Flex Mussels - 82nd Street
174 East 82nd Street
New York, NY 10028Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Flex Mussels - 82nd Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.flexmusselsny.com/
- Phone: 2127177772x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Tues - Thurs 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday 5:00pm-11:30pm Sunday 5:00-10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Canadian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Please join us for $20 all you can eat mussels, fries, and one draft beer from 5:30-7PM every night at the bar and counter only. Choice of Fra Diavolo, Dijon or Classic.
A word from Flex Mussels - 82nd Street
Direct importers of mussels from Prince Edward Island and oysters that taste like you're kissing the sea.Continued
Happy Hour specials 7 nights a week at the bar and counter only. No sharing.
5:00PM-7PM Saturday and Sunday
Happy Hour specials 7 nights a week at the bar and counter only. No sharing.
5:00PM-7PM Saturday and Sunday
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Flex Mussels - 82nd Street - Best Restaurants in Upper East Side ›
Flex Mussels - 82nd Street reviews from OpenTable diners
233 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (138)fit for foodies (137)hot spot (58)good for groups (48)romantic (39)special occasion (39)vibrant bar scene (35)great for lunch (18)kid-friendly (13)great for outdoor dining (11)notable wine list (10)late-night find (9)great for brunch (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- So Many Mussels!waterfrontfinderDined on 10/22/2014The food here is always amazing. Each person gets a whole pot of delicious mussels. We went on a Tuesday night, and it was a little cramped and noisy. The service was excellent, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014the mussels were tasty but not all the rage, donuts were delicious!Special Features:
- lvfoodDined on 10/18/2014Even though we arrived way before our scheduled reservation time, the hostess graciously seated us early even though the place was hopping. I am not a mussel fan but was pleasantly surprised how good it was. The wait staff was friendly and attentive. We had a great meal and will go back when in the citySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014I brought a foodie friend here for dinner and we had a great meal. We got the mussels Funghi and San Daniele. They were so creamy and delicious. The mussels came out PIPING hot but it didn't stop us from scarfing them down immediately (even to the detriment to a few of our taste buds). Overall great service and food. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Late dinnerSushifeastDined on 10/17/2014Met up with some friends for a late, light meal. Mussels were great but the branzino was tiny and not worth the money. Best to stick with the Mussels. Beer selection was good but never heard of most of the microbreweries.Special Features:
- AwesomeHariGDined on 10/17/2014Flex Mussels does not disappoint Amazing beer, oysters, and mussels.Special Features:
- Awful WaiterSisterphiaDined on 10/13/2014Our waiter was so strange and off putting. He make me and my friends feel really awkward at my birthday dinner. I am sure we were nice and not difficult but from the very start he had an exteremly weird and unfriendly vibe. Also we had to ask him to take both our drink and food orders because he didn't come to check on us. Really wish I had a different waiter. The food was very good but maybe I won't come back because of this experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come for the MusselsjaydeejayVIPDined on 10/13/2014Fresh and delicious PEI Mussels prepared so many different ways! The menu offers mussels prepared primarily steamed in one of many different broths. My husband started with the charred octopus which really was enough for us to share. We both had the mussels provencal, which arrived at the table steaming hot with plenty of bread for the sauce. We also shared an order of flex fries which arrived accompanied by ketchup (I would have preferred aioli in more of the moule frites tradition). Service was good and efficient. The tables are small, but our waiter quickly removed our empty shells as quickly as possible. The only negative is the closeness of the tables where it was difficult to get in and out of the seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious MealBuckskinbellyDined on 10/11/2014My 10 year old daughter loves mussels so the 2 of us went together. The service was attentive and quick and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flex but not flexiblegoodtimeoutDined on 10/11/2014Staff friendly but overworked. Mussels okay. Simple menu. Couldn't enjoy dining in the cramped, noisy, packed, claustrophobic space. Expensive for mussels and left feeling hungry.
- Flex Mussels strikes again!AveriMaDined on 10/10/2014Flex Mussels is easily one of my favorite restaurants. From the food and drinks to decor - everything is impeccable! Great for girls night out, a romantic evening or just an all around good time.Special Features:
- Mussels Galore2outoftownersDined on 10/10/2014Reliable as always. Good, fresh steamed mussels with a variety of different broths. Great place for after (or before) the movies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tastyDined on 10/7/2014fantastic restaurant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great mussels !!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food,not serviceJennyVIPDined on 10/7/2014I've to Flex Mussels a number of times. Food is always super and service almost as good. This tim3, however, the service was very poor. It would not deter me from going again, but I was quite disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service!!GtgtDined on 10/3/2014The mussels are unlike anywhere else but be ready for slow service! Came in early at 6pm and somehow took 20 minutes between every course.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!AlizaEloiseVIPDined on 9/29/2014Our food was perfect! From the first dish to the last. Mussels were hot, fresh, tender!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone was HappyHallwayDined on 9/28/2014I happen to LOVE mussels...so this is a perfect spot for me. But everyone in our party of five left happy. Great mussels, fries, bread, salads, donuts. One hold out had fish & chips and raved about those! We plan to be regulars.Special Features:
- very bad reservation serviceASalvDined on 9/27/20142 complains: I called a couple of hours before my reservation to change from a 2 people to 3 people, I was told that I could change it but we were going to be sited at a table for 2. I decided it leave it for two. Good things because the table was very small, it was hard for two people to eat comfortably. Another complain is that we were told that the tables are available for only 1 1/2 hours which made me feel completely pressured to finish fast and made it hard to enjoy our meal. Overall, I would not come back. Don't get me wrong, the food is great but not worth being treated as if the restaurant is doing you a favor. The reservation service (not the waiter, he was nice, rushed but nice) killed it for me.Special Features:
- Parma is my favOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/23/2014All items on the menu sound amazing, but the Parma is my favourite so far. Not the healthiest option, though.Special Features:
- shaia17Dined on 9/20/2014This is my second time going, and it was definitely delicious. However, maybe it was because they were super busy, but i remember the mussel broth having a richer flavor. it wasn't as good as I had remembered the first time, but still worth trying if you've never been.Special Features:
- Amazingfoodie513VIPDined on 9/19/2014The bisque mussels were amazing. I need to go back!! Definitely make reservations. It gets busy in there, especially on the weekends and after 6/7pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy MusselsAngieDined on 9/19/2014There were so many options for broths. The broth was amazing. However, I was a little disappointed that the mussels were so tiny. Our server was very attentive. Overall, I was satisfied and happy with my food.Special Features:
- Amazing Mussels!Oriedog25Dined on 9/19/2014We discovered Flex Mussels about 3 years ago. We are regulars and we bring friends who love it too. I have never been disappointed in any dish I have tried and the seasonal changes are refreshing and delicious. I just love this place! PS save some room for the doughnuts!Special Features:
- An UES GemTommyDDined on 9/15/2014You will always have a good experience at Flex Mussels. The food is great, the service is attentive, and don't forget to have a donut for dessert. You will not regret it.Special Features:
- Love this place!Joie2vivreVIPDined on 9/14/2014One of our favorite neighborhood restaurants. We always have a great experience. Food and service are always great. Enjoying trying the interesting beers on draft that change often. The donuts for dessert are a must.Special Features:
- mussels, donuts, yum!nycfoodieVIPDined on 9/7/2014Have been to this restaurant several times, and it just keeps getting better and better! The s'mores donut is delicious, and I loved the salted caramel even more (and I usually don't like salted caramel flavored things!). The San Daniele mussels were to die for- the taste was spot on. The service wasn't what I have had in the past, and wish that their wine list offered more by the glass options, rather than $40+ bottles. Otherwise, love this place and can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Our local gemOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/7/2014We know we can always come here for great food, fun atmosphere and reliable service.Special Features:
- It's a keeperfugaziDined on 9/6/2014First time I ever ordered mussels as an entree...the fra Diablo mussels were amazing! Service was excellent and just an overall great dining experience. Highly recommended the kale salad, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So deliciousamp449Dined on 9/6/2014Everything was amazing (including the service). I need to go back again to try more mussel flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Awesome . Was a very good spot. Food was excellent. Mussels were great. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- they were rightScottDined on 9/5/2014recommended a thousand times to me and i see why. sourdough bread and all food was yummy. excellent beers. truffle fries. all good. expect to spend at least $50 per person. energetic, great fun on a weekend night. reservations needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- get the dijon mussels.bellaVIPDined on 9/3/2014the dijon mussels are the best thing i've eaten in a long time!
- fabulous mussel!!!blues2foodDined on 8/30/2014Great menu with multiple mussel choices. We ordered 3 starters to share and each one was tasty and cooked just right. I had the Parma mussels and made satisfying noises with each bite! We sat on the terrace (tiny, but if you're lucky you can sit and stay for hours) as it was a little too cold inside. Had a terrific waiter, attentive with a great sense of humor. Arrived at 5:30 for a late lunch / early dinner and it was perfect timing. there was a waiting line by 6:30. A gem on the upper east side!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceklent waiterJoanVIPDined on 8/29/2014Good meal, delicious, but noisy bar scene, spirited waiter
- UESCutieVIPDined on 8/29/2014Luckily an outdoor table was available, otherwise we would have left right away. Noise level was oppressive, music too loud for conversation, restaurant packed, even @ 6 pm Friday evening. Very good mussels and fish & chips, interesting beer selection, excellent knowledgeable waitress. Outdoor space very cramped, 4 tables that should have been 2. Glad we tried it, but will probably not return, will leave it to the younger crowd.Special Features:
- Awesome!lexmacDined on 8/27/2014Great food and ambiance. Love all the different varieties of mussel preparations! One suggestion I had would be to offer a "sampler" of sorts - a platter of 3 or 4 smaller portions of mussels where you could choose several different preparations so that you can taste more than just one. They all looked so good I wanted to try them all.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014Great mussels ever. The host who sat us however, was condesending and rude.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014My daughter stumbled across an article on Flex Mussels and we decided to give it a try. What a find! We love mussels, but the variety was incredible and they were outstanding. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Great, Service Not so GreatLydiaMVIPDined on 8/22/2014As always, the food wins here. The service was particularly bad. I come here at least once a month and have never had an experience like this. Waited 55 minutes for our reservation, maitre'd was not polite about it. We ordered a drink at the bar, after waiting 15 minutes to flag down the bartender who was perched at the end of the bar. Server was impossible to track down when we wanted to order more drinks. The table next to us was having a similar issue. I flagged down what I believe was a manager to ask for a wine list and he never came back. Shame, because the food is always consistent. The service used to be good but something changed in the last year. Hope they get their act together.
- My partner and I both thoughtshelliDined on 8/21/2014we were overcharged and short-served on our glass of wine order. This has never happened before at "Flex"Special Features: