Fleming's Steakhouse - West Hartford
44 South Main Street
West Hartford, CT 06107Neighborhood:
Hartford / West Hartford
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - West Hartford
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/ct/west-hartford
- Phone: 8606769463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Memorial Road
- Public Transit: Easily Accessible to Farmington Ave/ South Main Street Stops on the 60, 62, 64, 66 Bus Lines
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: On Street Metered Parking- $1.00 an hour, 4 hour max after 5:00PM, Free after 10:00PM. Memorial, Isham & Town Center Parking Garage ($1.50 an hour)
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - West Hartford
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Fleming's Steakhouse - West Hartford - Best Restaurants in Hartford / West Hartford ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - West Hartford reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)notable wine list (36)romantic (31)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Flemings is a Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014Excellent food served in a wonderful environment and outstanding customer service!!Special Features:
- Consistently wonderfulBroshinskyDined on 8/24/2014Our second time at this location. Staff was attentive and catered to our every need. We ordered the prime rib which was soft and flavorful. My Fleming potatoes were delicious and not overpowering with jalepeno. Wedge salads were fresh and clean. For dessert the Carrot cake is NOT loaded with cream cheese frosting. The cream cheese frosting compliments the carrot cake without excess. Although a bit pricey, there are always specials to make any occasion special. I would have given 4.5 stars if I could.Special Features:
- Great Overall experienceSandraDDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I celebrated our 21st anniversary at Fleming's and had a wonderful evening. The staff knew it was our anniversary and presented us with a card and truffles for dessert which was very kind. The food was outstanding as always and the service was impeccable. Yes, it is pricey but you get what you pay for. For starters they give you a napkin color selection to ensure you do not get lint on your clothes, they think of everything. Steaks were perfectly cooked and of course we ordered Fleming's famous potatoes. Perfect night out.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceAldenteDined on 8/18/2014We enjoyed our prime rib dinner. It was a $30 special which included a salad, a side, and dessert. Alas, this Sun. and Mon. night special will end soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/11/2014We had a fabulous anniversary dinner here with our two kids. Our waiter Zachary was attentive, interested, and friendly, he did a superlative job. The food we all had was all fantastic! The carpaccio was probably the best I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but but bill surpriseCcallahanDined on 8/8/2014Had a great meal at Flemings. Everything we had was prepared well, served hot, and timely. I was however surprised when the bill came and found that the wine suggested to me by the waiter doubled the price of wines I was looking at and discussing with him as options. I was looking at bottles of wine prices between 60-90 dollars per bottle, the waiter suggested a bottle not on the list and told me it was comparable to what I was looking at on e list. I took his suggestion and the wine was good. However, when the bill came the bottle was $150. More than I waned to spend. It was my fault to not question the price when it was suggested but the waiter knew my price range and didn't offer up the cost either.Special Features:
- SuzanneVIPDined on 8/8/2014We went for a wine dinner last week and the food and service were outstanding and would certainly return soon!!Special Features:
- Best steak I ever hadKimZDined on 8/7/2014This was by far the best steak I have ever eaten. Flemings beats Ruths Chris and Morton's hands down. The service was fantastic. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Never disappointedCTPatrickDined on 8/3/2014Food is consistantly good with a great wait staff. The carrot cake is the best. I can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary Dinner!SteveDined on 8/2/2014Everything was awesome for our dinner, prompt service, awesome food in all respects and great ambiance. The only room for improvement would be to check in a little less (we felt interrupted frequently) and skip the chilled salad forks. In any event, we'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining ExperienceTracy44Dined on 8/2/2014Flemings is rather expensive but the service, food and ambience is worth it! The wine list has something for everyone - it's varied in selection and cost! The manager came over, addressed us by name, to make sure we were enjoying our experience. Class act! When our server presented our check he had his own business card. I thought this was a great touch, especially when this restaraunt does a lot of business lunches and dinners! The only downside is finding parking. Parking spaces are limited around the restaraunt and parking isn't free! I highly recommend Flemings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get Steak at a Steak HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014If you're in the mood for steak, come here. Steak cooked to perfection and great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our dining experience wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/28/2014We were celebrating my friends 60th birthday and everything wonderful.Special Features:
- Dependably fantasticJodi9600Dined on 7/25/2014Went to dinner after a wine tasting event. Wine tasting was fantastic and dinner was equally as good. Waiter made great recommendations. Would always recommend.Special Features:
- Platinum overall experience (POE)PLatinumDined on 7/22/2014From the time you arrive at Flemings your platinum experience begins with horses opening the front door for you and greeting you with a grand warm smile! When seated they let us know our waiter's name and he appeared shortly after. We received prompt and superior service and the food was outstanding! The total POE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fran1928Dined on 7/19/2014Noise level far far far too great. We wont go again. Also the child with us had her "French fries" completely burned. I know I should have ask for more but I didn't. Her meat was OK. My small beef plate was excellent, The noise level just ruined the whole evening.Special Features:
- AlanDined on 7/19/2014We were placed in a dark room in the back of the restaurant when plenty of space was available in the main dining area. I would not use this facility again if it could not be confirmed ahead of time that we would not be placed in this unpleasant area.
- Perfect Steak!phillykidsDined on 7/17/2014This was the best steak I've had since last time I was in Kansas City! Iron-crusted prep is the way to go. Heirloom tomato salad was soggy but the Caesar was great. Desserts were delightful - simple but good. Recommend the Chocolate lava cake. Specialty drinks were so-so but the wine list was good. Excellent coffee - hot, fresh, and very tasty! A bit dark inside for my liking and rather noisy but we had a wonderful meal and the service was excellent. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treated like RoyaltyConnecticutFoodieDined on 7/16/2014We had a part of 9 and enjoyed a fabulous meal with attentive service. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Overall great but Bad parkingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/14/2014Great food, ambience and service. Parking in West Hartford is a real negative. Standing in rain, trying to remember license number and read meter instruction set at belly button level is a real damper on an otherwise great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedstephanieDined on 7/7/2014I ordered the Justin Cab as it showed it was a 2010 on the Wine List. When it arrived it was a 2012 and NOT what I wanted. Server just said "oh, we change it up on the menu" I was incredibly disappointed as the food is always good and this really detracted from my experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the ribeyeFoodie3Dined on 7/6/2014Every so often Flemings does a ribeye special. Definitely get it. They also do other specials throughout allowing you to try different meals for different prices. Stay away from the cocktails. They are way too expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ordinary, Typical Steak ChainJonnieWalkerVIPDined on 7/4/2014Nothing special here. Just your typical dark, oak-paneled steak chain where everything on the menu seems drenched in butter, salt and whatever else they can add to give you a coronary. However, service was absolutely outstanding.
- Never DisappointsNewingtonFoodieVIPDined on 7/4/2014Tried and true, Flemings consistently provides great food and great wine coupled with excellent service. Atmosphere is perfect for that special evening or time with friends.Special Features:
- Not worth it.Mongo255Dined on 6/20/2014The look of the restaurant is very nice but it pretty much stops there. The food was average at best, we had the filet and salmon and the portions were a joke for the price. Our appetizer was bigger than our entree. The salmon was dry and the steak didn't taste anything like a filet should. We ordered sides and they looked like kid portions. The real disaster was that my wife and I were seated next to a group of drunks that were loud and obnoxious. Not really the atmosphere you want for a quiet dinner for two. This is not the place to go for a quiet dinner for two if you want quiet and good food. If you want the noisy bar crowd, don't care what your eating, and lost of disposable income, this is your place. I'm not going back.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2014Costs are too high and portions were a little small. Good for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice.MuttsDined on 6/1/2014Right from the friendly greeting at the door, to being seated immediately and introduced to our server Michael B. we were well looked after. Michael answered our questions and guided our choices in a very helpful manner. Our drinks and food were served quickly, hot and delicious. All five in our party were more than satisfied. The bonus of two boxes of truffles and a card signed by the staff topped off our birthday celebration (2 of us)with a surprise. We were also presented a gift card and will return soon to use them. One of my guests left a camera behind and there was a message on my phone when I returned home to let us know. Thanks to the staff for a delightful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationAllTheFoodThatsFitToEatDined on 5/31/2014My husband and I visited to celebrate a milestone birthday and the food was delicious. We shared the New Orleans BBQ shrimp and the Ahi tuna - the portions for appetizers were quite large and we could have shared 1. Steaks were perfect as were the sides. Nice touch to give us a box of truffles and a gift card to get is back in there! Thanks Flemings.Special Features:
- Overall winnerhappy2eatoutVIPDined on 5/30/2014From the appetizers to the dessert we were pleased and pampered!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waitressouchDined on 5/30/2014We had Jenna Angello. She get's 10 gold stars!!! She was awesome!Special Features:
- Zak provided great service.budgetconsciousDined on 5/30/2014Expensive but worth it for a special occasion.¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirdBirdDined on 5/30/2014The service was excellent, as well as the dessert and drinks. For the price of the meal, I have eaten better food cheaper. We had steak that was done correctly, however, not seasoned as anticipated (ask questions). The scallops (small plate) were delicious. There were four on my plate. We went for a romantic dinner - for some reason it was very noisy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014The steaks are well worth the price. Everything else, not so much.Special Features:
- Not the best.FairserviceVIPDined on 5/11/2014Went for mothers day. Very noisy at Fleming's. It's too dark for Sunday lunch and the music playing wasn't fitting for the time of day. There were three of us and we put in our orders for steak. My young daughter orders a filet Medium Well and my wife and I both order Medium. My steak was served beyond well done but less than burnt. My daughters steak was butterflied and served well done and dry. My wife's steak was served almost Rare. My wife sent it back to be cooked more and when they returned it was still rare. We sent it back the 2nd time and it was returned burnt. Not the best mothers day meal. The restaurant did remove my wife's steak from the bill which is nice but the it was still almost $300.00. Poor value for $$.
- More Help Needed!DisappointedDined on 5/10/2014The food was fantastic but not enough staff hired for a Saturday night. We sat waiting way too long after our dinner was finally cleared before our server checked with us about dessert because he was working other tables. There were graduations in town and I felt the restaurant did not staff accordingly. For a restaurant of this caliber I would not expect to be twiddling my thumbs waiting for my waiter to return. I felt that the room manager also ignored us. Very disappointed! At the prices charged I should be the service to be top notch and they fell WAY SHORT!
- Saturday, May 10thOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2014I was VERY disappointed with the service. This is certainly the first time that I as the host of a party of 3 felt that the "waitress" was just pushing as many expensive items as she could. She was a bit snarky and since one guest was a gentlemen, immediately that he was the host. Wrong assumption since I made the reservation and I am sorry the hostess did not inform her. I know it's her obligation to sell as much as possible, but it depends how it's done. Suggestion should be optional and if not taken shouldn't be a problem. My bill was large and I do know restaurants as I am from NYC and far from cheap. I don't like to be confrontational when entertains guests,but I should have been. Attitude is everything in life!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant GOantiquetravlerVIPDined on 5/7/2014We were there for my sons birthday they did everything and I mean everything to make him the star. Everything was fantastic and I wish I could give it 4.75. The need for improvement was two things. The cocktail sauce tasted like BBQ although the large shrimp were huge and delicious. The calamari were not crisp. It get than that EVERYTHING and I mean everything was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 299 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - West Hartford reviews archive.
- Great food; wildly overpricedandyDined on 5/2/2014Flemings is very attractive. The food was excellent. The service was fabulous. But the meal for four should have cost $50 a person, not $80. There is simply no excuse for a $50 12 oz steak. There is no excuse for a $16 glass of wine from a bottle that retails for $32. There is no excuse for a $12 side order of asparagus.
- Birthday dinnerFarrell5959Dined on 4/26/2014Open Table suggested Fleming's when I was picking a new place to dine for my birthday. Our server was extremely knowledgable and very available to anything we may need. Each course was delicious! My personal preference is to have alittle time in between courses, my husband doesn't care to wait as long but overall the timing worked out great. The birthday card and box of chocolates were a very thoughtful touch. I highly recommend Fleming Steakhouse for any occationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Spotcass32nDined on 4/25/2014We definitely appreciated the service we received while at Flemings. We had a great dinner and enjoyed some amazing truffles as well. Special thank you to Tony who took care of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.