Fleuri - The Sutton Place Hotel
845 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC V6Z 2K6Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
Fleuri - The Sutton Place Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vancouver.suttonplace.com/Restaurant_Bar.htm
- Phone: 6046422900x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday - Saturday: 6:30am - 11:30am; Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy Private Dining for you and your group in our Pol Roger I and II rooms, nestled behind Gerard Lounge and Fleuri Restaurant. Accommodating from 10 to 50 people, our luxurious and exclusive private dining rooms are perfect for your next event whether it is a family dinner, birthday or after work get-together.
- Private Party Contact: Corey Jessup 6046422981x
A word from Fleuri - The Sutton Place Hotel
A distinct style of dining is offered in the hotel's award-winning Fleuri Restaurant. Reminiscent of a grand European manor, an elegant and refined atmosphere welcomes guests for a truly special dining experience. With award-winning Chefs and Cooks at the helm, guests are assured to experience the best Vancouver has to offer for hotel dining. Fleuri Restaurant offers breakfast and lunch menus featuring daily "market specialties" that highlight the season's best offerings. For the evening hour, an exquisite and innovative menu showcases Progressive Northwest Cuisine with weekly tasting menus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fleuri - The Sutton Place Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
- The BasicsFrbwh1Dined on 3/15/2014If ambiance of a hotel lobby is what you are looking for, this place is it. Standard level of food, though no where near the $$$$ rating we had seen on Opentable. We expected way more. The menu was very basic, if pub fare is your thing then this fits the bill. Only thing that was a bright spot was the staff seemed to be a bit more polished than your average family-style dining venue. Would not recommend, would not go back.
- Stayed, elegant, quietOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/13/2014This is a good place to have a quiet business lunch where the business discussion will be a focus of the event and you need a place to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive and DisappointedMoMoJuDined on 1/10/2014The food quality was disappointed. Expensive and not worth the price marked. Very quiet as only one table during the lunch hour. We were there from noon till 1:30 PM on a Tuesday. We won't recommend to anyone nor we will go back again.
- 1:30 not a great time to goSandyDined on 1/3/20141:30 not a great time to go for lunch. The restaurant was empty and we like a buzz. The service made up for it though. Food was very tasty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is an old time beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013This is an old time beautiful dining room, in a beautiful hotel. I dined here on Christmas Day. The service was prepared for two sittings, which placed so much pressure on the kitchen, that the service was compromised. Were I dining on a non special occasion, I would probably have rated the restaurant much higher.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sigh.CatfinDined on 12/15/2013I'd been here for a fantastic brunch previously and so booked breakfast for my husband and I after staying in the hotel. I'd heightened his expectations after telling him about the brunch. Now I understood that this would be a different experience but, oh my, what an anti-climax! Limited menu with a disappointing continental breakfast. I watched countless people approach the breakfast table and then promptly walk away. I ordered off the menu and was surprised to see my poached eggs swimming in a little bowl of water???!!! The hash browns were in no way brown or crispy and starved of seasoning. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Not a Brunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/24/2013We've eaten before at Fleuri and loved it. Great selection, marvellous food, wonderful service... but this time, the brunch menu was sparse, and the food nice, but not special. My huevos rancheros, essentially, arrived on a folded tortilla, which meant I could not wrap the eggs in the Tortilla, nor pick up, 'cause it was now covered in eggy bits. My husband's tea had coffee poured in it. Yes, he'd moved the cup away from the teapot, but really, we'd already told both servers twice that it was tea, not coffee. It was not a busy morning, so perhaps they could have coded the table as 'be careful, there's something funny about refills there.' All in all, OK, but not a place I will go back to for brunch.
- We had a very nice waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013We had a very nice waitress and enjoyed the food and atmospher very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going through renovationsyoungfamilyDined on 10/26/2013The hostess who seated us told us the hotel was going to be renovated soon, so they had gotten rid of their chocolate buffet and the high tea. The seafood linguine pasta we ordered came out cold, and the seafood didn't taste very fresh, so diappointed with the main. However, my beet salad and crab cakes with ribs were fabulous. If we go back, it will have to be after renovations, please bring back the chocolate buffet (or a dessert buffet) and the high tea! Also, this place is not baby-friendly as there are no change tables in the washrooms. We had to change her on a chair in the restaurant! Hopefully that is something they will put in during their renos.
- Great Value at FleuriOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/28/2013My wife and I celebrated our 28th Anniversary at Fleuri last Saturday. The setting and food were excellent and our server was very attentive. On top of these positive attributes, we felt we received excellent value compared to alternative Vancouver restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Otherwise quiet place...AnnickVIPDined on 7/9/2013... but unfortunately, on that evening, there was a big table of people with LOTS of kids who had no idea how to behave in a 5-star restaurant! And of course, the "parents" could not care less... I was looking for a quiet evening, I got screams and kids playing around me, not nice at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual elegant diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/6/2013The food was top quality and beautifully plated. The restaurant was very quiet and not very busy. The service was very good.... The portion size for the entree was small but enough for a small appetite. We had the sablefish which really was excellent. The steel head trout was very moist. Love the pretzel buns and bread!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We dine sunday around 8pm,FoodieVIPDined on 5/5/2013We dine sunday around 8pm, so restaurant was empty, only 3other tables. It was extremely slow and poor service. server was by himself for entire floor so we understand but he didn't follow up with us so we waited forever to get water, bread and take our order. . food was good but stone cold hard bread for the table. we've dine here many times but it was one of the worst night.
- The service on Saturday wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013The service on Saturday was excellent, our server was pleasant and she went above and beyond to make our dining service a welcoming and inviting experience. The food was incredible and came exactly as I ordered it - I had steak and eggs cooked to perfection. We gave a generous tip. I would come back again. In fact we did, on Sunday.Special Features:
- My hearing is poor despiteDaveDined on 4/19/2013My hearing is poor despite wearing a hearing aid. The Fleuri was so nice and quiet I loved it. My guest sat beside me (rather than across from me) and while she is soft spoken, I heard 80% of my conversation with her. The restaurant is upscale, the food and service were very good, and the waiter was attentive and responsive. I very much enjoyed my visit and look forward to coming again.Special Features:
- Food was delicious althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013Food was delicious although I miss seeing the tuna tataki on the menu. Brenda was our server and she went above and beyond - exceptional!Special Features:
- Very good. No complaints.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013Very good. No complaints. Just missing something, not sure what. Didn't "wow" us. Thanks to the Jazz Band for playing Happy Birthday to our mom.Special Features:
- We were there for their lobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/28/2013We were there for their lobster and steak special on Feb 28,2013. This is the second time we purchased the coupon from travelzoo, the first time was back to Nov 2012, last time was great and worth for the value, but this time they downgraded the food and it was too busy for them to keep up their standard. They might oversold their coupon and leads to bad customer feeling, we will not purchase any of their specials in the future anymore, and we also won't be there for any regular dinning.
- We went for the TravelzooAlyRVIPDined on 2/23/2013We went for the Travelzoo special 5 course lobster and steak dinner with chocolate buffet included. All in all, entrees were done with great quality and taste. Only issue was crepe station lineup in chocolate buffet was very long so not quite worth the wait but other dessert items were delicious!Special Features:
- Service was very slow. WewinesmellyehVIPDined on 2/17/2013Service was very slow. We were told there was a small group in the next room but the retaurant was not busy and the other server could have easily taken care of the restaurant while ours looked after the private function. The food was great, however, so it did make up for some of the evening.
- We enjoy the environment,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/10/2013We enjoy the environment, atmosphere, service and the food. Sutton Place is a perfect place to have lunch and dinner with our love ones. ThanksSpecial Features:
- 1)Foods maintain high qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/10/20131)Foods maintain high quality as usual 2)Servers dresses too casual and services just like general restaurants but not a 4 star hotel services.Special Features:
- We are a family of 4 celebratingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2013We are a family of 4 celebrating a birthday, the food and service was excellent, all staff was very friendly. The chocolate buffet was the best, it had lots of selection and the crepes were wonderful !!! :)Special Features:
- Service was good and the chocolateOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/1/2013Service was good and the chocolate buffet was great !Special Features:
- A wonderful night out!DOV2014Dined on 2/1/2013We had a nice romantic night out! Everything about The Fleuri just exceeded our expectations. The ambiance, service & food with chocolate buffet. We enjoyed the fact that by purchasing wine at the Sutton Place Wine Merchant, we didn't have to pay for the corkage fee at the restaurant - that was an added bonus plus we are wine club members (great benefits to being a member). Great time out and we'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- The food and presentationMariaBanffVIPDined on 1/29/2013The food and presentation was top notchand one of our group had the Dine Out menu which was fabulous tasting and outstanding for the price. We had very friendly service, but several mistakes and very slow service. That being said, we did receive a complimentary dessert and top up of wine for some inconvenience. The server was professional amidst the issues. There did not seem to be enough servers working or there was an event in the hotel perhaps?Special Features:
- A friend and I went for SundayTeddy12Dined on 1/27/2013A friend and I went for Sunday breakfast, we both had the monte cristo breakfast sandwich. Which was quite tasty and you certainly got your moneys worth as it also came with hash browns and 2 turkey sausages (which where delicious). Coffee and water to top it off. My only complaint was the waiter, he was a little slow at the start and we felt he was very rushed as he was also dealing with the ending of the continental brunch buffet. His service did improve though as the customers left. Before we left we did check out the brunch buffet which was going to be starting, at $42.00 a person, a little steep for us.Special Features:
- Positive dining experienceBrenDined on 1/26/2013We had a good experience with your Dine Out Vancouver menu. We also enjoyed the chocolate buffet for an extra $10/person.Special Features:
- 1st time at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/20131st time at this restaurant with dine out Vancouver. Absolutely excellent for the value, quality of food, service. Our server offered the option of chocolate buffet as our dessert (for an added price - well worth it). Servers were very attentive without being invasive. Will definitely be back - like to try the Sunday BrunchSpecial Features:
- We chose Fleuri as part ofOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/23/2013We chose Fleuri as part of the Vancouver Dine Out event and we were very glad we did. The food, service and atmosphere were all excellent. We thought the ambiance in the dining room was very warm and comfortable - we appreciated that the tables weren't tightly packed together. Our server was very helpful and attentive and met all of our needs quickly. We chose the wine tasting options and were very pleased with the wines we had.Special Features:
- We were staying in the hotelOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/22/2013We were staying in the hotel and thought the Dine Out menu looked good. It was n fact outstanding. We both had the sous vide beef dish, which was succulent, with excellent vegetables. The squash soop was delicious, and the dessert was memorably good and beautiful on the plate. The wine pairings were delicious and well priced. The entire meal was very reasonable for the quality. Oddly, the room was nearly empty, perhaps because it was a cold, rainy Tuesday night in January.Special Features:
- Impressed!sexycomboverDined on 1/20/2013The food here was impeccable for the value. I was pleasantly surprised at how well constructed each dish was in terms of both flavour and presentation. There was plenty of variety in terms of whether you preferred seafood or meat.The only complain I had overall was that there was no one in the front to seat you. You have to actively look for a server, make eyecontact and wait for them to walk over before you are seated. So more of a lounge experience in that aspect when it serves restaurant quality food.Overall, this would be a great place for date night or a nice celebratory dinner. I can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- Sunday Jazz brunch at Fleuri.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/20/2013Sunday Jazz brunch at Fleuri. Food was good, Jazz was entertaining, but our server Jeffrey was horrible. It's our second time getting upset with Jeffrey's service so we would not go back for breakfast/brunch again. Dinner at Fleuri is never disappointing though.Special Features:
- This made my girlfriends birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2013I took my g/f there for her birthday. When booking the table through OpenTable I made note of this and the restaurant provided a special birthday desert which thrilled my girl. It is good to know that they read the special notes section in these online reservations. Thank you Fleuri - The Sutton Place Hotel, you made my girlfriends birthday.Special Features:
- Food was bland though it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/18/2013Food was bland though it was presented well, Slow service,quality of dish did not match the stuffiness of the ambience, had food spilled on me by server, would not recommend
- The lobster salad, beef tenderloin,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/3/2013The lobster salad, beef tenderloin, and chocolate buffet were all excellent. The raspberry sorbet was particularly delicious especially after all the rich chocolate desserts. The lobster bisque, however, was watery and salty.Special Features:
- New Year's Dinner made less specialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/1/2013It was New Year's dinner and I chose it for the choco buffet but it wasn't offered not being a weekend :-(. We were the only diners so it was a little too quiet. We waited forty minutes for our starters and a half hour just for bread and butter. The starters were good when they came but typically French micro sized portions. It was another half hour for our entrees to arrive, again tiny portions and the peas on my plate were dry and wrinkled. The chef replaced them with a lovely plate of asparagus and other mized veg. We had desserts which were lovely and average in portion size. I was tempted to stop at the Japadog on the corner on the way out. I love this place for afternoon tea and the choco buffetSpecial Features:
- The room was very pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012The room was very pleasant with generous space for each table. Very fine musician at a grand piano that we all enjoyed. Overall the pacing of the dinner courses was slow, too slow for us. Even though the menu looked as if there would be more than we would choose it was at the end not sufficient. The portions were parsimonious with fussy presentations on oversized plates in our opinion. The service was inconsistent, hesitant but friendly to competent and courteous. Inquiries about the waiting for the next course we received pleasant apology each time. I could see that other guests were receiving the same sluggish service. We noticed that the waiters did not follow what we expect as common service protocol, elderly ladies then men.Special Features:
- FleuriFailsPanderingPantryPatronsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012The food on Christmas was nothing to write home about. Any ABC or Pantry serves the same items on any Sunday. Maybe not the limited seafood and Turkey, most items were pretty standard. For the $75 charge we expected something far better than pancakes, waffles, bacon and the standard issue mass produced eggs Benny, chicken bla bla bla. The Turkey was not that great and even the chocolate which Fleuri is famous for was dry. The coffee and OJ were great as well as the Champagne. The mouth organ was almost disturbing. Service was fantastic.Special Features:
- Very good selection and qualityCC47Dined on 12/25/2012Very good selection and quality of food for a Xmas brunch. Waitress was very attentive and kept coming back to refill our glasses of water and orange juice.