Fleming's Steakhouse - The Woodlands
1201 Lake Woodlands Drive, The Woodlands Mall
The Woodlands, TX 77380Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - The Woodlands
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/tx/the-woodlands
- Phone: 2813620103
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - The Woodlands
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Fleming's Steakhouse - The Woodlands - Best Restaurants in The Woodlands ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - The Woodlands reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)notable wine list (47)romantic (37)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (14)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Little disappointing for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014We chose this location for our 1st wedding anniversary versus going to Taste of Texas. We had heard their steaks were great despite them being a little pricey. We loved the romantic setting in the restaurant not to mention the waiter giving us an Anniversary card from their staff. The service was slow considering we went early and there were hardly anyone there. A very nice touch, however my husbands steak did not compare to the taste of a NY Strip at Taste of Texas. We will probably go back but it won't be anytime soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/18/2014Lobster wasn't done and didn't even taste like lobster. Wait staff & manager were all focused on setting up outside patio so go little if any attention. Had to ask to have table cleared after our meal. Only good part was the manager did seem to care and comped our meal.
- Great ServiceConairVIPDined on 9/13/2014Waiter was great, very professional & knowledgable. Provided excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate in styleDeyDiningDined on 9/12/2014Nice personal touch when celebrating special occasions..this night it was my birthday and I was flattered by the quiet happy birthday's received through tour exquisite meal. Wonderful merlot/cab blend recommended by Michael, our serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the food not the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014The food was perfectly cooked but at these prices I shouldn't need to pour my own wine. We were almost done each course before we were even asked how the food was. Management was quietly told about our poor service. She then gave the waiter a gift card and some chocolates to bring to us without telling him why we were not happy. It was a very uncomfortable position to be put in, in the future I will just write a bad review and not tell management.Special Features:
- pdajgDined on 9/7/2014This time the food and service were not on scale as they usually are.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014We went to Flemings to celebrate a birthday with our daughter and her husband. The service was excellent and the food was amazing. The wine we had was perfect and our waiter was attentive without being obnoxious. I highly recommend this restaurant if you want great wine and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeDiningDivaDined on 9/1/2014Celebrated another birthday at Fleming's. This is the only place we go for anniversary, birthday and entertaining friends. Always excellent service food. The staff is courteous and calls you by name. Food is constantly excellent and the desserts yummy. The wine list is extensive. You can't go wrong choosing Fleming's for your next dining experience.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceKToneDined on 8/30/2014Mike was awesome! Excellent service Food is always amazing. Drinks are always creative and desserts delicious!Special Features:
- BabsVIPDined on 8/30/2014Food, wine and service was perfect for this family's evening together. Have never been disappointed. They really go beyond what is expected to see that you have an outstanding dining experience.Special Features:
- Houston restaurant WEEKSHappyBirthdayGirlDined on 8/29/2014The welcome and service was excellent even when we said we wanted the HRW menus. We were seated promptly - v important to us as we were going to a concert. The food was excellent - lovely beef filet cooked to perfection. Only down side was that no veg side was included and - as we are dining at 5 HRW places over the Labour Day weekend, we didn't want to run up extra charges. So left feeling very full of 'potato'! We happened to mention to our server that it was our wedding anniversary the following day - and even though we were not gracing her establishment with our presence on the day , she surprised us with a H Ann card signed personally by all the serving staff and a lovely box of choccies! That left us feeling very spoilt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to our tasteubnjtxDined on 8/29/2014Booked dinner for three to treat. My brother who was visiting from NY. We were greeted cordially and seated promptly. Ordered 3 prime rib specials, rare, med rare and med well. My brother's rare steak was cooked as ordered but a bit tough. My med rare came out slightly overcooked and in several sections. It had at least a third of fat and gristle, was difficult to cut and more so to chew. The manager very shortly brought out another steak but it was rare. I attempted to cut it but it was quite tough. The steak was in edible as it was tough and almost impossible to chew. I sent this back also My wife's steak was an end cut, small, overdone and also quite tough. She did not eat much of it either. Manager was sorry it was not to my taste!
- Awesome experienceRedsRavesDined on 8/24/2014The food was absolutely amazing! Had one of the specials for that evening and it was filled with wonderful taste! Was visiting from out of town, LOVED this place. Excellent service, wait staff was very attentive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/24/2014Enjoy Fleming's always. Love their special priced meals too, perfect for locals to just drop in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic2goodfoodDined on 8/23/2014We wanted to stay close to the The Woodlands area to celebrate our anniversary. I've heard great things about Flemings so we tried it and LOVED IT. We will be visiting more frequent that's for sure. Thank you for helping make our night one to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice meal83dathomsonDined on 8/20/2014My filet was tasty and cooked perfectly! Hubby enjoyed the lobster macaroni. Cheesecake was delicious. Great wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special. A must to try. Love it. !Number1VIPDined on 8/19/2014As usual, this restaurant is wonderful! We done at this restaurant 2-3 times a month. It's excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week WinnerMeXXVIPDined on 8/16/2014We dined here for Restaurant Week and what an incredible experience. The food was wonderful. And, our server Traci was extremely attentive and helpful with menu selections. The manager stopped by our table, which was a nice touch.We will definitely make the drive again to the Woodlands.Special Features:
- AmIarestaurantsnobDined on 8/16/2014We went on the Houston Restaurant Week program, and all 4 of us ordered the promotional meal. I suppose this is how their waitstaff is trained, but I felt like I was constantly being pressured by our waiter who was trying to up-sell us. Three out of four of us thought our steaks were average, and the forth thought her's was great. The waiter made a good wine recomendation, I guess it's customary to pay $76 for a $20 bottle??? The creme brule was prepared well. I had never been to Fleming's before and I wanted to try them. The bill per couple was $150, and I did not feel like it was a good value for the money spent, but that just my opinion.Special Features:
- To ExpensiveF00dReviewDined on 8/15/2014The food did not match the price. There was nothing special about the restaurant.
- Fine restaurantPlarkinDined on 8/10/2014Fantastic food, one complaint both times that I have booked through open table , I have requested a table close to the door , my husband has a difficult time getting around. Both times this request was ignored and we were seated in the back. But that is my only Complaint. Best food. Seafood tower that is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!Number1VIPDined on 8/9/2014Excellent excellent! We loved it and Herman the waiter was exceptional. Thank you and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generous portionsLeetexDined on 8/9/2014We were there for Restaurant week and the choices were very special! Salmon was two large pieces! Most took half home! Side dish was enough for three people, turtle cake deliciousSpecial Features:
- Delish!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Went their for their first year of participating in the Houston Restaurant Week. Great menu, delicious meal, awesome service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected more...dinnerdateDined on 8/4/2014Compared to other steak restaurants of similar price point and quality, I was disappointed. To top it off, there was a hair in my side dish. Despite the attentiveness of the staff to fix the problem, a comped meal, and a gift certificate, I won't eat there again. The flavor of my steak was lacking (it was filet mignon!). I wish I had gone to Perry's or Morton's.
- Service -v- CostCostEnufDined on 7/27/2014For as much as food and drinks cost, the service was disappointing. We had to ask the waiter where our drinks were, ask to have extra wine glasses cleared off the table, ask to have dirty plates removed, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StuffedDined on 7/26/2014Food and service was great but the place has too much noise. We could barely hear the waiter shouting out the daily specials. Other than that, awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday FunOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014Went to Fleming for my birthday with my wife. Food was excellent and we were rewarded with a special offer in that Caymus 40th Anniversary was being offered by the glass (this just happens to be my 40th as well....how fitting!!). Fantastic wine, fantastic service by Kevin and associates, and overall a wonderful experience! The chefs special mac n cheese with lobster and asian spices was amazing!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Servicemisspriss7Dined on 7/13/2014Our server, Herman was GREAT! Wonderful dining for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent excellent A1 ratingNumber1VIPDined on 7/12/2014First time at the woodlands restaurant. A wonderful evening for my husband and I . The service was great and the waiter really paid special attention to every detail. I really liked the hostess also. She was sincerely friendly with a contagious smile! We have been to Perry's and Vic & Anthonys for special occasions but Flemings will certainly become one of our favorites and so close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014After receiving a living social voucher we decided to have date night at the Flemings Woodlands, TX location. They sat us in the private areas which was like a wine room. It was quaint and intimate. Very romantic and not loud like some other restaurants. The food was amazing and after they even gave us a box if truffles and a $25 gift card for next time. Food was absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get "the Cajun" !AUTigerDined on 7/5/2014Our server Alex recommended "the Cajun", a specialty of the chef. This is a specially prepared filet or aged ribeye served with a Cajun sauce and three seasoned and grilled shrimp. I would have never ordered this dish but I am SO glad Alex recommended it; it was spectacular. My wife's steak was excellent as well and we enjoyed the meal with a bottle of Ladera. Great meal, great service, great evening / we'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime steak?A Primo restaurant!MarmaxxDined on 7/3/2014With Alex's great recommendations and Chef Mike's Louisiana flare our anniversary dinner was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for steaksbeasweetieDined on 6/27/2014I have always loved the ahi tuna appetizer at Flemings. However during this visit to Flemings I was quite disappointed in the ahi tuna as well as the service. I've found an even better choice for the ahi tuna appetizer at Fleming's cousin - Bonefish Grill. The ahi tuna at Bonefist is sliced thick and the portion is generous for an appetizer. I was disappointed in the inconsistency of the slices, many of which were slivers and shavings rather than thick slices. Fleming's should take notes from Bonefish in consistency and taste. That said, Fleming's is always a nice place for steaks.Special Features:
- Fleming'sHokieBillDined on 6/25/2014Service is always good at Fleming's. Only complaint this go around was one of our steaks was undercooked, but this is a rarity (no pun intended). Was nice going on a weeknight as the restaurant was more quiet than a weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new client dinnerclient2lunchDined on 6/23/2014Had a business dinner with a new client from Germany and we had an excellent time. The food, wine and overall service was excellent. Noice level wasn't bad although it was on a Tuesday night so the dinning area wasn't full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pdajgDined on 6/22/2014Always enjoy. Food is always fantastic. Alex is a great waiter and we always request him when we make our reservations. Went there Sunday for my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful steaktaxman57Dined on 6/21/2014My wife and I had not been before but had heard good reviews, we were not disappointed. The steak came out exactly as I asked and the service was very good. I'd recommend to anyone wanting a good meal. Like other establishments like this, its a little pricey but not over the top.Special Features:
- Not up to expectationsDinerDined on 6/14/2014We were a group of eight on a Saturday night. Servers seemed very rushed handling too many tables and it took a long time for drink and food delivery. Food was good but overall for the price we expected better service and food quality.Special Features:
- Waiter did not advisefoodiefoodDined on 6/13/2014Everything was great except there was a special which cost $98 rather than the average price of a steak at $40. Without being tacky and saying the dollar amount he could have indicated there was a considerable differential to the host of the table and chose not to. Otherwise I would have given a ful five stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.