Flights - Renaissance North Hills
4100 Main at North Hills
Raleigh, NC 27609Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Flights - Renaissance North Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.flightsnorthhills.com/
- Phone: (919) 278-1478
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 10:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dean Thompson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Flights offers our newest addition to Renaissance Raleigh. The Branle room will be available for small private groups up to 40 guests. Large floor to ceiling corner windows are the main attraction for this beautiful room.
- Private Party Contact: Brittany King 9192781278x
A word from Flights - Renaissance North Hills
Flights at Renaissance Raleigh Hotel offers an eclectic menu in a whimsical setting. Cherry wood tones, custom wall sconces with modern pin lights and paintings from local artists add to the warm and inviting ambiance. With panoramic views of downtown Raleigh and surrounding North Hills, Flights provides guests with breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as an all-day lounge menu. Fresh and contemporary, our menus are inspired by regional flavors. Flights offers a contemporary spirit and a lively atmosphere, tempered by relaxed style and fun personality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Flights - Renaissance North Hills - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
Flights - Renaissance North Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (22)fit for foodies (19)romantic (14)notable wine list (6)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (5)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great hidden gem with fabulous foodetturner24Dined on 10/18/2014The food was great, we got a special treat from the chef!Special Features:
- Better than expectedDubbVIPDined on 10/11/2014What they don't tell you about this place is that it is a restaurant embedded in the Renaissance Hotel. Noise-wise, there was a good bit of spillover from the bar. The restaurant itself is very modern, maybe a little sterile in terms of ambiance. Still, the food was very good and the service was attentive. This place would be a good choice, probably, for a Sunday brunch with family or an evening when you want an easy option -- very uncrowded (except for the bar) on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Really Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014We really enjoyed our meals and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Best keep secretmlsfanDined on 9/20/2014Flights has always been one of my favorite restaurants, its not just a meal but a dining experience. The menu reflects many cuisines and vegetarians and vegans can always find choices. We had a fun passing our plates around to try every ones meals, all fantastic !!!Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinnerlhb87VIPDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I had a great meal at Flights for our anniversary. The servers and manager were very kind and gave great recommendations. My husband enjoyed his swordfish, and I enjoyed the shortrib very much - a very healthy portion. We have enjoyed Flights in the past for special dinners and they hit the mark again this time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very innovative Southern cookingDennisk51VIPDined on 9/18/2014Very pleasant surprise. I am sure most who go to the Rennaisance Hotel for dinner will go to Mia Francesca, but they are missing out on a very nice, simple, and innovative menu for dinner at Flights. It is the lobby restaurant, but the food was excellent. We both had the Red Oak salad; excellent. Both of the entrees were great. I had the short ribs with roasted cauliflower and green beans. EXCELLENT. My my wife had the pork loin chop. The bread served is an excellent sweet corn bread. If you don't feel like Italian and the large menu at Mia Francesca, Flights was very nice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014Amazing unique food offerings especially the hot cheesecake. Attentive yet not intrusive service.Special Features:
- Flights takes offlaurenzoDined on 9/14/2014Pleasantly surprised at the high quality and excellant flavor of the dishes. Not a typical hotel restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flights is Alright!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Service and food was outstanding. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedSusanDined on 9/6/2014The food wasn't good at all for the price we paid. The rice was cold, the fish was overcooked, the roasted chicken was nothing but boiled chicken in a can of tomato sause with a watery taste. It wasn't worth it at all!Special Features:
- enjoyable experienceSweetzDined on 9/6/2014I enjoyed the restaurant and service. The food was ok. I would not recommend the corn bisque unless you want sugar in a bowl. The chicken salad sandwich was tasty. My friend enjoyed the fish tacos. Next time I go, I will try some other options just to check out the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and servicebetsy989Dined on 9/5/2014Nice modern looking restaurant with good food and good service. My lamb chops were cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Awesome placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Food tasted great, service was great, drinks were great. Overall great experience and we will be returning for that tasty French toast and omelette bar.Special Features:
- Hot Cheesecake!EricDined on 8/26/2014This was an absolutely wonderful experience! The ambiance of the restaurant is wonderful. Before the meal came, the bread and sea salt-topped butter tasted delicious and even incorporate cheddar in the bread. The fried chicken dish was phenomenal and some of the best fried chicken I have ever eaten! The main dish of cheese and mushroom pasta was good as well (except perhaps for the black-eyed pea topping). But the dessert... wow! The dessert was a hot cheesecake, a dish I had never eaten before. The interior was hot and light like a souffle, and as I ate the dish its texture changed as it cooled slightly. But this was still one of the best desserts I have ever eaten and one of the best meals I have ever had in Raleigh. Wow!Special Features:
- good foodWorldjetsetterVIPDined on 8/23/2014Food was great, the service for only having 3 tables total sat out of the entire dining room was terrible. Waiter was knowledgeable but nothing more, not attentive, rushed, pushy to order... but I love good food so I would try it again for the food and hope for better service. I normally don't write reviews but I felt the need to voice my experience since it was memorable in a negative way. $150 for two with drinks apps and main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond ExpectationskatnissDined on 8/21/2014The service was incredible. We were first delighted by a complimentary amuse bouche of pita with chevre and candied duck bacon. The asiago bread and butter were also wonderful. We ordered two appetizers - the Fois Gras French Toast which was absolutely amazing with a perfect layering of flavors, and then the Scallop Fritters which couldn't be beat. I had the Pork Belly special with a mushroom ragu and goat cheese mashed potatoes. I was already full but couldn't put my fork down! My dining partner had the beef short rib with smoked macaroni and cheese. It was rich and delicious. All in all we had a fabulous time.Special Features:
- great mealNCdinersDined on 8/9/2014Our first dining experience at Flights was wonderful. The décor is very upscale and calming. The wait staff was very attentive and knowledgeable, making great recommendations. The NC Corn Bisque was absolutely amazing. I could have eaten many bowls of it!!! Both of our entrees were delicious. I opted for the grilled whole branzino (sp?) and it was perfectly grilled and seasoned. We tried, on our waiter's recommendation, the chef's specialty dessert, Hot Cheesecake, and were not disappointed. Highly recommend Flights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014our waiter was fantastic, although the food was a bit slow given the restaurant was nearly empty. overall great food & service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Excellent service; excellent food; limited menu; very cold in the restaurant and my view was overlooking a parking lotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why aren't they crowded?CarterCrazyDined on 7/26/2014The menu is small but 'fancy'. Despite this, my husband, who prefers more traditional foods, did not have a hard time finding something to order. We started with the seared scallops, which were truly incredible!! Our fantastic waiter, Travis, brought out some bread as well. I'm picky about dinner bread- this was perfect. Light, crisp on the outside, tender on the inside, and the butter alongside it wasn't rock hard. Next was the corn chowder with crab. Superb! We both ordered the Low Country Boil, which was also fantastic, but beware- it's NOT your typical boil. This was served in some sort of beef base and was heavy on the sausage flavor. Dessert of hot cheesecake knocked our socks off. Absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- The following 148 reviews are from the Flights - Renaissance North Hills reviews archive.
- Won't Be BackSatisfiedVIPDined on 7/22/2014I went here for dinner while driving through Raleigh; it's conveniently located off of the Beltline. I ordered a beet salad, a pork loin special entree, and a souffle-like cheesecake dessert. The salad was fine and the cheesecake creation was quite good. But the entree was very disappointing. I won't be back; the quality-price-ratio is too low.
- not worth itfoodiesDined on 7/19/2014We were the only ones (besides one couple) in the restaurant on a Saturday evening. The staff were nice, the few tables that were set were nice. Food was okay. Best part was the dessert. I would not go here again.
- WaiterAlexDined on 7/19/2014The waiter I had was awesome. He really treated us well and was very hospitable. I will definitely go back to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryAnniversaryDined on 7/1/2014This was a very special night, which was our Anniversary & we couldn't pick a better place to celebrate the occasion. The food & service was superb!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and Special TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014The service was outstanding and they went out o ftheir way to make our anniversary dinner very special. enjoy provided us with a free desert. Teh food was excellent and the service was one of teh best experiences we ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day BrunchTakeachanceDined on 6/15/2014I Googled"Father's Day Brunch" and Flights came up! Took a chance and loved it. The brunch buffet was wonderful and the price was very reasonable. Wait staff was personable and the complimentary valet parking was nice too. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinner!PayshaDined on 6/13/2014Had a wonderful dinner last Friday. Every dish was top notch! The scallops appetizer was fantastic. Entrees of Swordfish and Pork Porterhouse were perfect! And the hot cheesecake sealed the deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must Do RestaurantJEscaDined on 6/8/2014Food, excellent. Hostess, pleasant. Server Lina, MAGNIFICENT! Thank you for a fantastic Restaurant Week Experience. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing hotel gemFlanman00Dined on 6/7/2014From the attentive service to the amazing food, Flights was impressive. The highlight was the NC Corn Bisque which blossomed w fresh crab and was a great surprise. The chicken thigh and waffle appetizer was nearly as good. It was Resturant week so they had special deserts as well and we were blown away by the carrot cake blondie with cream cheese ice cream. Main courses consisted of the Brunswick Chicken and the pork porterhouse. The chicken was just a tad dry but the flavor was over the top good. No complaints on the porterhouse. All in all a definite repeat for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising findRocinanteDined on 6/5/2014We decided to try this restaurant during Triangle Restaurant Week - I was looking through the available menus for lunch, and the Flights menu really stood out - so many original sounding dishes. Or dishes with an original spin on them. We were certainly not disappointed - the food was presented very well, and was delicious. The service was wonderful, and the restaurant was charming. We will definitely be visiting again.Special Features:
- raleighguyDined on 5/30/2014Our experience was very positive. We were greeted with a smile and quickly seated. Our server, Travis was very knowledgeable and explained the entrees, discussed preferences and made suggestions. Food was excellent--beautifully prepared and presented. My husband had a pork dish and I had monkfish--we enjoyed both. Pur appetizer of scallops was outstanding! Nice hot bread too. Their signature dessert is a warm cheesecake which has a lovely presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and tasty buffetJBirdDined on 5/11/2014Wonderful spread with just the right balance of old favorites and more foodie oriented buffet offerings. All fresh and hot - and delicious. Service was attentive but not over-bearing; ambience was alive and bright but conversation-freindly. All-in-all a great Mother's Day experience for me and my 79 year old very selective mother.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceFoodieloversDined on 5/3/2014My boyfriend and I love to try new restaurants. It was his birthday night and we couldn't have beenore pleased with our server Travis. He was attentive, checked back after our two bites and was always there to make sure everything was good. He was very knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dont miss your FLIGHTS!!InTheNavyDined on 4/26/2014We deciced to go to Flights for our 28th wedding anniversary. The filet and condiments were the best I`ve had in the triangle.! The highlight was the dessert.....YOU MUST HAVE THE HOT CHEESECAKE!!!!! I have been all over the world and this is without a doubt, the BEST cheesecake I have ever had, hands down, game over!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night made Better!GayeDined on 4/5/2014Wow! The food was fantastic! The attention we recieved from the waiter and the maitre d was above any of our expectations. The waiter was knowledgeable and friendly. Did i mention the food :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Snobluv2eatgoodfoodDined on 3/31/2014Good atmosphere. Upbeat, good decor. Wait staff was on point. Food prepared exactly as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Place to EatDarrylVIPDined on 3/30/2014Flights is one of my favorites every time. They have a fancy atmosphere with a good food full of flavor. Never a wait, and not to crowded for is defiantly a well kept secret.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scallops appetizer was deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2014Scallops appetizer was delicious & the lamb chops were the best we've had in a while!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/21/2014One of Raleigh's gems. Chef Dean Thompson has knocked it out of the park. Sourcing local menu items is a huge plus in my book. The flavors are exquisite and well balanced. I mean ranjit ravioli with a truffle cream sauce?! Amazing. We cannot wait to return and partake in more of the epic goodness that exists at Flights. There's a reason he won Fire in the Triangle last year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Delight!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014Excellent service with lovely food presentation; took pictures to send to friends to recommend the dining experience! The hot cheesecake yummy and exceptional..overall a pleasant dining experience with family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.