Fleming's Steakhouse - Tampa
4322 W. Boy Scout Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Tampa
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/fl/tampa
- Phone: 8138749463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Tampa
Fleming's Steakhouse is the ultimate steakhouse destination for people seeking a stylish, lively and contemporary dining experience. Nationally renowned for our USDA Prime beef and steakhouse fare, Fleming's is equally celebrated for the ‘Fleming’s 100’, our award-winning wine list that features 100 wines by-the-glass, many available at $10 or less. While Prime beef reigns supreme, other flavorful dishes offered include chops, freshly grilled fish and poultry, generous salads and side orders. Whether you're enjoying a casual bite and glass of wine in our bar or an evening of indulgent dining, our goal at Fleming's is to provide an ongoing celebration of exceptional food and wine, to be enjoyed in the company of friends and family. We look forward to the pleasure of your company.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Fleming's Steakhouse - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)notable wine list (38)fit for foodies (27)romantic (25)vibrant bar scene (20)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (9)late-night find (9)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great place!huliman88Dined on 10/20/2014Have been many times and always great. Went for our anniversary and they helped make it a special evening with the toast before the meal, the placard on the table and every person on the staff that came by wide us a happy anniversary. A first class experience by a first class restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overshadowed by poor service...WmarvelDined on 10/11/2014slow slow slow. and not just the food came out slow, water glasses not refilled, wine glasses not refilled...they served coffee and then the dessert took almost 30 minutes. Its a shame really, because the food was all delicious as usual.Special Features:
- Mrsnook2Dined on 10/10/2014First time there, service was outstanding,food was good but was disappointed in the $54 Dry aged Ribeye Steak, it was cooked the way I asked and flavor was good but it was not tender at all, allmost sent it back but I did not want to go through the hassle and wait while my wife ate by herself. I have had much better for half the price elsewhere,other than that all was good but will try someplace else next time I want to go to a high end steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch Service and foodShowwalterVIPDined on 10/4/2014A little more casual, and relaxed than the Capital Grille and Eddie V's, great steaks, and service open kitchen to the dining room gives it livelier and louder atmosphere, so not quite as romantic as the Capital Grille, but if you like more energy it's fine......Special Features:
- Special Event nightSammi123Dined on 10/4/2014Surprise party for my best friend... So cool in setting up a special place in the restaurant for us. My guest was so surprised. The restaurant staff top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very RomanticPastorEdman34Dined on 10/3/2014Its was definitly a place that will set the mood,no matter the occasion we really enjoyed ourselves!! Service was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overviewDined on 9/29/2014Food was good, but way overpriced. Portions fairly small, and side dishes overpriced. Desserts overpriced as well - Although they said home made, they were not notable. We spent $180 for two people, with no alcoholic drinks.
- accomodatinglovestofinedineDined on 9/27/2014We recently had a first time reservation at Flemings..we suffered a flat tire and were extremely late.. there was no problem taking us right in..Mark our server was excellent..food was Devine..we will make Flemings on our go to list for fine dining in the future! Definitely check out the lava cake for dessert..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finished strongJesserlyDined on 9/27/2014Delicious food as always. The service was slightly slower than usual, but nothing to bat an eye at given the mouth watering appetizers, entrees and desserts. What really made this a memorable experience was that my petit filet came to me brown all the way through. All the more surprising because I had ordered it medium rare, and it was my night to celebrate passing the bar. I'm rarer cursed when it comes to retaurants, so it didn't bother me. But it certainly bothered the staff: my new steak was brought out within 10-15 minutes (perfect) and the server brought a complementary box of Flemming's truffles and a $25 gift card. I. Was. Floored. I gave her a hug and was smiling the rest of the night. Best night ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food & serviceDanGatorVIPDined on 9/21/2014We have been to Fleming's many times and it is always consistantly good in both food and service. Ask for Bradley, he is a fantastic server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Here's the scoop........ShowwalterVIPDined on 9/20/2014Compared to The Capital Grille, Ruth Chris, and Eddie V's, this place is on par with food and service. It's louder, (the open kitchen is in the dining room, and the adjacent bar has TV's), you should be prepared that's not as intimate or quiet as the Capital Grille or Ruth Chris...but if you like a little more energy and don't mind the clanging of pans in the kitchen, the place delivers on food and service, albeit the pricing is comparable to Ruth Chris or the Capital Grille........they are all over priced due to their ala carte menu's I would recommend Flemings for a large group over the Capital Grille and Ruth Chris because it's okay if you're a bit loud, no one will notice or hear you over the kitchen noise and bar TV's.....Special Features:
- Excellent SteakfinerdinerDined on 9/12/2014Great atmosphere, wonderful attentive service, good variety on menu, food excellent!!Special Features:
- Made our anniversary specialkmackDined on 9/6/2014When making the reservation I included a simple note asking for a quiet table so that my husband and I could celebrate our wedding anniversary. I had no idea they would use that information to create such a special evening for us. Our table was decorated with rose petals and a happy anniversary sign. The food was outstanding and every staff member we encounted was pleasant and professional. They even sent us home with a box of chocolate truffles and a discount off of our next visit. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. Worth every penny.Special Features:
- Surpassed by other dining choicesLAOnSceneVIPDined on 9/4/2014Dined on salmon with mushrooms, and sauteed spinach. Both lacked flavor and salmon was overcooked. Server kept interrupting conversation, and then totally disappeared once the check was paid. There are many other excellent local fine dining choices where the food and service are superior. There was also a stale smell like they needed to really clean the place.Special Features:
- livelovelaughDined on 9/3/2014I'm a regular at Fleming's. The lady at the front is not as friendly as the other ladies. The last couple of times I was there she didn't smile or greet you. Before reservation times we like to enjoy cocktails and appetizers in the bar area. Usually, the service is really good but this time not so much, the bartenders/waiters weren't friendly at all they all acted as if they were tired. Mind you it was only 5 pm. We had to ask for water, bread, and we had to say we're ready to provide our drink order when someone is available. But things turned around once we went to the main dining room and we had Shaughn (lady) as our waitress and she did a great job. They did a great job making my mom feel special for her birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanGDined on 8/24/2014Have had much better steak at Flemings in the past. Probably should have sent it back --Onion rings great as usualI would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good food & serviceDanGatorVIPDined on 8/24/2014Fleming's always offers good food and service on a consistent basis. Onion soup is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service makes the differenceDisneyFoodieDined on 8/22/2014Heidi energizes her crew at Flemings and she makes a point to know her customers. That's what keeps us coming back. Be sure to ask for Crystal or Alicia as your server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding detailsChristyDined on 8/22/2014They really went the extra mile to personalize our experience and make my husband's birthday special. Everything was outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Please turn up the volume...FlawidaJackDined on 8/20/2014We've been here a few times before. Seated in the first floor dining room, there was a din from the crowd. My wife and I communicated as always, and the poor waitress used everything but semaphore to get our order. The crowning achievement was when I thought I heard a television broadcast, complete with a laugh track. My bride pointed out the extra entertainment came from two ladies seated behind me in a booth. They were watching something that obviously couldn't wait for a more appropriate site. I politely asked them to turn up the volume, I missed the occasional word. One started to comply, while the other "got it." She apologized. Oh, these kids these days. But these kids were 30+!Special Features:
- Prices are exorbitantMicheleDined on 8/20/2014While the food IS good, its not special enough for the prices. Some of the menu items are really delicious, such as the mushroom ravioli and the chicken (which I never order at a restaurant but its very good here). The wine list is nice, the flavored butter is different and good (when its fresh, which it wasn't this last time). The waitresses are stuffy and the waiters are much more personable. I won't return any time soon though unless I have money to burn.Special Features:
- Excellent Service and FoodPaulDined on 8/19/2014First time at this Flemings but the chain is one of my favorites. Service was excellent and not intrusive. Food came out hot and right off the grill. No complaints from anyone at my table. Will visit this place again when back in Tampa.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentOut2EatVIPDined on 8/16/2014Not only is the food great, the service is outstanding. From the front of the house, to the servers, everyone does the best to insure you have a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Always fabulousCoupleDined on 8/15/2014I only recall good memories at Fleming's along with delicious food! They make you feel special every time, no matter if it's celebrating a special occasion or a dinner out.Special Features:
- Treated like Royality!Bella01VIPDined on 8/6/2014Planned a girls night out to celebrate a friends birthday! Wow! The staff had the perfect 10 top! They put a big card & rose pedals on the table! The servers were amazing, drinks were great & Dinner was delicious! :) They even took a group picture of us printed it out and gave it to the Bday girl with a cute card! Thanks for the new & improved experience at Flemings!! We were very HAPPY!Special Features:
- Poor Dining ExperiencePaulDined on 7/24/2014I took my wife to dinner for her 75th birthday and we had the worst experience we have had in many years. We ordered a medium price wine and were told it was not available. The steaks ($45 & $40 each) were overcooked and dry. We have had better steaks at Longhorn Steakhouse for far less money. The mashed potatoes were soupy and the string beans were under cooked. The management (Dana) was condescending and non responsive. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone and would advise them to visit one of the other fine steak houses in Tampa.
- Wonderful steak and serviceDiana2644Dined on 7/23/2014I loved the dining experience at Fleming's. I had a fabulous waitress named Minna who recommended a sirloin steak and it was delicious. The wine list was impressive and the service was the best I have ever had. It was a great dinner after a rough day and I enjoyed it.Special Features:
- One of my favoritesRosieVIPDined on 7/13/2014Anytime I'm traveling I always look for a Flemings steakhouse...especially on the nights they have their prime rib special. Their Lava Cake is to die for!!Special Features:
- Wonderful!DinnerDined on 7/9/2014We celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary. Perfect is all I can say. Meet with champagne, a special menu cover acknowledging our anniversary, truffles on the way out the door. Excellent service! Memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite Steakhouse in TampaMeducatorVIPDined on 7/4/2014Not only is the food delicious, perfectly prepared and beautifully plated, the service is the best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 302 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Tampa reviews archive.
- Could be much betterpjmflDined on 7/2/2014Our waiter, Chris, was outstanding. And Flemings does bend over backwards to help you enjoy your visit but, for me, the food was just not up to the prices. It is good; not great. This was our second try, and we found it to be about the same as the first, lacking. On another dismaying note: Flemings seems to have no dress code and people come in shorts, jeans, cutoffs, even. I guess it is a sign of the times but when I go to a nice restaurant or a night on the town, I take extra pains to dress a bit nicer than when I am gong to the beach or the supermarket. I probably would not recommend FlemingsSpecial Features:
- Birthday Dinner Done WellAgedBeefAMGVIPDined on 6/28/2014Took my Fiance out for dinner to be welcomed by name at the host stand. Once seated she received a birthday card and a complementary champagne toast. The steak was outstanding as well as the service. The valet was awesome, as he moved a Mercedes G wagon to park my car up front. What a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerlove2dineDined on 6/28/2014My wife and I came here for first time for our 17 year anniversary. The approach time after bread and water was dropped off by an assistant,was quite long. Almost 10 minutes. After waiter finally came,everything was good.my only compliant is this place is VERY expensive. Ala carte everything. The cheapest steak was like 42.00.served with......nothing.we shared a side of 10.00 mash potatos. We each had 1 cocktail and 1 beer. No dessert. I paid 180.00 with a 25 percent tip. It was nice for a special occasion but could not afford otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough SteakLizzyVIPDined on 6/28/2014Steak was not a prime quality steak. Felt like Outback Steakhouse was just as good. Not worth the cost.Special Features:
- Not what it used to beVerseDined on 6/15/2014Not what it used to be. This level of expense better spent at several other Tampa steak houses.
- Food is so so!KathyVIPDined on 6/15/2014The food has lost it's flare... The servers are amazing but I wish there food had more substance..Special Features:
- Outstanding Meal!!!sstabesVIPDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I had an excellent experience at Fleming's Tampa! The service and ambiance was romantic but vibrant! My husbands steak was cooked to perfection! I had tuna which I eat well done and it was cooked appropriately but the seasoning was bland. The chocolate lava cake is a MUST!!! Would recommend this restaurant for date night, groups or special occasions but not for young children.Special Features:
- Flemings is consistently ExcellentdragoVIPDined on 6/13/2014we eat at Flemings at least once a month and the service and the food continue to be great. from Donna the manager to the incredible waitstaff/bartenders in clouding Angela, Cora -Lee, Britt and Matt and a newbie waitress Amber, everyone is friendly and professional. great place to go for Happy Hour.Special Features:
- ReliableHappyVIPDined on 6/10/2014Fleming's always great food served by knowledgeable and professional people. I admire the consistency and, of course, the dining experience is always excellent. The barbecue salmon was delicious!
- Excellent dining experienceOswaldoFDined on 6/10/2014Excellent dining experience, and definitely will recommend for special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.