1123 Zonolite Rd. Suite 15
Atlanta, GA 30306Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.starprovisions.com/
- Phone: 4048921414x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, French
- Executive Chef: Anne Quatrano/Clifford Harrison
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
A word from Floataway Cafe
Located in a renovated warehouse, Floataway Café transformed the space into a contemporary dining experience. Chefs/Owners Anne Quatrano and Clifford Harrison have created a local organic, produce-driven menu with daily menu changes that reflect seasonal influences. Pale blues are offset by creamy wood panels and natural lighting, while a courtyard area is transformed into a romantic outdoor café with the night sky forming a starry canopy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Floataway Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (49)special occasion (37)neighborhood gem (35)romantic (31)good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (13)notable wine list (9)scenic view (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Customer Service stinksBuckhavenguyVIPDined on 8/23/2014We walked in and the hostess who greeted us was pretty rude. We went to the bar area. 1 bartender for about 25 people (and the rest of the restaurant) makes no sense!! And she wasn't good. We asked for a margarita and she proceeded to mix what looked like the right ingredients, then pour out some alcohol so she could add water. WHY? Why would you do that? The drink sucked. We weren't getting any service so we just left. Too many great restaurants in ATL to sit at this one.
- Another great Star restaurant!SMAtlVIPDined on 8/23/2014We had a fabulous meal at Floataway Café on Saturday night! We love Burrata and got that as an appetizer, it was delicious! I highly recommend their pastas - we got the ricotta gnocchi and orecchiette with summer sausage. The dessert special was the brown butter fig tart, OMG I want another one. The service was really good as well, we didn't feel rushed and were able to take our time and enjoy the wine and dinner. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Noisy with inattentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014We found the food uneven, the restaurant too noisy to hear anyone, and the service poor. The server kept not remembering what was on offer, interrupted us when we were talking, and just seemed pretty clueless.Special Features:
- VibelessHmBerkVIPDined on 8/20/2014Getting a bit long in the tooth, menu could use some updating. Also, all of the Star Provisions share menu items (e.g. their crab fritter) which makes you feel like you're in an upscale McDonalds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgotten gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/15/2014I had not been to Floataway for quite some time. A friend requested it for her birthday dinner. It was as lovely as I had remembered. So glad that I was reintroduced to this place. I will be back.Special Features:
- Floataway endures!ClaudiaVIPDined on 8/2/2014We have been regulars at the Floataway Cafe for at least five years and still love walking in the door and feeling the welcome, serenity, and anticipation of a great meal. The restaurant has four different sections, each with its own character. On a spring, summer or fall evening, the terrace outside is perfect. All of the pasta entrees are inventive and delicious, often including seasonal vegetables. Three other entrees are reliably fantastic: the Georgia trout, hangar steak, and chicken schnitzel. Side orders of vegetables, and the wonderfully prepared farro, are favorites. The atmosphere is relaxing and warm; service attentive not intrusive. The staff is accommodating and just plain nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NightmareSamGVIPDined on 7/31/2014Awful service. Everything went wrong. Had not been in a while and will not be back anytime soon.
- Floataway on a rainy weekday eveiji93108VIPDined on 7/31/2014Haven't been in a couple of years, and it's still very good. The "melon" salad with feta was fresh and refreshingly delicious. The pasta was perfectly prepared and tasty. We were two old guy friends catching up and having dinner and we could here each other without shouting! Love quiet, rainy nights out at a good restaurant where you have to endure walking in a heavy rain to get to the front door of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Good As RememberedNotABuckheadBettyDined on 7/26/2014We hadn't been to Floataway for several years; the concern is always that standards will have slipped. The food was excellent as was our server. Their wine list is a little quirky. We tried the crab fitter, steak frites, and the toffee dessert. All were excellent. The portion sizes were overly generous, but that should hardly register as a complaint. I'd give it a solid A.Special Features:
- FloatILIKETOEATVIPDined on 7/25/2014The food was good. The service was good. The staff was excellent. I would not rank Floataway Cafe as one of my favorite places but it is still very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and OriginalOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/23/2014Everything was great, the service, the appetizers, the dessert, the romantic table...except both our main entrees were too salty. Other than that a delightful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDinnerfor2Dined on 7/19/2014We have been here several times and always loved the food. Something was missing this time. The wine and pickled beet salad were delightful but subsequent dishes were sub-par. The mixed friti had two pieces of squid and one shrimp, the remainder was poorly fried red onions. These sword fish was well prepared but the the eggplant was a bit too sweet and totally overwhelmed the delicate fish. As always the ice milk desert was one of our favorites. We're not sure what happened to the middle of the meal. It was as if the main chef was absent that evening. With all the excellent dining choices available in Atlanta, it's doubtful we'll return for a long while to what was once one of our favorite dining experiencesSpecial Features:
- Great food, ok service,bad cocktailOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2014As usual, great food. Our waiter while not rude, was not friendly. My moscow mule did not taste like a moscow mule so had to send it back.Special Features:
- Lovely and elegantcjbizDined on 6/28/2014We enjoyed a birthday celebration on Saturday evening. The crab fritter appetizer was mostly crab meat and very good. The hangar steak and the farro side were delicious. Service was attentive and informed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special night at float away cafeRomaninAtlantaDined on 6/24/2014My wife and I went to the fluidly café for our anniversary. As usual the food service was great. I especially enjoyed the farro which is a food that I've never had before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Air conditioning was a little uncomforable (blowing air), but your wait staff had the unit shut down while we ate. We enjoyed our meal very much. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodReneeVIPDined on 6/10/2014This is a regular spot for us. We brought another couple with us who had never been to Floataway and they enjoyed it very much. The food was great as always. Never a disappointment.Special Features:
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/10/2014Any of Cliff and Annie's restaurants are ones you can always trust. You know the food will always be prepared just the way it should be and can count on them always using fresh seasonal ingredients. Tuesday night was a quiet night which made it a little bit of a different atmosphere. It is usually packed so having it quiet was different, still very nice of course but different. I was sort of surprised how much that changes one's dinning experience.Special Features:
- A little disappointedGADeevaDined on 6/6/2014Went to celebrate my partner's birthday and having been to the Optimist, Lure and several of the other happening restaurants in the Atlanta area I was a bit disappointed in the vibe, atmosphere and the food. I wasn't wowed at all. We had a nice table in front which gave us privacy but the atmosphere was pretty flat and the decor looked like it needed an update. Some music playing would have helped as music and iighting seem to help set the atmosphere and both were lacking greatly here. The food was not anything to write home about but the desserts were terrific and deserve high marks. Our service was outstanding so I will give big kudso to wait staff. For the price of the meal there are better places to chose that give a better experience.Special Features:
- Not for usOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Nothing wrong with the restaurant. The location was great. The wait staff was great. But it was nothing special and just didn't fit our style.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/10/2014Food was great, as always. Sonya took great care of us during dinner! While waiting for our table, it took a long time to order wine at the bar.Special Features:
- Another great dinnerAtlim48VIPDined on 5/10/2014Food was excellent and the service was spot on. Floataway is consistently a wonderful, mid-price restaurant serving delicious food prepared well. Not a lot of pretense, great food prepared to highlight the ingredients. Service is very professional and not a trace of affectation. Superb.Special Features:
- ServicewinstonVIPDined on 5/3/2014Service is impersonal. The overall experience could be greatly improved by more friendly and helpful servers.
- Amazing MenupickymrandmrsDined on 5/3/2014The staff was lovely! We had dined at the other Star Provision restaurants, but had not yet tried Float Away cafe. The menu is AMAZING. My husband and I are extremely picky eaters who are also food snobs... so we are a tough couple to deal with. Our server was adorable and made the most perfect recommendations to satisfy our appetite and palette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing long-time favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/2/2014Floataway Cafe has been a long-time favorite of ours, a go-to neighborhood restaurant that never let us down for the past six years. Until Friday night. We had black-ink spaghettis that were overcooked and tasteless and a gnocchi dish that lacked total inspiration. We were there to celebrate my daughter's celebration and ordered a half bottle of Veuve Cliquot to start the event. It had a bad taste and we returned it. But we did not feel like complaining again for the entrees, our plates remained almost untouched, which went unnoticed by the waitress. No question was asked. No offer to make it up. We left the place sad and disappointed, knowing that it will take a long time before thinking of going back.Special Features:
- The following 903 reviews are from the Floataway Cafe reviews archive.
- Perhaps even better than beforersporscheDined on 5/1/2014We eat at floataway 5 or 6 times a year as it is our favorite in Atlanta. Great value for wonderful food. Casually elegant always a great experienceSpecial Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014Service was outstanding. We felt well taken care of but not rushed. Lump crab appetizer was a perfect start. Hanger steak was the best meal at the table, I will order it next time I'm at the Floataway. The chicken was a little dry but it was served with an arugula & grapefruit salad that was outstanding. But the perfect ending to our experience was the taffy cake. It's a little tricky to find but well worth the effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencehermanmelvilleDined on 4/26/2014As always, excellent food, attentive staff, wonderful ambience. Nothing better in Atlanta.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner would have been perfect, butUrbanArbiterDined on 4/19/2014Everything was great except for the noisy birthday party in the middle if the room with one incessantly cackling womanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience but too expensivepickypeople111Dined on 4/18/2014Float Away Cafe was a good romantic setting, great service but cost too much for the quality of the food. We will not be going there again.Special Features:
- A terrific placeJSF22VIPDined on 4/12/2014Don't worry about the weird industrial neighborhood and the strange warehouse configuration. The food at Floataway is always interesting and delicious, the service is excellent, and the decor is creative and inviting. Have never had anything I didn't like and come here as often as I can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed by waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2014I took my mom here while she was on vacation visiting me. The waitress we had on Saturday night really really rushed us. The food was decent except for the side of farro which we couldn't even eat. I won't be going back.Special Features:
- Excellent! Favorite "go to"DreamAbtFdDined on 4/5/2014Excellent! Favorite "go to" restaurant for a special meal at a great price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and GREAT Service!DinerDelightDined on 4/5/2014This is a wonderful place to dine! It is in an interesting location in a commercial warehouse area but well worth the visit. The food was fresh, local and delicious. Our Server was one of the BEST we have ever had (and we are fortunate to be able to eat in great restaurants when we travel internationally so get to experience a lot of food and servers.) Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Floataway Cafe is a favoritebecksterDined on 4/2/2014The Floataway Cafe is a hidden favorite. Whether eating an appetizer, entree or dessert, every bite is a perfect bite, thoughtfully prepared with fresh in-season ingredients. They also have an amazingly curated and affordable wine list that puts what other restaurants charge for the same wine to shame. The ambiance is pleasing and the decor is beautiful. The service is excellent - servers are friendly and extremely knowledgable. This is where I take out of town friends to catch up, have a great meal and impress them with Atlanta's restaurant scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreadTwoDineDined on 4/2/2014The food was good but not as outstanding as we had expected. The biggest issue, however, was the fact that the restaurant charges for bread!!! As we waited for our meal, we asked if we could have a few pieces of bread and the waitress said we could order one of the items on the menu for $6.00. Surprised, we said, we just want a bit of bread as we wait for our dinner. She then said she could bring us a few pieces for $4.00 Since we were quite hungry, we agreed. Four very small pieces of bread were brought to our table with no butter. We have eaten in some exceptional restaurants in this country and others and have NEVER been charged for bread. Bread seems to be a small item for a restaurant of this caliber to provide free of charge.
- FAVORITE RESTAURANT IN ATLANTA !OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2014We continue to return to Floataway over and over again as the food is outstanding. We appreciate that you can ask for no salt on your food and they ill do it as so many places will not. We live in Marietta and do not ever mind driving in because the food and service is so excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Gem in an unusual spotAlinDined on 3/25/2014I went to Float Away when it first opened, but I had not been back for several years. I am a fan of Anne's restaurants. I remember Bacchanalia in the old house on Piedmont - I miss that atmosphere! I knew the food was going to be good. I knew it was going to be as local as it could be. But as happens at Anne's restaurants, I was once again blown away by how the dishes are simple explosions of flavor produced by combining excellent ingredients and using kitchen chemistry to make a beautiful marriage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousfilleduparadisDined on 3/22/2014Enjoyed it all very much. Tucked away in quiet and unassuming corner of the city. Beautiful floral murals, quaint outdoor seating area and the food of course, does not disappoint. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary BustOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014No one was at the hostess stand & we had to find the hostess. We had to wait 25 minutes for drinks at our table. A drink before dinner is supposed to be before dinner, not after our appetizers had been delivered. The same hostess was opening our bottle of wine & it was just as bad as the drinks. If it was extremely busy, I would have given the benefit of the doubt, but that clearly wasn't the case with numerous tables open. We weren't in any rush and would have enjoyed the amount of time at the restaurant, but having to ask for water, an update to our cocktails, a clean wine glass, to open our bottle of wine, and then change our mind on dessert after 15 minutes, was a huge disappointment. Waiter was okay but he clearly didn't get any help.