Flex Mussels - 82nd Street
174 East 82nd Street
New York, NY 10028Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Flex Mussels - 82nd Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.flexmusselsny.com/
- Phone: 2127177772x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Tues - Thurs 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday 5:00pm-11:30pm Sunday 5:00-10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Canadian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Please join us for $20 all you can eat mussels, fries, and one draft beer from 5:30-7PM every night at the bar and counter only. Choice of Fra Diavolo, Dijon or Classic.
A word from Flex Mussels - 82nd Street
Direct importers of mussels from Prince Edward Island and oysters that taste like you're kissing the sea.Continued
Happy Hour specials 7 nights a week at the bar and counter only. No sharing.
5:00PM-7PM Saturday and Sunday
Happy Hour specials 7 nights a week at the bar and counter only. No sharing.
5:00PM-7PM Saturday and Sunday
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Flex Mussels - 82nd Street - Best Restaurants in Upper East Side ›
Flex Mussels - 82nd Street reviews from OpenTable diners
242 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (146)fit for foodies (138)hot spot (65)good for groups (41)special occasion (40)vibrant bar scene (40)romantic (36)great for lunch (17)kid-friendly (16)notable wine list (12)great for brunch (9)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- Love this place!Joie2vivreVIPDined on 9/14/2014One of our favorite neighborhood restaurants. We always have a great experience. Food and service are always great. Enjoying trying the interesting beers on draft that change often. The donuts for dessert are a must.Special Features:
- mussels, donuts, yum!nycfoodieVIPDined on 9/7/2014Have been to this restaurant several times, and it just keeps getting better and better! The s'mores donut is delicious, and I loved the salted caramel even more (and I usually don't like salted caramel flavored things!). The San Daniele mussels were to die for- the taste was spot on. The service wasn't what I have had in the past, and wish that their wine list offered more by the glass options, rather than $40+ bottles. Otherwise, love this place and can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Our local gemOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/7/2014We know we can always come here for great food, fun atmosphere and reliable service.Special Features:
- It's a keeperfugaziDined on 9/6/2014First time I ever ordered mussels as an entree...the fra Diablo mussels were amazing! Service was excellent and just an overall great dining experience. Highly recommended the kale salad, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So deliciousamp449Dined on 9/6/2014Everything was amazing (including the service). I need to go back again to try more mussel flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Awesome . Was a very good spot. Food was excellent. Mussels were great. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- they were rightScottDined on 9/5/2014recommended a thousand times to me and i see why. sourdough bread and all food was yummy. excellent beers. truffle fries. all good. expect to spend at least $50 per person. energetic, great fun on a weekend night. reservations needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- get the dijon mussels.bellaVIPDined on 9/3/2014the dijon mussels are the best thing i've eaten in a long time!
- fabulous mussel!!!blues2foodDined on 8/30/2014Great menu with multiple mussel choices. We ordered 3 starters to share and each one was tasty and cooked just right. I had the Parma mussels and made satisfying noises with each bite! We sat on the terrace (tiny, but if you're lucky you can sit and stay for hours) as it was a little too cold inside. Had a terrific waiter, attentive with a great sense of humor. Arrived at 5:30 for a late lunch / early dinner and it was perfect timing. there was a waiting line by 6:30. A gem on the upper east side!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceklent waiterJoanVIPDined on 8/29/2014Good meal, delicious, but noisy bar scene, spirited waiter
- UESCutieVIPDined on 8/29/2014Luckily an outdoor table was available, otherwise we would have left right away. Noise level was oppressive, music too loud for conversation, restaurant packed, even @ 6 pm Friday evening. Very good mussels and fish & chips, interesting beer selection, excellent knowledgeable waitress. Outdoor space very cramped, 4 tables that should have been 2. Glad we tried it, but will probably not return, will leave it to the younger crowd.Special Features:
- Awesome!lexmacDined on 8/27/2014Great food and ambiance. Love all the different varieties of mussel preparations! One suggestion I had would be to offer a "sampler" of sorts - a platter of 3 or 4 smaller portions of mussels where you could choose several different preparations so that you can taste more than just one. They all looked so good I wanted to try them all.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014Great mussels ever. The host who sat us however, was condesending and rude.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014My daughter stumbled across an article on Flex Mussels and we decided to give it a try. What a find! We love mussels, but the variety was incredible and they were outstanding. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Great, Service Not so GreatLydiaMVIPDined on 8/22/2014As always, the food wins here. The service was particularly bad. I come here at least once a month and have never had an experience like this. Waited 55 minutes for our reservation, maitre'd was not polite about it. We ordered a drink at the bar, after waiting 15 minutes to flag down the bartender who was perched at the end of the bar. Server was impossible to track down when we wanted to order more drinks. The table next to us was having a similar issue. I flagged down what I believe was a manager to ask for a wine list and he never came back. Shame, because the food is always consistent. The service used to be good but something changed in the last year. Hope they get their act together.
- My partner and I both thoughtshelliDined on 8/21/2014we were overcharged and short-served on our glass of wine order. This has never happened before at "Flex"Special Features:
- JohnVIPDined on 8/20/2014It is what it is - mussels plus a few other things. The do have fresh oysters and the shigoku oysters I had were superb. The PEI mussels served here are good size.I would recommend this to a friend.
- unrealDaveVIPDined on 8/19/20146th or 7th time at Flex- never dissapoints. Food is unbelieveable. Group of 3 had crab cakes and fried oysters to start. Best fried oysters we had ever had- very fresh. All did mussels for entree. The best mussels around, especially the Bruschetta w/ lobster. Great fries on the side. Dont forget the dessert. Great selection of doughnuts, but dont waste your time. get all salted caramel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flexed MusselskitchykatieDined on 8/19/2014I went with a friend of mine to catch up and the food was ok. We split the special and one of her favorite mussel dishes. We weren't really a fan of the special and once the bill came the special was way more then any of the other dishes. Not the usual few dollars more. I feel like in senses like that they should note it or mention it, but not a huge deal. The place was small with no real windows in the back but there were alot of murals and pictures on the wall to try and make up for it. The servers were very attentive and kept emptying our shell bowls which was great. the tables were a little too close together I sort of felt like I was having dinner with the people on either side of me as well. They made the most of their spaceSpecial Features:
- Taste: TenPabloNYVIPDined on 8/18/2014While the tastes of my wedge salad and Mexican Mussels were exceptional, the portions were inadequate. The fries were cold and, therefore, lacked taste. However, the staff was exceptionally attentive and the décor was quite attractive and inviting. I would try this again as the menu offers so many delicious sounding options that another few visits are definitely warranted.Special Features:
- Eat with earplugs24dinnerDined on 8/17/2014After being unable to get a table here on several occasions, I was thrilled to be able to book one on a Sunday night. We sat at 6:45 and thought the menu offered many great options. The food was good, but the noise level was too high to speak. In addition, they played music so loudly that we couldn't enjoy our meal. They played their sound system so loudly, only adding insult to injury. We asked two different servers to turn down the volume. It was lowered for a few minutes and then back to ear splitting level. It just wasn't fun eating even though the mussels were delicious.Special Features:
- Fresh and ampleOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/16/2014Always great seafood and of course the muscles. We love coming here and it is a local place. The donuts are the treat at end of a yummy muscles meal and oysters. Great beer and wine selection.Special Features:
- pmccroskpmccroskVIPDined on 8/16/2014This is the 4th time eating at Flex Mussels. While the food is good, the overall experience is diminished by loud noise, small portions and high tab.
- GreatTatizDined on 8/15/2014Mussels are just awesome! The salted caramel donuts are delicious too. I'm not a fan of their drink menu so I always get wine. I love this placeSpecial Features:
- Grate foodCycyDined on 8/14/2014Nice experience! I will definetly go again. Very tasty food, good service, deserts amazing! You should go if you love sea food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Good!!!JMDNYCDined on 8/12/2014We've lived in the city for 18 years and just discovered Flex Mussels. So upset but will be going frequently. The varieties of mussels is incredible and all are delicious. Also, love the crab cake and octopus apps.Special Features:
- Mussels ExtradonnaireKing649Dined on 8/9/2014Great spot to enjoy the wonders of Prince Edward Islands mussels prepared in more ways than you can imagine. Suggest you ask about their daily #23 specia;.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mussels!UesfoodyumVIPDined on 8/8/2014With 23 different preparations of fresh mussels, it is difficult to decide on just one. We always enjoy a trip to flex. Great service and delicious mussels keep Flex on our reataurant rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Muscles!OpeninkieDined on 8/8/2014The food is excellent here. I could eat here a lot & never get bored because there is such a great variety on the menu. I wouldn't have changed one single thing about the Muscles Fungi. Perfect combination of ingredients perfectly prepared. This will become a regular spot for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience.TammsbbVIPDined on 8/7/2014I had such a fun time here. I really wanted to give this spot a try and ended up dining by myself at the bar. I had such an enjoyable time. The food amazing. The bartenders very sweet and attentive. I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014If you like mussels, you have to go. If you do not like mussels, the place will change your mind. Thai and Maine are awesome. Truffle fries are gorgeous.Special Features:
- Flex MusselsTempoDined on 8/4/2014WE had a wonderful time at Flex Mussels. The menu is a lot of fun and the wait staff was terrific. The atmosphere is lively and energetic. We enjoyed the mussels and our appetizers of fried oysters and tuna carpaccio. The desserts are amazing but it would be nice to be able to get fewer than 4 donuts!Special Features:
- Fantastic!monica1VIPDined on 8/3/2014Amazing & fresh food, service was excellent! We had the thai mussels which were fantastic. The truffle fries are not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good broth n donutsBeachBumVIPDined on 8/3/2014The mussels were okay, well cooked but a tsa small. But the different broth and flavor combos were really good and so was the donut desers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tiny mussels212celesteDined on 8/3/2014The place was pretty, clean and fun. We ate in the front bar area and the service was top notch. Only complaint was the size of the mussels. Big shells no meat, so it seemed like the pot was full, but unless you ate all the bread for dipping you'd still be hungry after a panfull to yourself. Would love to be a neighborhood regular, but I like my mussels pumped and brawny.Special Features:
- OutstandingfoodieDined on 8/3/2014We were a party of five for my adult daughter's birthday. The table, lighting and music was perfect. We all ordered different mussels and they were all delicious! Couldn't have asked for a more perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great upper east side findBklyngirlDined on 8/1/2014While the upper east side can have slim pickings for good food in a fun atmosphere Flex Mussels fits the bill. The mussels are outstanding with interesting or classic preparations. They also have other choices of mostly seafood if you don't want mussels. Homemade donuts with sauces you choose is a standout dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated and disappointingMrsWomblesDined on 8/1/2014Amb.: It smelled like ammonia/bad seafood. In hindsight, we should have left. Candlelight & fisherman-themed decor is nice. The music was corny. Service: Waiter was fair, but the busboys made up for it. They made sure our shell pots were swapped and water glasses constantly filled. Most of the waitstaff stood nearby and gossiped loudly. It was distracting and unprofessional. Food: My husband & I ordered mussels. He had the San Daniele, which should've had prosciutto, caramelized onions, wine & garlic. My husband swears it was country ham. Also, tasted like the kitchen skimped on the wine. I had Dijon mussels, which could've been ok but they were sandy & had mustard blobs throughout. Mussels were small. Can't recommend!
- Awesome Dinner at FlexKistyNYCVIPDined on 7/31/2014Had dinner for the first time at Flex Mussels Wed July 30th. You don't have to think alot when you come here, you're going to order the mussels and sop up the delicious liquid at the bottom with excellent crusty bread. Portions are very generous. I went with Fra Diavolo (nice and spicy), my GF went with Dijon, and we washed it down with a bottle of Pinot Grigio. Great summer time meal. We were both full so I can't comment on the desserts. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Yummy!nomnom13Dined on 7/28/2014Great mussels- we went with a group and just passed the pots around the table. They were all delicious! The truffle fries are not to be missed.Special Features: