/27/2014Always have a great dinner there. Food comes out fresh and hot, service is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK Busy Suburban EatsLkg4gdfdDined on 9/13/2014Relatively loud. Service good. Food OK but not up to prior reviews.
- Perfect Pre Longwood VisitCatherineBDined on 9/13/2014We were a party of 8 who were going to Longwood for the Fountain/Fireworks show on Sept 13. I was a little nervous based on previous reviews - not having eaten here before. Service was very good and our waitress wanted to know what time we had to leave for Longwood. She didn't rush us, but we got out in plenty of time. Wine glasses were provided for our BYOB. Everyone ended up ordering different items from the menu and all were very happy. The acoustics are not great, even without a full restaurant it was a bit hard to hear, but not horrible. Ambience is not amazing, but a good neighborhood place. I would definitely eat here again, and with the BYOB our dinner for 8 was extremely reasonable. Great value, service and foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite BYOBNYanksfanDined on 9/12/2014We have been dining at Floga Bistro since it first opened and have never been disappointed. This is probably the closest BYOB restaurant to our home in Delaware and it's always worth the drive. We look forward to the specials that Chef Christos adds to the menu such as Pork Osso Bucco or the delicious Boneless Beef Short Ribs I had during our recent visit, which were done in a mushroom demi glace. My wife raved about her soup, which was a tomato bisque with baby shrimp and spinach. The freshly baked rolls are to die for. Floga's menu has something for everyone. The great service, generous portions and fair prices will keep us coming back on a regular basis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable.JsrwmrDined on 8/30/2014Wait staff is excellent. Food was delicious. Try the bruschettaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food; clumsy serviceSoccerFamily8788Dined on 8/23/2014Really good food! Expansive menu. Well-prepared. Service was friendly but clumsy. Waitress was easily flustered, salads came out with apps, busboy tried to clear plates when we weren't done the apps, then never tried to clear anything again-had to ask waitress to do it. Overall, worth it for the good food. Wish we lived closer for the take-out opportunity. PS-it is BYOB which wasn't noted anywhere online that I saw.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vodvoxVIPDined on 8/18/2014We live in the Pike Creek area and travel to Floga at least once/week. Arrived on Monday night to our favorite server Denise. As always, we received friendly and professional service. We raved about the food, as always, so she surprised us by sending Chef Chris out to our table. We were thrilled to finally meet the man behind the scenes. We travel all over on business and enjoy excellent food. Chris is right up there, in our mind, as one of the top chefs around. You don't need to leave home to get exceptional/creative food. We will return again and again. Patti and JoeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for SharingJellyBeanDined on 8/16/2014We visited before attending fireworks at Longwood Gardens, having invited friends from Baltimore. All of us thoroughly enjoyed our meal - well prepared, generous portions without being ridiculous. We were lucky because usually Saturday dinner is very crowded, but they are slow at the end of summer. Floga is a great addition to the community.Special Features:
- OK italian fareOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/7/2014Average Italian fare in a slightly upscale setting.
- oldharpsDined on 8/2/2014A nice BYOB near where we live. Got to talk to the chef Chris, who once worked at Le Bec Fin. He has things in the back not on menu. Just ask!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no wifiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014We really enjoyed the food and service. Was shocked to discover no wifi. In my book that is a basic service most customers need. Bust out the $20 and provide the only missing ingredient to a great place to eat.Special Features:
- TheatreFoodieDined on 7/25/2014Very extensive menu; great service; reasonably priced; delicious entrees and appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Tasty :)DelawareDinerDined on 7/17/2014We like Floga Bistro because they consistently deliver a tasty meal for a reasonable price. Plus, it's BYOB. For us, that's a winning combination :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentKMomof2Dined on 7/15/2014The food was excellent. I enjoyed the décor. The bread and dipping oils was the start of our great meal. Everything we ate we all enjoyed. When we first walked in, there was a large group dining that showed some energy so we requested to sit in the back. It worked out extremely well as I was looking for a little peace and quiet. My Mother-in-law, and two toddlers enjoyed our location. Our waitress was pleasant, very helpful, and nice to chat with. It is BYOB for those interested. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Sauces You LovevodvoxVIPDined on 7/7/2014We occasionally visit Floga Bistro for one reason; their sauces. The greek touch to the sauces are absolutely to die for no matter what you order. Thanks for great tasting mealsSpecial Features:
- Always goodHungrygirlVIPDined on 7/5/2014We were a group of 10. Everyone's dinner was good - not a bad one in the bunch. This restaurant is always consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 76 reviews are from the Floga Bistro reviews archive.
- Did not know this was BYOB.AlbertVIPDined on 6/22/2014Gluten free options available. Good menu options. Good service. No Alcohol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing specialChescoFoodieDined on 6/20/2014Ordinary food and family type of atmosphere. Usually BYO are a little more intimate than this place. Food was OK.
- BYOFOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Pollo Marsalla is supposed to be medallions of chicken breast not chicken fingers and the sauce left a lot to be desired
- Diningfoodanddining12Dined on 6/15/2014We enjoyed our visit to Floga Bistro and would like to try it another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReasonableTonyDined on 5/24/2014Good food, friendly service and reasonable prices.
- Mother's Day + 1vodvoxVIPDined on 5/12/2014We celebrated Mother Days on Monday, a day after Mother's Day at Floga Bistro. We had really nice time, not rushed and enjoyed our food. I do not know why their sauces & food are so delicious, but everything was great, from the Seafood Vesuzio, pasta dishes, salmon and soups. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJaniceLDined on 4/21/2014Floga is a great Italian restaurant. The bread is freshly baked and served warm with a delicious Olive oil dip. Veal Remanes was tender and the sauce is excellent - robust and not bitter. Chicken Marsala, Shrimp Scampi (huge shrimp!), and Pollo Villagio (chicken and sweet Italian Sausage with red peppers in Pomodoro sauce) are all good menu items. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodrestaurantgirlDined on 4/13/2014Food was great. Nice menu selections. Sandwich options and dinners. Rolls were amazing. Service was slow. There seemed to be quite a few people working. One person sat us, another brought settings, but server wasn't around much. Never checked on us after food or offered drink refills. Was OK with that because food was great, but still, should have happened and I would have liked a refill. She just seemed too busy but when she was there, she was totally pleasant. Put some of the others to work! Host, bussers, etc. Server shouldn't be so frazzled.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great casual family diningluvfoodandwineVIPDined on 4/11/2014My husband, four kids and I eat here occasionally. It seems to keep getting better! All the food was really good and cooked as ordered. My husband and I got the stuffed portabello appetizer and the grilled calamari appetizer - both were excellent, especially the calamari. It was cooked perfectly, not rubbery at all. Our son got the mussels in the white broth and it was delicious. We were dipping our bread in the broth because it was so good. I got a Greek salad for dinner, which was perfect after all the appetizers, and my husband got a burger. Our little two shared a kids' cheese pizza. It's definitely big enough for 2 kids. The big kids got a steak and a burger. All was good!Special Features:
- Consistently goodHungrygirlVIPDined on 4/7/2014Good food, good service, and pleasant atmosphere near my home. Who could ask for more - especially on a weeknight!Special Features:
- Birthday dinner at FlogaJanetDined on 3/18/2014Husband requested a trip to Floga for his birthday solely for the veal parmesan. That's his favorite dish and Floga does it nicely with a choice of pasta from a multitude of selections. The warm rolls and spiced oil is a good start to any meal there. Fantasia pizza for me as always but was a little disappointed this time--too much cheese on top of the procuitto and artichokes--they were smothered. It was also a little underdone--cheese still very white. It still tasted great and will remain my favorite. No corkerage fee-- so nice. Waitress was efficient and friendly--almost a little too fast. Enough pizza for 2 more meals-yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were not familiar withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2014We were not familiar with area and took a chance after looking on their web site. Their menu is very extensive from burgers and pizza to entrees. Server was very attentive. Would go back again when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!RRaabLongDined on 3/2/2014You don't normally expect much from a strip mall restaurant, but Floga Bistro nails it! We were there for a Sunday lunch and truly enjoyed everything - the service was attentive, the freshly made bread that was almost too hot to handle, and the dished we had were fantastic! I had the Shrimp Fra Diabla. It was done with just the right amount of heat, and the Penne was cooked perfectly (your choice of pasta.) My wife had the Zuppa De Pesce. The broth was simply wonderful. They even deveined the shrimp. I'm still not sure how they could put calamari in the soup and have it tender, while making sure the fish, shrimp, mussels, clams, etc - we alll cooked perfectly! We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Floga FunChowhoundDined on 3/1/2014Second visit to Floga, food this visit was good, but not as good as first visit. Most notable difference was the service. Service was slow and not overly friendly on this visit, reservation was at 5pm on a saturday, restaurant was not crowded. Server did not seem to want to be at work that day, was not very attentive and everthing seemed to be an effort. Quite different than our first experience also a saturday evening around 7pm, more crowded, service was excellent. Would definitely give it another shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Christos... Nice Job!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2014Everyone in the party of 4 had been to Floga before but, for me, the maker of the reservation, it had been over a year as I am not local. While we had all thought the restaurant was "fine", I have to say that our visit on Valentine's Day night, no less, was terrific! From our waitress Maddie to the food to the singing waitress who handed out red carnations to the ladies, we had a very enjoyable night. The Greek Salad was delicious and shared by the table. The soup of the day was good too. 3 of us had pasta dishes and one a chicken and none were disappointed. The portions were more than adequate and the leftovers were great on a snowy Saturday afternoon/evening. Well done Floga! We'll be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza and so much moreJanetDined on 2/7/2014Floga never disappoints. Hot rolls served before meal are incredible with spiced oil. Always want to try other items but Fantasia pizza calls to me. A little overdone this time but delicious with proscuitto and artichokes. Crust is closet to what we had in Italy. Friend had eggplant parm and loved it--very generous portions. Wanted desserts which looked great but too full. Love BYOBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We all had an enjoyable time.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014We all had an enjoyable time. I like the fact they don't charge a corkage feeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.