Fleming's Steakhouse - Walnut Creek
1685 Mt. Diablo Boulevard
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Walnut Creek
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/ca/walnut-creek
- Phone: (925) 287-0297
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Walnut Creek
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Fleming's Steakhouse - Walnut Creek - Best Restaurants in Walnut Creek ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Walnut Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (105)notable wine list (68)romantic (60)fit for foodies (54)good for groups (35)neighborhood gem (21)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (11)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Fab as always1111111VIPDined on 11/23/2014Wine and food were all great. The Sunday Prime Rib meal is always a great deal and the current filet 3 course meal was also delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014Went to dinner with a group of five (5) and had an outstanding experience. The food was amazing as usual and our service was even better. Our server John was great and never skipped a beat. Will recommend to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence in Walnut CreekInayachtDined on 11/21/2014Beyond excellent and extraordinary. Ranked amongst my top 10 Bay Area restaurants, and we have been to many. Every time is outstanding, always superb. Oddly, being a fine steak house, they have the best Alaskan king crab of anywhere in the Bay Area. Try the onion rings. I know it may seem strange paying 10 bucks for onion rings, but get them, they are fantastic, sweet and breaded with something special. Service is top notch, food is wonderful, it's a lively place. I love this place !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experienceMaryKDined on 11/14/2014Our waiter seemed like he would prefer to be somewhere else. I asked him for his recommendation for a glass of wine given my price parameters, and he offered only two and they were above the price I stated. Not to sound oso critical, but Caesar was overly salted, the steak an unusual flavor, french fries were just meh. I can't recommend this place.Special Features:
- Superb ServiceServiceSuperbDined on 11/8/2014Overall dinner at Flemings Walnut Creek was a great experience. The meat was prepared exactly as ordered. The service was great. The staff was VERY attentive including the Manager who came over to our table to see if all was going well. It was a great meal and a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DatenightDined on 11/7/2014WHAT A FABULOUR DINNER! STEAKS COOKED TO PERFECTION! CESEAR SALAD WONDERFUL! WAITER RECOMMENDED WINES THAT WERNT OVER THE TOP PRICE WISE!~ HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT....NOT A CHEAP MEAL BUT WAY WORTH THE PRICE! WOULD GO BACK IN A HEARTBEAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovetoeatVIPDined on 11/5/2014Wonderful experience! Great service!!! Had one of the best times! Thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hotdogDined on 11/1/2014We didn't have any complaints about the food. Our biggest "bone to pick", so to speak, was with the lackluster service. Our waiter seemed totally indifferent to our presence, as if we were annoying him. The food was delicious but I am not sure I would ever go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencebaciDined on 10/28/2014We loved our waiter Michael, we loved the wine and atmosphere. The food was great except the lobster did not taste so well, but all else was great. Thanks for your great serviceSpecial Features:
- First time experienceadventuregirlDined on 10/26/2014Overall we were pleased with our dining experience. We went on a Sunday and both my husband and I had the prime rib special. The special is a good value as it comes with a salad, side and desert...otherwise I think the meals are a bit on the pricey side. The do have a great wine list and I had a wonderful wine flight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks cooked to perfectionNickname2VIPDined on 10/25/2014All 3 of us ordered the filets (two were Petits and one au poivre). They were cooked to perfection and tasted yummy. Loved the creamed spinach Nd Fleming's potatoes. Everything was perfect though we had a little trouble hearing each other across the table and had to repeat things often because of the noise level. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BubbaBobDined on 10/25/2014The reviews I read before I went there were pretty much right on. The is a great place to eat - just save your money before you go as it is a bit expensive ($10.50 for a potato). The food was very good as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for couples and large groupsChrisDined on 10/24/2014The service was great and pretty fast. The food was great overall but the swordfish was under seasoned. Everything else was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/24/2014Is off the hook! Near impossible to have a conversation. Also wait person was mot attentive. The lighting could be a little better for reading the menu. Food is very good and for those prices attention to detail is important. Noise level will keep us away.Special Features:
- Very disappointedluv2travelDined on 10/19/2014We went on Sunday night for a special occasion. We ordered the prime rib special. Very disappointing. Extremely thin cut of meat with lots of fat thus very little edible prime rib. The service was mediocre at best. Two of us received our salads and after waiting quite awhile asked our server about the third salad. Probably will not be going back.
- 8 Year Old Finishes NY StripPassSetCrushDined on 10/19/2014We decided to dine at Fleming's Steakhouse with our kids (12 & 8 years old), and the experience was great! We started off with the calimari - finished off in 5 minutes (the kids ate most of it). Then we ordered our entrees: my 12 year old ordered the scallops which; my 8 year old ordered a NY Strip; my wife ordered the filet mignon; and I ordered the special (a filet topped with king crab legs over a bed of asparagus - surf and turf!!). All of the food was cooked to perfection - and then finished. We finished the night with a chocolate lava cake and vanilla ice cream (2 scoops)... oh, and 4 spoons. I was able to get a bite for myself before the kids ate the rest. Yeah, better order 2 next time. My 8 year old is planning our return... soon.Special Features:
- Another great dinner!ChooverDined on 10/17/2014Really enjoyed Flemings- second visit and we'll be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Impressedrhodes2julesDined on 10/12/2014The thing that sticks out the most to me, is my mother is in a wheel chair, with dementia and parkinsons, I started to cut up my mother's food so she could eat and the server came right over and said let me take that, the kitchen will cut that up for you, they also came over and did the same with her steak and lobster. In all of my years of dining I have never seen such compassion from a server. At the end of our meal ( we were celebrating my father and husband's birthday) they gave the birthday boys each a box of truffles along with a gift card to come back. They now have a customer for life, I was very impressed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special BirthdaysHappyMomDined on 10/11/2014The food was excellent. The service was outstanding. My family and I went to Fleming's to celebrate my son's 21st birthday. Fleming's made it very special for him. Our waiter took the time to explain to my son how the wine list worked and recommended a nice red wine for him to try. He also explained the menu. Also, the managers came by to wish him a happy 21st birthday. Thanks for making him my son feel special. The chocolates were a nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great anniversaryKsnarfDined on 10/8/2014The staff treated us extremely well and gifted us with truffles, a signed card and a photo that was taken earlier in the evening by the staff. Food was wonderful, steak well cooked and of wonderful quality. Wine list is well flushed out with a few notables. Service was wonderful. Our server was Daniel and he took care of us at every step of the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExplorerexplorerVIPDined on 10/4/2014This was the first time my husband and I had eaten here but it definitely won't be the last. We were impressed the minute we walked into the restaurant with the dim lighting and the friendly service which continued throughout the night. The prices are a bit high but the food was unique - I ended up having a chicken dish and my husband had a steak with mushrooms - but they were well worth it. The salads, main dishes, and the dessert were all excellent. We will be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful place to dine and relax.MellonkatDined on 9/30/2014Food is great! Service is wonderful. Great deals on food.Special Features:
- Great Food, Horrible Servicefood4meDined on 9/28/2014I love Fleming's and have been to both the Walnut Creek and Palo Alto locations on more than one occasion, the food is always amazing and usually the service is outstanding! It is the first place that comes to mind when celebrating a special occasion. However, on our last visit this past Sunday, we had a horrible experience with our server Jeff, who basically neglected our table the entire night. This is a first, since service is always great, but we were with friends that had never eaten at the restaurant and the experience with Jeff will probably not bring them back for while even though they thought the food outstanding :( However, I would highly recommend this restaurant, just not this server!Special Features:
- Great Steaks at Flemings WCGFOODVIPDined on 9/28/2014Fleming's WC is excellent. It's a busy restaurant attached to the mall. Parking even on a Sunday evening at 6:00 is tough, but they have their own valet section for $7, which makes an easy $3 tip likely (instead of breaking a $10). Considering the tier one prices at Fleming's, what's $10 bucks? But it's great food, steaks, and wine. Lobster macaroni, crab cakes, great NY Strip, grilled mushrooms and Ahi Tuna....great food for steak lovers. But how about some fresh oysters, Fleming's! O.K., for a chain restaurant, fresh oysters might be too difficult. And we forgive you for that. Overall it's a fine meal. But that Gorgonzola cheese butter spread for the bread has to go. That's not tasty or as the kids of today say, that's gnarly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Choice for birthday dinnerDonnavDined on 9/28/2014We had visited Flemings some time ago with friends and had a good experience. When asked where I wanted my birthday dinner I remembered Flemings and asked to go there. Our table was ready when we arrived, service was very attentive, food was outstanding and the unexpected birthday treats were a big surprise.Special Features:
- For Special OccasionsGigiR2Dined on 9/22/2014The food and service are outstanding, but the price reflects that. Definitely a special occasion place for us.Special Features:
- Anniversary Celebration@Fleming'sPattyBDined on 9/19/2014The food was good, the service was excellent. I had the dry-aged New York steak, it was OK, not great, but not totally gross. The asparagus had a little too much sage on it for my taste. My husband had filet mignon and lobster (the special of the evening). He said it was very good. He tried the Fleming's potatoes and said they were OK, not great. But they were so nice to us. It was our anniversary and they gave us a $25 gift card and a box of truffles at the end of the evening. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak and lobsterTsssteveVIPDined on 9/19/2014went for the steak and lobster special, great deal and the service was good, would go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday mealdnimuraDined on 9/14/2014Fleming's is one of our favorite restaurants for celebrating birthdays. My teenager especially likes the peppercorn steak and the chocolate lava cake. We eat here at least twice a year for special occasions and we're never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing-food and servicesbayursbitesVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had a few issues with wine (out and an old bottle) and host, but the evening was great--good aged steak and a server that was really good. Sean made our night, attentive and conversational-discrete when necessary. We'll go back.
- Food good-noise level badOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014The steak at this restaurant was mouth watering delicious! The atmosphere was dark and the noise level was very loud. Would not recommend if you want a quiet evening out with your significant other.Special Features:
- Waiter very attentiveJCR1Dined on 9/6/2014We were celebrting a birthday and the waiter and manager made us so comfortable. We orfered the lobster/filet special and it was absolutely delicious. We will all definitely go again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewlovesfoodDined on 9/5/2014we had the surf and turf. the filet steak was very good but the lobster was really salty. however the restaurant was cold. brrrrrrrrrrrrr.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionssuzywooDined on 9/4/2014I was super impressed from the moment we checked in when our hostess wished us Happy Anniversary to the waitstaff and our waitress. The food was delicious and well presented. My sister called in ahead of time and bought us a bottle of champagne as a surprise and it was! As we arrived at our table it was already chilling and two glasses were waiting for us. The meal came out at a good pace and the some time in the middle of the meal the hostess came by to take a picture of us which was later presented to us in a frame with a box of truffles. It was the little things like that in which truly made it a memorable evening and worth the $$$ spent.Special Features:
- Warmly greeted, Under seasonedAhueckelDined on 9/1/2014Ambiance is lovely. Service was very good. Food was good, although a bit under seasoned. The scallops and swordfish were a highlight. The filet, although perfectly cooked, desperately needed S&P. The Flemings potato au gratin promised a little jalapeno, but we found no zing. I did not mention this to my server although they did ask if everything was OK. Everything was OK, but not outstanding.Special Features:
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/1/2014We go here for special occasions. The service is always impeccable and the floor managers and waiters are constantly checking in without being annoying. The food is spectacular and we always enjoy coming here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedCarnivoreVIPDined on 8/25/2014This restaurant is a hidden gem. Tucked aware on the second floor of a parking garage, one wouldn't know that this restaurant existed. My husband and I were joined by our dear friends as we all celebrated our respective wedding anniversaries of 31 and 36 years of marital bliss. The prime rib special was a true value and prepared perfectly. Loved salads, sides (particulaly the Fleming's potatoes) and variety of desserts. What a wonderful way to celebrate three core values: eternal love, true friendships, and great food. Our thanks to the Fleming's staff for preparing an outstanding meal and capturing our evening with a group photo.Special Features:
- Very good dinnerregularJaneVIPDined on 8/25/2014The overall dinner was very good. The main problem with this location is the noise level. It's got high ceilings and the kitchen is open, so between the kitchen and staff noise the voices get loader as the night goes and and when folks drink they get even loader to be heard over the kitchen noise. I think if they put up a glass wal so they 'look' would not change, but re-route the wait staff, it would be more pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would have been excellent, but...ThatGuyDined on 8/24/20141. No baby changers, my wife had to change our baby's diaper on the ladies room floor. 2. Baby started getting fussy so I cancelled my prime rib before they made it. The server asked me if I wanted to take it home, but I declined. I told him it wouldn't be the same. While I was outside entertaining the baby, the server talks my wife into boxing up the entree that I had cancelled. I did eat it when I got home and it was good, but I didn't enjoy it knowing that I paid full price for a reheated sub standard entree. That's one way to increase the server's check average. 3. The $14 kid's steak that my son had a few bites of never got boxed up as asked. Overall, we had an enjoyable experience, but for the $$, it should've been flawlessSpecial Features:
- Quickly becoming a favoriteMichael64VIPDined on 8/24/2014Flemings is becoming my "go to" place for dining with friends. There is something for everyone on the menu, a great wine list, a memorable desserts. The service level had even picked up over time. We were celebrating two birthdays which I noted in the reservation comments. The hostess saw it and mentioned it along with our server doing the same. Not all places read or acknowledge the notes in the reservation so it is great when this happens.Special Features: