Fleming's Steakhouse - West Hartford
44 South Main Street
West Hartford, CT 06107Neighborhood:
Hartford / West Hartford
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - West Hartford
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/ct/west-hartford
- Phone: 8606769463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Memorial Road
- Public Transit: Easily Accessible to Farmington Ave/ South Main Street Stops on the 60, 62, 64, 66 Bus Lines
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: On Street Metered Parking- $1.00 an hour, 4 hour max after 5:00PM, Free after 10:00PM. Memorial, Isham & Town Center Parking Garage ($1.50 an hour)
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - West Hartford
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Fleming's Steakhouse - West Hartford - Best Restaurants in Hartford / West Hartford ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - West Hartford reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)notable wine list (42)romantic (40)fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (12)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- On the fence ...caelplVIPDined on 10/24/2014Most everything was just good about Fleming's; I was surprised that it was not excellent. First, I could barely see the menu due to the rather dark lighting, the salads we chose were fine, our entrees were cooked perfectly (swordfish and filet), but the their signature potatoes were very greasy. And, desserts were the best course of all (creme brulee and chocolate/walnut something-or-other pie).Special Features:
- Amazing Service and AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Our waiter was fantastic. He was funny, provided excellent service and was very personable. The food was amazing the the atmosphere was second to none. I was taking my fiancee out for her birthday with some friends and we have a great time. Thank you.Special Features:
- Wonderful TimePNakano933Dined on 10/11/2014My wife and I celebrated my birthday recently at Flemings and had a marvelous time. Our server Chad was very attentive and explained the menu and specials expertly. Our steaks were first class and prepared to perfection. We also the the chocolate lava cake which was awesome and not to be missed. I received a nice birthday card, chocolates and a nice visit from the manager. A first class Restuarant with impeccable service that's not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Everything was outstanding from beginning to end. The service was great and the food was exceptional. Will definitely be back soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2014This was our first time dining at Fleming's Steakhouse and we absolutely LOVED it! We wanted to dine somewhere different to celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary. Upon arrival, our server asked us if we were celebrating anything special. We told him that it was our anniversary and he even gave us a little gift before we left. The food was divine and the service was fabulous. What more could you ask for?Special Features:
- Great for CelebrationSteveVIPDined on 9/28/2014I had put a message on my OpenTable app indicating that it was our first anniversary and that I wanted a romantic table. They not only gave us a nice table but everyone wished us a happy 1st anniversary who came in contact with us. They also had a card with everyone's signature, a box of Chocolate for my girlfriend, and a $25 gift certificate as well. It was wonderful and the food and service were perfect.Special Features:
- Absolutely ExcellentacretinDined on 9/26/2014We first tried Fleming's for my husband's birthday. Just incredibly high quality. We've been back multiple times and each time has been wonderful. The steaks are obviously amazing but the small plates are fabulous as well. Order the Fleming's potatoes....I'm still trying to replicate them at home!Special Features:
- Good food but not at that price!ToniVIPDined on 9/25/2014Food was decent, for the amount of money you'd spend for it, but nothing amazing. We're talking $50+ steaks (cooked to perfection certainly), but totalling $300 for two people, only including a couple of apps, sides and drinks. Service was very apathetic. No real interest in making personal recommendations. Not even any specials offered for the evening. Would NOT recommend, only because it's way too much money for lukewarm service and "okay" food.Special Features:
- Delicious!Tablefor2Dined on 9/25/2014Our waitress was very good at describing the Chef's specials and we were delighted with the mixed grill of shrimp, steak and lamb chops. We also chose the chef's special dessert...pumpkin cheesecake which was delicious. We had a great dining experience but this is definitely a special occasion restaurant as it was quite expensiveSpecial Features:
- TonniganDined on 9/21/2014We dine at the restaurant frequently. Food is always good, servers excellent, and decor is great. Parking continues to be problem and price is high for a West Hartford, CT restaurant. We can dine at a similar restaurant in NYC at prices equal to or lower than Flemings for a better overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall GoodvikingmanDined on 9/17/2014We go to Fleming's every year for our anniversary. This year was was pretty good, my only complaints being that they've raised their prices a bit, as well as having had some issues with getting bread that was cold on the inside, twice. The steaks were excellent, as usual, so at least they haven't lost their touch with that.Special Features:
- Amazing Food and ServiceSteakUrClaimDined on 9/13/2014We went to Flemmings for our two year anniversary the service was phenomenal and the food was the best we ever had! We ate every last fork full of everything we ordered because it was just too good to resist!! The service exceeded expectations and after the waitress found out it was our anniversary we even received a card and a gift. Would recommend this place over and over again especially for a romantic dinner. Thank You FlemmingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flemings is a Great RestaurantenjoyfinediningDined on 8/31/2014Excellent food served in a wonderful environment and outstanding customer service!!Special Features:
- not as good as Providence, RIMattVandervoortDined on 8/29/2014Was a little disappointed with the food. The taste of the steak was off and the portions seemed small compared to the meal we had last week in Providence, RI location. I sort of expect Providence to be better since it is conveniently located next to Ruth Chris and Capital Grille within walking distance, but a variation this drastic was not expected...this place needs to step it up.Special Features:
- Consistently wonderfulBroshinskyDined on 8/24/2014Our second time at this location. Staff was attentive and catered to our every need. We ordered the prime rib which was soft and flavorful. My Fleming potatoes were delicious and not overpowering with jalepeno. Wedge salads were fresh and clean. For dessert the Carrot cake is NOT loaded with cream cheese frosting. The cream cheese frosting compliments the carrot cake without excess. Although a bit pricey, there are always specials to make any occasion special. I would have given 4.5 stars if I could.Special Features:
- Great Overall experienceSandraDDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I celebrated our 21st anniversary at Fleming's and had a wonderful evening. The staff knew it was our anniversary and presented us with a card and truffles for dessert which was very kind. The food was outstanding as always and the service was impeccable. Yes, it is pricey but you get what you pay for. For starters they give you a napkin color selection to ensure you do not get lint on your clothes, they think of everything. Steaks were perfectly cooked and of course we ordered Fleming's famous potatoes. Perfect night out.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceAldenteDined on 8/18/2014We enjoyed our prime rib dinner. It was a $30 special which included a salad, a side, and dessert. Alas, this Sun. and Mon. night special will end soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/11/2014We had a fabulous anniversary dinner here with our two kids. Our waiter Zachary was attentive, interested, and friendly, he did a superlative job. The food we all had was all fantastic! The carpaccio was probably the best I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but but bill surpriseCcallahanDined on 8/8/2014Had a great meal at Flemings. Everything we had was prepared well, served hot, and timely. I was however surprised when the bill came and found that the wine suggested to me by the waiter doubled the price of wines I was looking at and discussing with him as options. I was looking at bottles of wine prices between 60-90 dollars per bottle, the waiter suggested a bottle not on the list and told me it was comparable to what I was looking at on e list. I took his suggestion and the wine was good. However, when the bill came the bottle was $150. More than I waned to spend. It was my fault to not question the price when it was suggested but the waiter knew my price range and didn't offer up the cost either.Special Features:
- SuzanneVIPDined on 8/8/2014We went for a wine dinner last week and the food and service were outstanding and would certainly return soon!!Special Features:
- Best steak I ever hadKimZDined on 8/7/2014This was by far the best steak I have ever eaten. Flemings beats Ruths Chris and Morton's hands down. The service was fantastic. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Never disappointedCTPatrickVIPDined on 8/3/2014Food is consistantly good with a great wait staff. The carrot cake is the best. I can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary Dinner!SteveDined on 8/2/2014Everything was awesome for our dinner, prompt service, awesome food in all respects and great ambiance. The only room for improvement would be to check in a little less (we felt interrupted frequently) and skip the chilled salad forks. In any event, we'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining ExperienceTracy44Dined on 8/2/2014Flemings is rather expensive but the service, food and ambience is worth it! The wine list has something for everyone - it's varied in selection and cost! The manager came over, addressed us by name, to make sure we were enjoying our experience. Class act! When our server presented our check he had his own business card. I thought this was a great touch, especially when this restaraunt does a lot of business lunches and dinners! The only downside is finding parking. Parking spaces are limited around the restaraunt and parking isn't free! I highly recommend Flemings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get Steak at a Steak HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014If you're in the mood for steak, come here. Steak cooked to perfection and great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our dining experience wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/28/2014We were celebrating my friends 60th birthday and everything wonderful.Special Features:
- Dependably fantasticJodi9600Dined on 7/25/2014Went to dinner after a wine tasting event. Wine tasting was fantastic and dinner was equally as good. Waiter made great recommendations. Would always recommend.Special Features:
- Platinum overall experience (POE)PLatinumDined on 7/22/2014From the time you arrive at Flemings your platinum experience begins with horses opening the front door for you and greeting you with a grand warm smile! When seated they let us know our waiter's name and he appeared shortly after. We received prompt and superior service and the food was outstanding! The total POE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fran1928Dined on 7/19/2014Noise level far far far too great. We wont go again. Also the child with us had her "French fries" completely burned. I know I should have ask for more but I didn't. Her meat was OK. My small beef plate was excellent, The noise level just ruined the whole evening.Special Features:
- AlanDined on 7/19/2014We were placed in a dark room in the back of the restaurant when plenty of space was available in the main dining area. I would not use this facility again if it could not be confirmed ahead of time that we would not be placed in this unpleasant area.
- Perfect Steak!phillykidsDined on 7/17/2014This was the best steak I've had since last time I was in Kansas City! Iron-crusted prep is the way to go. Heirloom tomato salad was soggy but the Caesar was great. Desserts were delightful - simple but good. Recommend the Chocolate lava cake. Specialty drinks were so-so but the wine list was good. Excellent coffee - hot, fresh, and very tasty! A bit dark inside for my liking and rather noisy but we had a wonderful meal and the service was excellent. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treated like RoyaltyConnecticutFoodieDined on 7/16/2014We had a part of 9 and enjoyed a fabulous meal with attentive service. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Overall great but Bad parkingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/14/2014Great food, ambience and service. Parking in West Hartford is a real negative. Standing in rain, trying to remember license number and read meter instruction set at belly button level is a real damper on an otherwise great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedstephanieDined on 7/7/2014I ordered the Justin Cab as it showed it was a 2010 on the Wine List. When it arrived it was a 2012 and NOT what I wanted. Server just said "oh, we change it up on the menu" I was incredibly disappointed as the food is always good and this really detracted from my experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the ribeyeFoodie3Dined on 7/6/2014Every so often Flemings does a ribeye special. Definitely get it. They also do other specials throughout allowing you to try different meals for different prices. Stay away from the cocktails. They are way too expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ordinary, Typical Steak ChainJonnieWalkerVIPDined on 7/4/2014Nothing special here. Just your typical dark, oak-paneled steak chain where everything on the menu seems drenched in butter, salt and whatever else they can add to give you a coronary. However, service was absolutely outstanding.
- Never DisappointsNewingtonFoodieVIPDined on 7/4/2014Tried and true, Flemings consistently provides great food and great wine coupled with excellent service. Atmosphere is perfect for that special evening or time with friends.Special Features:
- The following 312 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - West Hartford reviews archive.
- Not worth it.Mongo255Dined on 6/20/2014The look of the restaurant is very nice but it pretty much stops there. The food was average at best, we had the filet and salmon and the portions were a joke for the price. Our appetizer was bigger than our entree. The salmon was dry and the steak didn't taste anything like a filet should. We ordered sides and they looked like kid portions. The real disaster was that my wife and I were seated next to a group of drunks that were loud and obnoxious. Not really the atmosphere you want for a quiet dinner for two. This is not the place to go for a quiet dinner for two if you want quiet and good food. If you want the noisy bar crowd, don't care what your eating, and lost of disposable income, this is your place. I'm not going back.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2014Costs are too high and portions were a little small. Good for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice.MuttsDined on 6/1/2014Right from the friendly greeting at the door, to being seated immediately and introduced to our server Michael B. we were well looked after. Michael answered our questions and guided our choices in a very helpful manner. Our drinks and food were served quickly, hot and delicious. All five in our party were more than satisfied. The bonus of two boxes of truffles and a card signed by the staff topped off our birthday celebration (2 of us)with a surprise. We were also presented a gift card and will return soon to use them. One of my guests left a camera behind and there was a message on my phone when I returned home to let us know. Thanks to the staff for a delightful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.