777 6th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://flightdc.com/
- Phone: 2028646445x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 11:00PM
(Kitchen closes 10:00PM)
Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 1:00AM
(Kitchen closes 11:30PM)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Late Night, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Flight
An intimate wine bar in Chinatown/Penn Quarter with a wine list featuring over 30 options by the glass including lesser known varietals and labels from around the world. A selection of domestic and international beers, boutique spirits, and fresh ingredient sodas are available. Weekly specials include flights, bottle specials, and happy hours. The exciting food menu featuring fresh, locally-sourced ingredients offers many options for both vegetarians and non-vegetarians.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Flight - Best Restaurants in Penn Quarter ›
Flight reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (20)fit for foodies (14)romantic (8)hot spot (7)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (6)good for groups (4)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (3)special occasion (2)Show More
- Nice addition to the Phonebox areaDawnDined on 8/27/2014This is the place to go for an interesting selection of wines; some from countries you don't usually think of. They were very generous in providing samples so you could see if you liked the wine before buying a whole glass. Also they were very good at advising you on what you might like based on the wine you usually like (which you probably won't find here). The food is interesting also but mainly small plates so don't come here expecting a full meal. The staff really pays attention to you as attested to by the fact that when I left the restaurant, I left my jacket hanging over the back of my chair. One of the owners ran out and found me on the street to return it. Both owners, a married couple, were overseeing things which is great.Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/15/2014My husband and I were visiting from out of town and we were shocked at how outstanding the food was!! The wine was fantastic, the staff was extremely knowledgable and sweet. We sat on the street, so I can't speak to the experience on the inside of Flight, but on the patio we had a night to remember! Could not say enough great things about Flight DC.Special Features:
- Two great visits!JaymaDined on 7/30/2014We'd gone down there as a couple the first time for late night drinks and had a fun visit. We happened to return a couple of weeks later with family before an event. Both times we had great service, enjoyed the food the second visit, family loved the wine and beer list. Definitely on our list to include in our regular rotation. Very chill and welcoming vibe.Special Features:
- Great food and drinkOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014I have been to Flight several times since it opened and it just keeps getting better. Love the small plates, especially the mushrooms. Also enjoy the flights so you can try several wines at one time. Happy hour specials are also a find.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/23/2014Not great for a meal, but good for a drink and a snack/appetizer.Special Features:
- Dead on a Saturday Night?OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/10/2014We tried to visit this weekend but the combination of odd food options, broken table, sticky menu, shaky service, and terrible ambience prompted us to head out after 15 minutes unattended in this empty restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 19 reviews are from the Flight reviews archive.
- We'll Go Back... For the Wine...TJSwanDined on 4/24/2014I read the other reviews, so I went to Flight being a little skeptical about the food. Sure enough, no one in my party was impressed with the food. The presentation was wonderful, but overall we weren't impressed. However, our server was incredibly knowledgeable about the wines (as expected), but he was also extremely gracious and friendly. Based off of that and the very attractive environment, I will definitely go back... For the wine. I'll be sure to eat before I get there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- needs more entreesSaraVIPDined on 4/23/2014The wine selection and the cheese and breads we had were delicious. We wanted to stay for dinner, but the three options didn't excite us. We wished they had more entree options. Our server also didn't seem to know much of anything about the wines, which was weird because it's a wine bar. Overall, a good place for a drink after work.
- Wine was good as expected,DisappointingVIPDined on 4/11/2014Wine was good as expected, though pricey, for a wine bar. The menu is VERY limited and very eclectic - not the type of food you would expect entree wise to go with wine (Boston BBQ plate or pulled pork). I will say that both were delicious just not what we expected in a wine bar. Better to stick with the small plates - breads, cheese, etc. to go with the wine. Service was lacking - had to get our waiters attention in order to get a refill on our wine and there were not that many people there. Probably will not go back - too many better places in DC.Special Features:
- Take FlightCoopscoop4Dined on 4/5/2014Add Flight to a place to go after Wiz or Caps games. Not too big but roomy. As one would expect, good wine variety. Food is small bites and a few bigger plates. We had the Fattoush Salad, olives, a cheese plate. Bigger plates included A pulled duck sandwich and a roasted acorn squah filled with white beans, swiss chard and a few other interesting tastes. All very good and enough for four people. The price tag was reasonable and fyi, their happy hour starts at 10pm. Smart. I'll go back and hope to as the Wiz go through the playoffs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2014Our service was terrible, our waitress was more or less absent. It was impossible to even get our waters filled. She was also wearing a dirty see through tank top that was gross and inappropriate for a fairly upscale dining environment with a high price menu.Special Features:
- Fun and livelyACrossDCDined on 4/4/2014Flight's wine selection is fun, but not daunting in any way like some other wine bars' menus can be. The flights are adventurous - definitely a great time to try a couple of them and share them among friends! The only negative thing I can say here is that their menu is a bit limited, particularly in regards to the larger entree selections. But, if you're looking for just wine and appetizers, this is the perfect spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Slow ServiceKaraVIPDined on 4/2/2014Even when we first arrived and there were only a handful of other people in the restaurant, it was hard to get our server's attention. I realize he was also behind the bar, but we had a reservation so figured we would have decent service. The food was good - we got several small plates for the table to share. By the time we were leaving the restaurant was about half-full, and it took awhile to get our check and then someone else had to come pick up the credit cards because it had been 15 minutes and we were having trouble getting our server's attention. I would try it again in a couple of months to see if the service is better because the food was good.Special Features:
- Not GoodDiner98Dined on 3/29/2014The best thing about Flight Wine Bar was that it was not busy and easy to get a table on a Saturday night. But, it's not hard to figure out why. Service was poor. Server seemed disinterested and mumbled through a short description when we asked about a few of the wines. Wines are served in juice glasses - strange. Food was fine but there was not enough choices to make it a dinner for our party of four. So if you go, eat before or after. We won't be going back.
- Okay but could use refinementChristyGVIPDined on 3/26/2014Flight seems a little sparse and cold with all the cement floors/walls, minimal tables and chairs. The wine was good, service was decent, and food was okay. The wait staff never really brought menus for all four of us until we asked. That is just such an easy thing so I get annoyed with I have to wave down a server to get a menu. But my biggest problem on the evening we were there was that it was literally cold in the restaurant so it wasn't relaxing. I was cold when I walked in and never warmed up in the 2.5 hours I was there with my friends. The open space has some serious heating/cooling issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2014Great time!! Great Wine. Pulled Duck Sandwich was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewJKuneyDined on 3/14/2014This was my second time here in one week - so as you can see I love the place. My service the second time around though was not as steller as the first time. Our server did not come around to our table as much and when it came time to get the check it took a bit longer. Overall - still very knowledgeable wait staff, cute atmosphere and get wine selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best wine bar in DCFaraDined on 3/14/2014Great food, even better wine. You can't go wrong with this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy little wine bar w great beerFoodJunkieDined on 2/28/2014The ambiance is great, airy, and light. I can envision this a just a great little neighborhood wine bar where you become a regular after work (which means they need patio space for the summer or this place might only be crowded on rainy days). I came to try the wine but when I arrived some of my friends had already tried the beer and the beer is amazing! So the next time I try Flight I will try the wine because my friends that had the wine also enjoyed the wine. I can see myself going back very frequently since I live within 2 blocks and I will pass by often. The best part of Flight is the staff - they were so very nice and accommodating and generous - they just are a rare gem in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud to rememberDCCateDined on 2/20/2014The restaurant was so loud it was hard to focus on anything else. There's nothing soft in the restaurant to absorb sound. We were yelling at each other even though we were sitting right beside each other.Special Features:
- Popular noisy barSnootyfoodieVIPDined on 2/20/2014My sparkling wine came in a highball glass which dissipated all the fizz out of the drink. The food was okay , nothing special.Special Features:
- The wine was intersting butChristinaVIPDined on 2/15/2014The wine was intersting but not great value for money. The flight of wine was fun but when we got to buying wine by the glass $18 for a 6 oz pour was a bit steep. The food was interesting but a little heavily salted.Special Features:
- Interesting wine, mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/1/2014Fun space with good energy and very interesting wine list. The service was excellent and the wine recommendations were great. I recommend you eat before you come though: the menu is odd, the pesentation is poor and the food (olives, duck and squash) is generally disappointing.Special Features:
- hot dog and beansmarylandMooseDined on 1/31/2014Flight was fantastic. Great food and great value. The food has Mediterranean influences with hints of New England. The baked beans with sausages is out of this world. The braised beef marinated with Moxie cola from Maine is crazy good. We had a bottle of red wine from Italy's southern volcanic region: young, but with good body and tannin. Not much to criticize but there should be more wine selections in the $30 range. We all know they exist so Flight (a wine focused restaurant) should offer them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best wineLinaVIPDined on 1/28/2014Most delicious wine I've had I'm a while! Not an extensive food selection, but what is available is delicious. Mostly small plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.