Fleming's Steakhouse - Sandestin
600 Grand Boulevard
Sandestin, FL 32550Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Sandestin
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/fl/sandestin
- Phone: (850) 269-0830
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Sandestin
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Fleming's Steakhouse - Sandestin - Best Restaurants in Destin ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Sandestin reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (23)notable wine list (21)romantic (21)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- ExceptionalFlemingsFan1Dined on 11/20/2014This was my third time dining at Flemings and all visits were in different states. The service was consistent and the wait staff was very attentive .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hopping bar area!TVD316VIPDined on 11/16/2014We stopped in for dinner and ended up having some drinks at the bar first, what a great choice! The bar was active and they had some great happy hour specials. Fleming's never disappoints! We enjoy every trip! Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ark3310Dined on 10/17/2014Amazing every time... Tandy the manager is the best everSpecial Features:
- This is not an everyday FlemingsPuttinggVIPDined on 10/17/2014I eat regularly at Flemings when I am on the road. This particular time I was with my in-laws on vacation. I usually don't write some 5 star review but this experience is worth a review. The service ............ 5 star. We had the 2 person porterhouse for both of us and did I mention the service .......... normally the steak would have been front and center and it should have been but the service took top honers. The steak was five star as well. One of the best in a long time ................... I travel, I dine well and you can take this review to heart. If you are in the Destin area anytime soon give this one of your nights out.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure!jfpsDined on 9/6/2014I always enjoy Flemings - the atmosphere, the food, the service - always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will definitely be back!DeeCeeBeeDined on 9/4/2014Out of the way for me, but checked out the menu and made the trip! Very good steak, perfectly prepared. The staff was wonderful! Called ahead to say I would be late, and there was no troubling accommodating my reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vey enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/2/2014Steaks were great, the wine was perfect and our waiter, Bobby, provided excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as Perfect as UsualKeysdiverDined on 8/28/2014When I arrived the host seemed preoccupied even though there wasn't much activity... but the woman who seated my party of 3 was charming. We weren't in a rush (catching up; it's been a long time since we'd last visited) and we weren't rushed. Enjoyed an excellent Knob Creek Manhattan while we were chatting. The server (don't remember his name) was professional but wasn't totally on his game that night. No big deal. Started with the carpaccio (perfect), moved on to the caesar salad (crisp & fresh), and the had the petite filet mignon -rare- (superb). Dinner companion chose the wine and although we didn't have dessert the waiter brought us truffles (twice). Coffee and a B & B rounded out a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jfpsDined on 8/25/2014Great service. Terrific food. Friendly staff. Superb wine list. What more can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT CHAINGaryDined on 8/24/2014FLEMING'S IS JUST A GREAT CHAIN RESTAURANT. ALWAYS GOOD FOOD AND EXCELLENT SERVICE. STEAKS ARE THE BEST BUT OTHER MENU ITEMS ARE EQUALLY GOOD. BE PREPARED TO PAY FOR QUALITY FOOD AND SERVICE BUT WORTH THE PRICE.Special Features:
- the bestdeion0234VIPDined on 8/20/2014One of the best restaurants in Florida. Wonderfull steakhouse service etc. Anyone will enjoy the setting service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 96 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Sandestin reviews archive.
- Happy hourunderwhelmedVIPDined on 7/22/2014They have a great happy hour here. The burger is out of this world!!!Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceLaura897VIPDined on 7/20/2014Our waiter, Max, was very attentive. He made sure our daughter was safe with her food allergies. Food was delicious. Excellent steak!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flemings SandestinOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/19/2014The steaks are the food star here. They are not presented with mush style or panache and the sides are mediocre. But a prime steak is hard to mess up if served at the temp requested. The service is impeccable and the atmosphere relaxing here. I would go again and again for the quality meats but I do not expect it to rise to the level of the great non chain steakhousesSpecial Features:
- Disappointing fried chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/16/2014Came in for the Wed. Buttermilk fried chicken special. Turned out to be a cornish hen that had never seen any buttermilk. Not very tasty.KFC would have been more satisfying. Did not like the cole slaw either. The strawberry shortcake dessert was fine. My wife loved the lamb chop small plates and thenCaesars salad. Service was excellent!! We are regular customers and plan to go Sunday for the prime rib special that we know is excellent. Too bad about the chicken--- Gordon Ramsey would have filed it in the round can.Special Features:
- Great Steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014Great Steaks great experience. I took my wife and two daughter's here and they where very impressed with the menu, food and excellent service. Will come back next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!LuvthisplaceVIPDined on 7/6/2014We had the prime rib meals and they were fantastic!! Had a french wine was fantastic!! Desserts were absolutely delicious! Wished we had Flemings in Jacksonville!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not typical FlemmingsKTSSDined on 7/4/2014We went here with friends on the 4th of July. I had been here before and it was fantastic but that was 18 months ago. From the time we were seated to the time we got our first drink it was an hour, yes an hour! The waiter disappeared for long periods of time. The restaurant was not busy, which was surprising so not sure where he went. We had to ask dirty dishes to be cleared as well. The worst was when the waiter brought our friends 7 year old his spaghetti and meatballs. The meatballs were raw on the inside. So that was another 20 minutes. Fortunately the food was good but not great. When you pay 5 star prices and 1 star service it doesn't get you back.
- Disappointing Corkage PolicyFrequentDinerVIPDined on 6/29/2014We have dined at this Flemings many times as we have a place nearby and we are in the 'Friends Of Flemings' program. We have brought our own wine in before and never paid a corkage as we usually buy a bottle of the list as well. On this occasion, we brought a bottle in and bought a bottle off the list. The food and service were fine but when the bill came there was a corkage fee. When I questioned the manager, she said our "contract" allows them to charge a corkage. I don't know what she meant by a "contract". In just about every other restaurant we go to, buying a bottle off the list usually covers corkage. This woman doesn't have a clue as to how to treat customers, likes to argue and I'm not sure we will go back. Hello Ruth's Chris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couples night outTracy74VIPDined on 5/30/2014While vacationing in Destin we had a rare adult night out. Cocktails great. Nice wines by the glass. Meal was wonderful and service outstanding. Will seek out a Fleming's close to us when we return home!Special Features:
- What a difference a server makes!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/27/2014Had dinner here earlier in the week while celebrating our 42nd wedding anniversary. Server was terrible, while food and ambience were great! Went back another night, requested different server. They assigned us Bobby who was wonderful. When will restaurants realize that service can make or break you. Thank you Bobby!Special Features:
- Consistently goodRuddsterDined on 5/15/2014Great steaks, great Flemings potatoes. When we are tired of fresh fish at the beach, we go to Flemings for a great steak. Always satisfied with the quality and perfect "light pink in the center" steaks. If you are there for a quiet evening, do not sit in the bar area booths. We were seated in a booth in the bar area. Shortly after our seating, four ladies were seated behind us and then two men came in and hung on the edge of our booth talking and laughing loudly. Further to our disappointment, the two guys pulled two bar stool chairs up to the table and continued to order full meals as well. Again, it was our call to be seated in an immediately available booth, but, we will not make that mistake again. Remember...great steaks!!Special Features:
- Food for TwoSpike1Dined on 5/11/2014Enjoyed a quiet Brunch with my love. Good wine, good food and good service in an elegant atmosphere. Will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food wasn't greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/2/2014The scallops and grouper were not that great and not worth the price. The service was great.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysCICCreditDined on 4/23/2014When CIC Credit wants to entertain clients there is no other choice for a top notch resturant like Flemings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always exceptionalfamdinerDined on 4/23/2014We make the Happy Hour @ Flemings every time we are in Sandestin. The food and drinks are always exceptional and the price cannot be beaten.Special Features:
- fine dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Steaks are outstanding as well as the service. We were treated very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/20/2014We had a group of six people. Our server was efficient and friendly. Food was great.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The steaks and shrimp wereOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/13/2014The steaks and shrimp were overcooked and it took two hours to get the food. My wife also received the wrong steak The restaurant was not busy. Something was wrong in the kitchen. The server was terrific and the manager ended up comping our meal but it was not the nice evening out we expected.
- Great dinner!JbirdDined on 3/9/2014Our dinner at Flemings was great as always. I tried the new iron - crusted style steak and it was remarkable. All four of us thoroughly enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2014We eat at this Flemmings quite often when we want to treat ourselves. They have great steaks at competitive prices. Always a nice atmosphere and an attentive wait staff. Sometimes the staff is a little too attentive. It's annoying when you're having a convesation over dinner or just enjoying a coctail before your meal and you are constantly interrupted. This happens at a lot of places. I know Flemmings wants to ensure a great experience but they need to train the art of "interrupting". Some are good at it while others just blast right in with whatever question they may have. Great restaurants have mastered the art of being available without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EricsdadMikejanVIPDined on 2/4/2014Excellent experience . Service by Jerry Babin superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/9/2014This was our first visit to the restaurant having recently moved from the NYC area to Destin. We were surprised by the a la carte prices but then expected exceptional quality food. Unfortunately the only thing exceptional was the cost of the dinner. The food & service were good but not worth the money. We won't return for dinner but may try the happy hour. The quality of liquor is not the best offered during this time but the bar food looked appetizing.
- ReviewMickeyVIPDined on 12/31/2013The shrimp cocktail must have been frozen and left in the refrigerator for a day or two. It was mushy and didn't taste good. $17.50 for 4 shrimp and we only ate 2 of them. 2 or us asked for Tanqueray gin and got Tanqueray Rangpur, a more expensive gin that I don't like the taste of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeafoodCBallardDined on 12/30/2013Perhaps the Destin location was not the best choice for Flemmings, based on the competition, but paying $18 for four shrimp that are so over cooked that you could bounce them off of the floor! - is simply unacceptable!!!!
- Great prime rib on Sunday nightsfamdinerDined on 12/29/2013Delicious prime rib + dessert is a fabulous special on Sunday nights. The chocolate lava cake & ice cream is spectacular and the service is also outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flemings SandestinLizandMarkVIPDined on 12/22/2013We were expecting exceptional food and service for the price but Found the food was not in the exceptional area. Service was ok but for the amount of ppl there it could have been A lot quicker. Food was good just not as good as it was priced. Had a white Cosmo and First one was very good the second one had a fruity flavor to it such as peach and was not very good Don't think we will be returning.Special Features:
- great dining experiencequartertymeDined on 12/15/2013Good service, fabulous steak very attentive waitstaffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinner with spouseNitaDined on 11/10/2013Our romantic dining experience started off on a high positive note, by having the hostess acknowledge us by name, followed by being seated at a very romantic table setting, and promptly being acknowledged by our server. The experience went downhill from there. My husband ordered coffee immediately upon the server taking our drink order. He never received that first cup of coffee during the entire dining experience despite 10 different reminders. Our appetizer was served promptly and was outstanding. We then waited 45 minutes before being served our salads, which were very simple salads. We waited an additional one hour before being served our entrees or the house prime rib and a filet mignon. The service was very poor.Special Features:
- Always great food and servicealbhallmarkDined on 9/6/2013We love Flemings. It is better than some of the other nicer steak restaurants. Service is always wonderful. From the bread with the two different butters, flemings potatoes, perfectly cooked steaks, and great salads you will not be disappointed. And do not turn down dessert, take it with you because you will be too full from dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.