Fleming's Steakhouse - Tyson's Corner
1960-A Chain Bridge Road
Tysons Corner, VA 22102Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Tyson's Corner
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/va/tysons-corner
- Phone: 7034428384
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: International Drive
- Public Transit: Numerous Bus Stops in Tysons Corner the closest is 1 block. 2 Closest Metros, 3.5 miles & 4 miles (new Tysons Corner Stop 300 yards away! Coming in 2012).
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complementary Valet Parking in front & Underground Garage Parking under the Courtyard by Marriott
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Tyson's Corner
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Fleming's Steakhouse - Tyson's Corner - Best Restaurants in Tysons Corner / McLean ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Tyson's Corner reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)notable wine list (48)romantic (30)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (23)neighborhood gem (15)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Excellent DinnerSharonkVIPDined on 10/28/2014Celebrating my husband's birthday with a quick mid week dinner out. It was perfect. Seafood tower was a great special occassion app. Bottle of wine recommended by our server based on our description of what we wanted was delicious. I found the iPad wine list confusing though I have used them elsewhere without a problem. Steaks and sides were great. The sautéed spinach was especially good as they did not over cook it as many restaurants do. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014The food was great- we had a new waitress- you could tell she was new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RodneyVIPDined on 10/16/2014A wonderful steak house with an outstanding wine by the glass program with over 100 (I think, anyway a lot)wines on tap. I dine here often and the preparation is very consistent, steaks always done just as you order and just right. The sides are good too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingscm1133VIPDined on 10/11/2014We went to Fleming's for our anniversary. We didn't have a great a experience and will not likely to return to the restaurant. The valet told us to park in the garage, but the sign said free valet - a 2nd valet finally took our car. We were greeted nicely and congratulated on our anniversary. We asked our waitress for recommendations and she said: In terms of what...? The steak was cooked to the right temp, but oily (or something else?) and the asparagus were limp and horrible. The fries were over-seasoned and inedible. A manager came to clear plates, saw the bowl, and just said - ok when we told him why we hadn't finished it. This might have been an anomaly, and the staff were all very nice, but the food was not great.
- ExcellentneighborhoodfindDined on 10/10/2014Food was excellent, service beyond good, ambiance perfect. Prices are VERY expensive though so I would only go back for a very special occasion.Special Features:
- Outstanding night outSwingDoctorDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I celebrated our 15th anniversary at Fleming's. They went the extra mile, special tablecloth, photo, every one on the staff knew we were celebrating and it made it so very special. Don't forget they have the best steak in the Metro DC area and the wine list is equally up to snuff. Put Fleming's on a short list of places you must visit for great food and wonderful service!!!Special Features:
- DisappointedPabloVIPDined on 9/28/2014Been to Flemings restaurants in other locales. Tried this one based on those experiences. Will not return...drove a few extra miles the next night and ate at Ruth's Chris. So much better in all regards, especially good quality.
- UnderwhelmingDavidVIPDined on 9/27/2014A pedestrian ribeye for $49 and a petite filet that looked like a flat pancake is a bit much. Also a quality steak house should have real drawn butter...I was delivered melted butter and informed they do not have anything else. Corkage fee was $26...odd number...guess they just wanted to say they were $1 higher than Capital Grill down the street. However with so many great restaurants in DC with lower corkage fees, they should take note to the wine collector crowd. Oh the onion rings were great though...My suggestion...go for bar bites early... but do not eat the regular dinner menu.
- Spend your money somewhere elseFlavorJunkieVIPDined on 9/26/2014Restaurant was crowded, a lot of people there. Staff was not capable of managing the large crowd. Service and food suffered as a result. Service was slow, sometimes rude. Food was poorly seasoned, lacked flavor. Maybe it's better on a slow night.
- Birthday Day DinnerEvelDined on 9/26/2014Good service in spite of large crowd of diners. Steak over cooked, but staff gave concessions & apologies to make up for it. Much appreciated. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014We have been to Flemings twice this month. We went back because the first experince was so good and were not disappointed the second time. The sevice was excellent-everyone was very friendly. The lobster tempura and aged ribeye were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steady EddieRobbtomDined on 9/21/2014As always Fleming comes through with good food, service and fair pricing vs the others in this category. We celebrated my wife's Birthday and they added flair to the event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerBarbaraDined on 9/20/2014Our recent dining esperience at Flemings Tysons Corner could not have been more pleasant. Excellent, but not intrusive, service from our waiter, steaks were prepared exactly as ordered. The wedge salad was as delicious, crisp and flavorful. The creme brulee had a perfect texture, perfect caramel crust. It was our 45th wedding anniversary, and the extra effort from the staff to call us by our names and wish us a happy anniversary was appreciated and showed communication within the staff.Special Features:
- Very nice but less than remarkableeatout2muchDined on 9/17/2014Maybe I've been to too many high-end steak houses, but this Flemings was less than remarkable in my one experience with it. Difficult location, very good but not truly unique food, comfortable ambience though noisier than comfortable for a quiet or intimate dinner, and superb service as you would expect with such a fine restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VAFTVIPDined on 9/16/2014Uniformly a good steak with tasty sides; the wines by the glass list of some 100 types is without equal.
- Nice place for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Enjoyed the food, waiter was nice, ambiance was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for poor service a. foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2014Went there for my husband's birthday. Although there were only two other tables occupied, the server failed to take our drinks order for 20 min. They have a tablet where you can browse the wine list, but you won't believe the prices! We ordered a bottle of red wine to go with the petit fillet mignon ($40.00) that I ordered and the dry aged NY Strip Stake ($55.00), sides NOT included in that price! A little bit on the pricey side, for a chain restaurant and for the less than average food quality. Anyway, I ordered my fillet mignon medium, and it came dry, no pink core. They offered to make a new one, which was pink inside, but partially burned outside. It kind of ruined our happy mood. They took it off the bill, but we won't go there again!
- The best steak everVisitorVIPDined on 9/7/2014My husband and I have a wonderful time at Flemings, again. We both ordered the steak and lobster special. I just learned I have an allergy to cow dairy; no butter, yogurt, cheese from cow milk--bummer. Donna, our excellent waitress, was so helpful and effective at ensuring the meal would meet my dietary needs. The chef added spices to the lobster, making it delicious without the drawn butter. The steak also was delicious without the usual pat if butter. We think the steak at Flemmings us the best in the area, beating out the Palm, Morton's, etc. if you haven't tried Flemings yet, we highly encourage you to do so. You will leave very happy after an awesome meal and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food ajfsworldDined on 9/1/2014We went for our anniversary and the whole staff made the evening special. We were disappointed that the aged steaks nor the New York Strip with bone-in were not available. But the steaks that we had were very good. The lava cake and cheese cakes were some of our best ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great prime rib specialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2014Wife had prime rib special and it was a great price and meal. Although they brought it out medium when we asked for medium rare. You would hope they would catch it and re-cook it without trying to see if they can pass it on to the customer. I had the dry aged ribeye which was almost twice as much with no sides and dessert. I don't think the value was there for that and would get the prime rib special next time. They also have great dishes for $7 before 7pm and we tried their burger. One of the only customers that brought kids....may rethink that next time.Special Features:
- 40th anniversary dinner was specialgrazerVIPDined on 8/28/2014We dined here for our 40th wedding anniversary and we could not have been more pleased. They greeted us with "Happy Anniversary" as did all other staff who served us. Someone even took our picture and presented us with a framed photo five minutes later. The lemonade cocktail was excellent as were the appetizer crab cakes. The fried onion rings and creamed spinach were superb! Dinner ended with a box of truffles and a gift card for a return visit. The place is definitely pricey but for a special occasion it's worth it. We will return.Special Features:
- ExcellentDebbieDined on 8/27/2014Great food perfectly prepared. Delicious wine and a very nice birthday gift of chocolates and a gift certificate. Thank you FlemmingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Birthday DinnerdineDined on 8/18/2014I've been here several times, and this is a wonderful spot for an awesome steak. I got the booth I requested, and the food (as always) was wonderful. The complimentary valet parking is a plus as well. On this visit my service experience was less than expected. My waiter didn't mention the Prime Rib special, and seemed annoyed when I asked what my salad/side/dessert options were. Seemed more interested in getting me to order wine. He was clearing dishes from the table, and sort of threw the bread onto another plate, and kept walking. His demeanor for the remainder of the night was sour and even though I'm a 'friend of Flemings' not sure if I'll return to the Tyson's location. I've never had a bad experience at the Baltimore location.Special Features:
- Smart choice for Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/16/2014We were looking for a restaurant where we'd get our money's worth during restaurant week. We were not disappointed at Flemings. Everything we ate was outstanding, from the salad to the steaks and other entrees to the sides and desserts. The waiter made sure to encourage us to each get a different side dish since they were large enough to share and that way we could try several! My NY strip was perfectly cooked and the 12oz size was ideal. I had crème brulee for dessert and it was possibly the best I've had. The wine suggestions were spot on as well.Special Features:
- Really GOOD food! Lovely evening!Dine4katDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed such a lovely evening! The decor is stylishly sophisticated, so dressings up a bit is fun and feels right, and sitting in a booth makes conversation easy and intimate with a group of four. Our dining started with warm, delicious crusty bread and an addictive cheese spread, that was followed by a unique take on Caesar Salad with capers and crispy fried bits of a thin ham (not the usual bacon). The steaks were very tender and flavorful, and the sides..Oh My!...what delicious takes on old standbys...Mac and Cheese with mildly smokey cheddar and toasted bread crumbs, yummy creamed spinach, and oh so good Flemings scalloped potatoes. Gail, our server was wonderful! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice send off for our sondinrGirlDined on 8/15/2014We went during restaurant week for a send off dinner for our son for his first year of College. Very good service, nice pace to the meal and great food--everything was cooked appropriately. The value for restaurante week was definitely worth it and their menu was more extensive than others I had checked out. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!HC77Dined on 8/14/2014Wonderful restaurant! Very quiet and romantic. The New York strip was delicious especially with the chipotle mac and cheese! Bread was to die for! (ask for another loaf)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014Love the small plates! Can enjoy a steakhouse without having the huge portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining VenueUnionEagleDined on 7/24/2014Fleming's, Tyson Corners, continues to offer a great atmosphere, service and delicious dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent but nothing specialDCDinerVIPDined on 7/21/2014There are a bunch of steakhouses in Tysons Corner and Fleming's has nothing to make it stand out. This time we went for the prime rib special, which is actually a decent deal. As in the past, though, the food was good but not the kind of beef that makes you appreciate what a good steakhouse can do. Despite their emphasis on wine, the wine list is okay but not as broad as you would think - too cabernet-centric (which to be fair may be what people at a steakhouse generally want). One interesting point about this visit - this was a classic example of what I have seen at a number of restaurants - the Open Table seating policy. Despite having several much better tables available, they kept trying to seat us at the worst possible tables.
- Loud nightRandyDined on 7/16/2014Went to enjoy a great steak and conversation, but got a great steak and a lot of noise.........reminded me of the American restaurant group....Mike's, Sweet Water, Coastal Flats..etc.....too loud.Special Features:
- Happy dinereventerDined on 7/14/2014The food was delicious and the service was great. The waiter recommended a great wine to go with our entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime RibOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014My friends and I enjoyed all aspects of our dinner. Everything was delicious - the sides, the prime rib, salads, desserts, etc. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gemexpo67VIPDined on 7/12/2014Fleming's is not an easy find in Tyson's, we never knew it was there as it is not visible from the road. However, the steak is excellent, the wine list is extensive, and service is top notch. I tried the dry aged ribeye and it was perfect, my significant other had the Alaska King Crab which was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerDktran31VIPDined on 7/11/2014Went here on a Friday night with my girlfriend. The service was great for the most part. They had an iPad as the wine list - nice tech touch. The interior of the restaurant was dimly light and romantic. One complaint - they use electronic candles instead of real ones. For a nice up-scale steak house, I would assume they would use real ones so that was a bit surprising. The food was amazing. I enjoyed a massive 21 oz. bone-in rib-eye with creamed spinach and sautéed mushrooms. My date enjoyed the summer special with consisted of a salmon filet and a bacon-wrapped filet mignon. The food was delicious. I rate them overall 4.5, they would have received a 5 if it wasn't for a few minor details.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/3/2014We came here for my husband's birthday dinner, and even they decorated our table with a special tablecloth and happy birthday confetti! Our strip steaks were crusty and yummy, and the creamed spinach was far better than any we have ever had in Ruth's Chris and Morton's. Our son got their summer tasting menu and everything on it was DELICIOUS and a great deal! We highly recommend Flemings!Special Features:
- The following 547 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Tyson's Corner reviews archive.
- Just OK ... Hotel Lobby Steakhouse!JAB611VIPDined on 6/20/2014Ordered the Prime Bone-In-Ribeye and for a $50 steak it was rather small and overly marbled! Although perfectly cooked it was not much bang for your bucks and I felt ripped off upon receiving my $75 bill for "A steak" and "A drink"! There are much better options out there for a decent hearty steak dinner!
- EmoryVIPDined on 6/16/2014I felt like the service was a little rushed. The server was a little too intense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but won't returnAlexVIPDined on 6/15/2014You go to a friend's house for dinner everything's impeccable....but in a corner there's a basket with laundry. Near the end of dinner, the help begins folding the laundry in plain sight. That was Fleming's in Tyson's. The food was great but the room we sat in was "unfinished:" there were undressed tables in a corner chairs placed along the wall. Near the end of dinner the wait staff started rearranging the room all around us, setting up new partitions, etc. I joked with our server that they were giving me a hint it was time to leave. (It wasn't near closing time.) Bottom line: there are too many other choices for steakhouses to settle for one where the overall experience is not top-notch. Sorry, Fleming's, you messed this one up.
- Outstanding ServiceTJ01Dined on 6/15/2014I took my husband to Flemings for Father's Day. The atmosphere was excellent; the service was outstanding and the food was fabulous. We truly enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.