Flights Wine and Coffee - A Wine Cafe
116 Stone Street
Morrison, CO 80465Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Flights Wine and Coffee - A Wine Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.flightswinecafe.com/
- Phone: 3036679034
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Fusion / Eclectic, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Alex Bruns
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Cafe, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Great location for the social, family or corporate gathering. Space can be reserved for 2 to 40 guests with private space and areas reserved. Summertime, up to 60 guests. One of a kind experience with family friendly service and an intimate/exclusive atmosphere. Menus are tailored to the individual tastes with unlimited options for wine service.
- Private Party Contact: Donn Bruns 3036679034
- Entertainment: Live entertainment in the acoustic guitar and jazz vein with vocals most Saturday nights. Check website for schedule and list of performers. www.FlightsWineCafe.com
- Cross Street: Mt. Vernon Ave.
- Public Transit: Taxi service is available and limousines and private transportation arrangements available, especially during our private winemaker dinners.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Private parking on site, plus street parking and reserved parking on the busy nights. Call for reservations and details.
A word from Flights Wine and Coffee - A Wine Cafe
A wine experience set in an 1870's cottage with leather seating and fireplaces for the winter and gardens with a fire pit and water features for the warmer evenings. Over 100 wines on the bottle list and 40 by the glass, 65% imported and 35% domestic. Try a flight of wine ( our namesake ) which is a great way to compare varietals, regions and winemakers. Tapas / Light Eats menu that features Caprese flatbread as well as cheese, hummus, antipasti and carving plates. An evening wouldn't be complete without desserts and french press coffee.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Flights Wine and Coffee - A Wine Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (10)notable wine list (8)neighborhood gem (8)romantic (5)special occasion (5)fit for foodies (4)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Very friendly, knowledegable staffcshfloDined on 6/20/2014Great wining & dining experience. Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Menu is also gluten friendly, for those who are seeking such.Special Features:
- NoisyRaySDined on 6/5/2014I was very disappointed in our last visit. The noise level from the "entertainment" made conversation impossible and we were seated in a different room from the performer. No need for sound amplification in such a small space. The service was very poor: reservation was not recognized initially, menu was out of date making our original selection unavailable. Food when it finally arrived was just OK. Overall, not worth going back.
- ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCEAnnieDined on 5/16/2014If you enjoy wine and would enjoy being able to sample different ones, paired with some really yummy tapas, you'll enjoy this funky little restaurant - It was cold the night we were there and couldn't sit outdoors, but they do have a nice outdoor patio that would most enjoyable on a beautiful Colorado evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 43 reviews are from the Flights Wine and Coffee - A Wine Cafe reviews archive.
- Still FunjimmycVIPDined on 4/25/2014Kick back talk, drink and eat. What a wonderful place to rest. Been here before, still very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemBaileyDined on 1/25/2014Great service, knowledgable owners, great ambiance and comfortable. It was too cold to sit outside but they had some nice spots, definitely coming back in The warmer weather. Live Music available. Decent wine list, could use a little more by the glass. The owner will put together a custom flight for you. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- Incredible As UsualVinceDined on 9/21/2013Donn and his family do a great job with food, wine, desserts, ambiance and always incredible entertainment on Saturday nights. We love the outdoor patio, the gardens, pond and waterfall. Just a lovely place overall. Parking can be a challenge, especially on night when Red Rocks has an event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to relax with a glassOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2013Prefect little outdoor seating area that was cozy and quite. Great food. Knowledgeable staff that help choose wines you'll love from their extensive wine list. A perfect place to get away from the standard hectic restaurant and take a minute to actually enjoy gourmet food paired nicely with a great wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotTheCsDined on 8/15/2013We didn't eat any food, only drank wine. I spent a pleasant evening here. There was a very limited choice of wines served by the glass and the menu wasn't as extensive as I expected. Our server was very kind, however not as knowledgeable about the wine as I would have hoped. The ambiance is nice - we sat on the back patio. It was a good place for our mini book club meeting, but I don't know that I will make a point of going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent wine and food pairingsSkeeterDined on 8/7/2013Wonderful ambience, food and wine selections. If you want/need assistance with wine selection, the very knowledgeable staff are happy to provide you with all you need!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not if you are in a hurry--PowerLunchDined on 7/28/2013We were looking for a place to meet friends and get a bite to eat before a concert at Red Rocks. Theoretically, this would have been the perfect spot. Unfortunately, the place is not easy to find and parking in Morrison can be a real challenge. The service was friendly but exceedingly slow. We waited for everything. The antipasto platter we ordered when we first arrived, never came. Perhaps they forgot about us as we were on a seperate patio. The menu is limited to small plates, but the various crostini plates we ordered were very good. This would be a great place to come if you just wanted to kick back and linger over a glass of wine or cup of coffee. I would definitely try it again, but not on the way to a concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walked outOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/7/2013Had a reservation prior to a Red Rocks concert. Was looking forward to some good wine and light food. I walked in and was told to grab a table outside and they would bring out some waters and menus right away. There were 4 or 5 tables occupied in the restaurant at this time and I counted 3 guys working. My wife and I sat down and waited 5...10...15 minutes and no one came outside. There was one table next to us that had water and menus, but no one came to help them either. At this point, we got up and walked out and ended up at the Morrison Inn. Not exactly what we were looking for, but better than putting up with this service for our whole meal.
- Sunset and WineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/14/2013Cozy low key and with a few nice surprises like the wine pairings. Could be a great restaurant with a little attention to details. Worth a visit if you are in Morrison and you like wine.Special Features:
- I love OpenTable because itluv2dineVIPDined on 5/4/2013I love OpenTable because it helps me find gems like this place. It was the perfect Girl's night out place to go before a Red Rocks concert. Service was very friendly and accommodating. Loved it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different and FunjimmycVIPDined on 4/25/2013An old house in Morison converted to a wine bar, and a good one at that. Ambiance, wine and food were great.Special Features:
- Great Place to Relax w/ VinoColoCaneVIPDined on 4/5/2013First time to Flights and thoroughly enjoyed it. If you are looking for yuppie & pretentious, this is not your place. Wonderfully laid back and enjoyable locale with casual small plates to munch. Wine list is not extensive, but excellent selections to enjoy independently or with the light menu items. Flights good way to sample new wines. Food was great for what it is - light fare. Excellent assortment of apps, cheeses, dried and carved meats. Had some interesting sounding paninis, but we did not partake. Good french press coffee and dessert options, but the creme brulee was a soupy. Service is casual, but knowledgeable and genuinely caring. Relaxing atmosphere, not rushed at all. Enjoyed the fare and locale. Will go again.Special Features:
- We love Flights Wine! GetOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2013We love Flights Wine! Get place for appetizer and to try wonderful wines!! Looking forward to summer to sit on patioSpecial Features:
- Went for 5280. Had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/3/2013Went for 5280. Had a wonderful time and really enjoyed the wine flights and the staff's knowledge of wine. Lovely and quaint atmosphere. A little disappointed with the food or lack of food for the 5280 deal. Very small bites for the price. Also on their website's 5280 menu it stated that dessert was included but we were told by the staff it was not. We ordered dessert anyway (paid for it outside of the 5280 deal) and it was incredible!! Was absolutely amazing with the wine we had! Looking forward to going back for a glass of wine with friends!Special Features:
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013I was not impressed with the Oscar Meyer assortment of "tapas" that was served at the price of $52.80. Plates that were reminiscent of a preschooler's lunch arranged with low-quality deli ingredients is not something I find comparable to even be in the same league as the other establishments participating in Denver Restaurant Week. To top it all off, the $9 additional creme brulee tasted like fish! Unacceptable.Special Features:
- Very good but very overpriced.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2013Flights was a very cozy, unique place to dine. My fiance and I went for a belated Valentines Day dinner. The place is very small and has a very unique atmosphere consisting of essentially a remodeled house with the dining area being formally the living room and the bar formally the family room. We had the table next to the fake fireplace which was different. The server I'm sure was the owner and was very nice and knowledgeable about the wines we selected. The problem I have is that the food was nothing special. Hummus, cheese, turkey, ham, sugar snap peas, and baby carrots was essentially the entire meal. Like I said, it was good, but I could have made the dinner at home for FAR less then what I paid.Special Features:
- Had a good time. Pretty expensive,DandK77Dined on 2/23/2013Had a good time. Pretty expensive, even with the 5280 menu.Special Features:
- Magnificent! Chris HansonVinceDined on 2/2/2013Magnificent! Chris Hanson of course is a great entertainer!Special Features:
- Had a great experience atOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/14/2012Had a great experience at Flights. The appetizers were very good. The wine list had a great selection. The staff was very helpful. Overall, a great place to and relax with a good glass of wine.Special Features:
- Too crowded for "romantic"OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/8/2012Popular when Larry is playing, so consequently a little overcrowded for a romantic hideaway! Tables too close for a couple to have a quiet/romantic evening together but great spot to go with a group of friends! Great food, wine and service.Special Features:
- I took a couple of my goodLeslieVIPDined on 11/24/2012I took a couple of my good friends here to celebrate a birthday. The owner was very knowledgable about the wine and gave us a wonderful celebration and evening together.Special Features:
- A wonderful find. A nice quietRandyDined on 8/25/2012A wonderful find. A nice quiet outdoor dining experience. There was also very good entertainment the evening that we attended.Special Features:
- Way too expensive for suchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2012Way too expensive for such small portions. Also, would have been nice if someone told us about what we were drinking rather than just giving us a little list. Great setting though!Special Features:
- Our 2nd time there. FoundF00dieintrainingVIPDined on 6/19/2012Our 2nd time there. Found a great wine. Enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Lovely evening outside withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/19/2012Lovely evening outside with friends with yummy samplings of food and wine. No rush from wait service and yet they checked in with us frequently.Special Features:
- Service was horrific. My girlfriendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2012Service was horrific. My girlfriend and i sat there for Atleast 15 min with no greeting at all. I had to go inside to place our order. Than when it was time to leave I had to go inside and ask if I could pay. More of a self serve place.Special Features:
- Expensive!DateNight5Dined on 6/9/2012Expensive! The food feels more like school lunch than upscale restaurant. $9 for a panini on Orowheat with 5 baby carrots as a side? $7 for 1/2 cup hummus that was supposed to be served with apples, artisan bread, carrots, snap peas, and crackers? And we had to ask for the apple and bread, which turned out to be buttered and warmed strips of tortilla or flat bread. Also, it was $10 for a glass of wine, when I could buy the bottle at a store for $13. Not worth it!Special Features:
- Such a pleasant evening w/ friendsMomwhogotawayDined on 6/2/2012I love this place for a group or for two. It's nice to sit outside. Don't be in a rush as this is much more of a 2 hour dinner spot then an in and out.
- Cute, but don't come here to eat.Runner02Dined on 5/26/2012When we pulled up to flights, I thought "what a quaint little place". Sadly, we didn't have a very good experience at all. We had made a reservation on Open Table for 5pm a few days before we came in, so you would think they would have been aware that a party of 5 was coming by. We sat down and ordered some fruit juices and/or chocolate milk for our sons to drink...the waitress came back a few minutes later saying they were out of both options...and basically only had strawberry kiwi juice to drink. Then we were about to place a food order when we were told that they were not serving ANY food that evening other than the salami/cheese appetizer as they had a party of 30 people coming in and the chef wasn't able to handle anything else.Special Features:
- Service, wine, and food wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/22/2012Service, wine, and food were excellent. The server was very pleasant, knowledgeable and attentive. The location was off the main street, in a converted miner's cabin from the 1870's. We enjoyed it very much and will return.Special Features:
- Just loved it - extremly cute,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012Just loved it - extremly cute, cosy ambience. Extremely nice staff. Fun wines. Food was okay - definitely not a destination food plac but we certainly got enough to eat and didn't leave hungry.Special Features:
- Very good wine. Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/13/2012Very good wine. Very good food. A little pricey for the quantity of food served.Special Features:
- Loved this place. We can'tMomwhogotawayDined on 4/27/2012Loved this place. We can't wait to go back. The food was delicious, the wine was tasty and the setting was great for a quiet night with your significant other or a nice outing with friends.Special Features:
- Fantastic spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/14/2012My husband and I went with the purpose of having a drink and chilling out. We sat in comfy chairs by the fire and enjoyed some great wines. The staff were extremely helpful with our choice of wines and the ambiance was perfect. There is an awesome patio and I am looking forward to our next date night so we can relax, enjoy the wine and try the food.Special Features:
- Good for a laid back night outTheExChefDined on 3/30/2012I think our expectations were somewhat different that what was delivered. That's not necessarily a bad thing just that we hadn't spent a lot of time researching in advance so didn't know what to expect. So it's probably important to have a good picture of what to expect in advance (you're reading this so good start I'd say) Flights is an old house that has been converted into a wine and tapas cafe. with great patio areas outdoor dining this summer will be great Some of the wines were very good, others we found to be average Food was a little of the same, a bit hit and miss Hummus was a good dish to share and we enjoyed the pork Service was very good for a laid back night this could be exactly what you're looking forSpecial Features:
- Visited Flights for 5280 week.F00dieintrainingVIPDined on 3/9/2012Visited Flights for 5280 week. The wine was definitely the star and the meal was there to accent the wine. Very loud but they were fully booked so that may have been part of it. Enjoyed trying new wines, overall we had a nice evening out.Special Features:
- My wife and I really enjoyedLakewoodcoupleVIPDined on 3/4/2012My wife and I really enjoyed our evening at Flights. The wine flights in particular were a lot of fun. The restaurant is in a charming cottage and the staff were friendly and knowledgable.Special Features: