Flight Restaurant & Wine Bar
1820 Tower Dr
Glenview, IL 60026Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Flight Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.flightwinebar.com/
- Phone: 8477299463
- Hours of Operation:
Flight's kitchen is open Monday - Thursday from 5 pm to 10 pm and Friday and Saturday from 5 pm to midnight. Last call in the wine bar is as late as 12:30 am Monday through Friday and as late as 1:30 am on Saturday. The restaurant is closed on Sunday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Cunningham
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our catering menu is available upon request. We would be happy to help you plan your special event!
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant Buy Out
- Private Party Contact: Events 8477299463
- Special Events: Flight offers a variety of wine tastings throughout the year and also features a WINE CLUB for those interested in learning more about wine or who would like to build their personal wine cellar. For more information, please visit our website.
A word from Flight Restaurant & Wine Bar
Celebrating its 8th year, Flight Restaurant & Wine Bar continues to fly high! Located in The Glen Town Center and considered one of the North Shore’s most popular eateries, Flight will take your senses to greater heights. Offering an extensive wine list featuring 35 wines by the glass from every corner of the globe, a fully stocked bar, and a menu best described as American Contemporary Comfort food, Flight offers a first-class dining experience that is sure to please. Customer favorites include the Duck Mac & Cheese, Pan Seared Scallops, Beef Tenderloin, Skirt Steak, and the Flight Burger served with Tuscan Fries cooked to perfection with parmesan cheese, herbs and garlic. Save room for dessert…the Chocolate Fondue paired with a Ruby Port is a must! A children’s menu is available for kids 12 and under. Looking for a special wine to stock your personal cellar? Our in-house wine director, Adam Bloom, is happy to assist you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Flight Restaurant & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Glenview ›
Flight Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (9)neighborhood gem (8)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (4)fit for foodies (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)special occasion (3)hot spot (3)good for groups (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Servor was awful.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014The waiter was one of the worst I have ever had in a restaurant, he was not very friendly or helpful and had an attitude that is not healthy for Flight.
- opentablemembersince2012VIPDined on 8/9/2014Great food, great service, but be careful! Extra charges add up fast. We ordered hummus, and when we saw the very few pita chips accompanying it, we asked for extra pita. Even at Happy Hour, when these were half off, they charged $2 for what amounted to the equivalent of 3/4 of a whole pita. My entrée was listed as $14.95 on the menu I received, but was billed at $16.95. When I asked about it, I was shown a new menu, where the price for the entrée was even higher than what I was charged. My dining companion also remembered the $14.95 price. So, enjoy the food, but keep the menu and check your bill carefully!
- awesome nighttboneDined on 8/2/2014The service, food, and atmosphere were awesome. We had one of our best dates and meals here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChicsterDined on 8/2/2014The service and servers were wonderful. We were celebrating an anniversary and they made it even more special with their upbeat, happy attitude.Special Features:
- A new find, and a gem at that.ChicagoSaxDined on 7/26/2014Comfortable outdoor seating that was not cramped at all. Excellent and tasteful food. Not a great children's menu for a picky eater. The main course did come before we were finished with our salads, which was a surprise. The kitchen was cranking them out I guess. All in all, a very fine restaurant with awesome food and drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodMicheleVIPDined on 7/10/2014We had a 6:30 reservation, and I arrived an hour early. I was seated outside, per request, and received excellent service. No rushing me, no pressure to give up the table, and the food and wine were excellent. I had the scallops, and my husband had the salmon. Both were fabulous, and we cannot wait to return. Flight is on the west side of the road, so avoids the afternoon sun, so the seating was delightful.Special Features:
- Pj76Dined on 6/27/2014The food and service was phenomenal the booth seats were a little warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood gemmamoosedetroisVIPDined on 5/30/2014Relaxing outdoor seating and good for people-watching. Good inventive, ever-changing menu. Good cocktails. Terrific ahi tuna appetizer and good skirt steak flatbread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 273 reviews are from the Flight Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Always delicious!GlenviewDined on 4/24/20145 stars always! Husband Tried the pork belly risotto on special and it was a hit! Always very fresh ingredients! Love this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spotSchaumburgDined on 4/23/2014My lady friend and I sat at a table and each had a flight of wine. Very good overall. We ordered a bunch of appetizers and shared. The creme brulee was very good and I'm not a dessert person. But she is. Good place to go, we're looking forward to sitting outside when the weather warms up.Special Features:
- Wonderful Wine and ServiceShoesDined on 3/28/2014Our server was fantastic! He was funny, friendly, and diligent. He made excellent recommendations! The flatbreads are worth a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It used to be better.SusjuneDined on 3/28/2014One, I cannot tolerate their music. It is just an annoying deep beat. Fake and horrible. Flight is not what it was way back.Special Features:
- Love FlightMinchDined on 3/22/2014My friends and I love going to Flight. The atmosphere is "casual nice", but feels more elegant with the fireplace and somewhat dim lighting. When we go out to dinner, it's to catch up, talk and laugh and this a wonderful restaurant in which to do that. The noise level is perfect, in that we can hear each other, but not the people sitting right next to us. It's a great place for friends to go as well as those on a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at best..SEZmanDined on 3/15/2014While Flight has a nice wine list, the food and service make it a less than desirable for more than a glass of wine. The food is good, not great. We were there on a Saturday night and the service was mediocre. Our server was not knowledgeable about wine and did not seem to be attuned to pairings, or for that matter, the complete menu. It was not until midway through our meal when we happened to look up and noticed that there were evening specials. Here's a hint -- avoid the "full glass" of wine. It costs twice as much as a half glass and offers maybe an ounce or two more. The atmosphere is pleasant -- but if we return, it will be for a glass of wine only.
- Would not hesitate to return...mealOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/15/2014Would not hesitate to return...meal, wine, service....all excellent....Special Features:
- ServiceGuestDined on 2/14/2014Service is what dining out is all about. Our server was not to be found anywhere. I actually had to go into the kitchen after waiting 30min for the check. I was disappointed.
- Great experience in the bar!SherrieVIPDined on 2/8/2014The cocktails are phenomenal there and Justin and the team give their all, with a 5 star service. Also recommendations were great - fish tacos, cheese plate, tuna app, burger flight, crème brulee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- winter wonderlandLauraDined on 2/1/2014I have been to this restaurant twice and thoroughly enjoyed it both time. The second time however was in the winter and because the restaurant is small and we had a group they placed us by the front door and it was freezing. The door opens right into the restaurant and they put up a curtain but that will not hold back the brutal weather of Chicago from coming in. So we asked to be moved once a table large enough opend up. My only suggestion is to come up with something better for next winter.Special Features:
- We hadn't been back to thisMIKEVIPDined on 2/1/2014We hadn't been back to this restaurant for a few years and after eating remembered. We ordered wine which was overpriced for the quality served- ordered 5 different appetizers all of which were totally nondescript.
- Not good for dinnershaneVIPDined on 12/30/2013Great for wine. The trouble is that the food is very inconsistent and the service is outrageously slow. This is definitely not a place that I would revisit.Special Features:
- Hey Average!SteveDined on 12/28/2013I guess after moving from the city we were expecting a bit more here....perhaps unrealistic. Food was pretty good, not a huge selection but adequate. The wine selection was large and of good quality. The ambiance in the dining room is lacking though....love the decor and fireplace, but a flat screen and the bright lighting were interesting choices that kill any sort of romantic or "city-like" restaurant vibe. The bar was full and had a lively vibe and good service/selection. They have a couple large booths/tables that were occupied by groups that seemed to work well....looks like a good place to get a group together for a nicer night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a quiet night outAmySDined on 12/21/2013We had a flight of wine, which we always enjoy. Rather than ordering a meal we chose to share items from the extensive appetizer options. The food, wine, service & ambience were all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great OptionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013This place is great little find. Wine list is wonderful and try their Flight wines which is a sample of three signature wines. Bar is extensive and food options are limited but very good. Service was friendly. Would go back again!Special Features:
- We've been going to FlightOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/22/2013We've been going to Flight since it opened. Alittle confused when the menu is constantly changing but the food is always outstanding. This time, however, our service was terrible. The waiter was bad. Our entree came to the table in the middle of our salad. Our coffee came as our desserts were finished. We'd go back for the food as long as we didn't get that waiter. I will say thank you for the after dinner drink since we complained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very small portions althoughOpenTableProVIPDined on 11/16/2013Very small portions although quality is OK. Hit or miss service. Poor ambiance. I was expecting a better experience from an Open Table restaurant.
- A nice night but some food ...HungryfoodieVIPDined on 10/25/2013We had a table for four on a Friday night. Our appetizers were very good. The entrees were split. The chicken and steak were good. The salmon entree was overcooked and almost inedible for one of our guests. We have eaten here more than a few times. This was the first time that all the food wasn't very good. We would return to try again, but are not in a hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC!!!HappyDined on 10/18/2013I've been here several times and the food and wine flights are fantastic!!! Always very happy with location, service, food and drinks!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The crab cakes were smellyLpf4VIPDined on 10/12/2013The crab cakes were smelly and undercooked. The salted was both wilted and brown at the edges. The salmon was rubbery and the pasta was boring.
- Below Average ExperienceGaetanoDined on 10/4/2013Poor Service - Staff was young and inexperienced Wine selection was poor, in my opinion Room was too bright
- Bad experienceMeirVIPDined on 9/28/2013It used to be a good place. Now terrible! Service was BAD, food just OK.Special Features:
- Good place to relaxLynnDined on 9/21/2013The restaurant decor is nice and the service was very good. The waiter was attentive but not overbearing. We never felt rushed and the waiter was very responsive to our requests. A very pleasant evening. Admittedly, I think the lighting could have been slightly dimmer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!GlenviewDined on 9/20/2013My husband and I dine here many times a year. Love the ambiance! My favorite is the cedar planked salmon paired with Chardonnay flight. Don't miss the bread pudding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointmentGoldieVIPDined on 9/14/2013Although the restaurant was almost empty, the hostess seated us in the middle of the room despite our request for a booth. Then, it took almost 10 minutes before our server approached us; in fact, we would have left in another 2 minutes. The food was good but the portions small, particularly the tuna entrée. We have eaten at Flight before and have had better experiences. We seriously doubt whether we will reurn.
- Take off at Flight ~OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2013I was impressed with Flight - the ambiance and decor were delightful. The staff was friendly. The food was delicious and I am a huge fan of the wine flight concept. All that being said, it is quite pricey but well worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- FlightPETEDined on 8/14/2013Very expensive. ($14.00) for an over cooked hamburger which my wife ordered med. Chicken much too lemony. Potatoe wedges also overcooked & dry.
- FantasticfoodieDined on 8/10/2013Appetizers are terrific. Very flavorful and just the right amount. Wine and Champaign were perfectly paired with our food order. And our after dinner drink Cointreau was the perfect finish to our dining experience. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine & FoodshantiDined on 8/3/2013Great place to meet friends& have delicious wine & great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot and will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/13/2013enjoyed the wine flights and thought the food was good. based on other options in the Glen, this is one to keep on the list when you don't seek a rowdy bar scene.Special Features:
- Summer night pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2013We are happy with the summer menu, a great wine selection, lovely outdoor dining spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was just expecting more.Groovey56Dined on 6/29/2013I was just expecting more. I also would have appreciated the server not only calling our attention to the specials, but read them and describe each item. There was nothing on the menu that would say "worth coming back for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.