Fleming's Steakhouse - Sarasota
2001 Siesta Drive
Sarasota, FL 34239Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Sarasota
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/fl/sarasota
- Phone: (941) 358-9463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: South Tamiami Trail
- Public Transit: SCTA buses stop near the restaurant. There are stops on both Siesta Drive & Tamiami Trail (Hwy 41).
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer complimentary valet parking, there is also plenty of self parking behind the Center for Endoscopy & Surgery & Bank of America Buildings next door
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Sarasota
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Fleming's Steakhouse - Sarasota - Best Restaurants in Sarasota ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Sarasota reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)notable wine list (38)fit for foodies (31)romantic (30)vibrant bar scene (19)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (10)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- The food was obscenely expensive.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014For $50, the steak was tiny and looked unappetizing on a huge, otherwise empty plate. This is a la carte to a ridiculous extreme. Anthony, our server had attitude. He didn't like answering questions that he felt were unreasonable for example, "is the coffee medium or dark roast"? He answered that it was medium and it was dark. My salmon was over cooked and cold by the time he returned to give me freshly ground black pepper. I WOULD NEVER RETURN AND WILL MAKE IT A POINT TO TELL EVERYONE IN MY SOCIAL CIRCLE TO AVOID FLEMMINGS.
- Anniversary CelebrationTwinkieDined on 11/3/2014This was our 7th time celebrating our anniversary dinner with Sarasota Fleming's. It was a great night! The table was set with rose petals and a personalized card signed by the entire staff. Everyone came by and wished us a happy anniversary. The food was great and they ended with a lighted dessert and a box of truffles. We could not be more pleased with my dinner. Just like my beautiful wife Fleming's get's better every year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingElleDVIPDined on 10/30/2014We have dined at this Fleming's several times, however, each time our experience is less than the best. The "Happy Hour" is better described as "Unhappy Hour". Insufficient space in the bar, usually very crowded and management will not permit a glass of happy hour wine beyond the bar area. Our last visit was the most disappointing as the service was poor, there was a hassle over the wine and they gave me the wrong take home bag....I found someone's left over prime rib when I arrived home instead of my cheesecake. I left a message for the manager Dean to call, however, no response from him. As an alternative, I would suggest exploring the new restaurants at the University Town Center, Sarasota for more exciting options.
- Wonderful Birthday Dinnertoni2177Dined on 10/26/2014They made everything absolutely perfect... I could not have asked for a better birthday dinner for my partner. Everyone and everything was beautifully executed... from the rose on the table to the drinks and service to the wonderful meal. We have always loved Flemings and we tried to get there as least 3 to 4 times a year... and we always feel like it is our first time when the red carpet is rolled out for us each and every time. Wonderful place to celebrate and to share with family and friends. Five stars ***** without a doubt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Celebrated my birthday here, but didn't expect to be so costly. Although the food was excellent, and service from waitress, suburb, we were not approached from manager to see if everything was ok? Other than that we had a wonderful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambiance but very expensiveberliner1967Dined on 10/6/2014While I have always enjoyed the ambiance at Flemings I have to say that the prices have really skyrocketed, more so than many other great restaurants in Sarasota.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday dinnerBillDined on 10/5/2014Had there Sunday Prime Rib special. It was very good. Nice flavor. Good service. Well done.Special Features:
- DisappointedSarasotan4steakDined on 10/1/2014Wait staff slow to greet (10 mins). Asked for dry martini but had too much vermouth. I ordered bone in rib-eye - surprised when it arrived that it was <1/2 inch thick and had some gravy like substance on top...way too fatty and very tough...akin to supermarket piece of meet (Publix is much better) but not a $51 steak....I lived in NY and also live in Boston so know good steaks from all the great steak houses...this was way off...mashed potatoes had been sitting around for a while and were too firm....wine (listed as a Duckhorn Pinot) was way too light...didn't taste like the last duckhorn I had....desert coffee arrived cold....waitress was very pleasant but seemingly distracted by too many tables to attend to....Special Features:
- Nice but quite priceydinnerfortwoDined on 9/26/2014The service was good, the wine list was large, the iPad for wine selection was a nice touch, the manager was pleasant and generous and the place was obviously popular. The food is quite pricey. Some specials are only made known through the website or to members of their enewsletter club. The noise level was much higher than I had expected, especially in a restaurant which sells $50 steaks (not including sides).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Service, wine and foodByronDined on 9/23/2014My wife surprised me to a great birthday dinner at Flemings. We truly enjoyed the steak I had and the scallops she ordered. Our server Emile made the experience even more enjoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT FOODjp516VIPDined on 9/21/2014The food was excellent, the service was terrific, one of the best restaurant's in SarasotaSpecial Features:
- Great for BirthdaysneverhadoneVIPDined on 9/18/2014It's a great place to celebrate a birthday. A rose was on the table along with a card from the staff. After a delicious and well served steak, a box of candy with a candle was presented.Special Features:
- The Best Service in SarasotaCoastalVirginiaPublisherVIPDined on 9/17/2014Anniversary celebration was above and beyond. Amy was wonderful and very knowledgeable. We will be back.Special Features:
- Fine dining at its bestFoodie941Dined on 9/11/2014We went to Flemings for the first time for my boyfriend's birthday & were wowed from the moment we sat down until the moment we left. Our server Barb was incredibly knowledgeable, attentive, and friendly, surpassing the expectations of "good service". Our meal, which consisted of calamari, a wedge salad, an aged ribeye, petite fillet mignon and crab cake, Fleming's potatoes, and a chocolate lava cake was exquisite, with everything being cooked perfectly. Their wine list was expansive, with bottles of wine for every price range. We can't wait to find another reason to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fleming's is the spot for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Overall great restaurant and excellent service. Food is fantastic! Reservations are a must and savor the moment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fleming's hits a home run!HollyLAVIPDined on 8/22/2014I took my parents here on the occasion of their 66th wedding anniversary and my dad's 91st birthday. My sister and our Aunt joined us. Last time we were there, we had some issues with service, but not this time! The steaks were delicious, side dishes superb and dessert- well, just to die for! Their wine list is presented on an ipad which is fun and you can explore the list in several different ways. Our waiter was kind enough to let us a taste a couple before we decided. Thank you Flemings for making this special occasion so memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!LauraVIPDined on 8/18/2014Flemings is known for their food, but the service we had was so far above and beyond! The wine list by the glass was so good. I was able to have wine that normally u can only get by the bottle. Yum! I Love Flemings!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful eveningJaclynDined on 8/16/2014We dine at Fleming's almost monthly, sometimes more often. Always a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerFloridaFoodieDined on 8/15/2014My wife an I went to Fleming's for our anniversary and loved it. The server made great recommendations for wine to pair with our dinners. We had a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodBertVIPDined on 8/15/2014Rib eye and filet not seasoned well at all. Have been to Fleming many times and always enjoyed an excellent meal, not so this time
- servicespecialDined on 8/3/2014there was not enough staff on. Orders came out wrong
- Our special occasion was specialsunnyDined on 8/1/2014We decided to celebrate our wedding anniversary at Fleming's. It was a good decision. When we arrived, our table was waiting for us covered with red rose petals and with a "Happy Anniversary" card. The dinner was delicious (filet mignon). The wait staff was knowledgeable, attentive, and responsive. As we left, they gave us a box of chocolates. In all, it was a romantic and joyful experience.Special Features:
- GreatMNAmyDined on 7/28/2014Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great GreatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 307 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Sarasota reviews archive.
- Impeccable serviceJan14Dined on 7/25/2014My husband and had a wonderful experience at Flemings. The steaks were some of the best we've ever had. Our waiter, David, was wonderful. He knew the menu well, offered suggestions, very attentive. I was some what surprised to see the way some people were dressed,ie flip-flops and shorts. I think maybe a restaurant of this caliber should have a dress code, more like our Yacht Club. We'll definitely go back and take friends and recommend Flemings to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib Special is GREATNew2SRQDined on 7/20/2014My wife and I both had the prime rib special, it was cooked perfect, very flavorful, awesome sauces, and tender. The baked potato side was perfect and the desserts; lava cake and carrot were fantastic. We'll be back!!Special Features:
- Devine dining!SunshineDined on 7/19/2014Dining at Fleming's Steakhouse in Sarasota is always a treat! The food is superb, always cooked to perfection, and the service is the best!!! The atmosphere is classy , romantic and relaxing. We always look froward to dining at Fleming's when we we are in town. Bravo, Fleming's! Sunshine 7/21/14Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak is bestSteakDined on 7/10/2014They have the best steak in town--regularly--and we have compared them allQSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placespecialDined on 7/6/2014The food and service was outstanding.Everything was on time but their was no rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceTwFlDined on 7/5/2014We like the steak here better than any other place in Sarasota. Preparation is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerbigeaterDined on 7/4/2014The experience was great. The steak was cooked to perfection, and the dessert was sumptious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flemings always greatsteooVIPDined on 6/28/2014Has the best service and do everything they can to please. Celebrated a birthday dinner for my wife with friends and they went far beyond making this dinner special for her. Food is always great . We love the Sarasota room quiet and nice setting to be able to talk with friends.Special Features:
- Goodtimes234Dined on 6/27/2014Our only negative was the noise level. Food outstanding, service impeccable. Enjoyed our experience.Special Features:
- diner8selectiveVIPDined on 6/14/2014The food is always perfect ! From the bread, salads, main dish -- always served at your pace for the meal. The servers are very knowledgeable about the food choices and make suggestions. The service is impeccable -- they offer you a white or black napkin depending on your color pants or dress. You are greeted upon entering the restaurant and thanked when leaving your dining experience. The personal care is amazing !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appreciating Savor SarasotaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014We were there for Savor Sarasota and stuck to the menu. No extras but wine. The food choices were very tasty and size appropriate to the price, but the service etc was the same as if we had a $400 bill. Kudos for staff recognizing that Restaurant weeks work. We'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Nightcjob50Dined on 6/7/2014Fleming's has always had a wonderful atmosphere with great service and great food. They have these wonderful little dessert truffles that were given to is at the end. Loved the dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Excellent!FLSunshineGirlDined on 6/7/2014Flemings never fails to meet our expectations as one of the best restaurants in our area. From the moment you arrive, everything is done to make your experience delightful. The food, the ambiance, the service and the quiet elegance make this our favorite place to celebrate.Special Features:
- Sarasota RoomambrosiaVIPDined on 5/30/2014If you like steak house ambiance, avoid the Sarasota Room. We refused a table in the brightly lit room that seemed more like a fast food joint and offered nothing of the experience we were expecting that evening from Flemings.Special Features:
- Celebrate your birthdaysunnyDined on 5/20/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday with a few friends. The staff was attentive, friendly, and capable. They gave my husband a birthday card and chocolate candies. They made the occasion very special. We recommend this restaurant for celebrating special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ServicsLagaDined on 5/11/2014David our server was one of the best we have come across in Sarasota.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnDined on 5/11/2014This was our first visit to Fleming's. It was Mother's Day & the restaurant was very busy & loud. My filet was very very tender & cooked perfect. The service could of been better. Our waiter took away the salad forks, telling us he was going to replace them with chilled forks. The salad was served & we did not have any forks. It was a little while until a waiter came by for us to let him know we didn't have any forks. A nice touch to serve chilled forks with salad when you receive them. There were four in our party & everyone was pleased with their dinner choices. The restaurant is pricey as everything is al a carte.Special Features: