Fleming's Steakhouse - Tyson's Corner
1960-A Chain Bridge Road
Tysons Corner, VA 22102Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Tyson's Corner
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/va/tysons-corner
- Phone: (703) 442-8384
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: International Drive
- Public Transit: Numerous Bus Stops in Tysons Corner the closest is 1 block. 2 Closest Metros, 3.5 miles & 4 miles (new Tysons Corner Stop 300 yards away! Coming in 2012).
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complementary Valet Parking in front & Underground Garage Parking under the Courtyard by Marriott
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Tyson's Corner
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Fleming's Steakhouse - Tyson's Corner - Best Restaurants in Tysons Corner / McLean ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Tyson's Corner reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)notable wine list (59)fit for foodies (40)romantic (38)good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (12)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (6)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- TontonDined on 11/21/2014Fine steakhouse. Competes with Capital Grill and Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Tysons. I believe it's better than both. Wines are a bit expensive but excellent choices. This is my third visit in 5 years and the welcoming is always nice. Great place for special occasions since they care about it. Best dishes are Filet Mignon and Petit Filet Mignon. What I don't like is the valet system. People are not encouraged to self park in the garage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem!LincolnVIPDined on 11/17/2014Flemings in Tyson's Corner has always been a well kept secret for their reasonably priced food and drink. They absolutely outdid themselves last night. The interaction and service - from the Valet Parking attendant to the server - was spotless and spot on! Their wine menu is great and goes well with many of their meat dishes. But it truly is the service that know has Fleming's as our go-to in Tysons corner. They made us feel like we were doing them a favor by eating with them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerNomsDined on 11/16/2014My wife and I have been to Fleming's many time with friends and its been great. However, this time my Steak was not like before. I would still recommend the place but it will be a while before I go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth it.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/12/2014With so many good steakhouses in area avoid this one. Good not good ambiance not good just overall bad. I will not be returning. Service was ok.
- Flemings in Tysons CornerSandyDined on 11/12/2014Friendly staff and fun bar scene, albeit one that is limited in space at the bar. The food was excellent, including the lobster tempura (recommended), and the service was very good. Flemings can be a bit noisy, even in the dining area, but we had no trouble conversing. And, although Flemings is expensive, the quality of the food and drinks (they have an exceptional wine list) was worth it.Special Features:
- Best Service EVER! Great Food too!LoveFlemingsDined on 11/11/2014Went to Fleming’s for a friend’s b-day, our table had confetti on it and a personalized b-day card, plus they took a table photo and gave her a box of homemade truffles and a gift card. Server (Melissa) took care of our every need as well as about 4 others, we never ran or had to ask for anything-manager even stopped by. The steaks were delicious–get them iron skillet style-coated in seasonings and crispy, so full of flavor. Fleming’s signature salad/potatoes and mac and cheese (smoky flavor) were also winners. Truly some of the best service I have ever had. EVERYONE was friendly and very professional and the food was equally great. Having been to many high-end steak places, Fleming’s really stood out and we are all planning our next visit!Special Features:
- Good food but too noiseyBMWSmithDined on 11/8/2014The service was a 5 star - thank you Melissa the great service. We are from Virginia Beach and planned a short get a way for my husbands Bday. The resturant was very attentive for his birthday with a complimentary picture, nicely decorated table, truffles and a $25 gift card. The food was pretty good and even though my husbands steak was overcook, the manager was very apologetic, offered a new steak (my husband politely declined) and the mgr removed it from the bill. Service was excellent, food good but the bar was too close to the dinning area and there happened to be a large very "noisey" party at the bar. It was not the ambiance I envisoned for a romantic birthday dinner. Over all with service and food was a recovery for the ambiance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeVAPatriotDined on 11/8/2014This was our first time at Fleming's Steakhouse. The service was great from the valet, the hostess and Dan our waiter. Dan was very attentive. We ordered a glass of wine and a cocktail. My only complaints with the service was we had to ask for water. Seriously, you have to ask for water? We were never asked if we wanted another wine or cocktail as well. This was probably a good thing because the wine we felt was a little overpriced and the cocktail barely had liquor in it. I'm glad the floor staff kept our water glasses full. We started with the pan crisped pork belly w/ goat cheese grits & onion chutney. The pork slices were about a 50/50 mix of pork and fat and not very crispy. The steaks were excellent & cooked correctly but overpriced.Special Features:
- Great Steaks ... but PriceyCharlesDined on 11/7/2014This is was an nice chop house. The meal and service was very good. Not sure I would come back again as it was a pricey experience.Special Features:
- Exceptional service and foodLove2eatDined on 11/7/2014We had the calamari appetizer....best I've ever had. Ordered from the small plate menu for my entrée and a side dish...it was the perfect amount of food. The molten lava cake is not be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Great; Service not so muchLax54VIPDined on 11/7/2014The food here was very good. Flemings has to work hard to get over the fact that it is in a Courtyard hotel. Unfortunately, the service level reminds you that you are in a Courtyard hotel. We were constantly swarmed by servers and management. There was no subtlety to the service. The waitress could not pronounce the name of the wine that was ordered from a wine list that is mediocre for such an establishment. Food is put on the table "backwards" - meaning you have to turn the super hot plate around so that your entree can be reached. There is no refinement to the service as one would expect at a restaurant that is supposed to deliver a fine dining experience.
- steakOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/5/2014best tasting steak I ever had. Service was excellent as well. ambiance was okay.
- Dinner for TwoABHollandVIPDined on 11/4/2014A+ Sevice, wine, salad, small plates and creme brûlée !!!
- Menu could be more accurateCandygirlDined on 11/4/2014Steaks are normally cooked as ordered, which is a rare find! However, I think the small plates represent the best value. My gripe is that many of the plates have unexpected ingredients that aren't mentioned on the menu e.g. ever heard of creamed corn full of jalapenos? On the menu it's simply described as 'creamed corn' so those folks who don't like spicy food are in for a nasty shock when ordering what should be a pretty safe bet. So beware! In this day and age of allergies, Flemings should really rewrite their menu to be more indicative of actual content.Special Features:
- donsarDined on 11/2/2014The entire experience was excellent. Server always knew who got what without asking. Great waitress, Gail. Food was perfectly cooked to our order and portions were adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks!Critic4gfoodVIPDined on 11/1/2014This was our first time dining at Fleming's Steakhouse. There were four adults in our party. We enjoyed the steaks and side dishes. I had the steak special…filet mignon with crab meat (oscar style). Other steaks eaten by my party included aged and regular ribeye cooked to order. We enjoyed the Fleming's potatoes, sautéed spinach, & mushrooms. We also enjoyed the red wine…Jam Jar. We loved it so much that my husband went out later in the week and purchased two cases….thanks to Fleming's! We will certainly return.Special Features:
- Superb Service & DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014My fiancé and I dined at Fleming's to celebrate our two year anniversary. We were treated like rock stars from beginning to end. From the hostess, to the manager and wait staff, everyone was very attentive and made us feel extra special from the moment we walked in. And the food was absolutely delicious! We will definitely be back soon to use the $25 gift card they gave us as an anniversary gift. Five Stars all the way around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good food and service!Stella1VIPDined on 10/31/2014The food was delicious and our server was excellent. This was not our first time at this location, and it will definitely not be our last . . . always consistent good food and service!Special Features:
- primemarshalhymanVIPDined on 10/30/2014Love it when you have the prime rib special. Went with several friends and we had a great experience.Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerSharonkVIPDined on 10/28/2014Celebrating my husband's birthday with a quick mid week dinner out. It was perfect. Seafood tower was a great special occassion app. Bottle of wine recommended by our server based on our description of what we wanted was delicious. I found the iPad wine list confusing though I have used them elsewhere without a problem. Steaks and sides were great. The sautéed spinach was especially good as they did not over cook it as many restaurants do. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014The food was great- we had a new waitress- you could tell she was new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RodneyVIPDined on 10/16/2014A wonderful steak house with an outstanding wine by the glass program with over 100 (I think, anyway a lot)wines on tap. I dine here often and the preparation is very consistent, steaks always done just as you order and just right. The sides are good too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingscm1133VIPDined on 10/11/2014We went to Fleming's for our anniversary. We didn't have a great a experience and will not likely to return to the restaurant. The valet told us to park in the garage, but the sign said free valet - a 2nd valet finally took our car. We were greeted nicely and congratulated on our anniversary. We asked our waitress for recommendations and she said: In terms of what...? The steak was cooked to the right temp, but oily (or something else?) and the asparagus were limp and horrible. The fries were over-seasoned and inedible. A manager came to clear plates, saw the bowl, and just said - ok when we told him why we hadn't finished it. This might have been an anomaly, and the staff were all very nice, but the food was not great.
- ExcellentneighborhoodfindDined on 10/10/2014Food was excellent, service beyond good, ambiance perfect. Prices are VERY expensive though so I would only go back for a very special occasion.Special Features:
- Outstanding night outSwingDoctorDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I celebrated our 15th anniversary at Fleming's. They went the extra mile, special tablecloth, photo, every one on the staff knew we were celebrating and it made it so very special. Don't forget they have the best steak in the Metro DC area and the wine list is equally up to snuff. Put Fleming's on a short list of places you must visit for great food and wonderful service!!!Special Features:
- DisappointedPabloVIPDined on 9/28/2014Been to Flemings restaurants in other locales. Tried this one based on those experiences. Will not return...drove a few extra miles the next night and ate at Ruth's Chris. So much better in all regards, especially good quality.
- UnderwhelmingDavidVIPDined on 9/27/2014A pedestrian ribeye for $49 and a petite filet that looked like a flat pancake is a bit much. Also a quality steak house should have real drawn butter...I was delivered melted butter and informed they do not have anything else. Corkage fee was $26...odd number...guess they just wanted to say they were $1 higher than Capital Grill down the street. However with so many great restaurants in DC with lower corkage fees, they should take note to the wine collector crowd. Oh the onion rings were great though...My suggestion...go for bar bites early... but do not eat the regular dinner menu.
- Spend your money somewhere elseFlavorJunkieVIPDined on 9/26/2014Restaurant was crowded, a lot of people there. Staff was not capable of managing the large crowd. Service and food suffered as a result. Service was slow, sometimes rude. Food was poorly seasoned, lacked flavor. Maybe it's better on a slow night.
- Birthday Day DinnerEvelDined on 9/26/2014Good service in spite of large crowd of diners. Steak over cooked, but staff gave concessions & apologies to make up for it. Much appreciated. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014We have been to Flemings twice this month. We went back because the first experince was so good and were not disappointed the second time. The sevice was excellent-everyone was very friendly. The lobster tempura and aged ribeye were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steady EddieRobbtomDined on 9/21/2014As always Fleming comes through with good food, service and fair pricing vs the others in this category. We celebrated my wife's Birthday and they added flair to the event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerBarbaraDined on 9/20/2014Our recent dining esperience at Flemings Tysons Corner could not have been more pleasant. Excellent, but not intrusive, service from our waiter, steaks were prepared exactly as ordered. The wedge salad was as delicious, crisp and flavorful. The creme brulee had a perfect texture, perfect caramel crust. It was our 45th wedding anniversary, and the extra effort from the staff to call us by our names and wish us a happy anniversary was appreciated and showed communication within the staff.Special Features:
- Very nice but less than remarkableeatout2muchDined on 9/17/2014Maybe I've been to too many high-end steak houses, but this Flemings was less than remarkable in my one experience with it. Difficult location, very good but not truly unique food, comfortable ambience though noisier than comfortable for a quiet or intimate dinner, and superb service as you would expect with such a fine restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VAFTVIPDined on 9/16/2014Uniformly a good steak with tasty sides; the wines by the glass list of some 100 types is without equal.
- Nice place for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Enjoyed the food, waiter was nice, ambiance was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for poor service a. foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2014Went there for my husband's birthday. Although there were only two other tables occupied, the server failed to take our drinks order for 20 min. They have a tablet where you can browse the wine list, but you won't believe the prices! We ordered a bottle of red wine to go with the petit fillet mignon ($40.00) that I ordered and the dry aged NY Strip Stake ($55.00), sides NOT included in that price! A little bit on the pricey side, for a chain restaurant and for the less than average food quality. Anyway, I ordered my fillet mignon medium, and it came dry, no pink core. They offered to make a new one, which was pink inside, but partially burned outside. It kind of ruined our happy mood. They took it off the bill, but we won't go there again!
- The best steak everVisitorVIPDined on 9/7/2014My husband and I have a wonderful time at Flemings, again. We both ordered the steak and lobster special. I just learned I have an allergy to cow dairy; no butter, yogurt, cheese from cow milk--bummer. Donna, our excellent waitress, was so helpful and effective at ensuring the meal would meet my dietary needs. The chef added spices to the lobster, making it delicious without the drawn butter. The steak also was delicious without the usual pat if butter. We think the steak at Flemmings us the best in the area, beating out the Palm, Morton's, etc. if you haven't tried Flemings yet, we highly encourage you to do so. You will leave very happy after an awesome meal and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food ajfsworldDined on 9/1/2014We went for our anniversary and the whole staff made the evening special. We were disappointed that the aged steaks nor the New York Strip with bone-in were not available. But the steaks that we had were very good. The lava cake and cheese cakes were some of our best ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great prime rib specialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2014Wife had prime rib special and it was a great price and meal. Although they brought it out medium when we asked for medium rare. You would hope they would catch it and re-cook it without trying to see if they can pass it on to the customer. I had the dry aged ribeye which was almost twice as much with no sides and dessert. I don't think the value was there for that and would get the prime rib special next time. They also have great dishes for $7 before 7pm and we tried their burger. One of the only customers that brought kids....may rethink that next time.Special Features:
- 40th anniversary dinner was specialgrazerVIPDined on 8/28/2014We dined here for our 40th wedding anniversary and we could not have been more pleased. They greeted us with "Happy Anniversary" as did all other staff who served us. Someone even took our picture and presented us with a framed photo five minutes later. The lemonade cocktail was excellent as were the appetizer crab cakes. The fried onion rings and creamed spinach were superb! Dinner ended with a box of truffles and a gift card for a return visit. The place is definitely pricey but for a special occasion it's worth it. We will return.Special Features: