Fleming's Steakhouse - Walnut Creek
1685 Mt. Diablo Boulevard
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Walnut Creek
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/ca/walnut-creek
- Phone: (925) 287-0297
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Walnut Creek
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Fleming's Steakhouse - Walnut Creek - Best Restaurants in Walnut Creek ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Walnut Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (98)notable wine list (59)romantic (56)fit for foodies (48)good for groups (32)neighborhood gem (20)vibrant bar scene (19)hot spot (11)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- We were there for a businessOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2010We were there for a business meeting and the waiter kept his appearances at the table to a minimum. We were able to conduct business and eat, which was great.Special Features:
- We were very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/13/2010We were very disappointed after eating here last week. The special of the evening was quoted to us over the phone as $38 and when we asked our waiter, he said it was $45. His reply was just that it must have been a "miscommunication", with no apology. When he took our order, he asked us about our water preference, and we answered. Then he asked us again a minute later! There was about a 20 minute wait after ordering before we received our salad course (again,with no apology). The food was average tasting and overpriced. We will stick with Ruth's Chris (whose service and food are exceptional) and skip the similarly priced Flemings. Note: We were trying it out to decide on a rehearsal dinner (for 30) here next year..No way!
- Great food: I had the LambKnJfromTracyDined on 10/8/2010Great food: I had the Lamb Chops, my wife had the Filet. Creb Cakes for App was the best we've ever had. Dessert and coffee awesome.Special Features:
- This expensive restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/2/2010This expensive restaurant is good if you want an unadorned slab of meat.Special Features:
- As usual, the Open Table reservatioOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/1/2010As usual, the Open Table reservations system was easy,quick and very efficient. When we got to the host I heard a person in front of me request a table for two. This was at 6:40 PM. The host politely explained they were full past 9. I was very happy to belong to Open Table and have their services available for another easy dining experience. The restaurant, service, food and ambiance were all spectacular and made for a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- It was later on a Sunday nightsmbrowneVIPDined on 9/26/2010It was later on a Sunday night (8pm), everything was good, just our server was busy doing cleanup and other things as he tended to disappear. I think normally I would have to give this restaurant five stars, just not this time.
- Excellent but VERY priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 9/23/2010Excellent but VERY pricey steaks (and seafood, though I would probably go elsewhere for seafood -- particularly at these prices). The restaurant has an excellent energy and the food is consistently very good to better. The prices really are high -- even allowing for the high cost of prime beef. That said, for special occasions, it's an excellent choice in Walnut Creek.Special Features:
- I dined at 9pm. Alone. I stillJajajediDined on 9/17/2010I dined at 9pm. Alone. I still got great service and the Summer Prix Fixe meal was delish.Special Features:
- Every three months, two ofOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/17/2010Every three months, two of my long-time friends and I dine at a "fine restaurant," and thought that Fleming's was one of those. I was totally unimpressed with the food (except for the salad which was quite wonderful) but the meal certainly was not worth $53 (with no alcohol). The entree was not good at all and the key lime pie was retched. The only really GOOD thing about this experience was our wait person. He was really on his job. One can be absolutely sure that we will not dine at Fleming's again. It is also an outrage (I believe) to charge for valet parking when other Walnut Creek restaurants don't and when parking is readily available with a very short walk to the restaurant.
- Fabulous and worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/11/2010The food was awesome, our steaks were fabulous, and everything was wonderful. Well worth a very expensive meal.Special Features:
- Good food & service. I wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/10/2010Good food & service. I was there about a week ago on a Tuesday night & we were seated in a booth in the main dining room which I had requested & we ordered off the 5 for 6 till 7 menu. We had a great time & I went back on 9/10/10 with 2 friends from Roosmoor & were seated in the main dining room and asked for the 5/6/7 menu while being seated in a booth. We were told we could not order off the 5/6/7 menu..but the menu said it was available every day. The waitress finally had to go to a manager & it was ok'd. I had sen that the bar was fairly full & no booths were available. What do I do in the future and the amount of food & the value is what I like?Special Features:
- Great food, prices comparableBebeDined on 9/6/2010Great food, prices comparable to other steakhouses in the area, a little too noisy from the barSpecial Features:
- Too dark. It seemed as thoughOrisokDined on 8/31/2010Too dark. It seemed as though they had things they would rather not be seen.Special Features:
- Although a bit pricey, theajtrincDined on 8/28/2010Although a bit pricey, the steaks make it a worth while splurge.Special Features:
- My wife and I tried FlemingsVacationDonVIPDined on 8/28/2010My wife and I tried Flemings for the first time for our wedding anniversary as we had heard good things about it. Overall, it was a very good choice. The food was very good. Everything is ala carte, however, the salad and sides (including the baked potato) were very large and could be shared so it wasn't too outrageous. The service was excellent. I noted it was our anniversary on the OpenTable reservation. Our waitress acknowledged it first thing, gave us a box of truffles to take home, and they gave us a discount on our bill for the special occassion. For a high price steak house, however, I thought the noise level was pretty high as there were few booths and the tables were pretty close together.Special Features:
- Great service from Marcela.edenmedDined on 8/28/2010Great service from Marcela. Food was excellent and tasty. Service well paced. No longer had the wine I wanted (on menu but told wine choices were changing). Fleming's salad was yummy and light. Could have eaten 2. I tried Fleming's Classic Porcini rubbed filet mignon with peppercorn sauce (on the side). Good thing as I found the sauce overpowered the taste of the filet. Will just order the filet alone next visit. Had the Creme Brulee for dessert but found it overly sweet. Wish they had some other cake option besides the chocolate lava cake. Marcela fixed a check error without hassle. Would definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- For the prices they are chargingMaryjaneDined on 8/27/2010For the prices they are charging the service and the food should of been a lot better! Ruth Chris does a much better job! The menu was very poorly laid out. You were given 3 menus two of which had the food hidden in the back of the wine and the third extra wine list, plus one on the table with the dessert wines and dessert listing..not very classie at all. The drink price was higher than San Francisco and we were not in NY. The steak was suppost to have a least butter on it and it did not. The half and half side dish..had limp and burnt shoe string potatoes and the onion rings look like they did not want to take the time to cut the onion..3 inch rounds. had to cut with a fork and knife. All in all Outback would of been better!
- Quantities were plentifulOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2010Quantities were plentiful but it annoys me to just get a piece of meat on a plate!Special Features:
- Flemings has always been arbixbygDined on 8/22/2010Flemings has always been a favorite and this meal did NOT disappoint. The steaks were great, the service was spot on, and the owner came bye our table a chatted.Special Features:
- When we first arrived, theLeslieVIPDined on 8/21/2010When we first arrived, the hostess asked that we wait a moment. Then she asked for my reservation name. She looked on her computer and then started doing other things. I finally had to ask for an acknowledgement that she had our reservation. That is unacceptable. Everything else was good. My husband's and daughter's steaks weren't cooked as asked (arrived rare instead of medium), but they fixed it, and gave them free desserts. Our server was great. Thanks, Leslie Yewell (7:15 pm reservations on Sat 8/21/10)
- Food was good. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2010Food was good. Service was excellent. Ambiance was very nice. Overall had a nice experience.Special Features:
- Service was excellent. SteaksRichDined on 8/13/2010Service was excellent. Steaks were ok. Mashed potatoes were served cold, had to be sent back. Manager was nice and gave us free desserts.
- My prime rib was good (whatJimJudyVIPDined on 8/8/2010My prime rib was good (what can one do with prime rib?) and the wellington was very good. And the spinach was excellent! Free corkage was the reason we decided to try Fleming's, but they only had burgundy glassware. We had brought a high end cab, so some of the flavor was lost. The partner was extremely pleasant and visited us mentioning that next time we could bring our own glassware and they would be more than happy to polish it for us to drink. We just might!
- Filet mignon was tender butOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/7/2010Filet mignon was tender but for $39.95, there is only the piece of beef on the plate - nothing else...not even a garnish. All extras are $9. It shouldn't be that way.
- The dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/7/2010The dining experience was not great. After a long wait the food came to our table warm but definitely not hot. I am used to steaks coming sizzling to our table and this steak was just warm.
- I wasn't blown away by myOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/31/2010I wasn't blown away by my steak dinner nor was my dining companion. This is probably a good place for a lunch group, but othrwise I find this to be a rather boring steak house that's overpriced and does not have high quality meats. Server didn't seem to be attentive, didn't know menu, was simply going about serving food, with no explation. Such a shame, as it has such a nice steakhouse quality. My steak dinners at home are of far better quality.Special Features:
- Good food, generous portion,friendlOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2010Good food, generous portion,friendly atmosphere, yet with a touch of class. I would go back anytime.Special Features:
- If you go to Fleming's forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/29/2010If you go to Fleming's for a romantic celebration dinner, you won't be disappointed. Ask for Jessica, she was an amazing server.Special Features:
- We thought the food was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/28/2010We thought the food was very good and the portions were generous. We filled up on appetizers so by the time our meat came, we were all a bit full to really enjoy it. A great evening out.
- We go to Fleming's often.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2010We go to Fleming's often. The Happy Hour is fun and the menu is wonderful. We usually go to dinner on Sunday night. We love the Prime Rib and they usually have a special during the summer which includes several courses. The service is usually good and the manager always stops by the table to find out how it is. Just make sure if you are bringing your own bottle of wine that you are prepared for a high corkage fee. You might even call to see what the charge is. We were really surprised as it was the most that we have ever paid anywhere!Special Features:
- Obviously, we made a reservationmtdinersVIPDined on 7/24/2010Obviously, we made a reservation first on OpenTable. From the minute we stepped in the door we were excited to be there. The ambiance is perfect. We arrived at the time of our reservation, but wanted to enjoy a cocktail at the bar before dinner. The hostess was very polite and accomidating. She escorted us to the bar and let us know that when WE were ready she would seat us at our table. Dinner was fantastic and our waitress, Rachel, was awesome. Since we had never been there before, we were not sure what to order. She was knowledgalbe of the menu which made it easier for decide on food and wine. It is a bit pricey for regular everyday dining. But we will definately be dining there again!
- THE Place for a Great Steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/23/2010Fleming's is a steak-lover's heaven with some of the best steaks I have ever eaten. I usually go with the filet mignon and their sides are outstanding as well. Although it is on the pricey side, you truly get what you pay for and will leave satisfied. I have been to Fleming's in Walnut Creek, San Diego and La Jolla and have always LOVED their food. It's definitely a great place to take a date for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Excellent steak. Server wasGTRSVIPDined on 7/21/2010Excellent steak. Server was slightly inexperienced and was recommending mediocre wine and was not attentive. Steak is best in the sf area. This must been an isolated incident. I am back again next month.
- We've eaten at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/16/2010We've eaten at this restaurant a number of times and this by far was my favorite experience - the server was really great and our food was really good. The Flemming's proprietary special sauce (f17) is my very favorite and I'll definitely try it again.Special Features:
- Some Fleming's are betterNeverBetterVIPDined on 7/16/2010Some Fleming's are better than others. Maybe we had a junior server but I don't really need someone telling me the menu is a la carte which means everything is ordered separately. I also didn't appreciate the server coming to stir butter into my mashed potatoes after we had already begun to eat. Perhaps I'm on my own but I don't like people touching my food once it's been delivered to the table. I probably wouldn't go back, management seemed to fawn over frequent customers, didn't seem like they could take the time to come by our table and ask how things were.
- The prices are probably onOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/15/2010The prices are probably on par with Ruth's Chris, but the food and atmosphere are not. I took my wife for her birthday, the steaks were good, not great, and the fact that one end of the restaurant is open to the kitchen was a negative in our view. In addition, in an attempt at ambience, the lighting is so dim as to induce a quick nap. Overall, I think next time we'll head either to RC or down to Forbes Mill, which is a good bit more expensive but also feels classier. Last but not least, the chipotle mac and cheese is amazing, we'd highly recommend it.Special Features:
- The steak Flemington had aOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/14/2010The steak Flemington had a very thin, weak steak inside the crust. Much better to order their regular filet.
- For the money, we thoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 7/9/2010For the money, we thought the food was mediocre. The meal did not sit well with us either.
- Service was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/9/2010Service was excellent and food was very good, though very expensive. Crowd noise was exceptionally bad even when there were relatively few clients early in the evening.Special Features:
- We've been to Flemings a fewOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/8/2010We've been to Flemings a few times and have always had a great experience. Our recent visit was quite different. The food was wonderful but the service was terrible! Our server did not know the menu very well; was not knowledgeable on the wine list; and forgot to bring the soup I ordered and the wine of our dining companion. I'm not sure we are going to go back anytime soon.Special Features: