1123 Zonolite Rd. Suite 15
Atlanta, GA 30306Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.starprovisions.com/
- Phone: 4048921414x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, French
- Executive Chef: Anne Quatrano/Clifford Harrison
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
A word from Floataway Cafe
Located in a renovated warehouse, Floataway Café transformed the space into a contemporary dining experience. Chefs/Owners Anne Quatrano and Clifford Harrison have created a local organic, produce-driven menu with daily menu changes that reflect seasonal influences. Pale blues are offset by creamy wood panels and natural lighting, while a courtyard area is transformed into a romantic outdoor café with the night sky forming a starry canopy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Floataway Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (58)neighborhood gem (38)special occasion (36)romantic (36)good for groups (19)great for outdoor dining (17)notable wine list (11)late-night find (6)scenic view (5)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Tough to find and Poor AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/10/2014To say that Floataway Cafe is off the beaten path. It is in an odd location for a restaurant but that is not a huge deal. There are signs at the building and presumably if you can follow a GPS you can find the building. However, when you get there it is still hard to find even with some exterior signs. Once you finally get there, request to be seated in the main dining room. We were seated in the room toward the left of the restaurant based on proximity to the entrance and the vibe was not real great. It was somewhat quiet and the music consisted of nursery rhymes (minus the lyrics). The tables were also incredibly sticky for some reason (we noticed others with this issue thus the plural. The food was pretty good, but the rest not
- Funky, Tasty, Eclectic, NeatTheWienerManDined on 10/8/2014Won a Food Contest on line and was rewarded with a Start Provisions gift card. This was one of 4 available restaurants eligible for the Gift Card. I went with a friend and almost didn't make it because of its crazy but cool location. Glad we persevered though as it was really a great experience. While there were no beers on tap, there were interesting bottled selections and we tried 5 different types based on the bartender's recs. We ended up eating at the bar and sort of "Tappa tasted" lots of different options. Octopus, Beet salad, Lue de Mar and the Hanger steak were all great. We were told to do the ravioli but will have to come back, apparently all pastas are made on site and incredible. Nice Job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No longer Anne Quatrano qualityJLRoyalATLDined on 10/4/2014Terrible service- the server didnt care about us in the least. She would ask how everything was and be 3 steps away from the table before anyone really had a chance to respond. Even when I had only taken one bite of my ridiculously bland chicken schnitzel and had been trying to get her attention to bring me salt. She brought the salt eventually and never once asked anything about the dish or if I liked it. Food quality has really fallen in the last couple years as well. I can no longer recommend this restaurant to our of town visitors.Special Features:
- .5 miles away and I never knewgonzo5179VIPDined on 10/2/2014I can not believe that this place has been a half of a mile away from my house and i have never been. Friendly staff. Well versed wait staff. We had the blue crab rice ball and the twist on bruchetta appetizer. I ordered the Ricotta Gnocchi with Pork and I cleared my plate faster than I have in a long time. Desserts were great as well. We actually took ours to go and it traveled well. The Marscapone is amazing. I will make more trips here. I would describe this place as a moderned upscale Agnes and Murreals. (Pardon the misspellings, I'm from boston)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfuljourneyfolkDined on 9/26/2014met all our expectation - great meal, great service, absolutely nothing to complain about here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/24/2014Great as always. We always enjoy Floataway. It's one of those special places we don't want go to too often because then it wouldn't be as special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always - fantasticJMacDined on 9/18/2014Can't say enough about the service at Floataway - truly exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb from start to finish1forITDined on 9/18/2014so much better than her older sister: the insufferably pretentious Bacchanalia - better food at Floataway, better service, better on the walletSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quant and EndearingRoxy1778Dined on 9/13/2014Went for a date night. Love all Star provision eateries :) You won't leave unsatisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible for a Quatrano restaurantSCR1VIPDined on 9/12/2014Anne needs to spend more time in her restaurants than farming. Service was horrible and never going back
- Didn't live up to hypeThereseDined on 9/5/2014This restaurant has been on my list to visit for a couple of years. I was disappointed with the food. The cold beet appetizer was very good, the tagliatelle pasta dish lacked any flavor and was boring and the Prosciuto Pizza was tasty but still lacked any WOW factor. The cocktails extremely expensive but had a vast wine list. The wait staff was excellent from the time we walked in the door.Special Features:
- Sadly disappointingATLFoodieDined on 9/4/2014We gave had this one on our list for a while and finally got the chance to go. The cocktails were very great. The appetizers (burratta and crab fritters) were good but lacking a bit. The dinners were disappointing. The Springer Mtn chicken was a little dry and had no flavor. The beans and pickled onions that accompanied were wonderful. The tagliatelle was lacking in flavor and simply put boring. We also ordered the okra, which was he vast thing we had. We were really sad it wasn't as good as we hoped. With Star Provisions being involved, we will try at least one more time, but we are not in a hurry back since there are so many other great restaurants in the area.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/30/2014The décor and ambiance here left a lot to be desired. (Sinking banquette seats, kind of a weird modern beachy but outdated décor, plates and silverware were blah, nothing too nice to look at so to speak.) So rather than bolting out the door we ordered. The food was surprisingly better than I expected but I had a hard time selecting off such a small menu of entrees. In hindsight we should have skipped the entrée all together- hanger steak was way underdone and too salty. The appetizers however were great- octopus was tender and the pasta with pork ragu was delicious. The drinks were good too. But I would not recommend this place and would not go back with all the other way more exciting options Atlanta has to offer.
- Disappointing timeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/29/2014last time, food was superb, service unimpressive - again! This time both were very unimpressive. service seems to consistently be challenged there but the food made up for it. This time, burrata was so, so, pizza blah, hanger steak over salted, tagliatelle boring. It could be and should be a neighborhood gem but it is not.
- Consistently wonderful!ClaudiaVIPDined on 8/29/2014We have been Floataway fans for many years, dining there at least once -- usually twice -- each week. We bring family, friends, and business associates and it is always perfect for every occasion. To start, one of its great charms is its location on Zonolite Rd., from which you enter through an allee of lit trees to an outdoor dining area that looks out over the restored marsh and field that is the work of the Southfork Conservancy. One may enjoy this view from one side of the restaurant as well. The restaurant is unique in its varied atmospheres / seating areas including an intimate and beautifully decorated bar and semi private booths for small groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer Service stinksBuckhavenguyVIPDined on 8/23/2014We walked in and the hostess who greeted us was pretty rude. We went to the bar area. 1 bartender for about 25 people (and the rest of the restaurant) makes no sense!! And she wasn't good. We asked for a margarita and she proceeded to mix what looked like the right ingredients, then pour out some alcohol so she could add water. WHY? Why would you do that? The drink sucked. We weren't getting any service so we just left. Too many great restaurants in ATL to sit at this one.
- Another great Star restaurant!SMAtlVIPDined on 8/23/2014We had a fabulous meal at Floataway Café on Saturday night! We love Burrata and got that as an appetizer, it was delicious! I highly recommend their pastas - we got the ricotta gnocchi and orecchiette with summer sausage. The dessert special was the brown butter fig tart, OMG I want another one. The service was really good as well, we didn't feel rushed and were able to take our time and enjoy the wine and dinner. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Noisy with inattentive serviceAtllongtimerDined on 8/22/2014We found the food uneven, the restaurant too noisy to hear anyone, and the service poor. The server kept not remembering what was on offer, interrupted us when we were talking, and just seemed pretty clueless.Special Features:
- VibelessHmBerkVIPDined on 8/20/2014Getting a bit long in the tooth, menu could use some updating. Also, all of the Star Provisions share menu items (e.g. their crab fritter) which makes you feel like you're in an upscale McDonalds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgotten gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/15/2014I had not been to Floataway for quite some time. A friend requested it for her birthday dinner. It was as lovely as I had remembered. So glad that I was reintroduced to this place. I will be back.Special Features:
- Floataway endures!ClaudiaVIPDined on 8/2/2014We have been regulars at the Floataway Cafe for at least five years and still love walking in the door and feeling the welcome, serenity, and anticipation of a great meal. The restaurant has four different sections, each with its own character. On a spring, summer or fall evening, the terrace outside is perfect. All of the pasta entrees are inventive and delicious, often including seasonal vegetables. Three other entrees are reliably fantastic: the Georgia trout, hangar steak, and chicken schnitzel. Side orders of vegetables, and the wonderfully prepared farro, are favorites. The atmosphere is relaxing and warm; service attentive not intrusive. The staff is accommodating and just plain nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NightmareSamGVIPDined on 7/31/2014Awful service. Everything went wrong. Had not been in a while and will not be back anytime soon.
- Floataway on a rainy weekday eveiji93108VIPDined on 7/31/2014Haven't been in a couple of years, and it's still very good. The "melon" salad with feta was fresh and refreshingly delicious. The pasta was perfectly prepared and tasty. We were two old guy friends catching up and having dinner and we could here each other without shouting! Love quiet, rainy nights out at a good restaurant where you have to endure walking in a heavy rain to get to the front door of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Good As RememberedNotABuckheadBettyDined on 7/26/2014We hadn't been to Floataway for several years; the concern is always that standards will have slipped. The food was excellent as was our server. Their wine list is a little quirky. We tried the crab fitter, steak frites, and the toffee dessert. All were excellent. The portion sizes were overly generous, but that should hardly register as a complaint. I'd give it a solid A.Special Features:
- FloatILIKETOEATVIPDined on 7/25/2014The food was good. The service was good. The staff was excellent. I would not rank Floataway Cafe as one of my favorite places but it is still very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and OriginalOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/23/2014Everything was great, the service, the appetizers, the dessert, the romantic table...except both our main entrees were too salty. Other than that a delightful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDinnerfor2Dined on 7/19/2014We have been here several times and always loved the food. Something was missing this time. The wine and pickled beet salad were delightful but subsequent dishes were sub-par. The mixed friti had two pieces of squid and one shrimp, the remainder was poorly fried red onions. These sword fish was well prepared but the the eggplant was a bit too sweet and totally overwhelmed the delicate fish. As always the ice milk desert was one of our favorites. We're not sure what happened to the middle of the meal. It was as if the main chef was absent that evening. With all the excellent dining choices available in Atlanta, it's doubtful we'll return for a long while to what was once one of our favorite dining experiencesSpecial Features:
- Great food, ok service,bad cocktailOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2014As usual, great food. Our waiter while not rude, was not friendly. My moscow mule did not taste like a moscow mule so had to send it back.Special Features:
- Lovely and elegantcjbizDined on 6/28/2014We enjoyed a birthday celebration on Saturday evening. The crab fritter appetizer was mostly crab meat and very good. The hangar steak and the farro side were delicious. Service was attentive and informed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special night at float away cafeRomaninAtlantaDined on 6/24/2014My wife and I went to the fluidly café for our anniversary. As usual the food service was great. I especially enjoyed the farro which is a food that I've never had before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 913 reviews are from the Floataway Cafe reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Air conditioning was a little uncomforable (blowing air), but your wait staff had the unit shut down while we ate. We enjoyed our meal very much. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodReneeVIPDined on 6/10/2014This is a regular spot for us. We brought another couple with us who had never been to Floataway and they enjoyed it very much. The food was great as always. Never a disappointment.Special Features:
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/10/2014Any of Cliff and Annie's restaurants are ones you can always trust. You know the food will always be prepared just the way it should be and can count on them always using fresh seasonal ingredients. Tuesday night was a quiet night which made it a little bit of a different atmosphere. It is usually packed so having it quiet was different, still very nice of course but different. I was sort of surprised how much that changes one's dinning experience.Special Features:
- A little disappointedGADeevaDined on 6/6/2014Went to celebrate my partner's birthday and having been to the Optimist, Lure and several of the other happening restaurants in the Atlanta area I was a bit disappointed in the vibe, atmosphere and the food. I wasn't wowed at all. We had a nice table in front which gave us privacy but the atmosphere was pretty flat and the decor looked like it needed an update. Some music playing would have helped as music and iighting seem to help set the atmosphere and both were lacking greatly here. The food was not anything to write home about but the desserts were terrific and deserve high marks. Our service was outstanding so I will give big kudso to wait staff. For the price of the meal there are better places to chose that give a better experience.Special Features:
- Not for usOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Nothing wrong with the restaurant. The location was great. The wait staff was great. But it was nothing special and just didn't fit our style.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/10/2014Food was great, as always. Sonya took great care of us during dinner! While waiting for our table, it took a long time to order wine at the bar.Special Features:
- Another great dinnerAtlim48VIPDined on 5/10/2014Food was excellent and the service was spot on. Floataway is consistently a wonderful, mid-price restaurant serving delicious food prepared well. Not a lot of pretense, great food prepared to highlight the ingredients. Service is very professional and not a trace of affectation. Superb.Special Features:
- ServicewinstonVIPDined on 5/3/2014Service is impersonal. The overall experience could be greatly improved by more friendly and helpful servers.
- Amazing MenupickymrandmrsVIPDined on 5/3/2014The staff was lovely! We had dined at the other Star Provision restaurants, but had not yet tried Float Away cafe. The menu is AMAZING. My husband and I are extremely picky eaters who are also food snobs... so we are a tough couple to deal with. Our server was adorable and made the most perfect recommendations to satisfy our appetite and palette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing long-time favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/2/2014Floataway Cafe has been a long-time favorite of ours, a go-to neighborhood restaurant that never let us down for the past six years. Until Friday night. We had black-ink spaghettis that were overcooked and tasteless and a gnocchi dish that lacked total inspiration. We were there to celebrate my daughter's celebration and ordered a half bottle of Veuve Cliquot to start the event. It had a bad taste and we returned it. But we did not feel like complaining again for the entrees, our plates remained almost untouched, which went unnoticed by the waitress. No question was asked. No offer to make it up. We left the place sad and disappointed, knowing that it will take a long time before thinking of going back.Special Features: