Fleming's Steakhouse - Walnut Creek
1685 Mt. Diablo Boulevard
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Walnut Creek
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/ca/walnut-creek
- Phone: 9252870297
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Walnut Creek
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Fleming's Steakhouse - Walnut Creek - Best Restaurants in Walnut Creek ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Walnut Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)romantic (44)notable wine list (43)good for groups (34)fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (18)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (9)great for brunch (7)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Pleasantly surprisedCarnivoreVIPDined on 8/25/2014This restaurant is a hidden gem. Tucked aware on the second floor of a parking garage, one wouldn't know that this restaurant existed. My husband and I were joined by our dear friends as we all celebrated our respective wedding anniversaries of 31 and 36 years of marital bliss. The prime rib special was a true value and prepared perfectly. Loved salads, sides (particulaly the Fleming's potatoes) and variety of desserts. What a wonderful way to celebrate three core values: eternal love, true friendships, and great food. Our thanks to the Fleming's staff for preparing an outstanding meal and capturing our evening with a group photo.Special Features:
- Quickly becoming a favoriteMichael64VIPDined on 8/24/2014Flemings is becoming my "go to" place for dining with friends. There is something for everyone on the menu, a great wine list, a memorable desserts. The service level had even picked up over time. We were celebrating two birthdays which I noted in the reservation comments. The hostess saw it and mentioned it along with our server doing the same. Not all places read or acknowledge the notes in the reservation so it is great when this happens.Special Features:
- Wonderful & delicious!ChooverDined on 8/22/2014Awesome dinner & service, we both really enjoyed!!!! Impressive wine list too, can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieEnthusiast22VIPDined on 8/22/2014Once again another experience of great food, wine, and service. The diablo shrimp topper is my favorite add on with my steak and the Flemings potatoes are a must have.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014The waiter was totally confused. The Cesar salad was not good at all. It was way too pricey for the quality and service.
- Prime RibCoachVIPDined on 8/18/2014Sunday/Monday special was outstanding. Morse Code wine outstanding world wide blend and service was outstanding. appreciate the Monday Prime Rib special and the desserts were added extraSpecial Features:
- PerfectJDH17Dined on 8/15/2014Went here for a nice dinner out and everything was perfect! We were choosing between two of their seemingly endless wine selections and asked Sean, our waiter. He not only knew exactly which ones we were talking about, but their types, and how well each would pair with both of our meals. We were very impressed. Pricey, but I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Wine list issuesLindodaDined on 8/9/2014Flemings is noted for their 100 bottle wine list. The first 3 bottles we picked were unavailable. The next 2 bottles were of a different vintage from what was listed. Thanks to our server, Sean, he persevered until we came up with a wine that we could agree on. Cost of meals were very high. Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak and wineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The cuts of steak are cooked to your perfection and the wine selection is superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous SteakhouseDatenightDined on 8/8/2014It you want a fabulous steak, choose Flemmings! Steaks , I had a New York and my husband had a filet, was cooked to perfection. Pleanty of sides to share, we enjoy the Flemmings potatoes and the asparagus. Our bbq shrimp appitizer was great too, salad needed more dressing but that is common now in most restaurants. The dessert was unbelieveable, the Lava Cake.....out of the world! Generous helping, enough to take home for another meal. Not an inexpensive restaurant but worth every dime!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around bad experienceAllanNVIPDined on 8/7/2014The place is dark but loud. The food was mediocre at best. The server not friendly or helpful.
- Another wonderful mealddmontyDined on 8/4/2014Can not say enough about this restaurant, awesome food and service!Special Features:
- Engagement CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014We couldn't have been more pleased than to celebrate our engagement at Fleming's Steakhouse. The staff was wonderful, our waiter very affable and efficient, and the managers on duty made it a priority to welcome us to the restaurant. We will definitely be returning to dine in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd Visit Was As Good as the FirstDaraDimplesDined on 6/30/2014Our server was above excellent, as always. The food was amazing and the atmosphere was perfect for celebrating my retirement.Special Features:
- check out Sun Nt Prime Rib Special!Fannie3249Dined on 6/22/2014excellent meals & excellent service! Perfect! even the Colby red/blend wine was a great choice for reasonable price!! romantic & fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ToniBVIPDined on 6/20/2014I have lowered my expectations for this place. The staff and waitress were really nice, but the menu pricing is not great at all. The food was ok, but not for the price. Fleming's is definitely overrated.
- Father's Day Grilling at its BestschwshejDined on 6/15/2014Our waiter was Shawn (sp) and he did an awesome job of ensuring that our order was correct and that Fathers' Day was to be celebrated. The restaurant did run out of the lobster bisque and the Chantilly cream but it was still a good experienceSpecial Features:
- Good, but not for milk allergyb4theatreDined on 6/15/2014The food was undoubtedly well prepared but - be forewarned - if you're allergic to milk, there will be precious little for you to eat. They try to accommodate, but it's inherent in just about every recipe from the only bread (with parmesan baked on) to nearly every dish slathered with butter and/or cheese. And there's no margarine available for plain baked potato. That aside we appreciated the attentive service (almost too much) and food cooked to perfect done-ness.
- Best Steaks in the AreaCindyDined on 6/15/2014I've been to R. Chris, Forbes and feel this is the best of the bunch. The steaks were perfectly cooked, tender and tasty with wonderful sides to accompany. Great bar as well with excellent happy hour specials. Would recommend for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ladaDined on 6/15/2014Outstanding as usual! Never disappointed. We will be back soon!Special Features:
- Memorable Anniversary DinnerRickyLucyDined on 6/9/2014We were looking for somewhere special to celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary. I noticed Flemings on the Open Table website. Once I clicked on their menu, and read reviews I knew I found the perfect spot! I wanted lobster with drawn butter and my husband's favorite choice is steak....perfect they were both on the menu...and my two favorite desserts are crème brulee and cheesecake. It was dark and romantic !! The food was top notch, the service top notch....everything I look for in a restaurant.....FOOD, AMBIANCE AND SERVICE !!!! They also did some very rare and surprising special extras for us....the waitress & manager congratulated us, presented us with a box of truffles and a gold card w/discount to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Steak House AtmosphereBaltimoreVIPDined on 6/7/2014Great service, delicious steaks and romantic atmosphere make Flemings a great choice for dinner. The creamed spinach is scrumptious. Wedge salad perfect. Can't go wrong with any cut of meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/31/2014We went for my sisters 4oth birthday. It was pricey, but overall great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but expensive.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/29/2014Steaks and sides are awesome. A bit overpriced. Wines were extremely overpricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerGordonVIPDined on 5/25/2014Great time with family for my Daughter-in-law's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wrong order Long wait. No apologiesMmmsteakumsVIPDined on 5/24/2014As the title says, we ordered. Waited a long time. And got the wrong order. As part of a birthday party, I just accepted the steak which was the wrong cut and done-ness. Didn't really get an apology or did it seem anyone cared.
- Second time confirms first opinionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/20/2014While this restaurant is highly rated, it is really just highly priced. Losts of upselling by staff. Cutomers are not told that everything is ala cart. Staff just asks "soup or salad with that" withou saying would you like to "add" a soup or salad that costs $10 -12. This continues throughout the meal. Food is good, but way overpriced. There are far better options for just as good a meal or better for a far more fair price.Special Features:
- Great SteakOaklandMikeDined on 5/19/2014Wonderful experience. Service couldn't be better. Pricey but worth it! Be sure to try their tomahawk ribeye for 2!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThumbsUp for Fleming'skiltforfunDined on 5/18/2014Every thing about our evening at Flemings was fantasitc Food was excellent Service prompt efficient yet not rushedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingly Wonderful ExperienceDaraDimplesDined on 5/14/2014Our dinner was one of the best meals we have ever had and our server, Sean! Was a gem. Our experience was just what we hoped it would be for our 48th anniversary. The steak was so extremely tender and the rest of the meal was flawlessly prepared, too. The wine recommended by Sean was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Choice for Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/11/2014Took mom here for mother's day brunch. Brunch menu was nice but limited (no steak or fish, only prime rib); we ordered off the regular menu. Service and food and wine list were good; steaks very tender and had good flavor. Restaurant was very loud when we arrived (1:30pm), but sound level came down as the tables turned. Then you heard the ambient music, wished they could have played instrumental jazz instead of top 40s vocals. I would come back for a non-holiday dinner.Special Features:
- Mothers DayTahoetravellerVIPDined on 5/11/2014We love Flemings for Easter, Mothers & Father's Day Brunches. Elegant, superior service, in a lovely setting. Dinners are also fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2014Over priced and noisy. food wasn't special. Had better elsewhere for cheaper. Drinks way too expensiveSpecial Features:
- Fleming's SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/7/2014Food is always great and service is typically very good. This night was an off night because table service was very slow and they even forgot to bring out our salads. I probably won't go back to this location....how do you forget to bring out the salads? There also was a weak response to the error and never saw the manager, which is standard operating procedure. Disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 494 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Walnut Creek reviews archive.
- cachinkHaroldVIPDined on 5/2/2014Other Flemmings are finer ~ lScottsdael Az Flemmings is exceptional] but this Walnut creek Flemmings is the most expensive ever! 4 medium shrimps called "jumbo"on the menu are almost 20 dollars? steaks in the 50 $ range are a la carte ,, Harris restaurant in San Francisco is a measure stick for steak houses ...and at Harris one gets a potato &vegetable and fixings.. ..Flemmings wants 10$ for a baked potato....Flemmings steaks are tasty but not worth this highest price.Special Features:
- Great FoodJulieVIPDined on 4/30/2014My husband and I went here for our 20 year wedding anniversary. The food was fabulous! We had the shrimp cocktail and I've never seen shrimp so big! They were delicious. The clam Chowder was fabulous, too. We shared the large filet mignon and we were in heaven. It was perfectly cooked and so good! The service was great, as was the wine, cheesecake dessert, and yummy chocolate truffles. The ONLY thing we didn't like was how dark it is in the restaurant. I know some people love that atmosphere, but for me it was too dark and a strain on my eyes. Nonetheless, we will be back!Special Features:
- Family restaurantSammyDined on 4/28/2014Our family have used F every other months because of a great food, wine and friendly service like homeSpecial Features:
- AmazingSteelerchickDined on 4/27/2014It was our first time and it was amazing. The waiter was always checking on us. I will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2014Best Steak ever!!! Will definetely go again and again.Special Features:
- quality at a costrocyksimoVIPDined on 4/25/2014We're Fleming faithfuls, and appreciate the consistent quality service and food. And, while we understand beef has gone up, we were a bit taken aback by the new prices. This won't stop us from visiting in the future, butmay affect how often...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.