Fleming's Steakhouse - Walnut Creek
1685 Mt. Diablo Boulevard
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Walnut Creek
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/ca/walnut-creek
- Phone: 9252870297
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Walnut Creek
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Fleming's Steakhouse - Walnut Creek - Best Restaurants in Walnut Creek ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Walnut Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (70)notable wine list (46)romantic (44)fit for foodies (33)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (16)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (8)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We went on Sunday night for a special occasion. We ordered the prime rib special. Very disappointing. Extremely thin cut of meat with lots of fat thus very little edible prime rib. The service was mediocre at best. Two of us received our salads and after waiting quite awhile asked our server about the third salad. Probably will not be going back.
- 8 Year Old Finishes NY StripOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014We decided to dine at Fleming's Steakhouse with our kids (12 & 8 years old), and the experience was great! We started off with the calimari - finished off in 5 minutes (the kids ate most of it). Then we ordered our entrees: my 12 year old ordered the scallops which; my 8 year old ordered a NY Strip; my wife ordered the filet mignon; and I ordered the special (a filet topped with king crab legs over a bed of asparagus - surf and turf!!). All of the food was cooked to perfection - and then finished. We finished the night with a chocolate lava cake and vanilla ice cream (2 scoops)... oh, and 4 spoons. I was able to get a bite for myself before the kids ate the rest. Yeah, better order 2 next time. My 8 year old is planning our return... soon.Special Features:
- Another great dinner!ChooverDined on 10/17/2014Really enjoyed Flemings- second visit and we'll be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Impressedrhodes2julesDined on 10/12/2014The thing that sticks out the most to me, is my mother is in a wheel chair, with dementia and parkinsons, I started to cut up my mother's food so she could eat and the server came right over and said let me take that, the kitchen will cut that up for you, they also came over and did the same with her steak and lobster. In all of my years of dining I have never seen such compassion from a server. At the end of our meal ( we were celebrating my father and husband's birthday) they gave the birthday boys each a box of truffles along with a gift card to come back. They now have a customer for life, I was very impressed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special BirthdaysHappyMomDined on 10/11/2014The food was excellent. The service was outstanding. My family and I went to Fleming's to celebrate my son's 21st birthday. Fleming's made it very special for him. Our waiter took the time to explain to my son how the wine list worked and recommended a nice red wine for him to try. He also explained the menu. Also, the managers came by to wish him a happy 21st birthday. Thanks for making him my son feel special. The chocolates were a nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great anniversaryKsnarfDined on 10/8/2014The staff treated us extremely well and gifted us with truffles, a signed card and a photo that was taken earlier in the evening by the staff. Food was wonderful, steak well cooked and of wonderful quality. Wine list is well flushed out with a few notables. Service was wonderful. Our server was Daniel and he took care of us at every step of the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExplorerexplorerVIPDined on 10/4/2014This was the first time my husband and I had eaten here but it definitely won't be the last. We were impressed the minute we walked into the restaurant with the dim lighting and the friendly service which continued throughout the night. The prices are a bit high but the food was unique - I ended up having a chicken dish and my husband had a steak with mushrooms - but they were well worth it. The salads, main dishes, and the dessert were all excellent. We will be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful place to dine and relax.MellonkatDined on 9/30/2014Food is great! Service is wonderful. Great deals on food.Special Features:
- Great Food, Horrible Servicefood4meDined on 9/28/2014I love Fleming's and have been to both the Walnut Creek and Palo Alto locations on more than one occasion, the food is always amazing and usually the service is outstanding! It is the first place that comes to mind when celebrating a special occasion. However, on our last visit this past Sunday, we had a horrible experience with our server Jeff, who basically neglected our table the entire night. This is a first, since service is always great, but we were with friends that had never eaten at the restaurant and the experience with Jeff will probably not bring them back for while even though they thought the food outstanding :( However, I would highly recommend this restaurant, just not this server!Special Features:
- Great Steaks at Flemings WCGFOODVIPDined on 9/28/2014Fleming's WC is excellent. It's a busy restaurant attached to the mall. Parking even on a Sunday evening at 6:00 is tough, but they have their own valet section for $7, which makes an easy $3 tip likely (instead of breaking a $10). Considering the tier one prices at Fleming's, what's $10 bucks? But it's great food, steaks, and wine. Lobster macaroni, crab cakes, great NY Strip, grilled mushrooms and Ahi Tuna....great food for steak lovers. But how about some fresh oysters, Fleming's! O.K., for a chain restaurant, fresh oysters might be too difficult. And we forgive you for that. Overall it's a fine meal. But that Gorgonzola cheese butter spread for the bread has to go. That's not tasty or as the kids of today say, that's gnarly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Choice for birthday dinnerDonnavDined on 9/28/2014We had visited Flemings some time ago with friends and had a good experience. When asked where I wanted my birthday dinner I remembered Flemings and asked to go there. Our table was ready when we arrived, service was very attentive, food was outstanding and the unexpected birthday treats were a big surprise.Special Features:
- For Special OccasionsGigiR2Dined on 9/22/2014The food and service are outstanding, but the price reflects that. Definitely a special occasion place for us.Special Features:
- Anniversary Celebration@Fleming'sPattyBDined on 9/19/2014The food was good, the service was excellent. I had the dry-aged New York steak, it was OK, not great, but not totally gross. The asparagus had a little too much sage on it for my taste. My husband had filet mignon and lobster (the special of the evening). He said it was very good. He tried the Fleming's potatoes and said they were OK, not great. But they were so nice to us. It was our anniversary and they gave us a $25 gift card and a box of truffles at the end of the evening. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak and lobsterTsssteveVIPDined on 9/19/2014went for the steak and lobster special, great deal and the service was good, would go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday mealdnimuraDined on 9/14/2014Fleming's is one of our favorite restaurants for celebrating birthdays. My teenager especially likes the peppercorn steak and the chocolate lava cake. We eat here at least twice a year for special occasions and we're never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing-food and servicesbayursbitesVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had a few issues with wine (out and an old bottle) and host, but the evening was great--good aged steak and a server that was really good. Sean made our night, attentive and conversational-discrete when necessary. We'll go back.
- Food good-noise level badOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014The steak at this restaurant was mouth watering delicious! The atmosphere was dark and the noise level was very loud. Would not recommend if you want a quiet evening out with your significant other.Special Features:
- Waiter very attentiveJCR1Dined on 9/6/2014We were celebrting a birthday and the waiter and manager made us so comfortable. We orfered the lobster/filet special and it was absolutely delicious. We will all definitely go again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewlovesfoodDined on 9/5/2014we had the surf and turf. the filet steak was very good but the lobster was really salty. however the restaurant was cold. brrrrrrrrrrrrr.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionssuzywooDined on 9/4/2014I was super impressed from the moment we checked in when our hostess wished us Happy Anniversary to the waitstaff and our waitress. The food was delicious and well presented. My sister called in ahead of time and bought us a bottle of champagne as a surprise and it was! As we arrived at our table it was already chilling and two glasses were waiting for us. The meal came out at a good pace and the some time in the middle of the meal the hostess came by to take a picture of us which was later presented to us in a frame with a box of truffles. It was the little things like that in which truly made it a memorable evening and worth the $$$ spent.Special Features:
- Warmly greeted, Under seasonedAhueckelDined on 9/1/2014Ambiance is lovely. Service was very good. Food was good, although a bit under seasoned. The scallops and swordfish were a highlight. The filet, although perfectly cooked, desperately needed S&P. The Flemings potato au gratin promised a little jalapeno, but we found no zing. I did not mention this to my server although they did ask if everything was OK. Everything was OK, but not outstanding.Special Features:
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/1/2014We go here for special occasions. The service is always impeccable and the floor managers and waiters are constantly checking in without being annoying. The food is spectacular and we always enjoy coming here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedCarnivoreVIPDined on 8/25/2014This restaurant is a hidden gem. Tucked aware on the second floor of a parking garage, one wouldn't know that this restaurant existed. My husband and I were joined by our dear friends as we all celebrated our respective wedding anniversaries of 31 and 36 years of marital bliss. The prime rib special was a true value and prepared perfectly. Loved salads, sides (particulaly the Fleming's potatoes) and variety of desserts. What a wonderful way to celebrate three core values: eternal love, true friendships, and great food. Our thanks to the Fleming's staff for preparing an outstanding meal and capturing our evening with a group photo.Special Features:
- Very good dinnerregularJaneVIPDined on 8/25/2014The overall dinner was very good. The main problem with this location is the noise level. It's got high ceilings and the kitchen is open, so between the kitchen and staff noise the voices get loader as the night goes and and when folks drink they get even loader to be heard over the kitchen noise. I think if they put up a glass wal so they 'look' would not change, but re-route the wait staff, it would be more pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would have been excellent, but...ThatGuyDined on 8/24/20141. No baby changers, my wife had to change our baby's diaper on the ladies room floor. 2. Baby started getting fussy so I cancelled my prime rib before they made it. The server asked me if I wanted to take it home, but I declined. I told him it wouldn't be the same. While I was outside entertaining the baby, the server talks my wife into boxing up the entree that I had cancelled. I did eat it when I got home and it was good, but I didn't enjoy it knowing that I paid full price for a reheated sub standard entree. That's one way to increase the server's check average. 3. The $14 kid's steak that my son had a few bites of never got boxed up as asked. Overall, we had an enjoyable experience, but for the $$, it should've been flawlessSpecial Features:
- Quickly becoming a favoriteMichael64VIPDined on 8/24/2014Flemings is becoming my "go to" place for dining with friends. There is something for everyone on the menu, a great wine list, a memorable desserts. The service level had even picked up over time. We were celebrating two birthdays which I noted in the reservation comments. The hostess saw it and mentioned it along with our server doing the same. Not all places read or acknowledge the notes in the reservation so it is great when this happens.Special Features:
- Wonderful & delicious!ChooverDined on 8/22/2014Awesome dinner & service, we both really enjoyed!!!! Impressive wine list too, can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieEnthusiast22VIPDined on 8/22/2014Once again another experience of great food, wine, and service. The diablo shrimp topper is my favorite add on with my steak and the Flemings potatoes are a must have.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014The waiter was totally confused. The Cesar salad was not good at all. It was way too pricey for the quality and service.
- Prime RibCoachVIPDined on 8/18/2014Sunday/Monday special was outstanding. Morse Code wine outstanding world wide blend and service was outstanding. appreciate the Monday Prime Rib special and the desserts were added extraSpecial Features:
- PerfectJDH17Dined on 8/15/2014Went here for a nice dinner out and everything was perfect! We were choosing between two of their seemingly endless wine selections and asked Sean, our waiter. He not only knew exactly which ones we were talking about, but their types, and how well each would pair with both of our meals. We were very impressed. Pricey, but I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Wine list issuesLindodaDined on 8/9/2014Flemings is noted for their 100 bottle wine list. The first 3 bottles we picked were unavailable. The next 2 bottles were of a different vintage from what was listed. Thanks to our server, Sean, he persevered until we came up with a wine that we could agree on. Cost of meals were very high. Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak and wineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The cuts of steak are cooked to your perfection and the wine selection is superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous SteakhouseDatenightDined on 8/8/2014It you want a fabulous steak, choose Flemmings! Steaks , I had a New York and my husband had a filet, was cooked to perfection. Pleanty of sides to share, we enjoy the Flemmings potatoes and the asparagus. Our bbq shrimp appitizer was great too, salad needed more dressing but that is common now in most restaurants. The dessert was unbelieveable, the Lava Cake.....out of the world! Generous helping, enough to take home for another meal. Not an inexpensive restaurant but worth every dime!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around bad experienceAllanNVIPDined on 8/7/2014The place is dark but loud. The food was mediocre at best. The server not friendly or helpful.
- Another wonderful mealddmontyDined on 8/4/2014Can not say enough about this restaurant, awesome food and service!Special Features:
- Engagement CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014We couldn't have been more pleased than to celebrate our engagement at Fleming's Steakhouse. The staff was wonderful, our waiter very affable and efficient, and the managers on duty made it a priority to welcome us to the restaurant. We will definitely be returning to dine in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd Visit Was As Good as the FirstDaraDimplesDined on 6/30/2014Our server was above excellent, as always. The food was amazing and the atmosphere was perfect for celebrating my retirement.Special Features:
- The following 515 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Walnut Creek reviews archive.
- check out Sun Nt Prime Rib Special!Fannie3249Dined on 6/22/2014excellent meals & excellent service! Perfect! even the Colby red/blend wine was a great choice for reasonable price!! romantic & fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ToniBVIPDined on 6/20/2014I have lowered my expectations for this place. The staff and waitress were really nice, but the menu pricing is not great at all. The food was ok, but not for the price. Fleming's is definitely overrated.