Flint Hill Public House
675 Zachary Taylor Highway
Flint Hill, VA 22627Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Flint Hill Public House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.flinthillva.com/
- Phone: 5406751700
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Marvin Swaner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Flint Hill is the perfect gathering spot for receptions, weddings and large outdoor events. The building and grounds offer a beautiful backdrop for your special event, and our kitchen can prepare an equally beautiful banquet.
- Private Party Facilities: Either of our dining rooms can be reserved for private functions.
- Private Party Contact: John Gruber 5406751700
A word from Flint Hill Public House
The Flint Hill Public House & Country Inn combines a full-service fine dining restaurant, a traditional pub and four luxury suites in a newly renovated building that retains its historic charm while offering modern comfort and luxury. The Public House has served as a schoolhouse, a residence and as a restaurant and inn for more than 100 years. Situated on five picturesque acres in beautiful Rappahannock County, Virginia, we are an hour's drive (60 miles) west of Washington DC. Surrounded by vineyards and small shops, we are a world away from the hustle and bustle of the city.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Flint Hill Public House reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (7)fit for foodies (5)romantic (5)special occasion (5)scenic view (4)good for groups (3)great for brunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Day out in the countryBenTDined on 8/16/2014So often I think that the valley is overlooked as a dining destination yet we have so many great restaurants to choose from and the Flint Hill Piblic House one of them. Highly recommend as a fine dining excursionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewlovelakeDined on 8/2/2014the food was very good- chef came out and said hello-nice touch we didn't see the patio when we first arrived, and would have sat out back- they had entertainment- and looked like a nice set up.Special Features:
- Choose outside over da fancy insideEpiskyVIPDined on 7/17/2014The inside dining area is beautiful and modern and we chose to eat outside, which I think was a better choice because the weather was wonderful and the garden is pretty. The food is quite good too and could hold its own with any Washington, DC downtown establishment. As an app we had the fried mozzarella, which were fried disks of cheese with Parmesan shavings, excellent. I had the catfish with lemon risotto, which was lovely with a side of lemony asparagus, add a great glass of wine and it was perfect. My partner had the chardonnay chicken, which he says was really good. The service was uneven and that may have been because of staffing. Our waitress as doubling as waitstaff and bartender when other people started showing up.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/29/2014Great dinner once again at our favorite local restaurant. Prime Rib was fantastic, as were the fried pickles and fried green tomatoes. Service was great and they always appreciate your business and make you feel welcome. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Wow! What took me so long?!Likes2runDined on 6/28/2014A group of us running friends run through Flint Hill every year for the annual Fodderstack 10k. And every year when we run past "The Publuc House" we say we need to try it. I wish we hadn't waited so long! This place was fantastic! Our waitress rocked. There was so much variety to choose from. The prices were reasonable. An extensive wine list with simple pricing. The food was delicious. Beautiful setting inside and out. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 11 reviews are from the Flint Hill Public House reviews archive.
- Nice evening outXmasbabyDined on 3/15/2014My wife and I will be back at the Public House for a neighborhood group dinner this week. We're looking forward to it. My only criticism of the restaurant is that the entrees are often swimming in butter. We make a point of asking our server to tell the kitchen, "Easy on the butter."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014My husband and I have driven past the Flint Hill Public House many times and always commented that we should try it. Well, on Valentine's Day weekend we decided to have dinner there. The decor is modern but uninviting and cold. Our server was very pleasant but not quite attentive enough. The food was sorely lacking....the prime rib was extremely fatty and gristly and my lobster was overcooked. We were very disappointed over all.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2013Overall a great experience. Friendly service. Patio was nice and they allow you to bring your dog if you want! The $25 a bottle for all of your local wines is great! Try the fried oysters topped with BBQ pork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Getaway from the cityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2013Flint Hill Public House is a great find in the middle of the country. I took my friends who live in Northen Virginina and they were really impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat in wine countryOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/12/2013Good food (not exceptional, but very solid). Pleasant dining room. We always stop here for lunch when we are in wine country for the day. It is close to several excellent vineyards. The service is always friendly and the lunch prices are very reasonable. Would highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a modern décor restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2013This is a modern décor restaurant with a distinct Southern cooking style. Not top gourmet but good, well prepared and presented food. Will go again and take friends.Special Features:
- We went on a Wednesday night.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/27/2013We went on a Wednesday night. We were the only couple in the dining area for most of the evening so we had very personalized service. We have been here several time and absolutely love the food. We usually get more upscale entrees such as the prime rib, crab cakes, lobster or duck but this evening we were in a burger mood and got he
- I found the dining room aOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013I found the dining room a bit too big and sterile for my liking. I saw a smaller back room and will ask to be seated there if we come again.
- Welllll, we went for ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2012Welllll, we went for Thanksgiving dinner, so first off, it was a special menu. The food was great, value excellent. There were just various little things that made the experience less than stellar.Special Features:
- I have been here already 7OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012I have been here already 7 times and I have NEVER been disappointed at all!!!!! Is a beautiful setting, service is SUPER GREAT, the food is absolutely marvelous and a very nice variaty... form country food to very high gourmet! EXCELLENT!!!it has it all!!!!! Thanks!!!!Special Features:
- Fantastic Dining Experience!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/13/2012The food was outstanding! The wait staff was knowledgeable and attentive without smothering. Great selection of local wines paired with dinner. The Owner and Chef each stopped by the table to check on satisfaction. Save room for the pumpkin mousse and the white chocolate key lime and pecan pies. This restaurant is a 5- star gem... You better get there before the word of mouth makes it impossible to get a reservation.Special Features: